Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 91 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    The ten balls are real in the sense that Kintarou will lose a point if he doesn't hit them all back.
    He could have just hit the last one.

But meh, this one has been a crazy/weird chapter, I'm out of this discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    He could have just hit the last one.

But meh, this one has been a crazy/weird chapter, I'm out of this discussion
    No, look at the probability of hitting it wrong all but last one, as well as all the one before that too. It's way too low. It's all ball that would have score point.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty clear regardless what you think is creating the X-ball mechanism, it takes 10-ball level to return a 10-ball tech. It's flat out stated you must be able to hit 10-ball as well to have a shot a defeating Tokugawa or Oni (who obviously can do 10-ball). I don't see how it can be just a speed thing because we've seen characters overcome tremendously difference in ball speed (Ryoma hit Fuu back which is at least 3 times faster than him against Sanada). It can't be illusion because we know people have been shown the ability to see the 'truth', most notably by Yukimura who apparently can see through any illusion at least in POT.

Quantum mechanics says for sufficiently small objects (photons and so on), the act of observing the particle makes the particle cease to exist, yet the particle existed before you attempt to observe it. Therefore, by attempting to hit the extra balls you make them cease existing, but the balls are real if you do not observe (hit) them.

By no means is this even possible (a tennis ball is a supermassive object compared to a photon) but it's no more crazier than Sanada moving at the speed of light to use Rai (laws of relativity goes out of the window here), or even power shots somehow causing mass to increase given power shots are not fast (first law of thermodynamics goes out of window). This would also mean there is no possible way to hit the 'last' ball because ALL the balls are real if you don't hit it. This also is consistent with the earlier statement that you must have 10-ball to stand a chance against Tokugawa/Oni, namely without being able to do 10-ball yourself, the ball you miss will always be the real ball so you can never stop this tech without having the same 10-ball tech. Yes this creates a problem if you let multiple balls slip through as you'd have extra ball being created out of thin air, but I'm just going to handwave that and I doubt you'll ever see a case where someone use X-ball tech on someone who will miss more than 1 of them anyway, as that'd be way overkill to begin with.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

By the way to be consistent with quantum mechanics then the first 9 balls should've disappeared as Kintaro hit it (they'll cease existing), so it'd be more correct to say the 10-ball borrows the concept of 'everything is real if you don't observe it' from quantum mechanics, which eliminates the possibilty of 'finding the real ball' as a way to return it.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Schrodinger's Cat, a thought experience that is done with objects that are not elementary particles, is probably an easier way to explain the concept used here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat

Basically you can setup a deathtrap device and lock a cat inside it and at some point the cat is both alive and dead and you can't know unless you open the box. Applying this to POT, you can just imagine they use their supernatural power to create a sitation where the ball is both real and fake until you attempt to hit it. Note that nobody is actually sure if this is true in theory (that's why it's a thought experiment). POT is simply taking two concept loosely related from QM, namely:

1. Some things can both exist and not exist at the same time.
    2. The act of observing an object changes its existence.

And using it to create an uber technique that is supposed to be stronger than people moving at the speed of light, or balls spinning in totally impossible ways, and so on.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the point of Aktusku at the U-17 camp? he really think he even stand a chance vs Ryoma ...... he is gonna get beat by Ryoma again

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaibaman View Post
    What's the point of Aktusku at the U-17 camp? he really think he even stand a chance vs Ryoma ...... he is gonna get beat by Ryoma again
    Akutsu went overseas to train. He's probably as good as Ryoma now. Remember, we seen him play with five balls before the mountain training. He's big daddy on the low.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be fair Akutsu has no idea that Ryoma can practice with 10 balls. Presumably the 5-ball was taught to him by Oni (the spectator reaction infers this is the first time some MSer even seen this tech) and he figure that'll be like a trump card for guaranteed win, except he didn't know the best coach in U17 resides on top of a mountain.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone honestly believe Akutsu will actually have a problem with playing against 10-ball? I just don't find that realistic at all. I think it's safe to assume Akutsu will get 10-ball as well.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a chance that Akutsu was about to challenge Ryoga and not Ryoma?

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy View Post
    That'd be the smart thing to do since he's going to lose to either of them anyway, might as well challenge the stronger guy and pull the same thing as Fuji did, 'i.e. I lost to TnK Tezuka but anybody would've lost to him!"

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

By the way, Quantum Mechanics isn't really as far out there as it sounds. A quantum computer, if built, would basically have the equivalent of infinite computing power. This device is definitely theoractically possible. In fact there are people who are trying to figure out build such a thing. It's likely we'll never figure out how to actually construct such a device but such a device can definitely exist.

The 'tap into extra parallel universes and only pick the favorable outcome' concept isn't exactly unheard of. In fact, the way the 10-ball always picks the favorable outcome for the one who used the technique is exactly the same as how a quantum computer, if it exists, can always find the correct parallel universe where it solved the problem in constant time due to sheer luck and then collapse that universe into the one we're in.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post

By the way, Quantum Mechanics isn't really as far out there as it sounds. A quantum computer, if built, would basically have the equivalent of infinite computing power. This device is definitely theoractically possible. In fact there are people who are trying to figure out build such a thing. It's likely we'll never figure out how to actually construct such a device but such a device can definitely exist.

The 'tap into extra parallel universes and only pick the favorable outcome' concept isn't exactly unheard of. In fact, the way the 10-ball always picks the favorable outcome for the one who used the technique is exactly the same as how a quantum computer, if it exists, can always find the correct parallel universe where it solved the problem in constant time due to sheer luck and then collapse that universe into the one we're in.
    Stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy
    Meh, I don't think it will happen but it's possible I guess.
    Last edited by Fayte; December 05, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MBVC's Avatar
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

About quantum computer, I believe D-Wave has created some kind of quasi-quantum machines.

Maybe that was the reason why Ryoga took his racket with him, otherwise what's the usefulness of a racket in the restroom? And who would bring a racket into the restroom?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member TheShiraishi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBVC View Post
    Maybe that was the reason why Ryoga took his racket with him, otherwise what's the usefulness of a racket in the restroom? And who would bring a racket into the restroom?
    In Prince of Tennis, everyone brings their racket to the restroom.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    Meh, I don't think it will happen but it's possible I guess.
    I actually like that idea... a lot more than another Akutsu vs Ryoma.

It would show how Akutsu improved mentally (he won´t be just a guy searching for revenge in a match we all know how it will end against Mr. Plot Power; although he would be challenging one of the top players in the series so far) AND he wouldn´t be playing doubles (like I said 300 times before).

If Akutsu ends up playing against Ryoma... I hope he beats the crap out of him ( I only like underdog Echizen, nowadays even the characters know that he won´t lose, thanks to plot power).
    Last edited by Hardy; December 05, 2012 at 06:47 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu/Ryoma in doubles match would have been a twist. I don't think it's going to happen. But it'll be fun.

I know Ryoma sucks at doubles. But hey, they just have to play "singles" like back then.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Back then they played against a less than prefectural lvl pair...

New Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast