Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noblesse: Chapter 262 Discussion/263 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse: Chapter 262 Discussion/263 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I wouldn't have it any other way.

The way the issues produces such different opinions is great. It's not every day in a comic that the main character dying is not only a possibility but a seemingly unavoidable reality. Especially one as popular as Raizel.
    :P

Yeah, it really is, and it's so unusual. As much as I like Bleach, there are really only three big issues (people are free to debate that, but...), which are Orihime vs Rukia, the Starrk vs Shunsui issue, and the opinions on Grimmjow, none of which are nearly as divisive as the value of humans in Noblesse.

Moreover, I agree that Rai's seemingly impending death provides something very unique. To be honest, I actually question that Rai is truly the main character, as I actually think that Franky's the main character (even though Rai gets the cover and the title page) as while the story revolves around what's happened to Rai, Franky initiates the story and it's in large part due to his research that the Union were able to really get started with their human modification research. The traitors would've attacked Rai regardless of whether or not they had gained Franky's journal (which may or may not have been later on in history, although based on the timeline that we have, it should've been way after the attack on Rai), but I do think that Franky's more important to the story.

Basically, I see Franky as the protagonist and Rai as the deuteragonist, although you could more than easily argue for a reversal in those roles.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

there is no way a main character will just die like that, if you are going to kill rai at least do it in a flashy way. I think this leaves franky no other option but to experiment on rai and potentially sacrifice human in order to cure rai. the problem is that there are 3 more elders going in the investigate I don't think there would be enough time for franky to resuscitate rai or to power up rk-5 b4 the new elders comes.

^bleach suk balls. tite kubo should only be an illustrator, he has a shi*t for a brain when it comes to story telling not to mention inoriginally.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Review is out (here is a link for any who are interested)

The poll is about whether or not you think Raizel will survive the next 50 chapters.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ just read the review pretty good. Made me remember about Mark, my guess is that what he manage to stole is probably Franky's ramen experiments, which he encoded then Crombell would spend time to decode. Then he will send another one of his man to try to get the clue(key) to unlock the secrets of his ramen experiments.

Upon realizing that the mysterious document is in fact secrets of the ultimate ramen, Crombell decided to leave union, to pursue his childhood dream to become an owner of a ramen shop.
    Last edited by joshua019; December 10, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they will ever be modified or anything like that, though contracts with a few clan leaders wouldn't surprise me; but I do believe the time is coming when Raizel won't have enough power to protect what he has come to love and a human, and a friend, will protect what no longer can.

Shin Woo wasn't made such an absurdly strong fighter for no reason.
    yes shinwoo is good fighter but can he beat 1v1
    m21
    tao
    Takeo
    Regis

these 4 r powerful fighter but for defeat stronger opponent they team up
    if u take current shinwoo and take opponent who will come to fight one after other will shinwoo ever be challenge for them
    if u want shinwoo to take part in fight he have to take part in high level experiment , have contract or we find out he is werewolf
    for me shinwoo and other have their role for be friend to rai and not for fighting

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suraj5898 View Post
    yes shinwoo is good fighter but can he beat 1v1
    m21
    tao
    Takeo
    Regis

these 4 r powerful fighter but for defeat stronger opponent they team up
    if u take current shinwoo and take opponent who will come to fight one after other will shinwoo ever be challenge for them
    if u want shinwoo to take part in fight he have to take part in high level experiment , have contract or we find out he is werewolf
    for me shinwoo and other have their role for be friend to rai and not for fighting
    As a vanilla human he wouldn't be able to, because none of those people are, but if they were all regular human beings he might just be able to take them. My point in saying that is that he is as impressive as non-enhanced humans get.

I see Shin Woo as Raizel's successor. Nobles can pass on their soul weapons to the people of their choosing, the previous lord showed this. Humans seem to be able to wield them since that's basically what Franky does. If Raizel were to give the full measure of his power to Shin Woo, presumably to enable him to protect the others, I think he could take any and all of those people you named.(at the same time).

Shin Woo could essentially become a human Noblesse. He wouldn't be as skilled as Raizel, so he wouldn't end up quite as overpowered but his ceiling could be pretty close to Raskeria's.
    Last edited by Jammin; December 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

As a vanilla human he wouldn't be able to, because none of those people are, but if they were all regular human beings he might just be able to take them. My point in saying that is that he is as impressive as non-enhanced humans get.

I see Shin Woo as Raizel's successor. Nobles can pass on their soul weapons to the people of their choosing, the previous lord showed this. Humans seem to be able to wield them since that's basically what Franky does. If Raizel were to give the full measure of his power to Shin Woo, presumably to enable him to protect the others, I think he could take any and all of those people you named.(at the same time).

Shin Woo could essentially become a human Noblesse. He wouldn't be as skilled as Raizel, so he wouldn't end up quite as overpowered but his ceiling could be pretty close to Raskeria's.
    well even if U,ME or SOMEONE ELSE have rai's power we could take any and all of those people i named.(at the same time).
    thing is name i write r not top fighter.rai & co's opponent will be superhuman elder & old clanleader

i will agree with u shinwoo is as impressive as non-enhanced humans can get.but when u have him against enhanced humans and nobles he is side hero/character

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Authors should just kill the childrens as they are nothing more than stress relief, atleast that would save them the trouble of drawing them.

I believe Shinwoo will never be the successor of Rai. Soul Weappns can only be used by those of the bloodline.. (Raizel cant use Ragnarok).
    Also, seeing the burdens carried by the Noblesse and knowing Rai's personality, he wont have a successor in order not to burden anyone else.

Shinwoo's role might increase to certain degree by either forming a contract or modifying his body......but he will NEVER be the Noblesse.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rai would never pass on the title of Noblesse and the burden that comes along with it to a human child. The only way I see Shinwoo being modified is if he's kidnapped by the Union whichi is unlikely at this point in the story or he's seriously injured and is awakened/ contracted by Rai or Seira.

About the 6th elder being skipped over, I think its possible that the 6th isn't a noble and the 5th is being sent to identify the other clan leader involved.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Rai will eventually take his part of the soul weapen the previous leader left for him.
    Then, he will get the other half of the current leader, restoring Rai's life energy. He will be able to defeat the strongest opponent (end boss). Rai will be the new leader and Frankenstein the new noblesse :-p

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Rai would never pass on the title of Noblesse and the burden that comes along with it to a human child.
    What I think as well. Not only to human child, but to whoever that title will be passed on, child or not.

In my opinion, the option of not having the next Noblesse is pretty strong as well. If I remember correctly, a Noblesse's job is to make sure that the nobles are doing good, not abusive of their power and such. At the time such position was.. created(?), there was a need for someone else stronger, higher, outsider to the leader (king/queen) of the nobles. (My memory often fails so better check it out again, lol~) After the events with Raskreia and after the traitors incident, it seems that the nobles are not so wild, and perhaps as they grow stronger and wiser after their (probable) upcoming battle against Union, they may have no need of a Noblesse again.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2