Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Since I'm not popular, I will try to smile at my own

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A very cool thread title about myself

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Exactly.
    Ah, never met a true evil in my life. Only befriended a couple of people that turns the evil's red aura once in a while.
    But I have to say I really admired you for going as far as "terror". That's some feat now
    I won't say I'm a true evil. I'm not that far into the darkness.
    I guess my friends exaggerate my reputation. I can be cruel sometimes, but I still wonder why I can be a terror. Maybe it's just because no one has been able to make me submit, but I guess if someone with more fearsome personality exists here, I won't be known as the most evil person around.

My reading taste is a mess at times, so, it's wise to stay away from my opinions, anyway
    So, can you keep the things always in check retrospectively? I generally overdo it whenever I try.
    Ah, at least I know who to ask when I need to know about Russian.
    Not really. Sometimes if I just explode in anger, I will say hurtful things (and yeah, me being a brutally honest person, my words are like daggers) without caring, which I will only regret later after I reflect on myself. I can't take back my words. They would have hurt the person already and what if those words are the very last thing you say to him/her?
    But thankfully, I'm generally a phlegmatic, so I stay away from conflict as far away as possible. I try to constrain myself. It's not easy; I even cry sometimes from swallowing all the anger, but after that, I'll be thankful that I don't make things worse, so I guess it's worth it. I also try to see things from many perspectives-I try to stand on other people's shoes-so it won't be that hard for me to stop my ego from overcoming me.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yukihime03 View Post
    I won't say I'm a true evil. I'm not that far into the darkness.
    I guess my friends exaggerate my reputation. I can be cruel sometimes, but I still wonder why I can be a terror. Maybe it's just because no one has been able to make me submit, but I guess if someone with more fearsome personality exists here, I won't be known as the most evil person around.
    I don't know, they may going by looks or little instances of those cruelty in judging.
    So mature for his age they say of me. It gets annoying sometimes when I know I'm always expected to act rationally.

Ah, at least I know who to ask when I need to know about Russian.
    Not really. Sometimes if I just explode in anger, I will say hurtful things (and yeah, me being a brutally honest person, my words are like daggers) without caring, which I will only regret later after I reflect on myself. I can't take back my words. They would have hurt the person already and what if those words are the very last thing you say to him/her?
    But thankfully, I'm generally a phlegmatic, so I stay away from conflict as far away as possible. I try to constrain myself. It's not easy; I even cry sometimes from swallowing all the anger, but after that, I'll be thankful that I don't make things worse, so I guess it's worth it. I also try to see things from many perspectives-I try to stand on other people's shoes-so it won't be that hard for me to stop my ego from overcoming me.
    I'm sure there are many more people out there with multiple times the literature knowledge of me, but still, feel free to
    Occasionally short-tempered, generally dependable character with empathy and self-control.
    I suppose you will not have too many mental problems down the road

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, they may going by looks or little instances of those cruelty in judging.
    So mature for his age they say of me. It gets annoying sometimes when I know I'm always expected to act rationally.
    Certainly not my looks. I don't look evil.
    People always have expectations, don't they? You shouldn't be too bothered by it. I used to bother, but I just disappointed myself in the end.

I'm sure there are many more people out there with multiple times the literature knowledge of me, but still, feel free to
    Occasionally short-tempered, generally dependable character with empathy and self-control.
    I suppose you will not have too many mental problems down the road
    But you're the second person who read Russian literature that I know.
    I hope so. The road is still far ahead though... Who knows if I can turn to be a second Darth Vader...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly not my looks. I don't look evil.
    People always have expectations, don't they? You shouldn't be too bothered by it. I used to bother, but I just disappointed myself in the end.
    I see. Evil look isn't something commonly found, either. There is no need to be disappointed
    If they let me be myself, I'm not too bothered, but generally, they constantly pick up the topic and the situation deteriorates.

But you're the second person who read Russian literature that I know.
    I hope so. The road is still far ahead though... Who knows if I can turn to be a second Darth Vader...
    I was going to say "Oh, just two?" or something like that when I realized I know zero people reading Russian literature. Poor me
    That wouldn't be too bad. You'd be feared, respected, have a cool appearance and in the end, there is redemption waiting for you
    Just don't imitate his hoarse voice, of course

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

It must be the Idiot. The Insulted and Humiliated would rank second to it, and Crime and Punishment would come afterwards.
    Ah, so you're a huge fan of him. I started reading it when I was in my teenage years too, and I enjoyed it profoundly. Do you read any Japanese literature?

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Ah, so you're a huge fan of him. I started reading it when I was in my teenage years too, and I enjoyed it profoundly. Do you read any Japanese literature?
    I guess I'm a fan, yes (=
    No, never read anything related to Japanese literature. But now that you mentioned about it, I wonder if I can access any sorts of related material here in Turkey.
    eBay and the like are possible options, of course. I can't see any other plausible method for the time being.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. Evil look isn't something commonly found, either. There is no need to be disappointed
    If they let me be myself, I'm not too bothered, but generally, they constantly pick up the topic and the situation deteriorates.
    I'm not disappointed. I'm rather glad with how I look now.
    When they do, just think again about what matters most to you. It might help.

I was going to say "Oh, just two?" or something like that when I realized I know zero people reading Russian literature. Poor me
    That wouldn't be too bad. You'd be feared, respected, have a cool appearance and in the end, there is redemption waiting for you
    Just don't imitate his hoarse voice, of course
    Well.. Even the first person I know was a Russian herself, but we kinda lost contact with each other. But yeah, not many people read Russian literature.
    I guess it's not that bad, but I just wish I don't have too fearsome a reputation. It can be a hindrance sometimes.
    Nah, I'll just keep humming Imperial March wherever I go.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I guess I'm a fan, yes (=
    No, never read anything related to Japanese literature. But now that you mentioned about it, I wonder if I can access any sorts of related material here in Turkey.
    eBay and the like are possible options, of course. I can't see any other plausible method for the time being.
    The most famous is the Tale of Hikaru Genji, so I don't think it will be that hard to find. I don't know about others though.
    I recommend you to look for Hyakunin Isshu (One Hundred Poems) if you're interested to know more of Japanese literature someday.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question.
    It's a tough call, as always. Nagato from Naruto and Seishin Muroi from Shiki.
    Various other characters pop up in my mind, but I picked these two.
    I figured you liked Nagato due to your avatar. However often a line is drawn between "Pain" and "Nagato". So you like him in his entirety? Pain was a beastly character, but I didn't like him as much as Nagato.

I'm also curious what you think about Kishi's absolute trashing of Nagato's character. I'm of course aiming at his entire power being borrowed.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not disappointed. I'm rather glad with how I look now.
    When they do, just think again about what matters most to you. It might help.
    Good old idea that generally works, but from time to time, I can't recall that important thing.

Well.. Even the first person I know was a Russian herself, but we kinda lost contact with each other. But yeah, not many people read Russian literature.
    I guess it's not that bad, but I just wish I don't have too fearsome a reputation. It can be a hindrance sometimes.
    Nah, I'll just keep humming Imperial March wherever I go.
    I thought since they have well-known authors, there would be a lot of people reading Russian (=
    Now, if you can imitate Yoda English, too, that would be even more awesome

The most famous is the Tale of Hikaru Genji, so I don't think it will be that hard to find. I don't know about others though.
    I recommend you to look for Hyakunin Isshu (One Hundred Poems) if you're interested to know more of Japanese literature someday.
    All right.. Noting down so that I can look for them. I have couple of friends interested in Japanese culture deeply, so, they may help (=
    Thank you!

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I figured you liked Nagato due to your avatar. However often a line is drawn between "Pain" and "Nagato". So you like him in his entirety? Pain was a beastly character, but I didn't like him as much as Nagato.

I'm also curious what you think about Kishi's absolute trashing of Nagato's character. I'm of course aiming at his entire power being borrowed.
    I like Nagato more than Pain. Pain was a shell of the man Nagato once was. Nagato was a caring guy who had people to protect, and an ideal to go after. Pain, in the end, lost it all, along with his essence. He was therefore emptied.

Yes, the nonsense of implanted Rinnegan. He was supposed to be, and in the end became one of the Children of the Prophecy, so, pulling out such a trick really tramped on the entire beauty of the story.
    Because Rikudo Sennin was a legendary figure, the story, for me, had to include his reincarnation at some point, but with this info revealed, the legacy of Rikudo Sennin is cast aside, too. Rinnegan lost its splendor, as well.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the coherence of the history in Naruto has been shattered when Rinnegan was revealed to be a mere implantation.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Nagato more than Pain. Pain was a shell of the man Nagato once was. Nagato was a caring guy who had people to protect, and an ideal to go after. Pain, in the end, lost it all, along with his essence. He was therefore emptied.

Yes, the nonsense of implanted Rinnegan. He was supposed to be, and in the end became one of the Children of the Prophecy, so, pulling out such a trick really tramped on the entire beauty of the story.
    Because Rikudo Sennin was a legendary figure, the story, for me, had to include his reincarnation at some point, but with this info revealed, the legacy of Rikudo Sennin is cast aside, too. Rinnegan lost its splendor, as well.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but the coherence of the history in Naruto has been shattered when Rinnegan was revealed to be a mere implantation.
    That ties directly to the Uchiha vs Senju plot becoming too important, and the Rikudou Sennin plot "needing" to tie into the Uchiha vs Senju plot. I have always said that I preferred the Rinnegan to be a mere freak mutation, and thus legendary. It was cool that a nobody got it in a minor village, and became someone amazing. Instead Kishi had to cheapen it all by first making Nagato Uzumaki, and then the nonsense implant, thus trashing his entire legacy. In the end he was played from he was a kid. And you are right, it totally trashed the prophecy part as well.

I preferred Pain-Nagato. He was by far the best villain in Naruto, and I loved the story when you knew shit was going down when he got serious. When Jiraiya invaded Amegakure, you knew he was as good as dead because Pain had received massive build up as the ultimate badass. When it on top of that was revealed that he had the ultimate doujutsu, things got interesting. I kind of liked Tobi too, but I would have preferred if Nagato stayed evil in the twisted and realistic way he was, and in the end ended up betraying Tobi, thus adding additional tension to the story. I was extremely disappointed when he was so short-lived. In the end Nagato had a far better story than Obito had, and his fall is more realistic and understandable by a landslide. The failure in maintaining real villains is a major turn off for many Naruto fans. It's a reason people preferred the old Akatsuki/Pain plot. I liked Tobi, but I can't even look at him after he took his mask off. Madara is an extremely cheaply put in villain too. When people are screaming for an ass-pull snake and Uchiha brat to take over the villain roles, you know things have gone bad.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    That ties directly to the Uchiha vs Senju plot becoming too important, and the Rikudou Sennin plot "needing" to tie into the Uchiha vs Senju plot. I have always said that I preferred the Rinnegan to be a mere freak mutation, and thus legendary. It was cool that a nobody got it in a minor village, and became someone amazing. Instead Kishi had to cheapen it all by first making Nagato Uzumaki, and then the nonsense implant, thus trashing his entire legacy. In the end he was played from he was a kid. And you are right, it totally trashed the prophecy part as well.

I preferred Pain-Nagato. He was by far the best villain in Naruto, and I loved the story when you knew shit was going down when he got serious. When Jiraiya invaded Amegakure, you knew he was as good as dead because Pain had received massive build up as the ultimate badass. When it on top of that was revealed that he had the ultimate doujutsu, things got interesting. I kind of liked Tobi too, but I would have preferred if Nagato stayed evil in the twisted and realistic way he was, and in the end ended up betraying Tobi, thus adding additional tension to the story. I was extremely disappointed when he was so short-lived. In the end Nagato had a far better story than Obito had, and his fall is more realistic and understandable by a landslide. The failure in maintaining real villains is a major turn off for many Naruto fans. It's a reason people preferred the old Akatsuki/Pain plot. I liked Tobi, but I can't even look at him after he took his mask off. Madara is an extremely cheaply put in villain too. When people are screaming for an ass-pull snake and Uchiha brat to take over the villain roles, you know things have gone bad.
    I agree. A mere Ame orphan awakening a legendary doujutsu, unrelated to what he inherited genetically (an Uchiha awakening Sharingan is hardly the greatest surprise we can get). Even if the implantation was acceptable, there is no telling of how Madara gave the eyes to Nagato. Wasn't he said to be on the verge of death when he awakened the doujutsu? It has been bypassed as a side story. The entire plot revolving around Nagato was trashed when the Uchiha & Senju connection overwhelmed everything else once again.

Pain-Nagato was indeed going to betray Tobi. He would never accept the concept of an ultimate, everlasting genjutsu casting as the final step. But apparently, there needed to be a sacrifice for Naruto, and it ended up being Nagato.
    I'm not saying his redemption was trash. But I have said it countless times up to now and will say it again. Sacrificing himself to revive back those he killed was nonsense. He himself told Naruto about what war really is and what he will face down the road. Why did he choose to relieve his pain at that moment, when clearly he wouldn't be there to do it even once again in the future? His role could have gone on, but he considered himself as done and made a meaningless move.

Villains..
    Tobi, once after revealed as Obito, is no longer a villain. Everyone is waiting for the moment talk no jutsu takes over him and he's done. Madara is too arrogant for a man of his power. He's so consumed with the power he has right now that he is more of a posing model than a villain.
    Sasuke is a kid. Give him every existing jutsu in the world as power-up, he still has no clue what to do, where to go, who to trust or listen. He is at best a nice litle sidekick for a villain.
    Orochimaru can take over the role. But for that to happen, he should finally show something else, instead of blabbering on about "that young Uchiha body".
    Truth be told, after Part I Orochimaru and the introduction of Pain, we ended up with "Nobody is evil, they just had to go through traumatic events. If you happily hug them until they are suffocated, they will entrust you with some unrealistic task and pass away".
    That's why, dare I say it, Orochimaru will go visit Tsunade, have a redemption moment, and be appointed by Tsunade as the Sixth Hokage in her dying wish, entrusted with Will of Fire. Such level of absurdness is achievable with the current direction we are headed in.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Madara giving Nagato the Rinnegan at such an old age is a serious history failure on Kishi's part. He was basically dying (you see he looks just as old as in the flashbacks), yet he managed to travel to Amegakure, find this random Uzumaki boy and give them to him without said boy even noticing, not to mention his parents! Ridiculous.

Yup, Nagato's nuclear plan wasn't a lie. He already lied about the plans once to the Akatsuki members, but his explanation to Naruto was real. Considering his God complex he likely believed he could take out Tobi easily once he had no more use of him. And yeah, his sacrifice was pretty stupid. Considering his character I guess he believed he deserved to die, even so the change was too drastic, contradictory and fast.

I'm not sure what on earth Orochimaru is doing. He's too weak to become the big bad. The only way he could become awesome would be to take over Sasuke, recreating the Sasuke-Snake hybrid, but with EMS to boot. Still there's no way Kishi will do that to Sasuke, so I don't know what he'll do. I'm still feeling sorry for how cheaply Kabuto was killed off. You really stand no chance when your opponent is your own mangaka pulling ridiculous moves out of his ass.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Implanting the eyes on a random guy is on itself a failure. I mean, from where Madara had the idea that the chosen kid would be manipulated by Obito into his path is a mystery. He basically rolled a dice. He dragged his dying foot with him to use a fuuinjutsu on a little kid, granting him the greatest single power in history, hoping he would one day revive him. Yeah, great plan.

If he was redeemed, he was supposed to go there and kill Obito and end the war before it even began. Suicidal move was nonsense. It's the way Jiraiya handled the situation with Nagato. He went on and on about how Nagato deviated from the path of truth, yet, I wonder if he ever realized it was his mistake in leaving a teenager kid with Rinnegan to himself, open to manipulation. Yeah, actually he did. I failed to protect my student..

I don't know, but, for sure, he isn't helping out Sasuke just out of sympathy. And who knows, maybe Kabuto will make a late return. I wish he does, acknowledging his mistakes and himself. If everyone is so easily redeemed out of evil perspectives, let Kabuto achieve it, too.
    The reason everybody is counting on Orochimaru and Sasuke is because there are no other cards to play. If they don't bring along something exciting, this story is like a dead horse at the moment.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

It's simple, the whole "Rinnegan was Madara's" tie in was a major and fail ass pull. It's almost painfully obvious, unless Kishi had it planned out from the start and is just that poor at executing his ideas.

I really do wonder what on earth Sasuke and Oro are up to. If their intervenance turns out being a major disappointment I'll be truly... disappointed.

Have you posted a lot in Naruto before being modded? I can't recall seeing you there that much

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Good old idea that generally works, but from time to time, I can't recall that important thing.
    Well, that's the hardships of life. Everyone goes through it. Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't become swallowed by the darkness later...

I thought since they have well-known authors, there would be a lot of people reading Russian (=
    Now, if you can imitate Yoda English, too, that would be even more awesome
    I think Russian composers are more famous than the authors.
    Awesome, Yoda is. Difficult to speak like him, is it, but try, I shall.

Thread Closed
Page 6 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast