Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Your Current Favorite Manga in WSJ

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kochikame

1 3.85%
  • One Piece

9 34.62%
  • Naruto

1 3.85%
  • Bleach

6 23.08%
  • Gintama

1 3.85%
  • Sket Dance

4 15.38%
  • Toriko

1 3.85%
  • Kuroko no Basket

1 3.85%
  • Beelzebub

2 7.69%
  • Medaka Box

0 0%
  • Kurogane

0 0%
  • Nisekoi

1 3.85%
  • Hq!!

4 15.38%
  • Saiki Kusuo no PSI-nan

0 0%
  • Ansatsu kyōshitsu / Assassination Classroom

2 7.69%
  • Retsu!!! Date-senpai

0 0%
  • Cross Manage

1 3.85%
  • Hungry Joker

0 0%
  • Shinmai fukei Kiruko-san

1 3.85%
  • Shokugeki no Sōma

1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your Current Favorite Manga in WSJ [as of December 2012]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuyunarutoballz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your Current Favorite Manga in WSJ [as of December 2012]

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Yeah, the war arc in Naruto is starting to becoming longwinded which is unfortunate since it could have been really cool.

I rediscovered the raws for SKET DANCE, and it still hasn't lost its touch even though the last raw chapter I read of it was where the scanlations are now. It takes a lot of skill as a writer to make three students conversing in a clubroom for nineteen chapters really engaging.
    You can read japanese? Lucky. I really wanna see that new Bossun x Himeko arc plus the rest of Switches backstory. More so, i want to see it animated. I never read the manga outside of a few random chapters and the backstories, so the anime was how i got my weekly dose of SKET. Plus, the anime (on crunchyroll) would be subbed every week regardless, so it'd go way beyond the scanlation which is updated so irregularly.

Also, about Naruto. Yeah, idk what Kishimoto was doing. I guess he doesn't know how to write a War. If the War would have been as epic as the Pain arc i'm sure nobody would have complained

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Yeah, the war arc in Naruto is starting to becoming longwinded which is unfortunate since it could have been really cool.

I rediscovered the raws for SKET DANCE, and it still hasn't lost its touch even though the last raw chapter I read of it was where the scanlations are now. It takes a lot of skill as a writer to make three students conversing in a clubroom for nineteen chapters really engaging.
    It's not just long winded, but it's also unlike Kishi. It should be more brutal, Naruto shouldn't be getting free powerups, and he should have more jutsu under his arsenal. ET spam was unnecessary, other than fan service, and Itachi should have been fighting using his own skills, not Izanami. So much wrong with this arc.

And Beelzebub is still my favorite. I look forward to it more than I look forward to Naruto and OP.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say I'm not enjoying Sket Dance as I used to since the 3d year started. At the moment I have great time reading Toriko and Beelzebub (the christmas arc had some very funny scene). Also I would recommend Souma. So far the 6 chapters have been really promising in term of comedy. It's probably the bzst of the 3 new series.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyunarutoballz View Post
    You can read japanese? Lucky. I really wanna see that new Bossun x Himeko arc plus the rest of Switches backstory. More so, i want to see it animated. I never read the manga outside of a few random chapters and the backstories, so the anime was how i got my weekly dose of SKET. Plus, the anime (on crunchyroll) would be subbed every week regardless, so it'd go way beyond the scanlation which is updated so irregularly.

Also, about Naruto. Yeah, idk what Kishimoto was doing. I guess he doesn't know how to write a War. If the War would have been as epic as the Pain arc i'm sure nobody would have complained
    It's my first language actually plus 12 years of going to Japanese school on Saturdays. *shudder* Yeah, it would be nice if the scanlations for SKET DANCE were up to date. Currently there are 264 chapters in total so we're still forty chapters behind.

It's unfortunate because I know that Kishi has the potential to do better.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    It's not just long winded, but it's also unlike Kishi. It should be more brutal, Naruto shouldn't be getting free powerups, and he should have more jutsu under his arsenal. ET spam was unnecessary, other than fan service, and Itachi should have been fighting using his own skills, not Izanami. So much wrong with this arc.
    Yup. As mentioned above, Kishi can and has shown us that he's capable of doing something much more than what he's presenting us so far. I was expecting the war to be more bombastic and gut-wrenching, but there's (hopefully) still room to work things around.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member leokiko's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Never liked Sket Dance, idk why really. Love Gintama though.

Anyway, I voted for OP since HxH is on hiatus.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackLeggedDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece is by far my favorite manga from any magazine. But Kuroko and Beelzebub are my second and third favorite respectively and they are all form the same magazine. WSJ does a wonderful job of collecting the best mangas.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh... Kochikame. When it comes down to it it's the one series that never lets me down. It's always there, it's always consistently entertaining. Nothing to write home about, but it sticks in my heart.

Also Haikyuu and Kiruko-san, the former for being a really exciting an well-drawn sports series, the latter for making me laugh non-stop since chapter 1 came out.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece and Hunter x Hunter are probably my favorite manga of all time so I'm going to ignore them. Haikyuu!! is the best thing out of Jump in so long in my opinion and I get really excited when I see a new chapter is out. I've become a big fan of Furudate in the last couple of years.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2