Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Since I'm not popular, I will try to smile at my own

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A very cool thread title about myself

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Patience is a highly beneficial issue
    Well, I have to agree with that. Those are actually cool words too.

Changing varieties help you miss the long abandoned types for a while and pick them up back later. Like listening a song continuously for a couple of weeks, leaving it aside for months, then calling it out again.
    I have seen people labeling Gemini as unbalanced, though I believe it's a bold generalization. Surely a lot of things don't match with those star sign interpretations. They say Leo like attention or being the one that leads a group of people, but I possess neither of these qualities.
    Indeed. When we call it out again, it will have a nostalgia sense and it makes the songs have more values somehow then we first listen to it.
    Well, it is different for everyone. So far, I've found lots of matching things like how Gemini likes learning and is strong on communication. There are some that do not match too like how Gemini is a flirt and social butterfly. Well, my Gemini friends are surely social butterfly, but I am not one though I do have lots of friends and connections. I think I could have been a social butterfly if a certain event didn't happen, but what has happened has happened and today I am who I am now.
    Either you really do not possess those qualities, or you actually possess them but never use it (therefore, you do not know that you have them; they exist in your unconscious).

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Well, I have to agree with that. Those are actually cool words too.
    Well, apparently, I was trying to say beneficial virtue or something like that, but nevermind, it's cool this way, too

Indeed. When we call it out again, it will have a nostalgia sense and it makes the songs have more values somehow then we first listen to it.
    Well, it is different for everyone. So far, I've found lots of matching things like how Gemini likes learning and is strong on communication. There are some that do not match too like how Gemini is a flirt and social butterfly. Well, my Gemini friends are surely social butterfly, but I am not one though I do have lots of friends and connections. I think I could have been a social butterfly if a certain event didn't happen, but what has happened has happened and today I am who I am now.
    Either you really do not possess those qualities, or you actually possess them but never use it (therefore, you do not know that you have them; they exist in your unconscious).
    Some songs are gone for good, though. Recalling those doesn't bring any emotion or whatsoever back to the surface, which is a bit sad to see.
    Ah, so, those qualities are either suppressed or not, but existing in a way or another. Then, I guess, I shall be quite the oppressive type of person (which is who I am, for real) that I have pushed them all back into my subconscious or I'm not observing myself as properly as I should and cannot recognize their existence.
    Each case sounds rational (=

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Some songs are gone for good, though. Recalling those doesn't bring any emotion or whatsoever back to the surface, which is a bit sad to see.
    Ah, so, those qualities are either suppressed or not, but existing in a way or another. Then, I guess, I shall be quite the oppressive type of person (which is who I am, for real) that I have pushed them all back into my subconscious or I'm not observing myself as properly as I should and cannot recognize their existence.
    Each case sounds rational (=
    Maybe you just need more time before you go back to those songs.
    It's just my theory though (which is derived from all the psychological theories I've learned). From what I've learned so far, all of us possess qualities that we either suppress or don't know the existence of. They can be brought into the surface if a certain event happen that force us to bring out those qualities. Of course, there is a possibility that those qualities will never make it into the surface.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you just need more time before you go back to those songs.
    It's just my theory though (which is derived from all the psychological theories I've learned). From what I've learned so far, all of us possess qualities that we either suppress or don't know the existence of. They can be brought into the surface if a certain event happen that force us to bring out those qualities. Of course, there is a possibility that those qualities will never make it into the surface.
    Sometimes a certain need of triggering events is apparent. Then, they can be revived. As in the cases of suppressed qualities.
    That is unavoidable, I really detest letting outside events and other people leave slightest of an effect of me. The surfacing qualities will cease by time if I keep such attitude or so I believe. It's a minor possibility, if it exists at all, though.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes a certain need of triggering events is apparent. Then, they can be revived. As in the cases of suppressed qualities.
    That is unavoidable, I really detest letting outside events and other people leave slightest of an effect of me. The surfacing qualities will cease by time if I keep such attitude or so I believe. It's a minor possibility, if it exists at all, though.
    Well, sometimes you can't just keep it suppressed for a long time (in case of suppressed qualities). As I've learned from Carl Jung, they become your Shadow, and if you keep it like that all the time, there will be a time when your Shadow finally overtake you and make you to be the person who you don't want to be the most. I've experienced this, so I'm rather careful when dealing with my Shadow now.
    As for the qualities that lay dormant, I can't say anything. I've never experienced such cases when my qualities are awaken by a certain event. I've only read stories. There was a story about a man who cared for nothing, not even his wife, and he had an affair with another woman. But when the time comes that he has to choose between sentencing his wife to death or take the blame, he chooses to sacrifice himself, revealing that he actually has compassion for other's life but unfortunately this quality shows up when it is a matter of life and death.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, sometimes you can't just keep it suppressed for a long time (in case of suppressed qualities). As I've learned from Carl Jung, they become your Shadow, and if you keep it like that all the time, there will be a time when your Shadow finally overtake you and make you to be the person who you don't want to be the most. I've experienced this, so I'm rather careful when dealing with my Shadow now.
    As for the qualities that lay dormant, I can't say anything. I've never experienced such cases when my qualities are awaken by a certain event. I've only read stories. There was a story about a man who cared for nothing, not even his wife, and he had an affair with another woman. But when the time comes that he has to choose between sentencing his wife to death or take the blame, he chooses to sacrifice himself, revealing that he actually has compassion for other's life but unfortunately this quality shows up when it is a matter of life and death.
    So, is this is a battle of trying not to turn into the person you are suppressing? I'm having trouble with some different type of suppression. To avoid getting consumed with desires, I occasionally block one or two, and so on, alternately changing what I'm blocking. This has turned into an obsession over time and needs to be dropped as a habit.
    Perhaps reading this deep into who I am shaping up to be isn't such a good idea if its side effects are going to put this much of strain on my psychology.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just thought of cool words: We were born to struggle, to fight, to live.

So, is this is a battle of trying not to turn into the person you are suppressing? I'm having trouble with some different type of suppression. To avoid getting consumed with desires, I occasionally block one or two, and so on, alternately changing what I'm blocking. This has turned into an obsession over time and needs to be dropped as a habit.
    Perhaps reading this deep into who I am shaping up to be isn't such a good idea if its side effects are going to put this much of strain on my psychology.
    Well, it is certainly hard on our mental health, but I think if we can put up with it, we will become stronger. Actually, the key into fighting the Shadow is to embrace it and control it (sounds very much like Persona 4, but that's really it). Suppressing it means you're rejecting it, and it's a big no since it will be the same as rejecting yourself as a whole. Like it or not, that part that you dislike is still a part of you.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just thought of cool words: We were born to struggle, to fight, to live.
    Wow, that was quick
    It has a quite resembling tone, perhaps I'm associating with To Live is To Die
    Now then, this should make the signature below. It sounds befitting to me (=

Well, it is certainly hard on our mental health, but I think if we can put up with it, we will become stronger. Actually, the key into fighting the Shadow is to embrace it and control it (sounds very much like Persona 4, but that's really it). Suppressing it means you're rejecting it, and it's a big no since it will be the same as rejecting yourself as a whole. Like it or not, that part that you dislike is still a part of you.
    I know what you mean. Since I have had quite a bit of time thinking about ego and the unnaturally alienating side of myself, I have also had the chance to make up my mind to kill it. But whatever I did towards that goal, I ended up hurting myself in the process. It took me a while to get this in right and sound, but there is no way of separating that part from me without me getting killed.
    So, I decided that it's existing in reality and I should embraced it. I don't really know how it's been going so far, but at least, this is the right direction.
    That alone is enough to keep the light of hope alive.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that was quick
    It has a quite resembling tone, perhaps I'm associating with To Live is To Die
    Now then, this should make the signature below. It sounds befitting to me (=
    Well, I kind of got the inspiration when watching Assassin Creed 3 trailer.

I know what you mean. Since I have had quite a bit of time thinking about ego and the unnaturally alienating side of myself, I have also had the chance to make up my mind to kill it. But whatever I did towards that goal, I ended up hurting myself in the process. It took me a while to get this in right and sound, but there is no way of separating that part from me without me getting killed.
    So, I decided that it's existing in reality and I should embraced it. I don't really know how it's been going so far, but at least, this is the right direction.
    That alone is enough to keep the light of hope alive.
    Well, it's a lifetime experience. We can't always get it right, and we have to keep struggling to face the same thing over and over again... but as I said before, we'll get stronger that way.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I will add "It's hard to go listen anime themes in Youtube without getting spoilers" somewhere, too.
    Um, not so cool, but a beneficial information.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Well, I kind of got the inspiration when watching Assassin Creed 3 trailer.
    Never mind, one who gets inspired by, gets the credit for it

Well, it's a lifetime experience. We can't always get it right, and we have to keep struggling to face the same thing over and over again... but as I said before, we'll get stronger that way.
    That's the sole way to cherish the life we're going through.
    Truth be told, you are stronger than I assumed you to be initially. It's been a while since I faced the strength of youth, though I can't even recall who that last one was..
    Now, I wonder who that person was

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: Some Music unitneruptly show

Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, nice one here
    But I need something more nonchalant with little epic imbued in.

Let's say, Yuu Kanda and his ice-cold stare got the better of me

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I will add "It's hard to go listen anime themes in Youtube without getting spoilers" somewhere, too.
    Um, not so cool, but a beneficial information.
    Nah, I do think it's really cool.

That's the sole way to cherish the life we're going through.
    Truth be told, you are stronger than I assumed you to be initially. It's been a while since I faced the strength of youth, though I can't even recall who that last one was..
    Now, I wonder who that person was
    Oh, I'm not that strong really. I still have to confront my past again and again... Sometimes I feel that I'm okay, but at certain times I can just break down. I always put up a strong facade in front of other people, but who knows when I'm alone.
    There are still a lot to learn, and I just to remind myself everyday about the philosophy of life.

Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I do think it's really cool.
    Really?
    That's great. But it'll be totally narcissistic of me to add a quote from myself down there

Oh, I'm not that strong really. I still have to confront my past again and again... Sometimes I feel that I'm okay, but at certain times I can just break down. I always put up a strong facade in front of other people, but who knows when I'm alone.
    There are still a lot to learn, and I just to remind myself everyday about the philosophy of life.
    That's what I'm referring to as strength. It's not always about what you achieve. It's about what you are trying to do.
    Unless you are a deity, you will keep breaking down at times, as all of us will. That fragility is in our nature for a reason unknown to me as of this day and I don't think I will ever truly know the answer.
    The thing is, without getting a hold of your own view of life, you aren't going anywhere, so, even if you have to keep burying the words into your mind all the time, that's probably much better than not knowing those words at all.

In a way, you can say we have got to be the protagonist in our own story. No matter how many times we get struck down, we have to keep standing up back.
    What an irony. We don't even have any supporting cast or antagonist for real out there. It's a story of one's own, decided solely by he himself.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does it have to be a serious discussion wherever I go to?!

/spam

Thread Closed
Page 8 of 134 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast