Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win into the 43rd Autumn Elections Main Tournament?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soma Yukihira

10 66.67%
  • Megumi Tadokoro

2 13.33%
  • Takumi Aldini

1 6.67%
  • Hisako Arato

0 0%
  • Ryo Kurokiba

1 6.67%
  • Alice Nakiri

0 0%
  • Akira Hayama

0 0%
  • Unknown Giant Student

1 6.67%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Autumn Election: Main Tournament

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Autumn Election: Main Tournament

OK folks, with the Preliminary has finally over here are the Main Tournament is finally on the way. Among of all 60 participants, only 8 are chosen to the Main Tournament. Of all challengers in the Main Tournament in the competition, here is the only one winner will emerged. Who will be victorious?

BLOCK A:
    1.Curry Expert (Hayama Akira)
    -As expected, the Curry Expert has the upper hand as the theme help him to make a big win, with the help of his perfectly made curry spices. With his 94 points, he out anyone, including Kurokiba and Hayama, Hayama has finally found his challenge (Soma) as he witnessed all 3 judges given Soma 3 19 points, surpassed with his own 3 18's (Natsume's own aren't count). This would be the Curry Expert's bigger challenge he ever faced yet!
    2.Yukihira Genius (Soma Yukihira)
    -The Yukihira Genius is now able to show his skills to all that his effort would be worth-a-while and he did it by using the combination of failure as his flavors of the food. With now his skills are even surprised Hayama with 3 19 points from the judges, his already central attention would risen even further as his other 7 rivals, including Megumi, would attempts to put him out from the game. With many rivals from each side, can the Yukihira Genius managed to pull it off and overcome the obstacles just like his legendary father ?
    3.Two-Faced Mad Dog (Ryo Kurokiba)
    -Kurokiba is proven is no pushover as he not only he is under Alice's company, but his cooking skills is also no pusher. Possibly the only few peers that outspoken Natsume, Kurokiba is one of the unique participants who not just his ever shifting personality, but every dishes he finished left an unlikely surprise to add the suspense. As he is in the big league, is there anyone able to stop the Mad Dog?
    4. Giant Brute (Unnamed Student)
    -A new character who joins the qualifying roster for the Tournament, this behemoth would proved no rookie as he crushed Shun and Marui out from the game, with 91 points as his finale score and ranked 4th in Block A. With Eizan's smirk, we could only assumed that he is with Eizan's side and he could be Soma's another rival, with a possibility that he is too among of many who tend to tame the Yukihira Genius after he heard over Soma's infamous ambitious speech. Let hope the later chapter will reveal more about him soon.

BLOCK B
    1. Danish Tootsuki Artist (Alice Nakiri)
    -As expected, from Erina's cousin, Alice's reputation as the creative powerhouse chef is certainly not a fluke. Her performance would proved no pushover as the combination of art and technology prevailed almost all students within the block. What out everyone, 'cause Alice will be you toughest challenge!
    2. Erina's Secretary (Hisako Arato)
    -Erina's sole champion and friend would proved her skills. With her infinite knowledge about Chinese medicine is unbeatable, Hisako crushed Sadatsuka twice until she is beaten by Alice's 95 points. While , can the tournament would be Hisako's moment of retribution against Erina's Alice and if she able to cross with Soma, can she able to crush the Tootsuki Princess's nemesis?
    3. Aldini Miracle (Takumi Aldini)
    -Among the Aldini Twins, Takumi is the only Aldini brother made it to the as. Without-a-doubt, Takumi is clearly remained dominated after Isami whose skill is now improvise after his encounter with his nemesis, Soma. Now with him going into the Tournament alone, can Takumi finally settle his rivalry against Soma in a battle which he so much desired?
    4. Tohoku Bunny (Megumi Tadokoro)
    -The event would be Megumi's once-in-a-lifestyle chance to prove everyone that her skills shall not be underrated. After the infamous Shokugeki and Mr.Yukihria's visit, Megumi's skills has improvise and created a heartwarming effect that even shocked Alice, despite she subsequently ranked 4th in Block B. With she now into the big 8, can Megumi let the miracle worked for her once again?
    Last edited by Leoat12; February 22, 2014 at 04:09 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Discussion] Autumn Election: Main Tournament

Based on my bet that the matches will be decided by preliminaries positions, we have this:

Hayama Akira x Tadokoro Megumi
    Yukihira Souma x Takumi Aldini
    Kurokiba x Arato Hisako
    Nakiri Alice x Unknown Guy

In bold the most obvious results, in my opinion, of course. If it happens to be the matches I will make a more complete analysis of this with my bets until the finals.
    A Kurokiba vs. Hisako match would be, indeed, the most interesting because we will not know who will win at all.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autumn Election: Main Tournament

So I am curious, any of you guys think that there would be a plot twist in the final that Soma isn't going to win the entire election? because it's interesting if it happens.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    So I am curious, any of you guys think that there would be a plot twist in the final that Soma isn't going to win the entire election? because it's interesting if it happens.
    I have this opinion that he will not win since the beginning. XD

It is his first serious competition and in mangas where the author take seriously (don't use MC power too much), the MC usually lose to learn and be ready to the next one, swear don't lose anymore, etc. I really don't like when the MC wins everything, principally when he is just a student and has failures yet, even though he has talent. The series has only 60 chapters and Souma is already the best 1st year (behind Erina)? If it happens, there won't be any rival for him and the authors will have to bring new characters all the time.

I think Souma will beat Hayama, but lost to Alice in the finals.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of any seedings, or positions, I feel Alice will make it into the final, and I feel Soma will face the 9th Seat's lackey. I also think one of the Nakiri cousins underlings will make it into the top 4. I just think that the way the story has been progressing the above three all have a very good chance of happening.

Quote Quote:
    I have this opinion that he will not win since the beginning
    I have also felt the same. The story needs to have Soma meticulously defeat all the other 1st years ranked ahead of him little by little, not to do it in one fell swoop in this tournament. With a top 4 or even top 2 finish Soma will have legitimized himself as a serious contender in the eyes of all the other 1st years, and they can no longer think he is just some loud talking newcomer transfer who is all bravado and no substance. Soma will need to get past the Nakiri cousins' underlings first, then get past Alice, then Erina. Although I think Soma might take on the current 9th seat before taking on Erina, because Erina will have already moved on to the 8th seat, but that is a bit off topic.
    Last edited by LoS; February 24, 2014 at 03:52 PM.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, yeah, I think most of us agree that Soma is indeed going to lose in the finals of this election. I also have the same sentiment with most of you, if Souma win this election, it would be too much of a power spike for him, and we're still in chapter 60. It's interesting also to consider if after winning the autumn election, Alice would take Erina's seat in the Elite 10.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing the people who perform well in the Main Tournament will get elected to the Elite Ten? No reason why Souma couldn't get a seat by 2nd year...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Aldani beat Kurokiba. He have to show his skill as Souma rival somehow.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Ah, yeah, I think most of us agree that Soma is indeed going to lose in the finals of this election. I also have the same sentiment with most of you, if Souma win this election, it would be too much of a power spike for him, and we're still in chapter 60. It's interesting also to consider if after winning the autumn election, Alice would take Erina's seat in the Elite 10.
    Well, not sure if Soma ever winning or losing during the final, but as far as well know the battle will be more than epic. Here is my own

SOMA'S ROUTE
    So my speculation is this,[LIST]
    • Quarter Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Giant Brute/ Two Face Mad Dog/ Erina's Secretary (Danish Tootsuki Artist)
    • Semi-Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Aldini Miracle/Curry Expert/ Tohoku Bunny (???)
    • Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Danish Tootsuki Artist (???)
    • Winners - He/She will be using this to challenge any Elite 10 Seat members (WARNING: Erina's seat may not be the target)
    Last edited by Chingaruna517; March 15, 2014 at 08:40 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see that most of the people agree that Alice will be in the finals, regardless Souma is there or not. If Souma is there, he will lose, most likely.
    I don't know if this tournament will be a ticket for a Elite Ten challenge, maybe yes, maybe not. I think it will increase the winner's reputation, but not put him/her in the Elite Ten. Remember: Elite Ten is the strongest in the whole school, first years don't enter there normally, Erina is special. One tournament is not enough to put someone in the Elite Ten, certainly.

Putting all participants in a ranking, it is easier to analyze:

1st - Alice (Favorite to win the Autumn Election)
    2nd - Hisako (She is Erina's secretary and very well known by Alice, probably the unique adversary that Alice take serisouly, aside her own secretary, Kurokiba)
    3rd - Hayama, Kurokiba and Souma (They are pratically in the same level. Hard to say who is more powerful)
    4th - Unknown Guy (His power is unknown as well, but he is here approximately, by his score)
    5th - Takumi (Like everybody here, he is powerful,too, but, I don't know, I can't take him serisouly. XD)
    6th - Megumi (She is lost here. XD. Well, I think everybody agree that Megumi is the weakest, even though her previous performance. She has to grow up more than the rest, principally in her confidence.)

I will use this rank to base my bet later.
    Last edited by Leoat12; February 25, 2014 at 06:08 AM.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
    Well, not sure if Soma ever winning or losing during the final, but as far as well know the battle will be more than epic. Here is my own

SOMA'S ROUTE
    So my speculation is this,
    • Quarter Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Giant Brute/ Two Face Mad Dog/ Erina's Secretary
    • Semi-Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Aldini Miracle/Curry Expert/ Tohoku Bunny
    • Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Danish Tootsuki Artist
    • Winners - He/She will be using this to challenge any Elite 10 Seat members (WARNING: Erina's seat may not be the target)
    My reasoning is more based on that it is unlikely for Souma to be a winner of this election if we're agree that it's too fast for him to get all this triumphs at this moment. I'm also doubtful that he's stronger than Alice too. But I agree, it's going to be more epic.

Plot wise, I could see that if Alice wins this election, she'd likely to challenge Erina for the 10th Seat. Maybe Erina would lose as well

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chingaruna517 View Post
    SOMA'S ROUTE
    So my speculation is this,
    • Quarter Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Giant Brute/ Two Face Mad Dog/ Erina's Secretary (Danish Tootsuki Artist)
    • Semi-Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Aldini Miracle/Curry Expert/ Tohoku Bunny (???)
    • Finals-Yukihira Genius vs Danish Tootsuki Artist (???)
    OK, now with the 62nd chapter has revealed of Soma vs Alice (I always thought that battle is supposed to go into the finals), this would get a little interesting. Moreover, I can see the fear within the Polar Star Gang who think that challenging someone prestigious like Alice is a sure-lose battle . But only Shun is composed enough to see Soma is neither shocked nor

YUKIHIRA GENIUS vs DANISH TOOTSUKI ARTIST
    Battle Food Theme: Bento
    Battle Summary
    The Yukihira Genius's infamous speech has influence almost everyone and prompt some academy's genius and prospects to challenge him, including Alice. During the 92nd Generation Tootsuki Friendship and Rapport Training, both Soma and Alice confronted each other before the Breakfast Buffet Challenge. Though both passed the , their victory comes in a different path; Alice has made 300 dishes that is close to Erina's, while Soma is narrowly made 200 dishes thanks to his quick thinking (though that not considered as defeat, he take it as his personal lesson to improve better)

But not all, even their backgrounds are different. While Soma undergoes training from his legendary father, Alice's name already known through the world. Unlike Soma, Alice has a prestigious record to be the youngest chef to earn a trophy even as her child, and her renowned status has draws various prestigious company attention and seek her for the new menu. With this skill, Alice could be the Elite 10 material. However, Soma's daredevil has prompts Alice to think otherwise (her mockery didn't work on him).

Now, both chef powerhouses are finally confronted each other on this fateful day and neither is backing down from a fight. Even with Alice's flashy tech and tools that made even the Polar Star feared, it didn't break Soma's mind as he stay hold to his belief that arts and science aren't the factor to make a good dish ; which enough to prompt Alice grin that she seemly found someone worthy of her challenge (is she going to give all?) . In this very first round in the Main Tournament, who do you think to emerge victorious? Is it the Yukihira Genius earn his comeback victory since his first Shokugeki victory and have one of the Nakiri Cousins learn humility and experience defeat? Or is it the Danish Tootsuki Artist is the first 92nd Generation prodigy that could humble the Yukihira Genius and stop his upstart, like Eizan's plan?
    Last edited by Chingaruna517; March 15, 2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Updated

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

First, they said that the matches would be decided by lottery based on the results of the preliminaries. Since Yukihira and Alice are from different groups, we can conclude that there is rules in this lottery saying that participants of the same group cannot confront each other in the first round. Apparently, this is the only rule, because they put second against first right away. I will not try to predict the matches right now.

Yukihira Souma vs. Nakiri Alice.

As we discussed previously, Alice is, without doubt, the strongest among the eight contestants and the last chapter only left it clearer. Putting her before the entire school, she is one of the favorites to pick a seat in the Elite Ten. There is no reason to change my bet: Alice will win IMO.
    Regarding the theme, comparing to the previous theme, curry dish, Bento is much easier because you can make practically everything in a bento, and curry, on the other hand, has requirements to complete to be considered curry. Even so, Alice was very innovative and picked up the first place. Also, I often see artistic features in bentos, which is also a part of the molecular cuisine that Alice mastering. Yukihira, on the other hand, has the history against him. The last time when he had to make a dish with a short time of planning, he failed and Alice was there to point out his failure.

He needs more experience and I think that this defeat will give to Yukihira more ways to develop and defeat Alice in a bigger stage in the future.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post

As we discussed previously, Alice is, without doubt, the strongest among the eight contestants and the last chapter only left it clearer. Putting her before the entire school, she is one of the favorites to pick a seat in the Elite Ten. There is no reason to change my bet: Alice will win IMO.
    Regarding the theme, comparing to the previous theme, curry dish, Bento is much easier because you can make practically everything in a bento, and curry, on the other hand, has requirements to complete to be considered curry. Even so, Alice was very innovative and picked up the first place. Also, I often see artistic features in bentos, which is also a part of the molecular cuisine that Alice mastering. Yukihira, on the other hand, has the history against him. The last time when he had to make a dish with a short time of planning, he failed and Alice was there to point out his failure.

He needs more experience and I think that this defeat will give to Yukihira more ways to develop and defeat Alice in a bigger stage in the future.
    Truth to be told, you made a valid point. Alice is indeed, without a doubt, a cooking powerhouse within the Tootsuki. When it comes to style and art, Alice got the advantage of them. When it comes to updated cooking equipment, she definitely got it all and her young age talent proved that no doubt that she is special. However, there is a flaw; prepare the unexpected. Without experiencing any failures herself , Alice could never understand well about victory streak is not permanent, not to mention that putting faults without realized on her own. It is because everything must according to her plan, Alice may not well prepared what is beyond for comprehension. For an example, a brick-&-concrete built house. Even though it is the sturdiest building, you can't guarantee it is natural disaster proof. Aside from that, her pride would be her additional flaw as she claimed that every word she spoke might drop the morale of her rival (Soma is recently the only one who is unfazed about her words). She may have the upper hand against Soma through that kind of profession, but she would soon learn that no matter how professional she is, there is still some faults and problems. Taking Shinomiya as an example, he is also has a professional skills that allows him to open his restaurant in France. But when he was criticize by his fellow kitchen crew, everything is fallen apart and changed him into a tyrant he is to gain control of everything. Aside from that, once he finally reach his pinnacle of his fame, he makes sure that fame stay there and didn't move a bit; which is resulted his stagnation (is takes Soma's challenge and Doujima's persuasion to make Shinomiya see his errors).

Soma on the other hand is not type. Surely defeat is not a stranger to Soma and, like anyone else, losing is not popped out his mind yet. At the very least that he could do is to get up from the fall because of his theory :He may be knock down, but not knocked out, which means that he refuses to quit and fight again. He is so gotten used to the defeat that he not only lost count of it, but also find it as a lesson to learn to improvise each day in his life.

Speaking of which, bento is indeed easy to make by putting rice and ingredients in a lunch box. I don't know if there is modified bento lik you said it is, but as long it is eatable it is fine. The way Alice present her own cookware for that kind of simple dish is like using a machine-gun to tear a paper.

So personally, whoever win or lose I can't give any spoilers. But I do hope that Alice's personal defeat would certainly give her a lesson to realize that as long there is a room to learn, there is a chance of improvement (Soma is the expert of losing and learning).

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite of her talent and uncountable prizes, I have a different vision towards Alice. She has the proud of a talented person, but Yukihira also has it. Besides that, she is much more tangible than Erina, who is really in a pedestal. Hard to explain and a bit off topic, but in short, I think she must not be compared with Shinomiya. We didn't see her bragging about her talent or saying she is invincible even once until now, she only showed this in the kitchen. I think there isn't any lesson to be learned.

I guess you based your theory on what Alice said in the Camp Arc about failures and all. By her statement, there is no evidence that she doesn't know what failure is and this is quite unlikely because culinary has a bunch of experiments and failures, even it only strengthen when we are talking about molecular cuisine, which is also called experimental cuisine. Experiments leads to failures and hits. What she meant at that time was that a cook mustn't fail when they are demonstrating a dish to their clients, when the dish is already finished, which is obvious. Yukihira failure at that time was very serious and Alice pointed it out right away, showing her experience. If she doesn't have experience with failures, how did she know about this failure?
    Last edited by Leoat12; March 17, 2014 at 09:54 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast