Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 128

Thread: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

  1. #91
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    "Because of plot..." Is the same as saying a gun shoots bullets because its loaded.

    I mean, the plot is the story. Its Mashima's story. This isn't some recollection of past events. So if Mashima says Natsu trumps everyone with bro-fist attack he will do so and its canon. There are plot elements I dislike in some mangas. IE Kubo (Bleach) finds it necissary to troll everything and take 10 years to explain even the smallest details. But I can't complain about the aspect of this manga that makes FT win all the time. Mashima has established feelings as truly the most powerful form of magic, and FT has no shortage of it.

    If I were to complain about anything its how Natsu always manages to get power ups at the exact right time. But then again its a manga rule, especially in shonens, that reality is like an RPG. As you level up so does your opponent. When if you take this realistically Natsu would have run into someone who could have killed him instantly long ago - but they're always not quite enough. :P I would say my point is best illustrated in DBZ with power levels.
    Hey, I'm not complaining, just saying.

    I like FT, and I get my kicks out of seeing them beating the crap out of people. And if there's a fight, I'll put my money on FT rather than any Wizard Saint 10 times out of 10. Because it really doesn't matter how strong Mashima says they are, in the end, Fairy Tail wins. Otherwise this manga would be called Oracion Seis, Grimoire Heart, Phantom Lord, or something.

  2. #92
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    I liked Jura since he was first introduced, but Juras only advantage over Laxus is his intelligence.

    When you talk about strength Laxus is as good as Jura or ever more. His power was recognized by some1 like Makarov in the early chapters, there is no doubt that if some1 will put a good fight or even make it through here against Jura it's Laxus

    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7223-...apter-108.html


    and on a scale of 1 to 10 Jura is the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints, weaker than Jose which got 1 hit KO'ed by a skill Laxus also can use. Will be useless in a friendly fight, but if some1 can cast a skill this big, and use a skill with the range of Hall of Thunder and still go 2 on 1 fight with Gajeel n Natsu and give em a hard time.

    Yes he is waaaaay stronger in strength than Jura
    Last edited by Ifrit; December 14, 2012 at 04:00 AM.
    Dreyar Style

  3. #93
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    I liked this chapter I was kinda happy with the whole Erza.vs.Kagura.vs.Minerva, I wanted to see a Erza.vs.Kagura as well as a Erza.vs.Minerva so I sort of got my wish, right?? But because he is doing a threesome... :L (Seriously, couldn't come up with a better name??) I hope some thing like this'll happen; Erza and Kagura team up and kick Minerva's ass and then they'll fight but then it'll end up a tie due to exhaustion, I reckon that'll be good. ^_^
    Though I bet you for the next chapter it will be focused on the fight or another one will be brought in and we wont find out who that hooded figure is. I want to know who she is but Mashima might skip that scene and wait probably another five or so chapters later. -.-' I hope he doesn't, but I bet we wont find out who she is in the next chapter.

  4. #94
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,015
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    I liked Jura since he was first introduced, but Juras only advantage over Laxus is his intelligence.

    When you talk about strength Laxus is as good as Jura or ever more. His power was recognized by some1 like Makarov in the early chapters, there is no doubt that if some1 will put a good fight or even make it through here against Jura it's Laxus

    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7223-...apter-108.html


    and on a scale of 1 to 10 Jura is the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints, weaker than Jose which got 1 hit KO'ed by a skill Laxus also can use. Will be useless in a friendly fight, but if some1 can cast a skill this big, and use a skill with the range of Hall of Thunder and still go 2 on 1 fight with Gajeel n Natsu and give em a hard time.

    Yes he is waaaaay stronger in strength than Jura
    Not convinced of that yet. Have we really seen Jura in a serious fight yet? Fairy Justice is useless against people you consider friendly. And hall of thunder took a lot of preparation, it wasn't just some spell.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

  5. #95
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Not convinced of that yet. Have we really seen Jura in a serious fight yet? Fairy Justice is useless against people you consider friendly. And hall of thunder took a lot of preparation, it wasn't just some spell.
    What ???????????

    No, that was Freed rune magics. Laxus activated hall of thunder the second the hostages was free, so where did you get it from it took a lot of time ???

    and what more of a serious fight you need more, than Jura kicking Brain ass without breaking a sweat ?
    Dreyar Style

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #96
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    What ???????????

    No, that was Freed rune magics. Laxus activated hall of thunder the second the hostages was free, so where did you get it from it took a lot of time ???

    and what more of a serious fight you need more, than Jura kicking Brain ass without breaking a sweat ?
    I don't see Laxus (who is my favorite character) being WAAAAAY stronger than Jura. I consider them equals (maybe Jura slightly stronger), because if you look at the facts. Jura is considered more powerful than Laxus by Mavis, and even Laxus himself said that Jellal was unlucky to get stuck fighting Jura.

  8. #97
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    Laxus activated hall of thunder the second the hostages was free, so where did you get it from it took a lot of time ???
    Unless Laxus has "Lacrima Make" as a "miscellaneous magic", he has to have purchased the lacrima he used for it beforehand. And unless he's an idiot, they'll be able to keep floating by themselves, and he'll have charged them well beforehand. Thus when it comes time to use it, he just had to haul it out of whatever storage he had it in and arm it.

    So in other words, it's not the sort of thing he can use without prior preparation, and there's no guarantee he (at least at the time he used it) can charge it on the fly and still have power to fight.

  9. #98
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Krono View Post
    Unless Laxus has "Lacrima Make" as a "miscellaneous magic", he has to have purchased the lacrima he used for it beforehand. And unless he's an idiot, they'll be able to keep floating by themselves, and he'll have charged them well beforehand. Thus when it comes time to use it, he just had to haul it out of whatever storage he had it in and arm it.

    So in other words, it's not the sort of thing he can use without prior preparation, and there's no guarantee he (at least at the time he used it) can charge it on the fly and still have power to fight.
    meh, don't just assume stuff. All I said was simply shown in Manga, if you wanna assume this n that each one can have his own scenario. Go back read the chapters where Laxus was watching the count down, because in his heart he want to stop it before it triggers. Does it sounds like something he bought, your theory is very funny since its a Thunder skill, and that is Laxus element.

    Those floating things were living lachrima if I recall right, and he already has a Lachrima inside of him. I don't think he bought anything here.

    Regarding what Mavis thinks....mmm...well...so ? Who elected her Mrs. I know everything ?

    She thought Gray would have no chance against Rufu, and holy Crap Rufu didn't last half a chapter with Gray. And Gray won fair n square without any emotions crap like she said, he simply used his head.

    His fight will probably be much better than the coming Erza fight, because all I can think of is Minereva n Kagura to be trolled like Azuma.
    Last edited by Ifrit; December 14, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Dreyar Style

  10. #99
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,015
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    What ???????????

    No, that was Freed rune magics. Laxus activated hall of thunder the second the hostages was free, so where did you get it from it took a lot of time ???

    and what more of a serious fight you need more, than Jura kicking Brain ass without breaking a sweat ?
    As I understood it was simply hundreds of lightning lachrima. My point is he can't just pull it out of his ass.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

  11. #100
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,228
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Just thought I'd note this...but, the King of Fiore sound just like Mato (Pumpkin dude) in the anime. So they maybe the same after all ?

  12. #101
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    meh, don't just assume stuff. All I said was simply shown in Manga, if you wanna assume this n that each one can have his own scenario. Go back read the chapters where Laxus was watching the count down, because in his heart he want to stop it before it triggers. Does it sounds like something he bought, your theory is very funny since its a Thunder skill, and that is Laxus element.

    Those floating things were living lachrima if I recall right, and he already has a Lachrima inside of him. I don't think he bought anything here.
    You don't recall right. Lacrima is just crystal that stores magic. It's no more alive than the Lacrima bombs mentioned here. Or the lacrima that Jellal made the Tower of Paradise out of, or the core of the Jupiter cannon for that matter. Where you're getting the "living" part is that it had living link magic cast onto it to reflect damage on to it's attacker.

    The crystals themselves were non-living physical objects, much like Erza's armor. As such they'll either have to be made or bought beforehand like Erza's armor, or made on the spot with the appropriate Maker magic like Ice Make or Wood make. Since he has to buy the lacrima to store his magic for the spell, he'd be foolish not to buy ones that can levitate on their own with only placement needed on his part. Since he was attempt to conserve magic for a possible confrontation with Makarov, and intended to use the Thunder Palace as a back up, it would be stupid of him not to charge the lacrima ahead of time.

    All the power stored in the lacrima still comes from him, it's just a spell that requires gathering material ahead of time, and for maximum effect is charged ahead of time.

  13. #102
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    America
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    The only special thing about the lacrima from the hall of thunder was the feedback spell placed on them that damaged whoever destroyed one.

  14. #103
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    And that they were 400 floating lacrima charged with lightning. That's also a bit special.
    Last edited by Morlun; December 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Troll

  15. #104
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ifrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    And that they were 100 floating lacrima charged with lightning. That's also a bit special.
    mmm, 100 ? I don't think so. I believe Erza by her self took 200 at once.
    Dreyar Style

  16. #105
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Edelheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    ...
    and on a scale of 1 to 10 Jura is the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints, weaker than Jose
    ...
    One of Jura's powers is modesty. I'm sure he used that ability when he talked about being "the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints" =)

New Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts