Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 122 Discussion/123 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Tower of God Tower of God Chapter 122 Discussion/123 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

• *Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out.
    • Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 122 Discussion/123 Predictions

4. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Some background that's great... that damn rabbit like guardin saved him? Mmmh interesting. Can't wait for the translation
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Horyang and Cassano are living ignition weapons.
    They were abandoned in the middle area as a baby.
    Horyang followed Viole to see if Viole is the same as he is.
    Since Horyang's about to leave, he's going to check.
    He asks Viole to show the thing.

from batoto's LaFa

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Waa *slurp* itshere itshere itshere SCANLATION!!! haa haa

Hmm, the true enigma (Headon) appears... and Viole vs Horyang, nice!
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. So Horyang was the real "Devil of the Right Arm," but the "Devil of the Right Arm" that we know is actually Cassano who has been claiming that he was the "Devil of the Right Arm" to gain Horyang's attention.

So they are living ignition weapons... Horyang on his right, and Cassano on his left.
    That blue thing... I guess that's the special shinsoo? or maybe a shinheuh?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

"God of LOL" true to his username's meaning on batoto, I laughed like crazy after reading what he wrote...

H ==> Hatsu
    C ==> Cassano

Quote Originally Posted by God of LOL
    ...Perhaps that's why Hatsu lost. He had a mindf*ck.
    H: "Wait. You are the devil of the right hand."
    C: "Yes."
    H: "Yet you have the devil in your left hand."
    C: "Ahah."
    H: "..."
    ---
    Doctor: "It appears that Mr. Hatsu here suffered a serious mindf*ck."
    Anak: "So it seems."
    Now we know why Hatsu lost...
    Last edited by Monsterguy; December 09, 2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think that I'd see a PS3 in ToG. :P

Quite a good looking chapter, especially how the whole treatment thing was explained.

I don't read Korean, but it seems to imply that the "treatment" was only originally going to be given to Cassano, but then when Cassano was upset, the nurse agreed to give it to Horyang as well. I wonder if that means that they had thought that Horyang had failed. I could be completely wrong, however. :P

I found it interesting that the dots on Horyang's suit separate and seem to channel the power of the Right Arm of the Devil.

This "living ignition weapon" thing is quite curious. I want to say that there should be some adverse effects to having special shinsoo or a shinhueh implanted into you. Assuming that Baam's "lobster" is a living ignition weapon as well, maybe there aren't any adverse effects, as we haven't seen any. Baam already had amazing shinsoo resistance (but that could be from being Zahard's son, if he is, or some other thing such as being a creation of Macseth, or some unexplained thing), and having a living ignition weapon should even grant you more, so that should mean that you have more resistance, but perhaps not as once Baam tricked Horyang, he easily blasted him backwards. Viole couldn't directly penetrate Horyang's "shield" with a normal attack, although we don't know how hard he was trying as he wasn't even using the FUG basic tech (HwaJeopGongPaSool, I think). I wonder if this is what SIU meant by Viole using a weapon at a point in the future. I would've preferred to see him have Black March or some useful weapon gained in the Gongbang, but we'll see. This is probably the most curious I've been after a raw's been released in a long while.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    I didn't think that I'd see a PS3 in ToG. :P

Quite a good looking chapter, especially how the whole treatment thing was explained.

I don't read Korean, but it seems to imply that the "treatment" was only originally going to be given to Cassano, but then when Cassano was upset, the nurse agreed to give it to Horyang as well. I wonder if that means that they had thought that Horyang had failed. I could be completely wrong, however. :P

I found it interesting that the dots on Horyang's suit separate and seem to channel the power of the Right Arm of the Devil.

This "living ignition weapon" thing is quite curious. I want to say that there should be some adverse effects to having special shinsoo or a shinhueh implanted into you. Assuming that Baam's "lobster" is a living ignition weapon as well, maybe there aren't any adverse effects, as we haven't seen any. Baam already had amazing shinsoo resistance (but that could be from being Zahard's son, if he is, or some other thing such as being a creation of Macseth, or some unexplained thing), and having a living ignition weapon should even grant you more, so that should mean that you have more resistance, but perhaps not as once Baam tricked Horyang, he easily blasted him backwards. Viole couldn't directly penetrate Horyang's "shield" with a normal attack, although we don't know how hard he was trying as he wasn't even using the FUG basic tech (HwaJeopGongPaSool, I think). I wonder if this is what SIU meant by Viole using a weapon at a point in the future. I would've preferred to see him have Black March or some useful weapon gained in the Gongbang, but we'll see. This is probably the most curious I've been after a raw's been released in a long while.
    Well we had a wii a while back so it's not that much of a surprise

Think I'll wait until a full translation is released before reaching any conclusions, but I wonder who that nurse is, she seems important.

There have been theories on Batoto about Baam being an ignition weapon himself, possibly the colourless December (or based on SIU's afterwords from this chapter, the undecember). The theory seemed crazy before this chapter, don't know what to think anymore. The lobster could certainly be an ignition weapon which was implanted in him, when Horyang tells his story, it cuts to Viole as though he went through a similar procedure. It would make a lot of sense tbh, the last thing FUG wants is for Baam to get killed, so what better way to prevent that from happening than giving him a powerful ignite weapon which can heal him. It's curious why it didn't activate in the fight against Urek though, maybe he can negate ignite weapons by being an irregular or something.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Well we had a wii a while back so it's not that much of a surprise

Think I'll wait until a full translation is released before reaching any conclusions, but I wonder who that nurse is, she seems important.

There have been theories on Batoto about Baam being an ignition weapon himself, possibly the colourless December (or based on SIU's afterwords from this chapter, the undecember). The theory seemed crazy before this chapter, don't know what to think anymore. The lobster could certainly be an ignition weapon which was implanted in him, when Horyang tells his story, it cuts to Viole as though he went through a similar procedure. It would make a lot of sense tbh, the last thing FUG wants is for Baam to get killed, so what better way to prevent that from happening than giving him a powerful ignite weapon which can heal him. It's curious why it didn't activate in the fight against Urek though, maybe he can negate ignite weapons by being an irregular or something.
    We had a Wii? I must have forgotten.

The nurse seemed important to whatever those plans are, so I'm sure that we'll learn either in this chapter or the next few.

I have yet to see the afterword for this chapter yet, so we'll see. I do know that last chapter's afterword said that the lobster was connected to the Devil, which means that it almost certainly is an ignition weapon as well. It would be interesting if it was the Undecember and it would make sense that FUG would implant an ignition weapon inside him that would heal him. Well, in the fight against Urek, even though Baam was protecting Miseng, he was massively outclassed, so I see it as it not activating to save Baam's life. If the lobster healed Baam, Urek would take him more seriously and possibly kill him, but by lying there, Urek would have no further interest in him. That, of course, assumes that ignition weapons have sentience, but we already know that the 13 Month Series are intelligent, so it stands to reason that other ignition weapons could be as well, such as Arie Hon's White Oar, the strongest weapon in the Tower.
    Last edited by FrostyMouse; December 09, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    We had a Wii? I must have forgotten.

The nurse seemed important to whatever those plans are, so I'm sure that we'll learn either in this chapter or the next few.

I have yet to see the afterword for this chapter yet, so we'll see. I do know that last chapter's afterword said that the lobster was connected to the Devil, which means that it almost certainly is an ignition weapon as well. It would be interesting if it was the Undecember and it would make sense that FUG would implant an ignition weapon inside him that would heal him. Well, in the fight against Urek, even though Baam was protecting Miseng, he was massively outclassed, so I see it as it not activating to save Baam's life. If the lobster healed Baam, Urek would take him more seriously and possibly kill him, but by lying there, Urek would have no further interest in him. That, of course, assumes that ignition weapons have sentience, but we already know that the 13 Month Series are intelligent, so it stands to reason that other ignition weapons could be as well, such as Arie Hon's White Oar, the strongest weapon in the Tower.
    Yeah, think it was just before the last timeskip

That's possible but the lobster had no guarantee that Urek would leave Baam alone, for all it knew, Urek could have dealt the finishing blow anyway but by healing Baam, it could have made Urek interested in him and thus letting him live. But who knows, could have simply been for plot purposes, to show that Urek isn't such a bad guy, and also to make Baam risking his life more significant (wouldn't have been as courageous if he saved Miseng knowing that he was practically immortal thanks to the lobster)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hestia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

18. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Teacher Sophia is Emile, calling it now

Reading the chapter, it seems even more likely that FUG performed a similar procedure on Baam, wonder what this "demon" is. Maybe the experiments were even set up by FUG - to prepare an ignite weapon for when their irregular enters the tower.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

This is... interesting. And intense chapter to say the least.
    Even if Baam is not an ignition weapon, we have to consider that He is a living weapon anyway. He was made for something, that much can be assured. Right now everything is enveloped with a some sort of confusing truth about everything which makes me think we're just scrapping the surface of a deeper plot.

Loving this. <3
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hestia's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    This is... interesting. And intense chapter to say the least.
    Even if Baam is not an ignition weapon, we have to consider that He is a living weapon anyway. He was made for something, that much can be assured. Right now everything is enveloped with a some sort of confusing truth about everything which makes me think we're just scrapping the surface of a deeper plot.

Loving this. <3
    Maybe Viole is a compression weapon, just a thought.
    I can tell we are going to see that lizard man with the eyes on his head again. He'll be an antagonist.

22. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast