Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Ganju a Fullbringer?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Ganju a Fullbringer?

After seeing Ganju shiba with the fullbringers at the end of the chapter,
    It occured to me that he might fulfill the requirements to have fullbringer powers himself.

If his mother had been attacked while pregnant then boom, he could have fullbringer powers.
    Now that he has the other fullbringers, I see no major problems with ginju and gang training ganjou in the ways of fullbring.

In fact- his fullbring could be awesome-

Lending further evidence that he might be a fullbringer- during the SS rescue arc he was overweight- Ginju said during the Fullbring arc that using fullbring requires intense physical training and had ichigo working out alot- 1500 pushups I believe it was-
    So if ganju is training with ginju- Id bet teh training methods are similar- thus he lost weight and looks uber ripped up-

also, since the other fullbringers are in SS- and tsukishima was shown with his sword- it stands to reason that the fullbring actually works in SS.

So- what is ganjous fullbring item? I am thinking it might be his boar- bonne chan.
    or possibly if a living object cannot be the item- then maybe a token from kaien?
    Last edited by DarkBankai; December 14, 2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ganjou is actually a fullbringer.

I'm willing to believe more that Ganju is a SR than that he's got shinigami power now. He seemed hopeless in every aspect (except running, that was about average), so he needs a new one that he's not hopeless in.
    But I don't think a fullbring item can be alive. How do you transform it, then (if it doesn't die in the process)? Imagine the poor Bonne-chan changing shape and scared shitless of WTF's going on! Nah, that's not a good idea.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You didn't mention his ability to control sand?
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh... I wasn't talking literally, if you didn't notice. Yeah, Ganju survived against Yumichika, and it was mainly due to his ability to control sand, (sort of) clever use of fireworks and some brains, so he did have something packing before, but compared to many chars, he was a total fodder. And I just can't help but compare his to Kaien's shinigami talent (and Ichigo's, if the Shibas and Kurosakis are really related).
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess to be a FB you have to be human whose mother was attacked by hollows...ganju already is a spirit...reagrding physical training of FB's it was stamina that they needed to fight...this easily changes to reiatsu when you are a spirit...imo ganju powers are more of kido types or can be legacy of shiba clan...maybe the finger flick isshin did against aizen could be one of shiba clan trademark moves...

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

so what if he is already a spirit?- When he was in the human world before that he could have been in the womb and his mother attacked- he is just learning his fullbring and activating it in SS- I dont see a problem with that.

also im thinking that he might use fireworks as his item.
    And he does have spirit power- not enough to be full shinigami with zanpaktou- but enough to do magic, and I think if this chapter is any indication --- AWAKEN his fullbring potential like chad did, and ichigo did.

Nowhere does it say that you have to be shinigami to have fullbring- its a separate power- chad has fullbring and is not shinigami.
    Last edited by DarkBankai; December 14, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So controlling sand, something nobody else but the Fullbringers can do, is not considered Fullbring?
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than Fullbring(he was not really controlling sand,but using a certain movement of his hand he could turn walls and stuff like that in sand),Ganju's use of sand seemed more like a form of Kidou to me.He used a hand gesture to turn something into sand.He was not controlling it,otherwise he'd have used the sand just like Gaara in Naruto use it.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    so what if he is already a spirit?- When he was in the human world before that he could have been in the womb and his mother attacked- he is just learning his fullbring and activating it in SS- I dont see a problem with that.

also im thinking that he might use fireworks as his item.
    And he does have spirit power- not enough to be full shinigami with zanpaktou- but enough to do magic, and I think if this chapter is any indication --- AWAKEN his fullbring potential like chad did, and ichigo did.

Nowhere does it say that you have to be shinigami to have fullbring- its a separate power- chad has fullbring and is not shinigami.
    just like godzax said...ganju does hand movements for his techniques so its less likely that it is a FB tech and more of a kido...im expecting those tricks to be shiba clan's lineage...isshin showed similar hand movements against aizen and he also belongs to shiba clan (almost proven)

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    So controlling sand, something nobody else but the Fullbringers can do, is not considered Fullbring?
    FB do not need hand gestures to control the soul of the objects... they just interact with souls of object and use them according to their advantage...none of the FB has ever been shown to make hand signs before they use any tech...
    Last edited by dex; November 29, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    just like godzax said...ganju does hand movements for his techniques so its less likely that it is a FB tech and more of a kido...im expecting those tricks to be shiba clan's lineage...isshin showed similar hand movements against aizen and he also belongs to shiba clan (almost proven)...

Im not saying his sand manipulation is Fullbring- Im suggesting we have not seen his fullbring at all-but that he is likely a fullbringer who is training with ginjou.
    His sand seems closer to demon magic to me and kidu, than fullbring. since he has a level of spirit power higher than normal souls it stands to reason that in bleachverse he could in time learn limited magics.
    just like godzax
    FB do not need hand gestures to control the soul of the objects... they just interact with souls of object and use them according to their advantage...none of the FB has ever been shown to make hand signs before they use any tech...
    Again- the sand is not the fullbring. I dont think we have seen his fullbring yet. I just think its likely he discovered he is one after the fullbringer arc.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    Im not saying his sand manipulation is Fullbring- Im suggesting we have not seen his fullbring at all-but that he is likely a fullbringer who is training with ginjou.
    His sand seems closer to demon magic to me and kidu, than fullbring. since he has a level of spirit power higher than normal souls it stands to reason that in bleachverse he could in time learn limited magics.

Again- the sand is not the fullbring. I dont think we have seen his fullbring yet. I just think its likely he discovered he is one after the fullbringer arc.
    that could be possible but imo fullbring is a low level hollow ability or an intermediate state which can evolve further into demon arts when user turns to soul...im expecting more of ginjo and others shift to ganju type abilities (demon magic or kido) rather than ganju getting a FB...just a speculation though

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

that could be possible but imo fullbring is a low level hollow ability or an intermediate state which can evolve further into demon arts when user turns to soul...im expecting more of ginjo and others shift to ganju type abilities (demon magic or kido) rather than ganju getting a FB...just a speculation though
    That is an interesting point- The other fullbringers learning kidu or demon magic to use with their fullbrings.

I agree- Fullbring by itself is relatively low level without tons of training. Chad has been getting slowly stronger throughout the series and STILL does not have a full suit of the devil... just the arms.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

this is likely why they were not shown during the invasion- What were they doing? training?

we might get a flashback after ganjou reveals that he is a fullbringer-- i hope.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems you guys have a deep misunderstanding about nobles (yes nobles)
    Nobles are born and raised in SS, they're not humans who are adopted by the said family (example : Byakuya is indeed Ginrei's grandson, he's his own blood and flesh, Byakuya's father is indeed Ginrei's son, not adopted or anything like that, meaning he's pure blooded, unlike Rukia who was adopted which caused a big ruckus, same for Yoruichi and Kukakuu, Ganju and Kaien)

People can give birth to their offsprings in SS in other words

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It seems you guys have a deep misunderstanding about nobles (yes nobles)
    Nobles are born and raised in SS, they're not humans who are adopted by the said family (example : Byakuya is indeed Ginrei's grandson, he's his own blood and flesh, Byakuya's father is indeed Ginrei's son, not adopted or anything like that, meaning he's pure blooded, unlike Rukia who was adopted which caused a big ruckus, same for Yoruichi and Kukakuu, Ganju and Kaien)

People can give birth to their offsprings in SS in other words
    I am glad you pointed that out!- and since people from SS can travel to Hueco mundo - and people in hueco mundo can get attacked by hollows, (even if they are with a bun in the oven) then his mother could have been attacked by a hollow thus completing the criteria for fullbringerness.

and after ginju shows up- he learns he can fullbring and joins up with ginju. or something along those lines!

thanks!!
    Last edited by DarkBankai; December 14, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can already tell that this teaming up of Ganju and Ginjo is going to lead to lots of confusion concerning their names.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast