Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Since I'm not popular, I will try to smile at my own

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A very cool thread title about myself

Theres an 89 /90's music thread in the Otaku section somewhere.
    In the meantime - checkout the music thread as well.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/79752

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, nice advise. I have come up against some pretty good songs while scanning through the pages (=

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Oh, nice advise. I have come up against some pretty good songs while scanning through the pages (=

Good to hear - do visit the otaku sections 80/ 90s thread too. I'll link it later if you need to.
    Dont forget to post songs there as well.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Good to hear - do visit the otaku sections 80/ 90s thread too. I'll link it later if you need to.
    Dont forget to post songs there as well.
    I got it. I'll be sure to post a couple of selected songs in that thread, too (=

It's already afternoon? Really?
    I have spent a good amount of time here without any breaks. I guess I'll take a break and work.

I think I got messed up with the planning here again

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's your favorite manga/anime character? If you have trouble pointing out one, give me as many as you like.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

We tend to look for two certain aspects in people we meet.
    One is self-resemblance, which is obvious, and other is unorthodoxy by our standards.
    We waver around those two standpoints, rushing from one to the other, and can't really decide which one is more justified.
    That means we are due fearing our beloved and loving our feared at some point, which is the exact reason that, to me, fear and love share a close bond.

And..
    I'm sincere as long as I speak. No manipulations this time. This is the truth itself
    Indeed. Love and fear often go together. But I believe that love means facing our fears.
    I'm a bit scared of manipulators since they are not what they seem to be but at the same time I also admire how manipulators can make other people do what they want without the people realizing (often times). I guess manipulators and brutally honest people work using different methods. Manipulators often use the beautiful lies, while the brutally honest use brutal and cruel truth.

"as long as I speak"? Then, when you're not speaking, you're not sincere?

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Who's your favorite manga/anime character? If you have trouble pointing out one, give me as many as you like.
    Good question.
    It's a tough call, as always. Nagato from Naruto and Seishin Muroi from Shiki.
    Various other characters pop up in my mind, but I picked these two.

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Indeed. Love and fear often go together. But I believe that love means facing our fears.
    I'm a bit scared of manipulators since they are not what they seem to be but at the same time I also admire how manipulators can make other people do what they want without the people realizing (often times). I guess manipulators and brutally honest people work using different methods. Manipulators often use the beautiful lies, while the brutally honest use brutal and cruel truth.

"as long as I speak"? Then, when you're not speaking, you're not sincere?
    That's a good analogy.
    I believe Hope and Love to be brothers. Hope then gives birth to Fear. Fear grows up and proceeds to kill his mother, Hope.
    He can't make peace with his Uncle Love, nor he can erase his existence. In the end, if Love proves to be strong enough, he resurrects his late brother and Fear decides to walk away.
    Manipulators are sneakier in that sense when compared to honest people. If I had to prefer one, I'd always choose the honesty over manipulation, as it's a universally acknowledged virtue. Even in manga world, it's the anti-heroes or villains that use manipulative skills in an extended manner

When I'm not speaking, my state of sincerity cannot possibly be known, just like the Schrödinger's cat experiment

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good analogy.
    I believe Hope and Love to be brothers. Hope then gives birth to Fear. Fear grows up and proceeds to kill his mother, Hope.
    He can't make peace with his Uncle Love, nor he can erase his existence. In the end, if Love proves to be strong enough, he resurrects his late brother and Fear decides to walk away.
    Manipulators are sneakier in that sense when compared to honest people. If I had to prefer one, I'd always choose the honesty over manipulation, as it's a universally acknowledged virtue. Even in manga world, it's the anti-heroes or villains that use manipulative skills in an extended manner

When I'm not speaking, my state of sincerity cannot possibly be known, just like the Schrödinger's cat experiment
    Good story. I wish you add one more brother there: Faith.

Honesty is indeed a virtue but it doesn't mean people can't manipulate it. Scary, huh?

I see.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Good story. I wish you add one more brother there: Faith.

Honesty is indeed a virtue but it doesn't mean people can't manipulate it. Scary, huh?

I see.
    I just couldn't find a role for Faith. It's tough for me to do. After all, I have it with me everytime for any person by default. Maybe he's the one that never dies, but only ages whenever Fear comes close to successfully going through his plan.
    If Fear kills Love, too, then he'll have to spare the old Faith to share his then lonesome life.
    His role for now is the never-speaking, immortal brother. Like an elderly, distant sibling that you never get to know when he's alive.

Everything can be manipulated. But honesty for me is like a sacred thing that shouldn't be ruined by dirty ways of act (=

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Currently, no idea on that. An incompetent computer engineering student on the verge of graduation. What can I do, I wonder..

Not necessarily a great year. You're left out of those little conversations. "How great was it again to be a kid in 80s" stuff is quite popular here.

If I really see someone as my enemy, I generally one-shot them, so, no worries
    Do what makes you happy.

The 90s was the best decade for us Americans. Many of us agree on this. Mainly the 90s kids and 90s teens.

SUUUURE.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Do what makes you happy.

The 90s was the best decade for us Americans. Many of us agree on this. Mainly the 90s kids and 90s teens.

SUUUURE.
    And be happy with what you make.
    I don't know if here it was good to be a kid in 90s. I really didn't do much of a thing that a normal kid would do. I read books, watched TV, started to go to school and there we go, 2000s arrived.
    That didn't really change anything about my lifesytle, but that's an entirely different issue (=

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Create a time machine, and send the kid version of yourself to America.

Awesome TV shows, good music, great video games, awesome toys, etcetc. It was a great decade for us all. Rugrats, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Bad Boys, Clueless, etc etc made childhood good.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I would then go find Nikola Tesla to be his assistant, if possible

Rugrats and Pokemon were here in 2000s. Not a big fan of Rugrats, but Pokemon was great.

Didn't listen to any piece of those music, though. Too modern for me to enjoy.
    Instead, I read a Dostoyevski novel as a kid, and barely got what it was about. It should have normally ruined my reading habit, but instead, it fueled my will to read.
    Life is always interesting, sometimes mesmerizing.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead, I read a Dostoyevski novel as a kid, and barely got what it was about. It should have normally ruined my reading habit, but instead, it fueled my will to read.
    Life is always interesting, sometimes mesmerizing.
    What's your favorite books from Dostoyevski? Besides the Brothers Karamazov?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    What's your favorite books from Dostoyevski? Besides the Brothers Karamazov?
    It must be the Idiot. The Insulted and Humiliated would rank second to it, and Crime and Punishment would come afterwards.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast