Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Shokugeki no Soma 93 Spoiler Thread

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Shokugeki no Soma 93 Spoiler Thread

Discuss Souma spoiler here.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Soma 93 Spoiler Thread

Some spoilers from 2ch (note: I've yet to confirm if they're 100% true, but the 2channellers are taking it as truth and the content seems plausible)
    Spoiler show
    Translation/Summary
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Eru13; October 29, 2014 at 02:42 AM.

3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    Some spoilers from 2ch (note: I've yet to confirm if they're 100% true, but the 2channellers are taking it as truth and the content seems plausible)
    Spoiler show
    Translation/Summary
    Spoiler show
    Yaaaas anime Maybe a summer/fall 2015??? Hopefully we get more details soon

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Color spread dedicated to anime:

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's the image from Shueisha's Comics News magazine. Announcing the Anime as well.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Soma and megume have eyes with almost the same color

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Eru13's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more tidbits and an image
    Spoiler show

Also, the next time I post here will be when I post the full text spoiler (other than answering small questions if I know the answer)

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Alchemist View Post
    Color spread dedicated to anime:

Great color page, seems like a photo of the gang. XD

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eru13 View Post
    Spoiler show
    Translation/Summary
    Spoiler show
    So, it will a be match to see who uses his specialty, basically. Yukihira is good with dishes to the masses, now I can define his specialty.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is that a specialty? That's so broad and can cover so many different fields its like throwing a pebble into a cooking ocean. Masses of what, french people, italian, Japanese, Chinese, meat eaters, or vegetarians? His restaurant's slogan is being able to serve whatever the customer wants. And he's not unwilling to use high-end ingredients when he thinks the situation calls for it like during his competition with Nikumi when he emptied out his account to try to buy better ingredients (and couldn't cause his dad's a cheap-skate) or gladly accepted Nikumi's offer of being supplied high-quality chicken meat during his attempt to revitalize the shopping district (and found out her idea of a discount was way outside his budget) or used a high-end ingredient like tail meat in his last match. He's got an entire field of study he dominates basically compared to the single class course of others, like if I was to say he was good in math, well math covers a lot of things from algebra to calculus, so he's basically good in ALL those subjects whereas others are only good in one. In some ways its comparable to Erina, with her just focusing completely on high-end/gourmet foods but still encompassing a vast number of 'specialties' as well.
    Last edited by KrimzonStriker; October 29, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Covers's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Alice and Erina are the funniest pair in the story, Alice always hit Erina's Achilles' heel. Both are top in either coooking and beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
    How is that a specialty? That's so broad and can cover so many different fields its like throwing a pebble into a cooking ocean. Masses of what, french people, italian, Japanese, Chinese, meat eaters, or vegetarians? His restaurant's slogan is being able to serve whatever the customer wants. And he's not unwilling to use high-end ingredients when he thinks the situation calls for it like during his competition with Nikumi when he emptied out his account to try to buy better ingredients (and couldn't cause his dad's a cheap-skate) or gladly accepted Nikumi's offer of being supplied high-quality chicken meat during his attempt to revitalize the shopping district (and found out her idea of a discount was way outside his budget) or used a high-end ingredient like tail meat in his last match. He's got an entire field of study he dominates basically compared to the single class course of others, like if I was to say he was good in math, well math covers a lot of things from algebra to calculus, so he's basically good in ALL those subjects whereas others are only good in one. In some ways its comparable to Erina, with her just focusing completely on high-end/gourmet foods but still encompassing a vast number of 'specialties' as well.
    Aromatic and Sea Food are also a sea of possibilities, from different countries and tastes. I think you are treating Hayama and Kurokiba specialties as something narrow when it is not true.
    Hayama dishes are known by their aromas, but it doesn't mean he neglects the other aspects as well as Kurokiba sea foods with strong flavor, at least any judge said it to them.
    Last edited by Leoat12; Yesterday at 05:48 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Now he is serious

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leoat12 View Post
    Aromatic and Sea Food are also a sea of possibilities, from different countries and tastes. I think you are treating Hayama and Kurokiba specialties as something narrow when it is not true.
    Hayama dishes are known by their aromas, but it doesn't mean he neglects the other aspects as well as Kurokiba sea foods with strong flavor, at least any judge said it to them.
    I treat them as narrow because of their mindset and personalities, not necessarily because of their specific cooking styles and I'm not blind to the flexibility of those cooking styles either though Souma's still more flexible overall so the comparison of a field of study and a specific course still stands (there are a lot of aspects to a course as well after-all, going back to my math example algebra has things like probability or substitution). But what really boxes them both in is there thinking, at what point is using too strong a flavor going to backfire during some specific theme in Kurokiba's case? Kurokiba isn't all that different in thinking to Nikumi back during her first match with Souma, when her use of strong flavored ingredients ended up upsetting the balance of the theme of bowl dishes. Once it was pointed out to him Souma managed to adapt from a light flavor food for the masses mindset regarding his beef stew for a stronger flavored gourmet styled dish even while retaining the core aspect of a dish with mass appeal, yet could Kurokiba do the same or is he as I think too stubborn in trying to power through everything to pull his punches even when the situation calls for a subtler approach? We'll see soon enough.

As for Hayama, I'm just going based off what I've observed of him. None of his dishes if you noticed are all that unconventional or unheard of. A pot pie soup, a kofta burger, or a caramelized duck are all standard dishes really, what makes them different from anyone elses is once again his adjustments of the spices and flavor accents, his preparation of the main ingredients aside from that are all straight-forward text-book methods to cook those dishes. So yes, while he is knowledgeable he does still rely too much on aroma and his use of spices to make up any difference in flavor combinations and really doesn't think all that outside of the box. It's not an omelette curry risotto I can tell you that much.
    Last edited by KrimzonStriker; Yesterday at 09:46 AM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they are going to do the necessary to win using their own methods. As for your example of Math, all fields of study are sub-areas of study, I didn't understand the comparison...
    If their specialty are narrow, which I doubt, this narrowness will not appear in this match certainly, the theme was put to work well with all specialties. What you said about Hayama is particularly interesting because who is judging the dishes are alumins or high class people from culinary world, anything made by a first year is new for them since the beginning. The students watching the match always find awesome and unbelievable all the dishes though. Anything is new, but Hayama uses his skills to give a step further.

Well, let's see what will happen in the story, we will only discuss in circles with no base.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And I think they're too stubborn/arrogant and convinced of their own methods to ever make any real changes if the situation calls for it like Nikumi or Alice or Subaru before them. What's not to understand in terms of comparison? If I said Souma was good in Math I mean he's generally good in all sub-areas of of that study, if I said Kurokiba was good at geometry and Hayama was good at calculus they're good in one aspect of math, those aspects may have many variables to them but its still only one subject compared to the entire field of mathematics. Einstein was the greatest physicist in the world and he failed algebra for pete's sake.
    You're confusing cooking styles again with mindset, yes if they really thought about it they probably could adjust their specialties to fit around each aspect of the reported theme for the final match, but I don't think they will, I think they (as in Hayama and Ryo) will focus on what they do best too much and pay too little attention to the other aspects of the theme. They're also all Japanese and that might be just me pointing it out there but coming across a Middle eastern/Indian burger isn't very common for them most of the time. I can get a kofta pita burger right now here in NY. His pot pie soup only caught them off guard because they didn't notice the preparation for it but as Marui noted the concept itself isn't unknown. They certainly didn't say/were surprised at any of the ingredients used in his duck dish, only at how well it was done given his use of spices to adjust everything once again, nothing about the dish or the main ingredients themselves. The only thing that consistently surprises them is once again his use of aroma which I just said is what he relies upon to make his dishes distinct, which I find he can do to a fault as this latest tie showed. As I said before it's not like he's made a curry omelette risotto or anything. But as you said we'll see.
    Last edited by KrimzonStriker; Yesterday at 10:19 AM.

New Reply