Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 6.06%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

14 42.42%
  • 7 (Good)

10 30.30%
  • 6 (Average)

4 12.12%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 3.03%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 3.03%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 3.03%
New Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    Octavia, I'm disappoint

Barring haxx techniques, a no. 2 cannot defeat a no. 1, and the difference should even be more marked when they awaken. Somehow though, Octavia is confident they can bring down this "child".

She should be able to tell the difference in yoki size. Is her sensing...apparatus broken? Or is it just a case of stupidity or hubris? Just once I'd like a villain that is genre savvy.

But I love how in the end Cassandra is unimpressed. Like they are flies just buzzing around. Next chapter she will probably come out of her stupor, go to town on the ABs for a bit before realizing they all meant well, and they will hug and it will rain unicorns and rainbows.

Odd how she is still under by the way, despite Priscilla being beaten to such an extent. I'd have expected the link to have broken by now.
    its not that cassandra is unimpressed. its that her mind has been totally hijacked and can barely thinkabout anything else but heading to her destination.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    It's unexpected to see that Priscilla, the big bad of the series, was soundly defeated by an opponent who came out of nowhere. Seeing her abilities and the timing of her appearance, I support the theory that she is the child of Riful and Dauf. I wonder if Priscilla will make a comeback as she did against Isley but she seems to be in pretty bad shape now. We got to see the awakened forms of these new ABs, it'll be a pity if none of them (especially Octavia) survives Cassandra and becomes relevant in the plot.
    Judging from Priscilla's face she doesn't seem that bothered that her head was ripped off as she had this bored expression on even before her head was ripped off. Maybe she will regenerate from just a head.

Octavia seems too strong to be killed by Cassandra so soon since she has her awakened friends to back her up unless Octavia is less durable then she looks. Priscilla or the Destroyer should be a bigger threat to her.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    It's unexpected to see that Priscilla, the big bad of the series, was soundly defeated by an opponent who came out of nowhere. Seeing her abilities and the timing of her appearance, I support the theory that she is the child of Riful and Dauf. I wonder if Priscilla will make a comeback as she did against Isley but she seems to be in pretty bad shape now. We got to see the awakened forms of these new ABs, it'll be a pity if none of them (especially Octavia) survives Cassandra and becomes relevant in the plot.
    But the thing spawned out of the other half of Riful, how could it be the child of Riful and Dauf? Have I missed something?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordoffantasy View Post
    its not that cassandra is unimpressed. its that her mind has been totally hijacked and can barely thinkabout anything else but heading to her destination.
    She has had a few '!'s though, and her eyes are no longer blank. I think a bit of her is starting to re-emerge. Plus, the Dust Eater is yet to make an appearance, but I guess she might be starting to pay attention to them since she has stopped.
    Shiro 2

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    But the thing spawned out of the other half of Riful, how could it be the child of Riful and Dauf? Have I missed something?
    Well, I didn't read all the posts but I saw some people mention she might be their child. Could it be that she was still in her mother's womb and somehow gained consciousness?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be something way more simple: A fusion.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we thought of a fusion before, but the thing is that is it has fused with anything (the destroyer seems to be the most likely thing in the case of fusion) then why didn't after all those attacks let the Destroyer jump into this powerful body?? As it can rival Priscilla without even showing its awakened form which counts if you ask me.. But anyway Priscilla is under the spell of the Destroyer so she is not at full control so also this must be kept in mind. Over all it's not a full power battle and Lars is stupid!

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they did loved each other and maybe they found a way to do it as Raphaela did. After all, Riful knew what happened with the sisters.

I don't believe that Destroyer is involved anyway, it's too busy fighting over that body.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I don't believe that Destroyer is involved anyway, it's too busy fighting over that body.
    More or less the most likely thing is that its their child, but one thing about the destroyer is that all of its "offsprings" don't need any connection with it to function as we have seen with Hellcats, and without any food or anything, they can still function for like half a day, and if they find a source that is Yoki generating like Beth, then this problem is solved.. Anyway, since Riful and Dauf both are Yoki generating, then why can't this possibility stand? The only thing that supports the idea that its their child, is that Yagi wrote "Infant" as a side note so that's why I'm saying this, but still it could be a trick or anything else as we have been tricked by other things before.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems the best way to level all playing fields is to find a plot device to knock the Destroyer off the battlefield for good. This would free Prissy, Riful-Duff, and Cassandra. Eliminating the Destroyer would also instantly resolve the Question of whether Riful-Duff is mostly a product of it as well.

Destroyer is of a mostly resolved arc that was finished (imo), or should be finishing now for good.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if the Destroyer is died, we still don't know whether its death would affect an offspring because to me they look like separate entities.. So I suppose that both have to be killed as both is classified as dangerous not only to the ghosts but for humans in general.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Dauf is the most skilled character in the whole claymore universe. Not only he gets to penetrate offensively, but it seems that he also used his rods in a procreational manner

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Of course there is always the possibility that for some reason noone knew his real strenght and again for some reason he never showed his strenght even after awakening, but still, it's really a very remote scenario.
    As you have stated Malak, that is "extremely" unlikely, absent intervention from a well known master of subterfuge (think hat, glasses & looks like Captain Picard). While I doubt any of the current warriors may have known of Chronos, certainly all of the Black Coats and the ever perceptive Dae would have known his true power. Chronos and Co., while strong, did not pose a threat to the Organization. Otherwise, the Organization would have sent the Akuma (Abyssal Feeders) and the Twins after them. There is good precedence in calling the Isley, Riful and Luciella Abyssal Ones. Their power dwarfed even their closest ranked compatriot. Think back to Alicia/Beth vs Galatea. The outcome would be immediately clear.

This chapter really reminds me of the immediate conflict following the Pieta Invasion. Isley sent his troops to the East against the Organization and to the West against Riful. None came back. It will be the same with these old ABs. Cassandra will wipe them out and what ever is left will grovel under the heel of Priscilla's proverbial boot. If you look back, the Ghosts didn't defeat Hysteria. It took another AO to get the job done.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I've added a version 2 of chapter 129 since in the 23rd volume there were quite significant changes made: http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2...version-2.html

Compare:
    Spoiler: old version show

With:
    Spoiler: new version show

18. Thanks 10 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow what difference , there are literally two new pages added.
    Did Yagi added this when he was gathering around chapters for volume or did we missed it in original RAW?
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

New Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast