Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Manga/Comic publishing platform

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga/Comic publishing platform

Hi Guys,
    My name is James and I am a web/mobile developer. I have some free time on my hands and I wanted to ask you guys something: What do you guys think about a digital publishing platform for amateur writers (well, anyone is welcome, not necessarily amateurs)? In other words, you guys write content and the platform will handle publishing to iPhone/iPad/Android/Web and the authors takes a cut from sales.

Think of it as an app-store (like iTunes or Google Play) for Mangas, instead of apps. Anyone can create content and put it out there - I am sure you guys have tons of content lying around and imagine putting it out there...who knows? maybe it can gain traction?

I would love to know this is something really needed in the amateur community and what are your general thoughts on it. Also, if anyone out there would like to help me out building it (from a non-technical perspective), please do let me know.

James

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga/Comic publishing platform

This is a nice idea and for the longest time I thought of doing it, and I thought it could be a manga magazine ran through the Internet and it would be released weekly, with the series being bi weekly or monthly, so every week it would have different series. The idea was that the creators' schedules could be less chaotic than professional manga artists, and the readers would still get weekly content.

Anyway, as it turns out, it's not the EXACT same thing as your idea and it's not the EXACT same thing as my idea but this HAS been done. (personally, compared to my idea, it is much less organized and much more community based, which is great)

The site is http://mangamagazine.net

You might want to make whatever you're making anyway, but be aware that most people involved in the community would already know mangamagazine, so the demand for your service might not be very high (and the community is already really really small anyway, so that's not good.)

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga/Comic publishing platform

Oh, that's a really cool idea. I saw some ideas about a place for amateurs to publish their mangas in the internet, but adding mobiles to that is something new to me. Totally fit the times we're living. I would only recommend that you think about a way of selecting the materials, somehow. 'Cause some people might not have the consistency to be publishing something periodically (unless people will be offering short stories/one shots often).

Deviant Art is also a great place to locate amateur/independent manga artist/writes, but, dude, blade, that community you showed is just awesome! xD Thanks for sharing.

New Reply