Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Since I'm not popular, I will try to smile at my own

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A very cool thread title about myself

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Nice words. With one side shimmering with sun light, the other will be left in the shadow. Those are created by the forks in the roads. There is sort of a balance to it, which is actually a valuable thing for us humans to keep alive.
    And vice versa. We live as long as we try.

I'd say you are being a bit too much brutally honest towards yourself here. You seem to place your awareness at the back of your mind so that it'll constantly keep nagging at you, but in reality, it's only when you learn how to cast aside that mechanism every once in a while, you will feel the tension ceasing. Otherwise, it'll end up draining your energy, and faith altogether.
    Confronting your subconsciousness is futile. It's like battling out your mirrored image from a past time. No matter what the result is, you will definitely end up feeling like the losing side after a while.
    Ideas will not bed right away after you shape them up. It takes time. It takes massive time. Therefore, the younger you get control over yourself, the better.
    Though it may seem so, that's not a shallow form of optimism. What I'm stating here is attached to realism itself.
    When you said "forks in the road", I'm instantly reminded of the poem "The Road not Taken" by Robert Frost. It's my favorite poem because in a simple poem like that, the nature of choices is greatly described.

You're right. I keep my awareness at the back of my mind, but I don't think I can let go of that mechanism yet. That's the only way I know to keep myself from regretting my choices. I've had enough regret in my life, and I don't want to put more of that burden on myself. I think it's better to be aware all the time rather than feeling regret later. Unless I can find better way to keep myself from making worse choices (since we will all make bad choices at some point in time), I think I like to keep it like this. Yes, it's energy-draining, but it doesn't affect my faith that much so it should be okay for now.
    Indeed. That's why I just let my subconsciousness be, at least I try to control my consciousness.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    When you said "forks in the road", I'm instantly reminded of the poem "The Road not Taken" by Robert Frost. It's my favorite poem because in a simple poem like that, the nature of choices is greatly described.

You're right. I keep my awareness at the back of my mind, but I don't think I can let go of that mechanism yet. That's the only way I know to keep myself from regretting my choices. I've had enough regret in my life, and I don't want to put more of that burden on myself. I think it's better to be aware all the time rather than feeling regret later. Unless I can find better way to keep myself from making worse choices (since we will all make bad choices at some point in time), I think I like to keep it like this. Yes, it's energy-draining, but it doesn't affect my faith that much so it should be okay for now.
    Indeed. That's why I just let my subconsciousness be, at least I try to control my consciousness.
    A good choice. Mine would be "A Dream Within a Dream" by Edgar Allan Poe. It is a reminiscent of how I view the world in general; chaotic, in some way.

You cannot quite avoid having regrets. At most, you would do your best for that goal, but it's bound to be a failure at some point.
    Not a huge problem, though. If you are having regrets, it means you tried something and retrospectively came up with a better idea later on. If anything, this is some sort of improvement, as painful as it can be.
    I don't have any regrets if I look back right now, but it's difficult for me to view what I did and what I didn't in a clear picture. I would give up this hazy life for a few regrets at this moment.
    On the other hand, the energy-draining effect has already weakened me for good, so, I don't know if I can handle any sort of regretful memory in my current state. It's difficult to pick one up over the other for me.
    And if your faith is unfazed by this burden, what else there is to say, right? You should cherish this strength of yours.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

A good choice. Mine would be "A Dream Within a Dream" by Edgar Allan Poe. It is a reminiscent of how I view the world in general; chaotic, in some way.

You cannot quite avoid having regrets. At most, you would do your best for that goal, but it's bound to be a failure at some point.
    Not a huge problem, though. If you are having regrets, it means you tried something and retrospectively came up with a better idea later on. If anything, this is some sort of improvement, as painful as it can be.
    I don't have any regrets if I look back right now, but it's difficult for me to view what I did and what I didn't in a clear picture. I would give up this hazy life for a few regrets at this moment.
    On the other hand, the energy-draining effect has already weakened me for good, so, I don't know if I can handle any sort of regretful memory in my current state. It's difficult to pick one up over the other for me.
    And if your faith is unfazed by this burden, what else there is to say, right? You should cherish this strength of yours.
    Ah, that poem is also beautiful. Though I prefer "Nevermore" when it comes to Poe's poem. Even reading the title itself already gives me this kind of sad feeling.

Yes, regret is unavoidable. Not to mention, there's still "what if". Every time you look back and see where your choices has taken you, you might regret some of your choices, or at least you'll ask the "what if" question. "What if I choose the other choice?" A dangerous question since whatever the answer is, it will take you to nowhere but more regrets. It can also make us not appreciating what we've gone through. But humans will never stop wondering, won't they?
    I'll tell you my regret so you might be able to avoid it: Treating horribly the only person who cared for me when I was hurt because I thought no one cared for me. When I realized my mistake, the person was no longer in this world, so I could never ask forgiveness from him. If only I could ask his forgiveness, I might feel better now, but that's not the case. That's why I had to live with this as long as I live. I learn not to take things for granted, and to see beyond what I want to see. I was so blinded by my thought that no one cared, that I did not see the one who really cared beside me and I hurt him. So ironic, isn't it?
    It's because my faith has been tested before for years, so yes, it is stronger now. It still can be shaken, but I always try to go back to the right path.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, that poem is also beautiful. Though I prefer "Nevermore" when it comes to Poe's poem. Even reading the title itself already gives me this kind of sad feeling.

Yes, regret is unavoidable. Not to mention, there's still "what if". Every time you look back and see where your choices has taken you, you might regret some of your choices, or at least you'll ask the "what if" question. "What if I choose the other choice?" A dangerous question since whatever the answer is, it will take you to nowhere but more regrets. It can also make us not appreciating what we've gone through. But humans will never stop wondering, won't they?
    I'll tell you my regret so you might be able to avoid it: Treating horribly the only person who cared for me when I was hurt because I thought no one cared for me. When I realized my mistake, the person was no longer in this world, so I could never ask forgiveness from him. If only I could ask his forgiveness, I might feel better now, but that's not the case. That's why I had to live with this as long as I live. I learn not to take things for granted, and to see beyond what I want to see. I was so blinded by my thought that no one cared, that I did not see the one who really cared beside me and I hurt him. So ironic, isn't it?
    It's because my faith has been tested before for years, so yes, it is stronger now. It still can be shaken, but I always try to go back to the right path.
    Speaking of him made me recall The Alan Parsons Project's album, Tales of Mystery and Imagination. It has been a while since I listened to it, what a surprising discovery now..

We can't take the time back. I'd regret something from the past if I had that kind of ability to time manipulation and still didn't use it. We aren't left with a choice when something becomes a part of history. It sounds odd when you say it like this, but it's the same for future. This life we are living is full of choices, but those choice aren't mean to become the essence of life itself. We just rush through the time. The beauty of the past is the ability that it grants to us; perception. The beauty of the moment is the joy. The beauty of the future is what keeps us going forward; hope. When you compare your choices and their consequences, they will most likely pale in comparison.

It's because being hurt and down gives you a false sense of security. That's what I call self-preservation. You move, act, see, all in a limited way, all the while you try to stay as how you are. That's one of the reasons, I think humans in general don't really understand the life. I used to think life was like a survival test in the deepest of the seas, but I can see now that it's irrelevant. If anything, it's a puddle of water we're struggling to stay on. In the end, you just have to stand up and move on.
    So, as ironic as it is, I find it natural. Everyone cherishes sorrow and pain. That's our way of lowering our heightened limits in the world. We are bounded by being hurt, being in pain and we subconsciously wish to preserve it.

A friend whom I admire the most showed me the way through it, the illusions my mind was coming up with. I wonder if I really took a step in the right direction since we last saw each other. Not feeling like it, though. I feel like I have already come up with the answer (puddle of water) and still sit down idly like a little kid, waiting for a miracle for things to be initiated on their own. That's not how it's supposed to be, right?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Never he was one of my favorite characters, but that may be fitting
    Here I copy my bio line: "As collected as Kuchiki Byakuya, as twisted-minded as Orochimaru, as self-criticizing as Uchiha Itachi, as carefree as Ichimaru Gin and as powerful as Uzumaki Nagato."

Well, perhaps I was being a bit generous with Nagato. Sure of all others, though

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

We tend to look for two certain aspects in people we meet.
    One is self-resemblance, which is obvious, and other is unorthodoxy by our standards.
    We waver around those two standpoints, rushing from one to the other, and can't really decide which one is more justified.
    That means we are due fearing our beloved and loving our feared at some point, which is the exact reason that, to me, fear and love share a close bond.

And..
    I'm sincere as long as I speak. No manipulations this time. This is the truth itself
    I've found a simple way to avoid that. I try to match my criteria for uncommon so the people I like could be both unorthodox and similar to me .

though that decreases the chances of finding either, so I'm just trading one problem for another in the end
    Indeed. Love and fear often go together. But I believe that love means facing our fears.
    I'm a bit scared of manipulators since they are not what they seem to be but at the same time I also admire how manipulators can make other people do what they want without the people realizing (often times). I guess manipulators and brutally honest people work using different methods. Manipulators often use the beautiful lies, while the brutally honest use brutal and cruel truth.

"as long as I speak"? Then, when you're not speaking, you're not sincere?
    Of course not.. there are some brutally honest manipulators out there, there isn't rule one must lie to manipulate, just tell a selected truths while omitting the important details, technically s/he ain't lying that way.
    I don't think he never speaks. He may speak very little but when he speaks, he speaks nothing but truth. He's always there but not everyone notices him. I do agree that Fear cannot shake him, but Doubt certainly can.

Well, I agree though to manipulate truth is certainly hard. Not everyone can do it.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

You read Dostoyevski as a kid? *amazed*
    I want to agree with your last sentence, but in my opinion, I just have to add "Life is interesting when we look back at it." Life doesn't always seem interesting when we're actually going through it. But that's just my opinion.
    It's all about putting truth in the wrong context. :3

I agree on the part it's a personal opinion, life's always been interesting for me, but that doesn't stop me from being bored with it at times, but that on the other hand is just 'cause I never get down to doing the things I deem interesting
    To be honest, I think Doubt is more dangerous than Fear. It can make you lose your way.
    Ah, I see. But I don't think you're naive. Optimistic, yes. But not naive. I think you know too much to be a naive person.
    There are definitely more than one way to be naive. I believe in this case is something like 'naive in the sense of not changing your views from optimistic to realistic' or something like that though as one of those naive optimists I haven't found a desire or a reason to change myself, so I doubt that'll ever occur naturally within someone.

*Currently on page 6, continues reading.*

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

No, never read anything related to Japanese literature. But now that you mentioned about it, I wonder if I can access any sorts of related material here in Turkey.
    eBay and the like are possible options, of course. I can't see any other plausible method for the time being.
    Well, maybe you should expand your interest about literature to a Japanese one. , I don't know about how's the situation in Turkey, but some of Japanese literature are already translated into English. You might want to check in in your local English bookstores or something like that, or probably some of notable mainstream Japanese writers's works like Haruhi Murakami's Norwegian Wood is already translated into your native language, I don't know.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wizzard View Post
    I've found a simple way to avoid that. I try to match my criteria for uncommon so the people I like could be both unorthodox and similar to me .

though that decreases the chances of finding either, so I'm just trading one problem for another in the end
    You are sort of by-passing the problem, but as you said right after, it won't cut it

Of course not.. there are some brutally honest manipulators out there, there isn't rule one must lie to manipulate, just tell a selected truths while omitting the important details, technically s/he ain't lying that way.
    Lying is technically not a manipulator's best tool by any means. That's like relying on a temporary power at best.
    After all, a truth or a lie will definitely be uncovered at some point.

We manipulators exist to call the things the way when we're neither lying nor telling the truth

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Well, maybe you should expand your interest about literature to a Japanese one. , I don't know about how's the situation in Turkey, but some of Japanese literature are already translated into English. You might want to check in in your local English bookstores or something like that, or probably some of notable mainstream Japanese writers's works like Haruhi Murakami's Norwegian Wood is already translated into your native language, I don't know.
    Ah, that's it. English can help, of course!
    I found couple of Haruhi Murakami's work in one of the bookstores in English. That will be nice to read, thank you

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not passing it I'm turning it into one I can deal with...

Part 2 out of 3

I see. Evil look isn't something commonly found, either. There is no need to be disappointed
    If they let me be myself, I'm not too bothered, but generally, they constantly pick up the topic and the situation deteriorates.

I was going to say "Oh, just two?" or something like that when I realized I know zero people reading Russian literature. Poor me
    That wouldn't be too bad. You'd be feared, respected, have a cool appearance and in the end, there is redemption waiting for you
    Just don't imitate his hoarse voice, of course
    I recommend Angel Denstetsu.
    You mean Yoda by alien? Yoda isn't an alien.
    He's just.. a 800~ years old, 2-footer swordsman..
    I beg your pardon. He's an alien
    Ya seen Doctor Who?
    All right! I'll wait for the next wave of cool words

Bieber, Gaga.. Yikes.
    Chants have a tone of divinity, so, I like them. Especially the ones like Da Pacem Domine and its Latin power (=
    We can say you have an eccentric music taste, I suppose. Comes from a guy who switches from dark ambient to new age, from gothic rock to blues like it's a very natural thing.
    I adore eccentricity, in a way, yes, it's a definite thing.
    I wanna see your reaction at Gangnam style then
    Well, I have to agree with that. Those are actually cool words too.

Indeed. When we call it out again, it will have a nostalgia sense and it makes the songs have more values somehow then we first listen to it.
    Well, it is different for everyone. So far, I've found lots of matching things like how Gemini likes learning and is strong on communication. There are some that do not match too like how Gemini is a flirt and social butterfly. Well, my Gemini friends are surely social butterfly, but I am not one though I do have lots of friends and connections. I think I could have been a social butterfly if a certain event didn't happen, but what has happened has happened and today I am who I am now.
    Either you really do not possess those qualities, or you actually possess them but never use it (therefore, you do not know that you have them; they exist in your unconscious).
    Care to elaborate ?
    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Why does it have to be a serious discussion wherever I go to?!

/spam
    The ways of the force they come to show you need to change
    Nah, it's okay. Narcissistic is when you keep saying you're awesome, cool, or else.

But we also have to consider what kind of strength we want.. I mean kings, dictators, and such are strong people but what they're trying to do is just... *wry smile*
    Yes, I am trying to do something here, but as long as what I am trying to do is for the sake for only myself, I don't want that kind of strength. That's why I said I'm not strong enough. I'm still pretty much an egoist and even though I'm trying to be considerate of others, there are times when I just lose to my ego.
    I don't really need an antagonist in my life. As some stories have taught me, a man's biggest enemy is himself. I am already complicated enough to handle without the antagonist to make things worse.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

You just pick the wrong place to go to.
    Not necessary on the narcissism. for example I scored positive on BRACE (there is thread in the general section, hosted by a particularly interesting English lady.) and that was because I think most people are not as interesting and since I value interesting that makes me look at most people from above which is a highly narcissistic trait ^^ though I'm not being unfair or narrow minded, just rating people by my own values.

end part 2

what are your top 5 movies of all time?

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Part 3. Final

I'm definitely going to return to this thread when I feel the urge to read something cool. By this I'm referring to all the literature and poetry recommendations it contains.

The End

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

On a side note, I need to view your MAL, but the directions as to how to find it are written in something which is out of phase with the rest of the universe I'm living in, so its impossible for me to read them.

+I like talking to you

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I recommend Angel Denstetsu.
    Noted it down.

Ya seen Doctor Who?
    Bits of it. Never suits my taste, though. But I think she is almost always accompanied by a cute lady.
    Coincidences, damn.

I wanna see your reaction at Gangnam style then
    I didn't see anyone saying Psy is one of the greatest singers of all-time.
    But I did see about Bieber.
    Che.

Care to elaborate ?
    Mirrored revolver strikes again.
    You elaborate your question first

what are your top 5 movies of all time?
    1. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    2. The Shawshank Redemption
    3. Star Wars Episode III: The Empire Strikes Back
    4. Moon
    5. The Usual Suspects

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

On a side note, I need to view your MAL, but the directions as to how to find it are written in something which is out of phase with the rest of the universe I'm living in, so its impossible for me to read them.
    Uh, I didn't really understand what MAL is, so, can't comment on for the time being

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Bits of it. Never suits my taste, though. But I think he is almost always accompanied by a cute lady.
    Coincidences, damn.

Mirrored revolver strikes again.
    You elaborate your question first
    about that event which took place.
    Quote Quote:
    1. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    2. The Shawshank Redemption
    3. Star Wars Episode III: The Empire Strikes Back
    4. Moon
    5. The Usual Suspects

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Uh, I didn't really understand what MAL is, so, can't comment on for the time being
    MyAnimeList ^.^

This list is totally different than mine

+I like talking to you

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

about that event which took place.
    I misinterpreted and took the hit on my own

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I misinterpreted and took the hit on my own
    You could explain as well if ya know

+I like talking to you

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i found u haku...spam iz on...lol

Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

What are you up to lately? How closely you follow latest fashions?

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

Thread Closed
Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast