Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

    2 6.06%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

    0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

    14 42.42%
  • 7 (Good)

    10 30.30%
  • 6 (Average)

    4 12.12%
  • 5 (Below Average)

    0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

    1 3.03%
  • 3 (Horrible)

    1 3.03%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

    0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

    1 3.03%
New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 235

Thread: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

  1. #151
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Honestly, there's no reason in even debating what plans are stupid because all the plans they could come up with have slim chances of success. I'm not even gonna delve into why or why not because it would require me to put too much time and effort into something that i'm already pushing the envelope for concerning time and effort. Not only this but my sadness about Riful trumps all other matters.

    Soil. Can you dig it?

  2. #152
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Goral, do you actually see any way for Claire to beat Priscilla without awakening and becoming a super-AO, so basically without becoming "a being who exceeds the abyssal ones?"

    I really cannot see any way for it to happen without Claire no longer being Claire.

    Spoiler show

  3. #153
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moie View Post
    Honestly, there's no reason in even debating what plans are stupid because all the plans they could come up with have slim chances of success. (...)
    OK, but the one she had chosen had ZERO chance of success. Attacking Cassandra with trying to snap her out of Prissy's control as back-up plan would be much less risky. Read my post in Miria thread for details, otherwise I don't see a point of your post (unless you find saying something without reading any arguments or presenting any yourself sensible).

    @FrostyMouse
    I believe she can defeat Priscilla without awakening because of what Deneve said (i.e. that "Claymore's youki is increasing almost to the limit even at normal times" and according to other translator to "maximum limit"). If what Deneve said is true (and there's no reason to not believe her) then it should be possible for Clare to access the power she would have as an AB without actually awakening.

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post1784812

    ---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

    On a different manner, can someone explain to me why is it OK to show a completely naked little girl and Priscilla's boobs but not Octavia's? Yagi purposefully hid them behind Octavia's hair and whips, WTF?

    ---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

    Also, Miria again acts like a retard when she shouts to everyone to get away. They know that already, especially Helen who already felt it. Plus they all have eyes (not to mention that Miria is not too good at sensing youki,no better than H&D).

  4. #154
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,938
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    I believe she can defeat Priscilla without awakening because of what Deneve said (i.e. that "Claymore's youki is increasing almost to the limit even at normal times" and according to other translator to "maximum limit"). If what Deneve said is true (and there's no reason to not believe her) then it should be possible for Clare to access the power she would have as an AB without actually awakening.

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post1784812
    Clare would need to be a lot more than an AB, even if she didn't have to awaken to use her power, unless she gained an ability similar to Gin's bankai and that would be quite overpowered in the Claymoreverse. Her half-awakened form was enough to slaughter the Lion guy, whose name escapes me at the moment, so there's no denying that she'd be a decent AB without anything else, and she's majorly improved since then as her Quicksword is now on the level of Irene's.

    Spoiler show

  5. #155
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Yes it is, as all of her plans are. But discussion about it has already started elsewhere and there you will find my response to you. Although knowing you you will avoid it since for some reason the only thread you ever visit is the chapter one and avoid other threads.

    ---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

    And BTW, Gernot has posted his translation yesterday. I recommend to use your shoutbox to be notified about them (or you can choose PMs). It's one of the things I love about Mangahelpers.

    It's true that i generally stay on the last-chapter thread since it's more probable fo find something new, but it's not that i have any problem responding to you on the other thread,lol.
    The funny thing is that i responded here since, you know, the topic came back here.
    Also, i already had this discussion about Miria's plan about how to oppose Prissy, it's not that i haven't already expressed my opinion on the matter (it's the same for you).


    Also, before speaking about other people habits, why don't you try instead to correct your own habit to escape the discussion everytime you say something very "discutible"?

    You complained so much about Isley proposing such "great plans" but i'm still waiting how you justify your marvellows ideas "let's tell Riful" and "let's follow the AEs and do a direct attack to the org", 'cause after all the complain that you did, to me those plans seem 100 times more idiotic than what Isley actually did.
    It's easy to complain, come up with absurd "great plans" and pretending like it's nothing hoping that no one notices, right?

    Oh, and let's not forget that a few posts before you even insulted me as a person (not what i was saying, but ME) but you pretended AGAIN like it was nothing, right?
    Amazing.

  6. #156
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    OK, but the one she had chosen had ZERO chance of success. Attacking Cassandra with trying to snap her out of Prissy's control as back-up plan would be much less risky. Read my post in Miria thread for details, otherwise I don't see a point of your post (unless you find saying something without reading any arguments or presenting any yourself sensible).

    @FrostyMouse
    I believe she can defeat Priscilla without awakening because of what Deneve said (i.e. that "Claymore's youki is increasing almost to the limit even at normal times" and according to other translator to "maximum limit"). If what Deneve said is true (and there's no reason to not believe her) then it should be possible for Clare to access the power she would have as an AB without actually awakening.

    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post1784812

    ---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

    On a different manner, can someone explain to me why is it OK to show a completely naked little girl and Priscilla's boobs but not Octavia's? Yagi purposefully hid them behind Octavia's hair and whips, WTF?

    ---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

    Also, Miria again acts like a retard when she shouts to everyone to get away. They know that already, especially Helen who already felt it. Plus they all have eyes (not to mention that Miria is not too good at sensing youki,no better than H&D).
    Don't get smart with me.

    1) How do you know whether or not i've read the arguments unless you assume yourself to be me...
    2) As i've said before, ALL of the possibilities have a minute chance. I've thought about this and I really don't want to waste time on what I already consider an inconsequential topic.
    3) Most people arguing about the stupidity of Miria's plan are letting their emotions do the talking, seen when you bash Miria for shouting at everyone to get out of the way when it is simply just a natural response out of care for one's comrades.

    We can never be 100% sure priscilla is alive or dead but from the looks of it, it doesn't even seem to be priscilla anymore. It seems, rather, that priscilla is a shadow of herself, no doubt consumed by some sort of force. Same goes for Riful who seems to have fused with Dauf(don't care to remember the spelling).

    I think the more pressing issue is that of the nature of the awakeneds. Is it that the more powerful they were, the more control they had over the hunger? I feel so and am I the only one that feels that this quasi-alliance will have a shaky continuation plot-wise. By that I mean:
    - if the alliance is indeed honest-to-goodness, then it leaves readers a bit dyspeptic since the nature of most awakeneds versus humans/claymore have been quite hostile.
    - if the alliance is one of betrayal, then some sort of unbelievable miracle must happen in order to either make the alliance solid or put the awakends in their place.
    - if the alliance is temporary, one wonders what happens to these awakened. After all, they simply came out of the woodwork just observe these anomalies. The reader is then left wondering what role could they possibly have in the future, if any at all.

    There's a lot more important things to thing of rather than if Miria acted like a fool or not. I don't feel I need to mention them as I am hoping this changes the direction of people's thought trains....

    Soil. Can you dig it?

  7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  8. #157
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    I've never seen so many awakened beings in one place. O_O
    Anyway I quite liked the chapter and that is way there has been a lot of action.
    About the new awakened being (and I'm sorry to make this question a bit late. XD), is she Riful or something that took her form?

  9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #158
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    @Moie
    1) Read about logical disjunction and go back once you do.
    2) Then why are you even posting here about it? Most importantly why are you replying to something you consider as pointless anyway even though allegedly you don't have time/will for that. "I know I'm right so there's no point to write anything more. Nuff said.", lol.
    3) Doesn't change the fact it's redundant (read: retarded).
    "Look out" - said Joe to the remains of his friend.
    Last edited by Goral; January 03, 2013 at 08:08 AM.

  11. #159
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Btw, i was thinking, Prissy won't be able to collect back all the energy of her arm since 1/3 has been surely lost (Histy's part).
    So i was wondering,Cassy now has just her power or has added to her power even the power from Roxy?
    If Roxy's power is lost Prissy would take back only 1/3 of her lost power, but if instead Cassy has even Roxy's power, than she could be even stronger than what we have seen in her previous fight, this could be a problem for the ghost+ABs alliance, but maybe a good thing if they are able to "awake" Cassy and bring her on their side...........but still, we are just talking about the power contained in one of Prissy's arm, tbh imo the only REAL hope to defeat Prissy is IF Claire really has an immense hidden power and would do some sort of "awakening".
    My opinion on this doesn't matter doesn't change, in the end Prissy is simply too strong for everyone, if there exists a power that could surpass her is only Claire's hidden power (but we don't know exactly how strong that power is, at this point only speculations are possible).
    Cassy, chibi-Riful, the ghosts and ABs' team will be able to MAYBE put up a desperate fight, but they have no real hope to defeat Prissy imo.....but this doesn't mean that they have to give up without at least trying to play their strongest hand.

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Btw, i know that this eventuality is completely out of your imagination, but i already responded on the Miria's thread exactly like you wanted. Crazy,right?

    ---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zasz View Post
    I've never seen so many awakened beings in one place. O_O
    Anyway I quite liked the chapter and that is way there has been a lot of action.
    About the new awakened being (and I'm sorry to make this question a bit late. XD), is she Riful or something that took her form?

    Hmmm, no one know for certain what chibi-Riful is exactly since the manga has yet to reveal it, but one thing that it's obvious is that she is an AB that must be connected somehow with Riful and Dauf.
    From this point on, all kind of crazy speculations are possible for now,lol.

  12. #160
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

    Ok have an exam like in 2 days so wish me luck(I need it much).. And don't worry I'm taking a break.. But anyway something interesting Moie has mentioned which is the alliance and I more like go with number 3 but will discuss more about like in a couple of days.. anyway Malak, I think she has more than 2/3 o the arm because Cassandra did eat part of Hysteria, and indeed it's not only the hand that holds the power, it's the awakened as a whole so it's like a double round for Priscilla if she gets Cassandra.

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #161
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

    Quote Quote:
    On a different manner, can someone explain to me why is it OK to show a completely naked little girl and Priscilla's boobs but not Octavia's? Yagi purposefully hid them behind Octavia's hair and whips, WTF?
    *shrug....it's not like we haven't seen Riful naked a few times, including her front...perhaps the times that we saw her, it was "past the radar", and he didn't want to push his luck with his publisher (presumably) again with Octavia.

    Priscilla, physically though, isn't much older (15-17 post-Awakening I'd say, though as a warrior, she looked 13-14 -- filling out the middle-school years alongside young Raki....how she always appeared in my head) at all, so really, I don't know....I'm not sure what the rules are with how much Yagi can show, but considering the knowledge of some chapters being censored without any real indication (Dauf's butt, the Rabona AB etc), I imagine it's something he's forced to do over what he would prefer.

    ---

    In any rate, as for debating Miria's plans....it's silly to worry too much about whatever she plans on doing; why? Because Claire is there ....and if Claire is there, then we know Miria has her "get out of jail for free" card, and everything is going to be okay .
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

  15. #162
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

    Although I ranked it 7 after rethinking I should've given it 8! Oh well.. Unless the mods can help me..

  16. #163
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    @Moie
    1) Read about logical disjunction and go back once you do.
    2) Then why are you even posting here about it? Most importantly why are you replying to something you consider as pointless anyway even though allegedly you don't have time/will for that. "I know I'm right so there's no point to write anything more. Nuff said.", lol.
    3) Doesn't change the fact it's redundant (read: retarded).
    "Look out" - said Joe to the remains of his friend.

    ><
    1) Logical disjunction literally has nothing to do with what you've done which was make an invalid assumption.
    2) I'm posting because I want to steer it away from an argument about Miria. I didn't want to have to do this but every time you refer to the DIFFERENT thread, you're literally fusing them. If there's a thread that already discusses Miria's planning, then why do it here?
    3) This point silly as NO ONE DIED when she said this.

    I'd honestly rate this chapter a solid 8. I don't know if anyone remembers but there were times when it was extremely frustrating to read chapters every month just to be left on crazy cliffhangers with seemingly little substance in my opinion. The last... idk maybe 5-6 chapters have left me generally satisfied considering they've been pretty weighty.

    Soil. Can you dig it?

  17. #164
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

    @Moie
    Spoiler: offtopic show


    As for the chapter, I've rated it 3, although 2 might have been a fairer rating. Totally pointless chapter.

  18. #165
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Kenya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

    Octavia, I'm disappoint

    Barring haxx techniques, a no. 2 cannot defeat a no. 1, and the difference should even be more marked when they awaken. Somehow though, Octavia is confident they can bring down this "child".

    She should be able to tell the difference in yoki size. Is her sensing...apparatus broken? Or is it just a case of stupidity or hubris? Just once I'd like a villain that is genre savvy.

    But I love how in the end Cassandra is unimpressed. Like they are flies just buzzing around. Next chapter she will probably come out of her stupor, go to town on the ABs for a bit before realizing they all meant well, and they will hug and it will rain unicorns and rainbows.

    Odd how she is still under by the way, despite Priscilla being beaten to such an extent. I'd have expected the link to have broken by now.
    Shiro 2

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts