Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 98

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

  1. #46
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Using the 'X ball = X times as fast theory', Let's just say a normal rally is 100km/h and each X-ball is a linear multiplier.

    We know Kintaro's limit is 8 ball and Oni can do 10, so Oni can hit 1000 km/h and Kintaro can hit 800km/h.

    First of all how does Kintaro even return a 10 ball given it's significantly faster than his maximum speed? Shouldn't he just miss the ball because it's faster? Okay let's say being slower means he can only return first 8 balls and can't keep up with the last 2 rallies, but there's a very easy way to handle it. Just do a drop shot or a lob or anything that alters the speed of the last rally. The other guy cannot make the ball drop faster and since all these characters are already insanely fast, clearly Kintaro have more than enough time to recover while Oni is waiting for the ball to drop. Sure this might get him into trouble in other ways but given the 10-ball is supposed to 'embrace an eternal slumber', which is pretty serious predicament even for POT, he should definitely take his chances with even a lob compared to 'eternal slumber' which is clearly what happens if you fail to return the 10-ball.

    By the way I'm not attempting to explain HOW to do the X ball. I'm saying its effectiveness in the world of POT can be likened to quantum mechanics, that it's a shot where you must hit all X balls to return it. Any ball you didn't hit magically becomes the real ball the same way an unobserved photon exists by the fact you didn't observe it, which makes this tech absolutely impossible to counter without the same level X-ball tech. It's also consistent with the coach saying if you can't do 10-ball you cannot beat Tokugawa or Oni, because anything less than 10-ball cannot defend against the 10-ball at all. If 10-ball is just 'hit the ball tens times as fast', we've seen plenty of ways to defend against such speed. Ryoma defended against Sanada's triple speed Fuu quite easily (figured it out in 2 games). Even if he's only at 5-ball level right now, 10-ball is only twice as fast as 5-ball by this scale and it wouldn't even be something he hasn't dealt with before. 10-ball would only be 25% faster than 8-ball level, which is where Kintaro was originally at. Does it really make sense in a series that features all kinds of nonsensical power and yet you can't even overcome a 25% speed advantage?
    Last edited by Phantron; December 03, 2012 at 01:36 AM.

  2. #47
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Well. I can't answer a lot of stuff. But, let's say this. If your running time for marathon or something is 10 hours. And you try to improve it to 8 hours. That'll be hard, assuming you're already trying your best at 10 hours. Probably around the same thing.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

  3. #48
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Where Konomi fucked up is having it confirmed that these guys are still playing with one ball. That one remark was totally unnecessary.

    If you just take that out and assume that Oni is just continuously pulling more balls out of his pocket, this becomes a lot more sensible.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #49
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Where Konomi fucked up is having it confirmed that these guys are still playing with one ball. That one remark was totally unnecessary.

    If you just take that out and assume that Oni is just continuously pulling more balls out of his pocket, this becomes a lot more sensible.
    Honestly if he had done that I'd think people would complain about how that's not crazy enough when you're looking for techs that can top stuff like strip sense, x-ray vision, and moving at the speed of light. The X-ball tech has been hyped as THE ultimate tech more or less since it was introduced. It probably doesn't help that Ryoma and Tokugawa are seem to be hitting 10 balls casually in practice so he's got to do something crazier than merely using 10 balls.

  6. #50
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    To be perfectly honest, splitting one ball into ten is preferable over just playing a match with ten balls at this point. PoT already violated the laws of physics as pointed out, so we can at least try to be somewhat close to actual tennis rules.

    Regarding the speed multiplier theory, if x-1 of the balls are just afterimages, why are they spread out like that?

  7. #51
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    To be perfectly honest, splitting one ball into ten is preferable over just playing a match with ten balls at this point. PoT already violated the laws of physics as pointed out, so we can at least try to be somewhat close to actual tennis rules.

    Regarding the speed multiplier theory, if x-1 of the balls are just afterimages, why are they spread out like that?
    Are you asking that if the speed of the ball is increasing, why are the balls grouped together instead of being hit to the corners?
    If you want an answer, my explanation "tries" to explain it using the ball instability theory.
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  8. #52
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,233
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    Are you asking that if the speed of the ball is increasing, why are the balls grouped together instead of being hit to the corners?
    If you want an answer, my explanation "tries" to explain it using the ball instability theory.
    No, more like, if it's just a normal shot but faster, the afterimages should be in a line following the real one, shouldn't they?

  9. #53
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    No, more like, if it's just a normal shot but faster, the afterimages should be in a line following the real one, shouldn't they?
    Hmm... I guess you could say that the ball is moving so fast that your eyes can't catch up to it so instead of trying to look for the ball, you look at the players when they contact the ball.

    ---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

    When I misinterpreted Kaoz's question, I mentioned that there is a loophole in the speed multplier theory. Although this theory is the one I'm more inclined to agree with, why are they hitting it back to each other that way?

    They aren't even aiming for the corners. If it's a 5 ball rally, they only change the general direction of the balls on the sixth, eleventh and sixteenth shot etc. Why don't they just hit it into the corner on the second shot so you can't catch up to it?
    "Sorry, but I never lose to the same opponent twice." - Fuji

  10. #54
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    No, more like, if it's just a normal shot but faster, the afterimages should be in a line following the real one, shouldn't they?
    Assuming both Kintarou and Oni returned the ball 10 times in the EXACT same way, then you would be right. However, they are spread out because nobody does that. That would be like playing air hockey and both people hitting the puck back and forth straight down the middle without hitting any walls. That would be a straight line. But nobody does that, because they are trying to win.

  11. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    No, more like, if it's just a normal shot but faster, the afterimages should be in a line following the real one, shouldn't they?
    No, because in tennis you don't always hit the ball the exact same way as you just did. A shot directed at the 'left' may be returned to the 'right,' or 'down a straight line.'

    And, like I said, what Konomi is doing here is similar to what fighting manga do when they show characters dealing / being dealt all kinds of impacts and blows from different angles continuously, like in Dragon Ball Z or Saint Seiya. Because it's a manga it may appear that they are all being dealt simultaneously, when in reality they aren't.

  12. #56
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    I hope you didn't think I'd let you get away with that straw man argument and not explain myself. :P

    I assume you were alluding to my theory. I did not mean that Echizen, Sanada, and Kintarou all improved off screen at the same rate (as in, the very moment Echizen is shown to have 10 balls, Sanada and Kintarou magically got it too). My whole premise is that when Echizen was shown to have 10 balls, the very moment Kintarou and Sanada have their respective screentimes, they will also evolve to get 10 balls. Obviously I did not mean the interpretation you assumed, as I would have been wrong instantly, because those three didn't even achieve 5-ball status at the same time. Sanada was last.
    Therefore I wasn't wrong either.
    It's not to say I doubted it. You said I doubted it.
    I said Kintaro will have 10 balls when we see him have 10 balls. I was right.
    I said that he will not improve at the exact same rate as the main character... I was right about that too.

    I said for now, Kintaro does not have 10 balls. This was after Ryoma was shown with it. And I was right. When Ryoma had 10ball against Tokugawa, Tooyama's limit was apparently 8 and he broke it just in the last chapter.

    I don't know how me saying that Kintaro doesn't have 10 until we see him have 10 has been proven wrong here.
    He didn't have 10 til we saw him have 10.
    Akutsu and Sanada might perhaps be different.

    Nothing "straw man" about my argument.

    Tooyama may well be the strongest MSer in the camp right now.
    Tooyama is awesome to watch animated when I think back to his 1-Point match, but I find him extremely boring in the manga.

  13. #57
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Yes, I do not understand this need to explain what which is just Magic. At this point POT characters can compete with X-men in superpower, Niou has been given telepathy already.

  14. #58
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    If we all agree that they are not really playing with 10 balls, then Tooyama probably hasn´t achieved 10 balls...

    Edit: I mean, I know that Konomi wanted to show that he has improved and achieved 10 balls, but he kinda failed if we think that 9 of those 10 balls are fake.
    Last edited by Hardy; December 03, 2012 at 06:14 PM.

  15. #59
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Lets just make this clear, because of one thing we can be sure. They're playing with ten balls using one ball.

    Someone mentioned quantum physics before and I didn't believe it. However, with the above fact in consideration, if we were to attempt to explain what Oni is doing, quantum physics would probably be the closest science involved. I'm not an expert on it, but I once heard that in quantum physics molecules (or electrons, or something, I dunno) can 'exist' and 'not exist' at the same time. So maybe, ten balls exist and don't exist at the same time.

    Fuckit.

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #60
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    Thailand
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    If we all agree that they are not really playing with 10 balls, then Tooyama probably hasn´t achieved 10 balls...

    Edit: I mean, I know that Konomi wanted to show that he has improved and achieved 10 balls, but he kinda failed if we think that 9 of those 10 balls are fake.
    Just because there's no explanation doesn't means it couldn't happen in PoT. Kintarou DOES get ten ball. And they ARE playing with ten balls. The ten balls are real in the sense that Kintarou will lose a point if he doesn't hit them all back.

    We don't know how he do it, and we don't need to know. It's just another crazy PoT technique.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

    If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts