Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 6.06%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

14 42.42%
  • 7 (Good)

10 30.30%
  • 6 (Average)

4 12.12%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 3.03%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 3.03%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 3.03%
New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

@Dark Night
    Well, by the looks of it she couldn't sense her too well at the start (she said they will crush her at the very beginning) since only after a while she commented that Cassandra belongs to the heavyweight and that she underestimated her (Riful could hide her youki very well so it's possible that Cassandra could do it too, plus her consciousness is suppressed so maybe it influences the flow of youki as well, maybe even it's being controlled by Priscilla who liked to hide her youki). If she thought that Cassie was some weak ex-#1 I could buy it. And if even Chronos (so someone with good sensing skills) considered her as an opponent Claymores should be able to do something against...

But all of the above is just making excuses for Yagi's sake. The truth is it doesn't make any sense since:
    a) They were calling Cassandra AO from the start (and knew what happened in Org's HQ so the ZAO that would come out alive would surely be the strongest)
    b) Chronos was treating Isley as a godlike figure which was way beyond his league. So why would he think that other AO would be any different?

It's just Yagi using Kubo Tite's method, i.e. person X laughs at the opponent, the opponent becomes more serious and laughs at person X, person X becomes more serious and laughs at the opponent... and so on. Earlier in Claymore at least characters died in this formula. Now not even that happens.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Goral

Good point about the suppressed consciousness influencing the flow of yoki. Do you think the same thing is going on with Priscilla? After all we can't say hers is really there. Might explain why she's getting her ass handed to her.

I had picked up on them referring to Cassandra as an Abyssal One. Given their seeming familiarity with that term, I assumed they might have met one of the original 3 at some point and sized up his/her strength, compared to Cassandra and concluded she fits the bill.

And indeed going by Chronos' description of Isley, if Cassandra is similar they shouldn't really be trying to attack her. I (sadly) consider Hysteria inferior to the other AOs, but even she would kick their asses.

Octavia appears to be the only one you could say is truly strong if Miria's reaction is anything to go by. But by herself she's really nothing to Cassandra (that whip attack seems strong, but it didn't do anything). A bunch of even weaker ABs added to the mix aren't going to shift that balance.

This reminds me of those ABs Isley sent to the Org. Even with an awakened Alicia (whose yoki rivaled an Abyssal One's according to Galatea) right under their nose, they still wanted to fight her. Awakening must feel like standing on top of Mt. Everest.

On another note, Cassandra probably has more stamina than anyone we have met so far. She has been in her awakened form since the beginning, and I'm not sure she stopped anywhere to rest. She looks like she can still go on.
    Shiro 2

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Elandyll's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh. On the pure fight side it was an ok chapter, but I have the strong feeling that in the medium term it will prove to be a troll chapter.
    By that I mean I feel like Yagi is introducing 8 new characters with cool looking abilities, that -seem- to perform ok against one of the most powerful #1 that ever awakened (but themselves rank between #5 to at most #2 for Octavia), but in the end we all know that in a flash most if not all of them will be dispatched.

Same for Riful doll. Until we get more details, I have the strong feeling that she is only here to delay the inevitable confrontation Ghosts/ DestroPriss, and that the apparent beatdown of Pris has been all smoke and mirrors.
    I can already picture it: Pris's head will say "You bore me." And she will instantly regenerate and kill Riful Doll.

On the other side, Cass will say something like "You all taste like sh*t", and will kill them in a few well placed moves, probably leaving Octavia for the end.

I hope I'm wrong.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    @ Goral

Good point about the suppressed consciousness influencing the flow of yoki. Do you think the same thing is going on with Priscilla? After all we can't say hers is really there. Might explain why she's getting her ass handed to her.

I had picked up on them referring to Cassandra as an Abyssal One. Given their seeming familiarity with that term, I assumed they might have met one of the original 3 at some point and sized up his/her strength, compared to Cassandra and concluded she fits the bill.

And indeed going by Chronos' description of Isley, if Cassandra is similar they shouldn't really be trying to attack her. I (sadly) consider Hysteria inferior to the other AOs, but even she would kick their asses.

Octavia appears to be the only one you could say is truly strong if Miria's reaction is anything to go by. But by herself she's really nothing to Cassandra (that whip attack seems strong, but it didn't do anything). A bunch of even weaker ABs added to the mix aren't going to shift that balance.

This reminds me of those ABs Isley sent to the Org. Even with an awakened Alicia (whose yoki rivaled an Abyssal One's according to Galatea) right under their nose, they still wanted to fight her. Awakening must feel like standing on top of Mt. Everest.

On another note, Cassandra probably has more stamina than anyone we have met so far. She has been in her awakened form since the beginning, and I'm not sure she stopped anywhere to rest. She looks like she can still go on.
    it comes down to pride....The awakened beings sent to the Org had that pride so they could not "run away" they had to fight or be shamed.
    Remember what Miria said to Chronos about how if they did not stand up to prissy now then they will forever be "hanging there heads low waiting for scraps".

Octavia calling cassy a "child" has little to do with cassys power/yoki it has to do with her being younger then Octavia lol
    and its funny how octavias whip attack did noting to cassandra (tho in latter pages you can see pieces of cassandras flesh flying through the air so they must be damaging her)

Will Tabitha and the others be able to pull out cassys sense of self?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Pride, huh. I understand though I'd call it stupidity. Comes with villainhood, I guess. I'm cool with hanging my head if it means I get to live another day. No reason to provoke the giant creature that could squash me like a bug if she desired.

Somehow I got the impression Octavia meant child in more ways than just age. There was a hint of overconfidence, as if to say, 'pffft, this brat, watch me squash her' though I imagine that tune has changed.

As for Tabitha and the others, I actually don't see how all three are in there. I thought yoki sync occurred between two individuals; it's gotta be chaos with five minds in there. I wish we could see what's going on in there like Clare and the Destroyer, but I doubt Yagi will deliver.
    Shiro 2

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Ok have an exam like in 2 days so wish me luck(I need it much).. And don't worry I'm taking a break.. But anyway something interesting Moie has mentioned which is the alliance and I more like go with number 3 but will discuss more about like in a couple of days.. anyway Malak, I think she has more than 2/3 o the arm because Cassandra did eat part of Hysteria, and indeed it's not only the hand that holds the power, it's the awakened as a whole so it's like a double round for Priscilla if she gets Cassandra.

Good luck with youe exam!

I agree that Cassy should have 2/3 of Prissy's arm power, but since it's not clear if eating produce the same result as absorbing i decided to distinguish the two possibilities.

And now, let's return to study from here!

---------- Post added January 04, 2013 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was January 03, 2013 at 11:47 PM ----------

@Shiek

Quote Quote:
    In any rate, as for debating Miria's plans....it's silly to worry too much about whatever she plans on doing; why? Because Claire is there ....and if Claire is there, then we know Miria has her "get out of jail for free" card, and everything is going to be okay .
    Something tells me that even Miria knows that:

Miria:

Claire: What?

Miria: Come on Claire! We are waiting!

Claire: Damn! I should have known that this was her real plan from the very beginning.......

Claire: PRISCILLLLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Ghosts: Yeahhh! She's going crazy! Claire is going crazy!! Go Claire! Kill that bi***!!!

Claire: (This is so embarassing )

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

The fact that the ABs talk big about killing Cassy means absolutely nothing since it's something that ABs ALWAYS do, just to regret it later,lol.
    A few examples:

-group of ABs go in front of Riful and Dauf talking shit.....we know what happens later

-Roxy talking big against Cassy......we know what happens later

-Dauf talking big against Prissy.......we know what happens later

-single digit AB talking big against Ophy.........we know what happens later

-Rigardo talking big against Claire..........

- Chronos talking big against the ghosts even if almost surely he should have no chance at all against them, especially with Miria and Claire both active,lol.

I guess you get my point: the fact that Octavia talked big means absolutely nothing since ABs in general tend to a be "a bit" arrogant, just saying.....

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Good luck with youe exam!

I agree that Cassy should have 2/3 of Prissy's arm power, but since it's not clear if eating produce the same result as absorbing i decided to distinguish the two possibilities.

And now, let's return to study from here!

---------- Post added January 04, 2013 at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was January 03, 2013 at 11:47 PM ----------

@Shiek

Miria:

Claire: Damn! I should have known that this was her real plan from the very beginning.......

Ghosts: Yeahhh! She's going crazy! Claire is going crazy!! Go Claire! Kill that bi***!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

The fact that the ABs talk big about killing Cassy means absolutely nothing since it's something that ABs ALWAYS do, just to regret it later,lol.
    A few examples:

-group of ABs go in front of Riful and Dauf talking shit.....we know what happens later

-Roxy talking big against Cassy......we know what happens later

-Dauf talking big against Prissy.......we know what happens later

-single digit AB talking big against Ophy.........we know what happens later

-Rigardo talking big against Claire..........

- Chronos talking big against the ghosts even if almost surely he should have no chance at all against them, especially with Miria and Claire both active,lol.

I guess you get my point: the fact that Octavia talked big means absolutely nothing since ABs in general tend to a be "a bit" arrogant, just saying.....
    we have no idea of how strong Chronos is so you cant really say he would have no chance.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    we have no idea of how strong Chronos is so you cant really say he would have no chance.
    So far he only showed us that he is strong with words, we are still waiting to see him in action.
    And by the look on his face in this chapter he is more likely to flee with Lars then to pick a fight.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why i said "ALMOST surely he should have no chance" i i stick with that opinion because there are some indications that point in this direction:

-Chronos should be inferior to Rigardo and Dauf since he belonged to the same generation.
    -When he threatened Miria, she wasn't impressed, not even one bit.
    -Claire alone is very very VERY strong now.......

In other words, the only possible scenario where Chrons could be a match for the ghosts is if he is someone like Raphaela (basically an hidden n.1), but there are simply too many indications in the manga that make this theory impossible.
    I'll give an example: Isley (and probably even Riful and Dauf) already knew Chronos very well, but they NEVER considered him. Even Isley's whole plan to kill Luciela would have been absurd if he knew that there was another monster that could join forces with Riful to oppose Prissy.....so no, Chronos can't be an AB too stronger than his rank and this means that he has no chance against the ghosts.

Of course there is always the possibility that for some reason noone knew his real strenght and again for some reason he never showed his strenght even after awakening, but still, it's really a very remote scenario.
    Last edited by MalakTawus; January 03, 2013 at 10:36 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:

Miria:

Rolfmao, I think that was the funniest thing I've ever heard you say Malak XDXD
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: offtopic show

Poor Claire will have to save everyone. I just am curious about how she will do so >:

Soil. Can you dig it?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Malak on this, because if we take the opposing sides we will see the truth:
    Ok we have the ghosts on one side who are:
    -Clare is super powerful and as strong as a N.1 (and remember that N.1s can hunt ABs all by themselves!)
    -Miria also as powerful as N.1 and because of her momentary awakening she deserves the title of N.1
    -Deneve who is minimum as strong as a N.3 with the double sword technique and unbeatable regeneration can take hits and keep fighting more than any of the ghosts
    -Helen with with her Drill Sword that goes up to 55 turns which exceeds that of Jean plus she can extend her arms so minimum N.5
    -Cynthia who is the closest in numbers to Deneve at the time of Pieta definitely won't fall behind N.7 plus at the time she was fighting Dauf she was able to evade all his attacks which is something that Galatea wasn't able to do (she was at first but even she has her limits) so that counts.
    -Tabitha who is still clocked has the advantage over all warriors of having no Yoki to detect! Plus she is an Eye so she can evade much so minimum N.8 as well.
    -Yuma also showed much powers in the previous chapters and was able to defeat an AB all by herself so yep she is minimum N.9
    So a team of 2 N.1s and 5 single digits was quite enough to beat Agatha a previous N.2 and many many baby ABs not to mention surviving Hysteria (WON'T say winning against because it was all pure luck and even Yagi knows that)

Now on the other side we have Chronos a N.4.... I wonder what can he achieve against this army who can handle even awakened N.2s...

*Notice that I gave all minimum but Clare and Miria definite numbers because some may argue that this deserves more or less so I gave the bare minimum number for them..
    Last edited by littleangel; January 04, 2013 at 07:52 AM.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Octavia sure is courteous. It’s like sorry for making fun of you guys. Maybe afterwards we can hang out in Rabona and have some tea, maybe bake something, maybe not. How about a tennis match? It could be fun, you know.

I’m still trying to collect my thoughts. In regards to Isley discussion stuff we did just recently learn a potential motive for him as to why he didn’t attack the org after awakening: his absolute sense of duty to hunt the yoma and AB at any cost. This is what could have led to a subconscious decision to leave the org alone whose cause he believed in. His ambition to conquer the continent which would require the downfall of the org didn’t emerge until after he met Priscilla, a great weapon of deterrence.

As for AF one of the most dangerous aspects about them is their non-emission of yoki. It’s why Priscilla could get behind Teressa, why Tabitha could get in a sneak attack, and why AF or Claymores on the pill have a much easier time escaping especially when heading in different directions. It’s why Isley was so enraged over running into 2 claymores concealing their yoki. Fighting opponents not emitting yoki all this time must have turned from frustration to pure trauma. Helen would’ve been better off drawing on his face with a marker than concealing her yoki.

Quote Quote:
    Like you said she wouldn't have Claire to fight with them, and with no Claire Miria knows that her alone can't stop Cassy.
    This alone is a good reason to not chose this plan.
    Also, she wouldn't even be able to make an alliance with the ABs since they moronically really wanted to see the power of the new super-abyssal, they just didn't imagine that Prissy would have made them her MAIN target,lol.
    To add to this point Cynthia & Co already tried to synch their yoki with a Cass that was still moving in the previous chapter and that was a complete failure. Even with Claire’s help the flies buzzing around weren’t able to halt a sleepwalking lion.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

It's unexpected to see that Priscilla, the big bad of the series, was soundly defeated by an opponent who came out of nowhere. Seeing her abilities and the timing of her appearance, I support the theory that she is the child of Riful and Dauf. I wonder if Priscilla will make a comeback as she did against Isley but she seems to be in pretty bad shape now. We got to see the awakened forms of these new ABs, it'll be a pity if none of them (especially Octavia) survives Cassandra and becomes relevant in the plot.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime Awards!! When did I miss that.. Too bad most of my favorites are not included..

New Reply
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast