Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: who will be the final antagonist in Bleachverse ?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Juha Bach

7 14.89%
  • aizen

2 4.26%
  • Soul King

17 36.17%
  • urahara

11 23.40%
  • someone else

10 21.28%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Final antagonist in Bleachverse ??

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: final antagonist in Bleachverse ??

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Sorry for interference
    Open discussion...the more the merrier

There is one thing I have asked in the past and didn't come up with any proper answer.
    Urahara and Tessai were captains. Yoruichi, who helped them escape, was a captain from a noble clan, too.
    Now, I'm not saying they would necessarily believe every words a captain speaks, but if I was a captain within SS, and heard this story about Aizen, I would definitely keep an eye on that guy. Really, that wouldn't hurt to be cautious.
    But instead, when Aizen reveals his true identity, everybody is so shocked. "Oh no! How can this be possible?!!"
    Give me a break, fellow captains! This story had already begun 110 years ago and apparently, all of you paid zero attention to it.
    In the TBTP arc Shunsui was already suspicious of Aizen, but in the end he too was fooled by kyouka suigetsu (an Aizen impostor). You have to remember that Urahara was relatively new as a captain and maybe that called his credibility to question...on the other hand Aizen had mastered the good guy act to the point of being considered one of the most gentle and caring people in SS...IMO it wasn't really the captains fault as much as it was an Oscar-worthy performance from Aizen

And about argument six;
    Why did Urahara opt to do so? He could have kept the thing in his possession rather than make it open by hiding it somewhere else.
    Not that I'm saying he's the mastermind, but then again, I just can't see it as the best possible move available, very unlike Urahara.
    Indeed. However people like Urahara are very keen to anticipate the goings on around them. Maybe Urahara sensed that Aizen was making his move and anticipated his play for the hogyouku and decided to hide it...I don't have the exact link but Aizen on Sokyouku hill when explaining to Ichigo said that had the gigai turned Rukia fully human there would have been no way to reclaim the hogyouku and that was Urahara's intention
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    In the TBTP arc Shunsui was already suspicious of Aizen, but in the end he too was fooled by kyouka suigetsu (an Aizen impostor). You have to remember that Urahara was relatively new as a captain and maybe that called his credibility to question...on the other hand Aizen had mastered the good guy act to the point of being considered one of the most gentle and caring people in SS...IMO it wasn't really the captains fault as much as it was an Oscar-worthy performance from Aizen
    I really appreciate Aizen's disguise. It's just that if a captain, Urahara, had to name one to blame for what he is accused for, would he really pick a vice-captain? Basically, what Urahara says is here: "Vice-captain of fifth squad was behind all this. He hollowfied four captains, a bunch of vice-captains, then me and Tessai, two more captains couldn't do a thing to stop him."
    One would think that a person of Urahara's intellect could certainly cover his guilt better than this.
    Let's forget about everyone. But Mayuri? Of all the people, he was to be get tricked by this?
    I have a feeling that Mayuri perhaps had an idea that what Urahara said had a hint of truth, but he kept it to himself, as his opinion wouldn't really change anything at any point.

Indeed. However people like Urahara are very keen to anticipate the goings on around them. Maybe Urahara sensed that Aizen was making his move and anticipated his play for the hogyouku and decided to hide it...I don't have the exact link but Aizen on Sokyouku hill when explaining to Ichigo said that had the gigai turned Rukia fully human there would have been no way to reclaim the hogyouku and that was Urahara's intention
    I agree with what you said here. Urahara most likely had such an idea at the back of his mind and he justified his actions by the same idea.
    Good enough explanation (=

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't take this the wrong way but a lot of what you give as reasons for Urahara being a villain seem really contrived to suit your theory
    not taking it the wrong way...its an open discussion

yes the reasons i have given maybe a bit biased...but then im pulling out something which has not been pointed out directly even once...
    Quote Quote:
    1.Hiding out after being wrongfully convicted by central 46 for Aizen's crimes
    2.Aizen because of his agenda, Urahara because he was a friend of Isshin's
    yes urahara was hiding in the real world for a century...but why in karakura town ?? why near isshin ?? that does point out that maybe his intentions were to stay close to kurosakis...for what ? coz isshin was his friend ? but isshin was not there a century back...so he became friends with isshin after he left SS... this could very well be first part of his plan...getting close to kurosakis...what better way to experiment hougyoku then on a subject which is miracle (shinigami+quincy hybrid ichigo)...depending on urahara's intellect level we can safely assume that he was one step faster than aizen...so he didn't take the first action but let aizen do it to stay in the shadows...

Quote Quote:
    3.Because his actions had put Rukia in danger (he also apologised)
    aplogizing does not say anything about his intentions being good

Quote Quote:
    4.Rukia giving powers to Ichigo was a design of Aizen's who said so himself.it had nothing to do with hogyoku...which was implanted into her after she lost her powers to Ichigo in the gigai urahara gave her
    yes rukia giving powers was aizens plot but why did urahara hid hougyoku in rukia at the same time...i mean he had many gigais before too...jinta and others...if he really wanted hougyoku to disappear he could have done it with someone else and made it disappear...he had a century to do so...but he kept it alive and planted it in rukia...why ? coz he knew that SS will soon capture rukia and ichigo will definitely go save her...and he had idea that aizen was involved in it to some extent...

Quote Quote:
    5. Won't argue with you here but Ichigo's hollowfication struck me as an accident resulting from staying too long in the hole
    that is what we know till now...that incident can very well be twisted at convenience of the plot

Quote Quote:
    6.NO!!! Aizen clearly manipulated the whole thing and said so himself...All Urahara did was try to hide a dangerous object
    yes urahara tried to hide it...but why a century late and why in rukia ? it seems to me that even he wanted the hougyoku to reach soul society ...urahara even left in his research the way to extract hougyoku without killing the person (which aizen found later) ...

the only thing that suspicious here is that why did urahara wait for a century to hide hougyoku...and why did he hide it in rukia who had committed a felony was soon to be captured by soul society...even if it was to protect her by making her a normal human by planting hougyoku in her...but soul society could have found her if they wanted to...urahara is genius...if these simple points escape from his conscious then i consider it fishy...

Sorry for interference, but there is one thing I don't really understand.
    Was Urahara hiding out there in the world? Then, how come Rukia can use him as a shop? Did Rukia violate the rules there? It looked like it was a very casual shopping, though.
    Urahara was exiled, for sure. And he wasn't to be allowed to come to SS by any means. But I really think SS was well aware of what he was doing in the real world and they sort of reached an agreement with him.
    good point there...how come rukia knew about him...

Quote Quote:
    There is one thing I have asked in the past and didn't come up with any proper answer.
    Urahara and Tessai were captains. Yoruichi, who helped them escape, was a captain from a noble clan, too.
    Now, I'm not saying they would necessarily believe every words a captain speaks, but if I was a captain within SS, and heard this story about Aizen, I would definitely keep an eye on that guy. Really, that wouldn't hurt to be cautious.
    But instead, when Aizen reveals his true identity, everybody is so shocked. "Oh no! How can this be possible?!!"
    Give me a break, fellow captains! This story had already begun 110 years ago and apparently, all of you paid zero attention to it.
    if anyone had faint idea about it ti could be senior captains only...

Quote Quote:
    And about argument six;
    Why did Urahara opt to do so? He could have kept the thing in his possession rather than make it open by hiding it somewhere else.
    Not that I'm saying he's the mastermind, but then again, I just can't see it as the best possible move available, very unlike Urahara.
    yes that move is not Urahara like...it looked like more of an act or desperation move...

yes even if someone had faint idea of aizen's intentions (like shinji) nobody would have gotton solid proof...it was indeed an "Oscar worth performance"

Quote Quote:
    that could be possible...but if urahara had an idea of aizen's intentions a century back and he had a solution to destroy the only things which could make his plan succeed...so why wait for a century ? and infuse hougyoku into someone who is in limelight already ...fishy

adding something more to the argument..
    in FKKT arc...only urahara had an idea that what could aizen become if he fuses with the hougyoku...that guy helped soul society with many things that time but didn't forewarned them about this possibility...since aizen was the on to enter battlefield late soul society could very well had set traps or taken some counter measures if they had knows that aizen could reach another level of evolution...whether it would have worked or not is a different story...but atleast they could have tried something different rather then going headon against him and falling...here urahara kept many facts hidden which lead to aizen's plan being successful to certain extent...
    Last edited by dex; December 01, 2012 at 02:51 PM.

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling that Mayuri perhaps had an idea that what Urahara said had a hint of truth, but he kept it to himself, as his opinion wouldn't really change anything at any point.
    (=
    Mayuri is such a jackass.I would not be surprised if he kept anything to himself just so he could take over the squad and perform his nasty experiments....I mean remember at the end of SS arc when 4th squad VC revealed Aizen's betrayal and Mayuri told Nemu that he already knew?

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    yes urahara was hiding in the real world for a century...but why in karakura town ?? why near isshin ?? that does point out that maybe his intentions were to stay close to kurosakis...for what ? coz isshin was his friend ? but isshin was not there a century back...so he became friends with isshin after he left SS... this could very well be first part of his plan...getting close to kurosakis...what better way to experiment hougyoku then on a subject which is miracle (shinigami+quincy hybrid ichigo)...depending on urahara's intellect level we can safely assume that he was one step faster than aizen...so he didn't take the first action but let aizen do it to stay in the shadows...
    What if we looked at it this way...Isshin lost his power about 20 years ago...what if he sought out Yoruichi for help since they are both nobles and probably knew each other (assuming Isshin is a Shiba) and Yoruichi introduced him to Urahara who she knew had the intellect to help...it could explain the connection between the two

adding something more to the argument..
    in FKKT arc...only urahara had an idea that what could aizen become if he fuses with the hougyoku...that guy helped soul society with many things that time but didn't forewarned them about this possibility
    He had a suspicion and he took steps based on it...ie he created two kidos the wrist seal and the final seal in order to deal with it...he, Isshin and Yoruichi were also prepared to fight if they had to which is why they only showed up after G13 was defeated...after all they were outsiders as well.

Finally I really need to mention this:
    the guy made a pact with VR that he will help them get their revenge..he prepared medallions for them and helped them initiate attack on SS...he went to HM with ichigo as he expected that his quincy powers will surface if he fights one...
    The quincy have been shown to be very intelligent on their own developing techniques like vollstandig etc through research as stated by Kirge. Am certain they have capable scientists in their ranks. I mean even Espada had Szayel...Also there is no way Juha would work with a shinigami and if he did, why would Kirge attack him at all?

and also

also planting devices in Kon's eyes could be a way to spy on Mayuri...
    Does he really need to....Mayuri is hardly a threat to him, I Mean this guy created the hogyouku a hundred years ago and knew how to open gargantas when Mayuri only learnt by stealing tech from Szayel's lab....His intelligence is too far above Mayuris to consider him worth spying on
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri is such a jackass.I would not be surprised if he kept anything to himself just so he could take over the squad and perform his nasty experiments....I mean remember at the end of SS arc when 4th squad VC revealed Aizen's betrayal and Mayuri told Nemu that he already knew?
    That is possible and even, likely to be the case.
    At any case, there is zero chance that after all this incident has ceased away, Mayuri didn't make a research of his own about hollowfication or Hogyoku, etc.
    We can't really say what he has revealed, but I doubt he told anyone a single word about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dex
    Does he really need to....Mayuri is hardly a threat to him, I Mean this guy created the hogyouku a hundred years ago and knew how to open gargantas when Mayuri only learnt by stealing tech from Szayel's lab....His intelligence is too far above Mayuris to consider him worth spying on
    I will have to disagree with you here. Mayuri is a very intelligent and witty man on his own, and he cannot be possibly discarded so easily.
    That said, I don't think Kon's device has got anything to do with spying, as it's too obvious for a spying purpose.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if someone has mentioned this, but could the bodies in Szayel's lab back then have been Quincies? Because Bach was obviously watching from the shadows, and maybe some of his spies were captured.
    Didn't Opie say that they were holding off on entering Hueco Mundo 'cause of Aizen?
    Last edited by Notak; December 02, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Dunno if someone has mentioned this, but could the bodies in Szayel's lab back then have been Quincies? Because Bach was obviously watching from the shadows, and maybe some of his spies were captured.
    Nope, those bodies were Cirucci and Dordoni's bodies

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh yea....where was that confirmed again?

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

he said that he is not interested in those events...he was kinda detached from that...maybe he already had a hint...

Quote Quote:
    What if we looked at it this way...Isshin lost his power about 20 years ago...what if he sought out Yoruichi for help since they are both nobles and probably knew each other (assuming Isshin is a Shiba) and Yoruichi introduced him to Urahara who she knew had the intellect to help...it could explain the connection between the two
    that could very well be possible...but the thing i mentioned can be true too...like i said if i try to find something that points out that urahara is the bad guy...

Quote Quote:
    He had a suspicion and he took steps based on it...ie he created two kidos the wrist seal and the final seal in order to deal with it...he, Isshin and Yoruichi were also prepared to fight if they had to which is why they only showed up after G13 was defeated...after all they were outsiders as well.
    urahara was not outsider when FKKT started...SS already took his help during that time as his and yoruichis innocence was proved...also after he used wrist sealing kido he stated that it wont work on aizen...he knew all along that what state aizen could reach as he stated in the end...my only point is why did he not mention about this possibility beforehand to SS...its as if he wanted aizen and ichigo to evolve and then stop him...
    Quote Quote:
    The quincy have been shown to be very intelligent on their own developing techniques like vollstandig etc through research as stated by Kirge. Am certain they have capable scientists in their ranks. I mean even Espada had Szayel...Also there is no way Juha would work with a shinigami and if he did, why would Kirge attack him at all?
    having genius scientists is totally true...but i doubt a quincy could get hold of shinigamis with bankai to research ...its like mayuri had quincy specimen to research and so he had an idea about their powers...so he can develop a anti-quincy device...here developing a anti bankai device is much likelier the work of a shinigami who is well aware of how soul slayers work...but quincy having scientists is also possible...

Quote Quote:
    mayuri cannot be underestimated...sometimes i think that those two might stand against each other someday...its just when mayuri shows interest in something he learns it...
    that device in kon's eye was something which surprised even mayuri...his expression and reaction showed it all...so its possible that urahara was spying on him...

and my one point against urahara still stands...why did he hid hougyoku in rukia after she committed a felony...he could have hidden it or disposed it in any gigai 100 years back...i mean he made gigai for isshin and made other gigais too...then why choose rukia and at the time aizen made his move...nobody expects mistakes like these form genius like urahara...

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

That said, I don't think Kon's device has got anything to do with spying, as it's too obvious for a spying purpose.
    even mauyri was surprised when he saw that thing working...and urahara mentioned that its switch was on his side...and we do not know when kon reached mayuris lab...it could be very well before quincy invasion...so this device was planted in kon long time back...so what is the point of doing it...urahara could not have foreseen situation like this long time back unless he knew this could happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Nope, those bodies were Cirucci and Dordoni's bodies
    when was this confirmed ?

srry fr replyin late...saturday sunday are fundays...no idea what happened yesterday...everything is still dizzy in my head...bloody hangovers

Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

having genius scientists is totally true...but i doubt a quincy could get hold of shinigamis with bankai to research ...its like mayuri had quincy specimen to research and so he had an idea about their powers...so he can develop a anti-quincy device...here developing a anti bankai device is much likelier the work of a shinigami who is well aware of how soul slayers work...but quincy having scientists is also possible...
    It strikes me as strange that Bach knows so much about SS including exactly how the captains bankai work and what level of power it takes to capture them etc...in the second to last chapter we learn that Mayuri kept info. on all bankais in SS....It makes more sense IMO to believe that someone stole that info....I mean the Quincies seem able to enter and leave Sereitei at will using their shadow ability, and considering how much time they have had to prepare their assault it is highly likely they would have a spy mission to steal such data...alternatively there could be a Quincy sympathiser in SS(esp. the 12th division) but I highly doubt it would be Urahara

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the final villain would be Juha Bach. He is the leader of those who want to destroy SS completly and kill all Shinigamis. They might have another goal. For example they might want to take Spirit King down.
    I can see the possibility of Spirit King being the final Big Baddy of Bleach, but I doubt it for now, especially since we know practically nothing about him. Though we might have a chance to see him during Ichi's current visit to Royal Realm.

About Urahara... Seriously. It's a shounen manga. It's not about intellect. It's about strength and Urahara is nowhere near the topdogs, so he just can't be a final villain. Only if he uses Hougioku, but that would ruin Bleach as we've seen it already and it was too much, so having it twice would be really horrible.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    About Urahara... Seriously. It's a shounen manga. It's not about intellect. It's about strength and Urahara is nowhere near the topdogs, so he just can't be a final villain.
    1. We don't know about Urahara's bankai.
    2. In hand-to-hand he was on par with Yoruichi.
    3. His intellect is unmatched.
    4. He can create his own attacks and kidos.
    5. He could KILL pre-hogyoku Aizen with Kidos ALONE, as Aizen himself stated.

That makes him above... everyone in SS?

About Hogyoku... we can see alternative use for it, or taking it onto higher level. Not wishing for raw power but for... let's leave it to our imagination.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

The legs/boots shown when Mayuri entered Sszayel's lab matched up with Cirucci and Dordoni, and also, it was clearly said by Aizen when he asked Sszayel if Dordoni's body was useful to him or not (chapter 255, pages 7-10) (considering the one who sent the Exequias was Sszayel to retrieve their bodies, hence why he was able to negate Uryuu's powers and could've negated Ichigo's powers if he had fought against him since he probably analyzed his reiatsu too, check chapter 274)
    Last edited by Zehahaha; December 04, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

It strikes me as strange that Bach knows so much about SS including exactly how the captains bankai work and what level of power it takes to capture them etc...in the second to last chapter we learn that Mayuri kept info. on all bankais in SS....It makes more sense IMO to believe that someone stole that info....I mean the Quincies seem able to enter and leave Sereitei at will using their shadow ability, and considering how much time they have had to prepare their assault it is highly likely they would have a spy mission to steal such data...alternatively there could be a Quincy sympathiser in SS(esp. the 12th division) but I highly doubt it would be Urahara
    yes the point that mayuri has data of all the bankais present in SS (even ikkaku) will hold some importance...but imo mayuri is not the traitor coz that guy already killed so many quincies...even though he is a psycho but he seems far from being a traitor... it is possible that someone stole the data from mayuri's records and gave it to quincies... now it cannot be akon and other people in 12th division do not seems to be the traitor type...also mayuris division is very secretive ...so it has to be some outsider...my opinion...here is where maybe the device planted in kon helped urahara (just a thought) ...i mean kon being in SS and him being planted with urahara made switches can have something to do with main storyline (or it was just a troll move...?? ) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I believe the final villain would be Juha Bach. He is the leader of those who want to destroy SS completly and kill all Shinigamis. They might have another goal. For example they might want to take Spirit King down.
    I can see the possibility of Spirit King being the final Big Baddy of Bleach, but I doubt it for now, especially since we know practically nothing about him. Though we might have a chance to see him during Ichi's current visit to Royal Realm.

About Urahara... Seriously. It's a shounen manga. It's not about intellect. It's about strength and Urahara is nowhere near the topdogs, so he just can't be a final villain. Only if he uses Hougioku, but that would ruin Bleach as we've seen it already and it was too much, so having it twice would be really horrible.
    well we all know that much...JB is in limelight...but if you read what i posted before, i was just trying to find reasons which can point at urahara being the main villian...ofc it has not been mentioned directly yet...but this is just a speculation...also its a shounen manga but then SS invasion arc also turned out like this...shounen manga does not mean that there cant be twists like these... till now even many people suspect that JB will not be the final antagonist...

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    1. We don't know about Urahara's bankai.
    2. In hand-to-hand he was on par with Yoruichi.
    3. His intellect is unmatched.
    4. He can create his own attacks and kidos.
    5. He could KILL pre-hogyoku Aizen with Kidos ALONE, as Aizen himself stated.

That makes him above... everyone in SS?

About Hogyoku... we can see alternative use for it, or taking it onto higher level. Not wishing for raw power but for... let's leave it to our imagination.
    agreed...also the top vilian of Bleach considered urahara to be his superior ...this guy in bleach is most unexplored and most unexpected character...anything can be expected from him...
    Last edited by dex; December 04, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast