Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 311 Discussion / 312 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrit View Post
    mmm, 100 ? I don't think so. I believe Erza by her self took 200 at once.
    Yeah, 400, that's what I said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    One of Jura's powers is modesty. I'm sure he used that ability when he talked about being "the weakest of the 10 Wizard Saints" =)
    He is very humble, however, there is no doubt he is weaker than Jose. The clash between Jose and Makarov almost caused a disaster, while Jura and Jellal's battle
    I don't see him being humble when he said that, as he is clearly weaker than the rest.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Edelheld's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    He is very humble, however, there is no doubt he is weaker than Jose. The clash between Jose and Makarov almost caused a disaster, while Jura and Jellal's battle
    I don't see him being humble when he said that, as he is clearly weaker than the rest.
    Jose/Makarov battle was for real. Jura/Gerrard fought for sport. And if Gerrard would've finished his casting - what cataclysm would've he caused? And what Jura would've done to defend from it? =)
    So, Jose's domination over Jura is not so obvious to me. Thus, Laxus' total domination over Jura is doubtful too. Fights between 2 strong mages are hard to predict. Gerrard was one of the main baddies and one of the strongest 10WS, Jura claimed himself to be the weakest - was it obvious that Gerrard would curbstomp Jura?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What disaster? I just remember Makarov easily owning Jose with Fairy Law. To say Jura is weaker than the other WS is a lot of speculation, since we've only seen 4 of them(Makarov, Jose, Jellal, and Jura). Jose wasn't portrayed as being very strong. Erza was able to at least hold her own for a while against him, even after taking a lot of damage. Since Erza was acknowledged as having the strength to be a WS pre-timeskip, and she's definitely weaker than Jura, it's entirely possible that there are several WS weaker than Jura.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Edelheld View Post
    Jose/Makarov battle was for real. Jura/Gerrard fought for sport. And if Gerrard would've finished his casting - what cataclysm would've he caused? And what Jura would've done to defend from it? =)
    So, Jose's domination over Jura is not so obvious to me. Thus, Laxus' total domination over Jura is doubtful too. Fights between 2 strong mages are hard to predict. Gerrard was one of the main baddies and one of the strongest 10WS, Jura claimed himself to be the weakest - was it obvious that Gerrard would curbstomp Jura?
    We can't say for sure what would have happened had Jellal proceeded with the Spell. And for sports ? Really ? The GMG is anything but sport. Jose fought equally with Makarov and even the latter acknowledged his power. Makarov then just had to use FL which is impossible to survive if you're an enemy of the Guild. I'd imagine Wendy is able to beat Jura if she can use FL.

And while Jura's Magical Power impressed Gray. Jose's Magical Power not only suffocated Gray and Elfman but, Two other S-class Mages. Perhaps he was humble by stating he is weaker than Jellal but, Jose and Makarov ? Nope. They are on completely different level.

...........................................................................................

Quote Quote:
    What disaster? I just remember Makarov easily owning Jose with Fairy Law. To say Jura is weaker than the other WS is a lot of speculation, since we've only seen 4 of them(Makarov, Jose, Jellal, and Jura). Jose wasn't portrayed as being very strong. Erza was able to at least hold her own for a while against him, even after taking a lot of damage. Since Erza was acknowledged as having the strength to be a WS pre-timeskip, and she's definitely weaker than Jura, it's entirely possible that there are several WS weaker than Jura.
    Is that enough of a disaster for you ? Or that ?

Jose was clearly on even ground with Makarov and was even holding back ! Though, when he finally went full power he got Fairy Law'd.

But still, even Hades who was like... a zillion time stronger than Makarov, feared FL and found no way to counter it except by forcing Makarov to stop it.

Erza ? You do realize he could've killed her any second right ? He just didn't feel like it and instead played around with her until daddy came.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd imagine Wendy is able to beat Jura if she can use FL.
    Not necessarily. Like Cana with Fairy Glitter couldn't defeat Bluenote. Power must be related somehow too.

Also, Fairy Law destroys enemies, so I doubt any Fairy Tail mage could use it do defeat Jura.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    Not necessarily. Like Cana with Fairy Glitter couldn't defeat Bluenote. Power must be related somehow too.

Also, Fairy Law destroys enemies, so I doubt any Fairy Tail mage could use it do defeat Jura.
    I was saying that as an example.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. But still, I'd reckon Wendy would need to have power somewhere close to Jura's level for a Fairy Law to work.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He is very humble, however, there is no doubt he is weaker than Jose. The clash between Jose and Makarov almost caused a disaster
    No it didn't. That was Jose using hyperbole before the fight.
    It never even got close to causing a real disaster. He never stood a chance against Makarov. Jose even thought that Erza might have been a match for him at that time, if she hadn't been through so much already. That should say a lot really.

Quote Quote:
    while Jura and Jellal's battle
    While what? They were fighting for different reasons for one, and neither of them got to launch huge spells.

Still, You can see the same "disaster" from Makarov VS jose IS about to occur when Jellal is casting star destruction, here.
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/274/17

Which is the same effect you got when makarov fought Jose here.
    http://www.mangareader.net/135-7180-...hapter-65.html

Unless you mean something else by "disaster". And it hardly seems like a disaster to me.

So I don't see your point.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    No it didn't. That was Jose using hyperbole before the fight.
    It never even got close to causing a real disaster. He never stood a chance against Makarov. Jose even thought that Erza might have been a match for him at that time, if she hadn't been through so much already. That should say a lot really.
    I'm sorry, what ? Hyperbole ?

How can it be hyperbole when we saw the surrounding completely destroyed, FT members flying, the earth shaking and the sea raging just from the clash of their simplest Spells ?

Quote Quote:
    while what? They were fighting for different reasons for one, and neither of them got to launch huge spells.
    Come again ?

How does their reason matter ? More importantly, Jellal had the strongest reason to fight he ever had. I failed to see your point with the whole "reason" thing.

Neither launched a huge spell ?

Grand Chariot which has the power of a real meteor or so he said.

It's probably the second strongest spell he has and was countered by a mountain that doesn't look like one at all.

That's about the best those two can do and all it did was send some winds in the stadium. Where did this whole notion of them not "launching any huge spells" come from ? They were clearly going all out.

Quote Quote:
    Still, You can see the same "disaster" from Makarov VS jose IS about to occur when Jellal is casting star destruction, here.
    http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/274/17
    Yes but, is there an earthquake ? Are people flying ? Are seas raging ? Did that mountain get destroyed ? Didn't think so.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; December 17, 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry, what ? Hyperbole ?

How can it be hyperbole when we saw the surrounding completely destroyed, FT members flying, the earth shaking and the sea raging just from the clash of their simplest Spells ?
    The surroundings were already destroyed before they started fighting. It had nothing to do with Makarov/Jose fighting. Besides that, Natsus fights, even early on, caused more collateral damage than Makarov/Jose fighting did. So clearly that isn't a good measure of power.

Quote Quote:
    Come again ?

How does their reason matter ?
    ... Have you read any of Fairy tail? A persons strength depends ENTIRELY on the reason they are fighting.

Quote Quote:
    More importantly, Jellal had the strongest reason to fight he ever had. I failed to see your point with the whole "reason" thing.
    Nope.

[quote]
    Neither launched a huge spell ?

Grand Chariot which has the power of a real meteor or so he said.

It's probably the second strongest spell he has and was countered by a mountain that doesn't look like one at all.

"probably" means nothing. Prove it. And Juras Rock Mountain was put up to use as a defense against Jellals Grand Chariot. Not an attack. Why would a defensive spell cause earthquakes anyway? And why would an attacking spell deliberately waste a large amount of energy attacking the earth and not it's target?

Quote Quote:
    That's about the best those two can do and all it did was send some winds in the stadium.
    You have no reason to think that is the best Jura can do, and clearly the people were much further away in this case than they were in the Phantom lord arc. Natsu and Co, the ONLY people who got knocked back by the wave, had only left the room where MAkarov and Jose started fighting moments before they did.

Quote Quote:
    Yes but, is there an earthquake ? Are people flying ? Are seas raging ? Did that mountain get destroyed ? Didn't think so.
    What Mountain? what seas? No mountain was destroyed by Makarovs attack before, all the damage was done before by Joses moving guild and jupiter cannon, not the two wizard saints fighting.

And why does "raging seas" count as a show of power, and not wind?
    Last edited by ghostexiled; December 17, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The surroundings were already destroyed before they started fighting. It had nothing to do with Makarov/Jose fighting. Besides that, Natsus fights, even early on, caused more collateral damage than Makarov/Jose fighting did. So clearly that isn't a good measure of power.
    By surrounding i mean environment.

Instead of telling me this, bring me an actual page of a fight that caused the earth to shake, created small Tsunamis, causing weather disasters.

Quote Quote:
    Nope.
    You can keep your "Nope" if you don't have a proof to support it, this is not a matter of opinion.

Quote Quote:
    "probably" means nothing. Prove it.
    Sure... it's the second most powerful spell he showed. Prove otherwise.

Quote Quote:
    And Juras Rock Mountain was put up to use as a defense against Jellals Grand Chariot. Not an attack. Why would a defensive spell cause earthquakes anyway?
    Because Makarov's defensive spell caused this !

Quote Quote:
    What Mountain? what seas? No mountain was destroyed by Makarovs attack before, all the damage was done before by Joses moving guild and jupiter cannon, not the two wizard saints fighting.

I was talking about the mountain the GMG were held on.
    Quote Quote:
    what seas?
    These seas ! Don't you see them just doing what seas do when there is a disaster ?

Quote Quote:
    I can send a gust of wind by waving a big fan... can i create a Tsunami by waving the same fan ? The point is, you can't make raging seas without creating storms.

Did the clash between Jellal's second most destructive spell and Jura's most powerful defensive spell cause storms, Tsunamis, shake the earth and have random lightning appear ? The answer is no.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; December 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this argument should get moved to the strongest mages discussion? It doesn't have much to do with the current chapter anymore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Laxus beats Jura I will flip a table. Kagura is doomed, at least let one mage whose supposed to be strong not get trolled in this tournament. Mashima's statement about Bacchus is the only time I think an author was actually lying to his readers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    If Laxus beats Jura I will flip a table. Kagura is doomed, at least let one mage whose supposed to be strong not get trolled in this tournament. Mashima's statement about Bacchus is the only time I think an author was actually lying to his readers.

Well, get ready to flip the table soon. Ft always wins, it's illogical for them to lose.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

New Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast