Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 2003

Thread: Since I'm not popular, I will try to smile at my own

  1. #46
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I just couldn't find a role for Faith. It's tough for me to do. After all, I have it with me everytime for any person by default. Maybe he's the one that never dies, but only ages whenever Fear comes close to successfully going through his plan.
    If Fear kills Love, too, then he'll have to spare the old Faith to share his then lonesome life.
    His role for now is the never-speaking, immortal brother. Like an elderly, distant sibling that you never get to know when he's alive.

    Everything can be manipulated. But honesty for me is like a sacred thing that shouldn't be ruined by dirty ways of act (=
    I don't think he never speaks. He may speak very little but when he speaks, he speaks nothing but truth. He's always there but not everyone notices him. I do agree that Fear cannot shake him, but Doubt certainly can.

    Well, I agree though to manipulate truth is certainly hard. Not everyone can do it.

    ---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Instead, I read a Dostoyevski novel as a kid, and barely got what it was about. It should have normally ruined my reading habit, but instead, it fueled my will to read.
    Life is always interesting, sometimes mesmerizing.
    You read Dostoyevski as a kid? *amazed*
    I want to agree with your last sentence, but in my opinion, I just have to add "Life is interesting when we look back at it." Life doesn't always seem interesting when we're actually going through it. But that's just my opinion.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #47
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I don't think he never speaks. He may speak very little but when he speaks, he speaks nothing but truth. He's always there but not everyone notices him. I do agree that Fear cannot shake him, but Doubt certainly can.

    Well, I agree though to manipulate truth is certainly hard. Not everyone can do it.
    I don't know. They are too intertwined to separate. Maybe it is what it is and we are supposed to live through that this way. No matter how I look at all these stuff, I'm surely positive that giving in to Doubt is accepting a certain degree of failure.
    I'd rather stay as a naive optimist (=

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    You read Dostoyevski as a kid? *amazed*
    I want to agree with your last sentence, but in my opinion, I just have to add "Life is interesting when we look back at it." Life doesn't always seem interesting when we're actually going through it. But that's just my opinion.
    To read my second Dostoyevsky novel, I decided to wait for a couple of years, though
    It's because when we aren't looking back at it, we are most likely unable to see what is present there at that very moment. Truth be told, I have developed an interest to this nonchalant feeling to the present moment by time.
    It seems to me this was my way of clinging to the life

  4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #48
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    My Castle
    Country
    Winterfell
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't know. They are too intertwined to separate. Maybe it is what it is and we are supposed to live through that this way. No matter how I look at all these stuff, I'm surely positive that giving in to Doubt is accepting a certain degree of failure.
    I'd rather stay as a naive optimist (=
    To be honest, I think Doubt is more dangerous than Fear. It can make you lose your way.
    Ah, I see. But I don't think you're naive. Optimistic, yes. But not naive. I think you know too much to be a naive person.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    To read my second Dostoyevsky novel, I decided to wait for a couple of years, though
    It's because when we aren't looking back at it, we are most likely unable to see what is present there at that very moment. Truth be told, I have developed an interest to this nonchalant feeling to the present moment by time.
    It seems to me this was my way of clinging to the life
    Still. I think his books is not that easy to read. The only Russian whose works I've read is Chekov.
    I'm someone who lives for the present but adores the past (I love history). I guess it's because I've known regret, so I try to enjoy the moment to its fullest. But it's a rather heavy burden, you can't see everything from where you're standing. You can move around only when the moment has passed, so I guess that's why people tend to overlook what is present at the moment. It's easier to take something for granted, no?

  6. #49
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    To be honest, I think Doubt is more dangerous than Fear. It can make you lose your way.
    Ah, I see. But I don't think you're naive. Optimistic, yes. But not naive. I think you know too much to be a naive person.
    It really is. You can embrace Fear and go on with your path. Doubt is something you certainly have to erase to be able to continue.
    Good observation. I tried to become a true evil for years that cares about nothing, then gave up and tried to be naive to love everything, and in the end, here I am, stuck between the two

    Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    Still. I think his books is not that easy to read. The only Russian whose works I've read is Chekov.
    I'm someone who lives for the present but adores the past (I love history). I guess it's because I've known regret, so I try to enjoy the moment to its fullest. But it's a rather heavy burden, you can't see everything from where you're standing. You can move around only when the moment has passed, so I guess that's why people tend to overlook what is present at the moment. It's easier to take something for granted, no?
    You may try Turgenev's Fathers and Sons. That wasn't that tough to read. And Quiet Flows the Don of Sholokhov is also great, but that's a bit tough (=
    Shame I can't be like that. That's a good thing, enjoying the moment, I mean. It helps you love the life you have. For others like me, it's like trying to take a step forward and turn back around to see what is behind at the same moment. You twist your mind. With every new twist, your sight weakens, to the degree that you neither sense what is behind nor have an idea what is ahead. Dizziness is what you have left with in present.
    Taking things for granted is indeed easy, but taking everything for granted is void and agony itself.

    Speaking of books, I strongly recommend everyone to read Kazantzakis' Zorba the Greek

  7. #50
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    What's your favorite Pokemon season?

  8. #51
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Tough to tell.
    To begin with, not all seasons were aired here, only a couple, and also, I don't remember a notion about seasons.
    I checked a couple of episodes, though, and decided that it should be season 3.

  9. #52
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Haku - hows things going?


  10. #53
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Why season 3? What is wrong with you?

  11. #54
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Haku - hows things going?
    Let me see.
    I have an ongoing graduation project which isn't immune to failure at this point, so, it's a bit nervy.
    Since I started to develop a habit of sleeping earlier, I can't watch NBA games anymore, so, it's a bit dull. And sleepy, after getting up so early.
    On top of all that, a sense of serenity is present.

    ---------- Post added at 02:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

    @M3J
    What's wrong with that, I don't even have any idea

  12. #55
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself





    good luck ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <3


  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #56
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post




    good luck ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ <3
    Thank you, sir. It is indeed needed at this point (=

  15. #57
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Thank you, sir. It is indeed needed at this point (=

    Yup, np - but it will be all worth it once its over and you can relax.


  16. #58
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Season 3 isn't as good as season 1. You're such a newb.

  17. #59
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Zaphkiel
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yup, np - but it will be all worth it once its over and you can relax.
    I keep up the hopes driven by this thought exactly : )

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  19. #60
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: A very cool thread title about myself

    BONJOU

    ---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

    BONJOUR*

    ---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

    PALECKI

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts