Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Shokugeki no Souma Hangout Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shokugeki no Souma Hangout Thread

Does anyone remember the Yakitate Japan!! anime adaption? I think it was by Sunrise and they did a really good job adapting it into a long-running series. Even more impressive is that they made it fit a younger demographic without censoring it too much (there was some innuendo that didn't get translated over). So I wouldn't rule out Soma being a long-running series and not just 2 cour.

Also...it depends how the anime want to market the manga. It can definitely be educational, and they could do some filler episodes exploring a certain food ingredient or something. I dunno, it was just a thought.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yakitate Japan was made by Sunrise, I saw at MAL, but I never watched it. I can't give my opinion.
    Shokugeki no Soma is a Battle Shonen just like Bakuman, unorthodox. Shokugeki no Soma doesn't have ecchi in a level that cause censorship depending on the schedule. Personally, censorship would ruin the anime as well as make him educational. It is not education IMO and turn it something it wasn't would ruin it as well.
    As faithful as possible is my concept of anime.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm I'd definitely recommend watching Yakitate Japan!! sometime. Or read the manga. It definitely explores similar themes of Shokugeki no Soma. Both are unusual battle manga in my opinion. The censorship on YJ wasn't as extreme as you are thinking -- it didn't have nearly the level of fanservice that Soma has. But I felt it made a good anime for younger kids while the manga was more for teens. *shrug*

Anyway, what kind of food battles would you like to see next? I think they are lacking on pastry making and desserts. Pastries are notoriously hard to get right because you have to keep the temperature of the dough cold. Desserts in general, would be a good switch up from all the savoury main courses we've seen so far.

New Reply
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22