Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Since I'm not popular, I will try to smile at my own

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A very cool thread title about myself

You are looking at a "mama's boy", who never goes out on his own unless he's obliged to

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    That's true, but that reaches a point where you can't fend off it anymore and there are no other moves to play with. Unleashing it on your own generally gives you the best result in terms of social relationships, but it hurts you much more that way since you bear all the pain yourself.
    I've come to think perhaps it needs to stay that way. One can try to give shape to the soul the way he/she feels like the best, but then, it wouldn't be considered a product of his/her nature anymore, so, can't have it both ways. Hopefully, if it's a hindrance, it will just crumble away by time.
    As the word suggests, this requires hope and faith in the destiny. The more suffering you go through, the more fragile that faith gets. The less ambitions you carry on, the less hope you will feel. Knowing this doesn't really make things easier, but it helps to at least keep some sort of vital patience.
    To be honest, sometimes I just don't want to care about all of these, and try to immerse myself in my work... but I guess no one can run away forever, huh...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    To be honest, sometimes I just don't want to care about all of these, and try to immerse myself in my work... but I guess no one can run away forever, huh...
    I'd say if you want to feel yourself happy, stay away from these. Just blend in your life. You could always try to get a hold of your life yourself, but no matter how good your insight is, there is one fact: Yourself of this very moment will always seem inferior to that of a previous time's, because that's where randomness begins.
    In a way, it's the best to avoid the insight of the present moment. Bypass it, as long as you could (=

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Up to watching anime, reading manga, trying not to think anything, and waiting for tomorrow's meeting with the instructor.
    Project will get underway. Round two.
    A bit late but how was the meeting? And what project you are working on?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    A bit late but how was the meeting? And what project you are working on?
    Not bad. He said I should be doing a better job this time since I already failed once.
    It's a project based on NS2 Network Simulator to trace wireless traffic simulation and produce graphs about bandwidth, etc.

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

After so many rapid-fire posts in the word association thread with you, I thought I'd drop in and (finally) say hi!
    You reply so damn quickly. Sometimes I wonder if you just sit and refresh your subs page.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    After so many rapid-fire posts in the word association thread with you, I thought I'd drop in and (finally) say hi!
    You reply so damn quickly. Sometimes I wonder if you just sit and refresh your subs page.
    Oh, It took me some time to check this, since I don't usually get to MtM frequently. Coincidentally, I just checked now!
    Hi, hi o/

Actually, that's what I'm doing. Sitting in my chair and refreshing the MH pages by a short time span. Since I'm fairly inactive with other FF threads like the win thread -cause, you know, Gary kicked me out of that thread once (if you are reading this, I'm in great joy, Gary )-, checking a single thread is easy.
    It's like a gaming combo. I check the word association, proceed with refreshing General Entertainment to see if the LoL thread has something new, go on with refreshing the Mafia Game subsection, since it's going on right now and complete it with a Bleach refresh if I feel like it to see if dear Bleach posters are up to something funny or not occasionally. These days, it's generally fine, so I have been checking that out less frequently.

So, nice to meet you, says this Internet recluse *Bows his head in respect.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

So when are your most epic and fail moment when playing LoL?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    So when are your most epic and fail moment when playing LoL?
    Hm, my most epic moment.. Don't have any. Few good moments, but none of them stand out even a bit, really.
    My most fail moment.. Ah. I have this. You know, I was trying to gank a bot lane with Kat in a game. Got lost in the paths of the jungle, I ended up getting to the lane from a weird point, at which I had two enemies right in front, two enemies just past this point and no allies around. 4vs1, a miserable death. Other people can perhaps spot more of a failure, but for me, it was this one.

Edit: I just got myself a new fail moment today.
    Playing with MF, I was quite low on health, and escaped to near our turret with the aid from a teammate. Then, up there, I see a flying champ, and think that it's our Quinn. Next, I try to reunite with her and the enemy Kayle, which I mistook for Quinn kills me.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; March 14, 2013 at 02:08 PM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, my most epic moment.. Don't have any. Few good moments, but none of them stand out even a bit, really.
    My most fail moment.. Ah. I have this. You know, I was trying to gank a bot lane with Kat in a game. Got lost in the paths of the jungle, I ended up getting to the lane from a weird point, at which I had two enemies right in front, two enemies just past this point and no allies around. 4vs1, a miserable death. Other people can perhaps spot more of a failure, but for me, it was this one.

Edit: I just got myself a new fail moment today.
    Playing with MF, I was quite low on health, and escaped to near our turret with the aid from a teammate. Then, up there, I see a flying champ, and think that it's our Quinn. Next, I try to reunite with her and the enemy Kayle, which I mistook for Quinn kills me.
    Is this your first time playing RTS game? cause that's hilarious, in a good way where's the Kat though? and did your teammates blame you?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this your first time playing RTS game? cause that's hilarious, in a good way where's the Kat though? and did your teammates blame you?
    Yeah, it is. I'm a complete gaming newbie. What do you mean by where is Kat? I already bought her, of course, if that's what you asked

They didn't. At least, they didn't say I was a feeder. Actually, the overall game record wasn't that horrendous. With an ever-DCing Quinn, I was forced to go 1v2 bot with little jungler help, but had a 8/13/15 by the time we won.
    But they did say "OMG MF. Suicidal."

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it is. I'm a complete gaming newbie. What do you mean by where is Kat? I already bought her, of course, if that's what you asked

They didn't. At least, they didn't say I was a feeder. Actually, the overall game record wasn't that horrendous. With an ever-DCing Quinn, I was forced to go 1v2 bot with little jungler help, but had a 8/13/15 by the time we won.
    But they did say "OMG MF. Suicidal."
    Oh, I thought you're going to bot with Kat, not playing as Kat

But that's a good KDA stat, at least for a newbie. My first PvP and my first time playing Veigar ended badly with 5/12/7 and until know I don't understand why I played so poorly. Somehow I'm not into ranged AD with the exception of Tristana, don't know why. Probably because most of them are item reliant instead of spell reliant, but maybe that's just me.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought you're going to bot with Kat, not playing as Kat

But that's a good KDA stat, at least for a newbie. My first PvP and my first time playing Veigar ended badly with 5/12/7 and until know I don't understand why I played so poorly. Somehow I'm not into ranged AD with the exception of Tristana, don't know why. Probably because most of them are item reliant instead of spell reliant, but maybe that's just me.
    If I asked blai-kun, he'd say something like "You could go anywhere with Kat without getting a disadvantage"
    But yeah, she mainly goes mid, checking the other lanes if she could.

Your bad play was a.. 5/12/7
    0/20/0 in my first Ashe play which was against bots, or 2/28/3 in my first Kat play in a PvP are far beyond your comprehension, then

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

If I asked blai-kun, he'd say something like "You could go anywhere with Kat without getting a disadvantage"
    But yeah, she mainly goes mid, checking the other lanes if she could.

Your bad play was a.. 5/12/7
    0/20/0 in my first Ashe play which was against bots, or 2/28/3 in my first Kat play in a PvP are far beyond your comprehension, then
    She normally goes mid, and if you want to go mid, ward is a must especially if the opponent has champs like Volibear or Shaco or Amumu.

Well in your defense, this is your first time playing RTS game. I was a DotA maniac at least until three years ago, so I understand more or less the general concept of the whole game. Just watch a lot of pro replays and you'll be fine. I don't like ranged heroes that much though

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

She normally goes mid, and if you want to go mid, ward is a must especially if the opponent has champs like Volibear or Shaco or Amumu.

Well in your defense, this is your first time playing RTS game. I was a DotA maniac at least until three years ago, so I understand more or less the general concept of the whole game. Just watch a lot of pro replays and you'll be fine. I don't like ranged heroes that much though
    Yeah, there have been at least 5 people who warned me not to play those champs and play the ugly ones instead
    Who cares, anyway? I only care about the looks. I won't play a champ I would be uncomfortable to run into in real life
    Ah, I see. So, you never made ASDF combos or something like that. I appreciate it. Well, playing against me if I'm a mid is usually a joy, since I don't bother checking the map or something, so, any champ can come and help mid to kill me.

Thread Closed
Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast