Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 6.06%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

14 42.42%
  • 7 (Good)

10 30.30%
  • 6 (Average)

4 12.12%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 3.03%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 3.03%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 3.03%
New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

First of all, the chapter was amazing.
    Second, i absolutely not agree that Yagi should investigate too deeply in the new characters (the ABs), imo Claymore is not a manga like that, it has always used a very different style. Think about it, there are a lot of characters (even important one) that we know very little about their "story", what Yagi does is simply let us figure out those characters looking at what they actually do in the "present time" in the manga.
    Where the hell is written that the reader has to know something more about the ABs (for example) than what their actions are? Sure, generally that's what is done when introducing new characters, so what? Claymore uses a different approach and focus on the personal backgroung of some characters only rarely, and usually this rare privilege is done only for very important characters (Claire,Teresa,Miria...) or to explain things that are necassary to explain what is happening in "present time" (like the hate between Roxy and Cassy) .

I don't see how the ghosts seem weak compared to the ABs, they are probably simply surprised to see an attack done by some many very powerful ABs, it's not that it's something that you see everyday.
    Also, taken one by one, even logic dictates that some of the ABs are more powerful than the ghosts, so it's normal that their team attack is something quite fearsome even from the ghost's point of view.

Anyway, someone said that the ghosts seems weak compared to the ABs, but tbh Claire did more damage than any of the ABs without even being completely serious, imo some of you people are overreacting.

-----------------------------------------------------
    About Miria, she has ALWAYS been weak from a pure-strenght prospective, it's not that she changed now, and no, Claire using the QS has always been a lot stronger (physically) than Miria, in case people have forgotten, she was able to cut houses with her sword, and that was true even when her QS was a lot weaker than now..........

Yes, the QS power is not as focused as Jean's drill, but still, Claire is so powerful now that i doubt that there is an enemy that she can't cut (contrary to Miria).
    Last edited by MalakTawus; December 29, 2012 at 09:18 AM.

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the images. There's a good variety of designs present, most of which are quite nice. Octavia's basically a quasi-Riful sitting on top of a quasi-Isley. One gal looks like an iron maiden with blades that just may be able to perform a QS-like attack. Another gal looks like the AB Helen drilled, only with a better face and Hysteria's wings, and shoots blades from somewhere (the back of her neck?) like Roxanne. The ones I didn't dig so much are the gaping-mouth AB and the buff gal. Though her form's quite unique, the gaping-mouth AB doesn't seem to be very mobile and her ability seems very limited in use. The buff gal transformed into an armored, Dauf-like form but with a face that doesn't quite seem to go with it.

These ABs seem quite powerful offensively, particularly Octavia and the bladed gal, but we all know what's going to happen. Despite the multiple "!" moments from Cassandra, we just know she's going to obliterate them. Despite the multiple ABs surrounding her, she doesn't seem fazed at all. Besides, she hasn't gone DE just yet. Octavia may be smirking now, but her little pony just might find itself legless in a split-second.

As for Priscilla, we just know she'll spring back and deal serious damage to the Riful-like being just like she did with Isley and the possessed Dauf.

Still, the action's pretty nice. As many have said, no plot progression; just good ol' battles to pump up the excitement for the next scene.

4. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    As for Priscilla, we just know she'll spring back and deal serious damage to the Riful-like being just like she did with Isley and the possessed Dauf.
    Yup, i don't know how Yagi intends to "solve" the Prissy's situation, but there is no doubt that at the very end Prissy will show an enormous difference in power and will prevail once again like it's nothing big.
    Better that chibi-Riful enjoys this moment of apparent victory, 'cause sure as hell it won't last long.

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    Yup, i don't know how Yagi intends to "solve" the Prissy's situation, but there is no doubt that at the very end Prissy will show an enormous difference in power and will prevail once again like it's nothing big.
    Better that chibi-Riful enjoys this moment of apparent victory, 'cause sure as hell it won't last long.
    This chapter gave me a idea...what if prissy is no longer alive. as in she is nothing more then yoki now, who ever wins control of the body(remember that internal battle is still going on) will become a real being again so for all we know prissy could die and all thats left is her body

Side note: The vets look bad ass all round the elf ear one looks like she will have a hard time moving , Octavia looks the best wonder why she changed so much when she awakened???? is that what her human body looked like when she was human?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Octavia looks the best wonder why she changed so much when she awakened???? is that what her human body looked like when she was human?
    Maybe its what she looked like as a Warrior ?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner yueyouko's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many heads (Cassandra heads) the vagi-wakened one can take? They're both elves and this is really getting kinkier.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

(...)Second, i absolutely not agree that Yagi should investigate too deeply in the new characters (...)
    Who do you not agree with? I don't see anyone saying anything like that besides "The Based" who also came up with it out of nowehere. If you're referring to me saying that Yagi should have shown their abilites earlier it's an entirely different thing. This wouldn't change anything besides making the story more believable and no more time would be wasted than now. But at least Cassandra wouldn't be made a retard who lets herself be beaten for no apparent reason. Whereas Yagi's formula is like Tite's: first bad guy is being beaten to a pulp, then he beats his opponents to a pulp and so on. This is exactly what's going to happen AGAIN. It started from the very first chapters but it started bothering me after the timeskip only (Audrey's encounter with Riful, H&D encounter with Isley, and so on). The most ridiculous form of it we've seen with Hysteria as main boss and now Yagi will repeat this with Cassandra.

It's one thing that Yagi let Clare beat the shit out of Cassandra while not sustaining any injury (or even scratch), it's another when in the next chapter we have to watch it again only with ABs this time as executors (come on, how long can she play the part of a whipping boy?). But in the end they will be obliterated and it will mean nothing. Instead he could have for example make them fight each other earlier since not everyone would agree to help the ghosts or fight Claymores (and that way show their abilities). Or them fighting Claymores. It would certainly make more sense than Helen, Deneve and the rest (i.e. all besides Clare and Miria) working together having trouble with 1 (ONE) Awakened Being. As I've said in 131st chapter thread, if they had so much trouble with a small fry then how do they expect to take on Cassandra?

(...)I don't see how the ghosts seem weak compared to the ABs, they are probably simply surprised to see an attack done by some many very powerful ABs.
    This surprise happens too often to call it "simple surprise". They've seen so much already and can be surprised by something they can do? I don't think so.

This is only a small sample of surprised faces in the last two chapters. If I wasn't as lazy as I am I could make it at least twice as wide (or maybe make a gif even).

As for you saying that it's logical for some of the ABs to be more powerful than ghosts, sure, except I never said otherwise. I've brought up Miria, who should be stronger than any of them considering her fighting record and in this post a ghost team which had troubles with 1 AB.

(...) so it's normal that their team attack is something quite fearsome even from the ghost's point of view.(...)
    Except if you look closely the most surprised are the ones who fought Isley and even Priscilla (heck, even Isley Rigaldo should be much more fearsome than anyone except Octavia maybe). I don't see how small fries such as these ABs could instill fear in them.

As for Clare doing more damage than any of the ABs, how is that relevant to what I've said? Clare is in a different league than any of the ghosts (which I know you agree with), while I was talking about Miria and Roxanne.

Last but not least, I don't remember a house being cut with QS unless you mean Irene doing some cuts to a door frame + a part of wall which for all we know was made of wood. I would like to see her cut stone pillar or Duff's armour.
    Last edited by Goral; December 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Isley -> Rigaldo

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsmile View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised Goral. You're usually critical of Yagi's drawings. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of awakened warriors assisting the current generation at all. It provides a sense of closure that they have a hand in finishing some of the plans set in motions by the Organization or by some of its former and dubious members.

Perhaps, it's my personal bias as I do prefer the earlier chapters but I find these current ABs lacking in form. The one that exploded in Cassandra's mouth looks like an armored beetle, another that appears to be a little kiwi that can actually fly and on the same panel, yet another that appears to be a miniature Hysteria. When you create something as beautiful as Jean's awakened appearance or one that is menacingly sexy as Priscilla, these guys appear bland and uninspiring.

However, I believe it is Octavia that delivers the saving grace. She has an appearance very similar to Isley. Instead of the Centaur, we see the mythical horse Pegasus. I do believe those are wings on the side of the equine body. Now that is an AB for the ages. IMHO, there has to be a beauty that we can admire and find some redeeming quality, even in the face of a flawed character.
    awakened forms are still strange and uncertain. i mean, that one that survived cassandra's head looks like nothing of the natural world, but then you have the likes of the silver eyed lion who looks like a werebeast. i think the blade oen is cool lookign if slightly uninspired.
    octavia is definantly one of the best of this bunch, though unfortunately i have seen her design before. she looks like a certain Apostle, the demons of the Berserk manga. this guy had a bestial body with a humanoid body sticking out of the rump. though he was, strangely enough, and archer.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

i think people are forgetting a very important fact. this creature probably does not need a head to begin with. priscilla's mind is inside of it, but currently the Destroyer holds the reigns, and is simply using priscilla's shape. the fight is about to get serious now. considering two things. one being that the destroyer priscilla might start to get serious, realizing it is facing a mighty foe, and second that this riful doll has yet to show us a fucking thing. head blades and rods? hmm, nothing yet. though the moment these demi gods of claymore get serious, i think the game field changes.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

not sure if you missed the memo, but these girls and guys are NOT small fries. they are old, experienced, and high leveled creatures. these guys were probably the silver eyed lions of their times, and that awakened could spar with the likes of isley. not saying that they will obliterate cassandra, i am saying to think they will die so easily is like saying the silver eyed lion died easily. that guy even survived attackign priscilla, though barely and only because isley internvened.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

i think it could simply be that the destroyer is in control. considering it is a formless mass, it is simply borrowing priscilla's shape. though priscilla is still inside of it, she coudl still get into control, but i think our mindless monster is about to realize it needs to get serious...... shudders.

i think miss iron maiden of death with blades is kinda the oen who changed the most. i can't see a single recognizable feature to her human fomr in it.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

let us not forget a few factors. in all of those previosu fights, it is obvious priscilla had the distinct advantage. her enemies were torn like paper. here the enemy withstood the strength and fougth back. things are just giong to get more serious now.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Gene for the early chapter! Happy New Year to you too!

Here is my translation. =)

Hades' Battle Prowess

The warriors are played by Cassandra, in the midst of danger during this battle, appear in front of them is Octavia leading the awaken beings who have endured countless battles!!

• Miria: You guys...
    • Octavia: Really good for nothing eh. At this time even if we have to finish her, we must stop this girl (child).
    • Miria: Ku.
    • Octavia: Ah.
    • Helen: Wha..
    • Octavia: Hmm-- No way it's stopping her, no matter how much we attack those head diversions, her main body is still not affect at all.
    • Octavia: Really sorry for calling you guys good for nothing, facing this kind of top level opponent, you guys are already doing you best.
    • Helen: Wha..
    • Miria: Wild Horse Octavia
    • Helen: Oww.
    • Miria: Hurry back away, we will be caught up in it.
    • Tabitha: Cassandra's footsteps have stopped.
    • Tabitha: Right now, let's pull out Cassandra's sense of self that is deep within.
    • Lars: This... What is this thing?
    • Lars: A monster that appeared in this place that is even stronger that the monster that surpasses the Abyssal.
    • Lars: The victor is being revealed.
    Cassandra has stopped her footsteps... Priscilla is being crushed by the youngling of the Abyssal... A heavenly assistance could not even be thought of, would the plan of stopping the merging be a success just like this...!?
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; December 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM.

14. Thanks 13 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

you do realize that most awakened do not openly display surprise or pain. not to mention that cassandra is kidna mindjacked. these guys were probably on the smae levels as a certain silver eyed lion, who has to his name the ability to fight isley and survive and surviving an encounter with priscilla. albeit he mainly survived the later because of siley's itnervention.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

kinda a fake otu, but things are gonna get serious soon. this is just the beginning of their fight.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner v1nx's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Octy's awekened form looks similar to that of Isley, lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Ryus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Crap chapter... agree with Goral (BTW Goral can't translate ATM... computer died, stuck with cell phone only. Worse car died at the same time so stuck fixing that first so be a while for PC to get fixed (hard disk dying, car issue unknown... maybe I'm in a bad mood due to that and more be going on with me ATM, sorry if I come off as rude))

Anyways as stated before this CH was all needless hype before the destined merging take place... so what if Lars called Riful/Dauf the winner since Kronos didn't. So what if the ABs can destroy a head each... Claire destroyed half a dozen at once and actually hit the main body. Art work was good but not great and that spiked ball AB, really is Yagi trying any more? If this is what we're going to get from now on just end it quickly and stop the needless hyping already... we all know how it will turn out with the ABs killing each other off and the power of sisterhood saving every last warriors life with Claire and Raki getting a happy ending.

Last edited by Ryus; December 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

18. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy holidays!
    Encounter destructive level illogical of these AB.
    Comparing them with Agatha, she seems ridiculously weak.
    Regarding Priscilla, I think she is still blocked by the destroyer.
    When he see them can die, he will let her have its true power, then Rifuldoll death.
    Someone said Octavia looks like a certain Apostle, the demons of the Berserk manga. Can anyone shed some images to compare the two?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    This chapter gave me a idea...what if prissy is no longer alive. as in she is nothing more then yoki now, who ever wins control of the body(remember that internal battle is still going on) will become a real being again so for all we know prissy could die and all thats left is her body

Side note: The vets look bad ass all round the elf ear one looks like she will have a hard time moving , Octavia looks the best wonder why she changed so much when she awakened???? is that what her human body looked like when she was human?

I can't deny your speculation since atm we know nothing concrete about Prissy/destroyer real situation, but imo what you are suggesting would be a very lame choice from Yagi since i'm sure that eventually he'll want to draw a real fight between Claire and Prissy.
    Of course i can't be certain but imo that fight is their fate......so of course i don't agree with your speculation since in that case Claire-Prissy confrontation will result very weakened in its meaning.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

@Gooral

If you don't feel part of the group that wants to know the backgrounds of every new character, than what i said (that i think was quite clear) doesn't involve you.

Tbh i don't understand very well what do you mean that Yagi should have introduced earlier their abilities since i don't see why the hell those ABs should use their abilities before this chapter, imo it doesn't make a lot of sense.
    Imo the reader discovers in this chapter all the AB's abilities exactly like the ghosts see them for the first time, i don't see anything strange here, but maybe i'm not fully understanding what you meant with "introducing first their abilities".

Quote Quote:
    first bad guy is being beaten to a pulp, then he beats his opponents to a pulp and so on. This is exactly what's going to happen AGAIN.
    I don't agree at all. Cassy now seems to be remote-controlled by Prissy's will so it makes perfect sense that she acts a bit like Prissy and basically doesn't mind too much about powers that are seen as inferior.
    Cassy in fact is NOT beaten to a pulp, she isn't even fightning seriously (infact she NEVER used her agility).
    Proof that denies what you said is that Cassy fought normally against Roxy, she didn't act like this before, so it's quite clear that "something" is affecting her now, and since we know that that "something" is Prissy than it makes PERFECT SENSE that she acts like this now since even Prissy has ALWAYS acted this way.

Quote Quote:
    Audrey's encounter with Riful
    Just because Riful likes to "play", it's what she has always done from the very beginning.

Quote Quote:
    H&D encounter with Isley
    No, just no.
    Isley wasn't playing around with Helen, he really was fighting at his best in his very weakened condition (and trying to not waste energy).
    If he awakened he would have won in an instant, but there was a very good reason why he didn't want to awaken and waste energy.....

Quote Quote:
    The most ridiculous form of it we've seen with Hysteria
    Ehm....Hysty was NEVER beaten to a pulp, she was killed with a trick, huge difference, it has nothing to do with "first bad guy is being beaten to a pulp, then he beats his opponents to a pulp" pattern.

Quote Quote:
    come on, how long can she play the part of a whipping boy?
    As long as Prissy did==> as long as she gets annoyed.............also let's stop pretending to not understand why this happens:
    if Yagi wanted to do differently he could have Cassy go full power from the very beginning and we'll have tons of new potentially interesting characters dying without even showing a little bit of what they could do, and i'm sure in that case there will be tons of people complaining something like "what's the point in introducing all those characters if they die so suddenly like morons? At least in Pieta even the characters that died they had a few chapters to show themselves!!!This is lame and idiotic!".

Quote Quote:
    This surprise happens too often to call it "simple surprise". They've seen so much already and can be surprised by something they can do? I don't think so.
    I don't think even the ghosts have seen a team of ABs as strong as the one in front of their eyes now,NEVER.

Regarding Miria, i don't see how the hell can you conclude that she is stronger than any of them. She wasn't even at the same level than Histy in human form and we have no idea how strong those ABs really are, sure they may not be abyssals, but they are basically the strongest thing there is beside abyssals.
    Miria also is not as great as you make her seem, she has the great advantage of speed (that it's surely one of the most important factors in fights, i don't deny it), but is she is against an AB where speed is not enough there is very little that she can do.......and to enter in the merit of the current situation,against Cassy those ABs are 100 time better than Miria since Miria's power is useless against Cassy, at best she can help the other as a decoy,nothing more.
    So yes, seeing someone that can actually destroy Cassy is surely something quite amazing, even more if you consider that the ghosts saw all those transformations and different attacks in a very fast sequence (and probably were still quite surprised to see that the ABs really decided to fight on their side, sure they hoped it would happen, but seeing with their own eyes is surely different).

Quote Quote:
    Except if you look closely the most surprised are the ones who fought Isley and even Priscilla (heck, even Isley should be much more fearsome than anyone except Octavia maybe).
    They were surprised even when they saw Isley and Prissy.
    What you say doesn't make any sense: if you go to the sea and see an huge wave 15 meters tall you are surprised.
    If after a few days you see a wave 10 meters tall, are you telling me that you won't be surprised anymore??? For the love of god, it's still an huge wave regardless, of course you would be surprised anyway!

Using your logic,when Deneve and company saw the 3 abyssals fighting they should have said something like: "sure they are strong, but hey, we have already seen Prissy, this is not amazing animore!"

Quote Quote:
    I don't see how small fries such as these ABs could instill fear in them.
    Those ABs are NOT small fries, hey are the best between the ones that came to see Prissy since they are the ones that were able to survive quite easily her first attack.
    Also, there is a very good chance that the ghosts are not surprised only by the strenght of those ABs, but also by the strangeness of some of their attacks and transformations.

Quote Quote:
    As for Clare doing more damage than any of the ABs, how is that relevant to what I've said? Clare is in a different league than any of the ghosts (which I know you agree with), while I was talking about Miria and Roxanne.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i was quite sure that you said that the ghosts seemed weak compared to the ABs.......and wel, Claire is still a ghost (even if it's true that i agree that she is in a different league).
    Ok, i admit using Claire wasn't very fair, but afterall, it's not that the ghosts are generally weaker than the ABs team, but imo it's true that against Cassy the ghosts are indeed weaker (Claire excluded) than the AB team since Miria, that after Claire is by far the strongest, is quite ineffective.
    The only other ghosts that could damage Cassy would be Helen and MAYBE Deneve (since it seems to have increased her physical strenght a lot), but let's be honest, Cassy is simply too strong for those 2 (even if Miria could be useful to defend Helen while she attacks,but still......).

In other words, against Cassy the ABs team is a lot better since every single one of them is powerful enough to damage Cassy......of course as soon as Cassy will get serious, i doubt they'll be able to do much unless Octavia and Chronos (if he joins) are a lot stronger than "normal".
    Last edited by MalakTawus; December 29, 2012 at 01:13 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised that the ABs turned out so cool. I guess I thought that they would look ridiculous, but they didn't. As it has been stated the chapter doesn't do much plot wise, but is very good artistically. And the Riful-doll seems to have the upper hand on priscilla, for now. We all know that priscilla is going to show her ridiculous strength and defeat Riful-doll.

New Reply
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast