Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

    2 6.06%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

    0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

    14 42.42%
  • 7 (Good)

    10 30.30%
  • 6 (Average)

    4 12.12%
  • 5 (Below Average)

    0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

    1 3.03%
  • 3 (Horrible)

    1 3.03%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

    0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

    1 3.03%
New Reply
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 235

Thread: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

  1. #61
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    555
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Quote:
    Also, I hope Chronos and Lars go insane and just start trashing Rabona immediately, so that we can witness Galatea and Miata do something truly wonderful.
    Don't leave Mama out of it equation...she's someone in desperate need of development, like so many others -- deliberate ambiguity is one thing, but this is ridiculous.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

  2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #62
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
    Don't leave Mama out of it equation...she's someone in desperate need of development, like so many others -- deliberate ambiguity is one thing, but this is ridiculous.
    My bet is still on her getting whacked so that Miata can awaken. This will force Gala to do something that's going to change things in a big way.

  4. #63
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Kenya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    I doubt Galatea would let Miata awaken. She should be more skilled than anyone when it comes to yoki sync.

    On that note, I'm wondering whether it's possible Galatea lost her "edge" as a warrior, akin to Teresa. After all, seven years without properly training will take a toll. Especially since she was more of a cheeky type, rather than tough and hardened. That could explain why she opted to stay behind.
    Shiro 2

  5. #64
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    I doubt Galatea would let Miata awaken. She should be more skilled than anyone when it comes to yoki sync.

    On that note, I'm wondering whether it's possible Galatea lost her "edge" as a warrior, akin to Teresa. After all, seven years without properly training will take a toll. Especially since she was more of a cheeky type, rather than tough and hardened. That could explain why she opted to stay behind.
    Galatea is no longer a warrior she stopped being one the moment she lost her eye site and joined the nunnery...like u said she lost her edge she no longer has what it takes to be a warrior but she still holds power so she can be useful
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #65
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Holy Terra
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    True to that, Galatea is still strong. She was able to hold on her own against Miata who is No. 1 material and that is something.
    She can still manipulate yoki dough, and that is quite useful in certain situations.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

    -Emperor of Mankind.


  8. #66
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hueco Mundo
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Galatea is the Queen of the Nuns XD But seriously though, her Yoki synch alone could probably pull Cassandra free i mean she froze the Turtle Awakened that was launched into Rabona by Destrilla

  9. #67
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Galatea wouldn't decide to stay behind all this time due to her skills weakening, even though I think her combat skills have probably weakened a little anyway. She was often times lighthearted and "cheeky" in her warrior days, but she was never cowardly. Not to imply that you might think she is a coward in her decision to stay out of combat, but her fear losing her life due to being out of practice would be the only reason. Instead, she said in at least two separate occasions (maybe more) that she is "not like the Ghosts". If my memory is correct, she said she isn't into the Ghosts' interests in the chapter where the Ghosts arrive to fight Agatha, and then again she says she's staying out of it when Deneve+crew set out to go find Miria at the Org HQ. It would seem Yagi really meant it that she sees herself as a sort of pacifist (unless somebody tries to **** with Rabona), and, this would probably justify her not helping out with Cassandra... even though it would still make sense for her to help out with this.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #68
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dark Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Kenya
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Galatea is no longer a warrior she stopped being one the moment she lost her eye site and joined the nunnery...like u said she lost her edge she no longer has what it takes to be a warrior but she still holds power so she can be useful
    & @ fluorideconspiracy as well.

    Ah, I meant to say, she decided to remove herself from the battle, not because she is weak, rather she no longer has the heart (or the edge) for it.

    But if it came to it, if she had to put her life on the line, I believe she would be more useful than Helen or Deneve, certainly stronger than them even if she is rusty. Maybe even as strong as Miria or stronger. We often forget that she was in actuality a no. 2 (her stats reflect that as well) since Beth was Alicia's equal.
    Last edited by Dark Night; December 29, 2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Shiro 2

  12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #69
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    聖都ラボイ
    Country
    Sunspear
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    God eye is "Youngling of the abyssal" what it says and dose it mean like a newly born and thus "young" abyssal one or dose it mean like u said a "youngling" of the abyssal one (meaning Rifuls offspring)
    That would be a big topic. It is stated as the "youngling of the Abyssal," or it's Abyssal's youngling or just Abyssal youngling, however, I'm not certain as what its true implication is. Maybe it is something newly born as you said or it is alluring to the idea that it is child of the Abyssal. I'm not sure if the side sentences are from Yagi sensei himself or if they are from the publishing editors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
    On that note, I'm wondering whether it's possible Galatea lost her "edge" as a warrior, akin to Teresa. After all, seven years without properly training will take a toll. Especially since she was more of a cheeky type, rather than tough and hardened. That could explain why she opted to stay behind.
    Galatea have delicated her life to the Holy City and its inhabitants as it has given her a chance to live as a normal human being. In a sense, she has lost her "edge" as a warrior in fighting at the frontline, but if harms are to come to the Holy City or its inhabitants, more than likely, Galatea would have her "edge" back in no time to protect and defend them. Thus, she stayed behind in the Holy City to defend it and protect the guards. She is still very strong, afterall she has the highest yoki release increase factor among her generation. (I always consider Galatea to be at least a No.2 in power because the fact is the Alicia and Beth were special and had matched powers, it's basically a two in 1 of No.1. Thus, Beth is not really a No.2, but a No.1 in power. Thus, any warrior who even qualified as a No.2 would never given such No. position because Beth is a No.1 level power warrior. {I know, I know, then there is Audrey... well she is either a fail or just weren't given anytime to shine at all lol} )

    Galatea's role now is a protector and caretaker, and an advisor to the ghosts. I have a strong feeling in the future Galatea would be taking care of the trainees once everything is settle down. (Galatea would be the Headmistress of a Claymore Trainees School for learning about yoki release and control, yoki sensing, yoki synchronization, yoki suppression, regeneration, and battle skills, etc lol)

    ---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

    @ Dark Night

    You and I have the same idea of Galatea being a No.2 in power lol
    Last edited by God Eye Galatea; December 29, 2012 at 09:49 PM.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  15. #70
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,664
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    That would be a big topic. It is stated as the "youngling of the Abyssal," or it's Abyssal's youngling or just Abyssal youngling, however, I'm not certain as what its true implication is. Maybe it is something newly born as you said or it is alluring to the idea that it is child of the Abyssal. I'm not sure if the side sentences are from Yagi sensei himself or if they are from the publishing editors.



    Galatea have delicated her life to the Holy City and its inhabitants as it has given her a chance to live as a normal human being. In a sense, she has lost her "edge" as a warrior in fighting at the frontline, but if harms are to come to the Holy City or its inhabitants, more than likely, Galatea would have her "edge" back in no time to protect and defend them. Thus, she stayed behind in the Holy City to defend it and protect the guards. She is still very strong, afterall she has the highest yoki release increase factor among her generation. (I always consider Galatea to be at least a No.2 in power because the fact is the Alicia and Beth were special and had matched powers, it's basically a two in 1 of No.1. Thus, Beth is not really a No.2, but a No.1 in power. Thus, any warrior who even qualified as a No.2 would never given such No. position because Beth is a No.1 level power warrior. {I know, I know, then there is Audrey... well she is either a fail or just weren't given anytime to shine at all lol} )

    Galatea's role now is a protector and caretaker, and an advisor to the ghosts. I have a strong feeling in the future Galatea would be taking care of the trainees once everything is settle down. (Galatea would be the Headmistress of a Claymore Trainees School for learning about yoki release and control, yoki sensing, yoki synchronization, yoki suppression, regeneration, and battle skills, etc lol)

    ---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

    @ Dark Night

    You and I have the same idea of Galatea being a No.2 in power lol
    in the same way that Irene was really a number 1 (due to Teresa having overwhelming power) and how Raph was really a number 1 aswell as she was her sisters equal .

    And ah i see i cant wait to find out "youngling" makes it sounds like offspring i really hope that things turns out to be Riful and duphs child (and its possible that Riful was pregnant as agatha said awakened beings are no different from a "real woman" when they are in human form.....so maybe before duph lost himself he tryed to bring riful back to life by infecting her and what he ended up doing was "infecting" his own child that was growing inside riful....and as we have no base line to compaire it to we have no way of determining how long and what a pregnant awakened being would look/what changed it would go through .


    You are right about galatea being devoted to the holy city really when it comes down to it i would say she is no longer a "claymore" but a "holy warrior" of the city just like the other guards (they treat galatea different from the other warriors....they even still call her "sister latea"....they treat her as if she was fully human and they seem to have great respect for her
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

  16. #71
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    If it is there child (not saying its not), its odd that they introduced it as a lower torso with blood sloshing out. From what I remember, dauf was holding the upper torso when fought Priscilla for the last time. Both parts would 'seem' to be halves of the same whole? Idk, maybe the child was located in the bottom half and simply hijacked what was left of rieful? Either way, I hope we get an explanation.

    As to the chapter, I'm overall fine with it. It's obviously an AB intro chapter mainly designed to show off some of there abilities. It's pretty short (26 pages), and seems more like a chapter to get all the pieces in place for the final epic phases of the battle.
    Last edited by Blazeoptimus; December 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM.

  17. #72
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SutterCain View Post
    The first thing I thought of when I saw Octavia's awakened form was Lady Godiva (especially with her long flowing hair). I agree with the previous poster that it is indeed, much more elegant than Hysteria's form, and probably would've suited her better. Oh well.
    Indeed, Octavia's form exudes a degree of eerie beauty that would've suited Hysteria better. However, we can't fault Yagi for trying to emphasize Hysteria's proficiency in speed in the most obvious way design-wise: lots and lots of legs. Also, there's the traction factor, so the legs have to be pointed for skewering the ground. No other animal can offer a better palette for design than an insect. Insects also have metamorphosis, which Hysteria underwent to achieve a more beautiful form. Despite the fact that the initial image of Hysteria's form seemed lopsided/top-heavy, there are images such as this that show that Hysteria's first form wasn't all that bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Looking at the chapter and having no time to read any of the posts except for Galatea's, I have to say that indeed Yagi has shown us finally the difference between an awakened N.1 and an awakened N.2 and any other number by simply telling us that Roxanne who stopped Cassandra was equal to at least 6 awakened being and 4 Claymores combined, many of which are as strong as N.1 and some are N.2s!
    This.

    I really don't think we can automatically say that Hysteria and Roxanne are really weak just because these ABs managed to damage Cassandra and avoid being eaten. Cassandra's attention is divided and she hasn't even entered DE mode yet. Cassandra immediately busted out the DE the moment Roxanne started attacking. It may very well be that Roxanne's whips travel at velocities only AO-level beings can avoid consistently. Maybe she wouldn't even need to release her blades against this lot and just chop them to pieces with her regular attacks. Hysteria's speed may also be such that these ABs won't even get the chance to transform before seeing gaping wounds in their torsos.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    True to that, Galatea is still strong. She was able to hold on her own against Miata who is No. 1 material and that is something.
    She can still manipulate yoki dough, and that is quite useful in certain situations.
    Oh, I'd love it if Miata were to awaken and for Galatea to demonstrate such an amazing level of yoki control and synchronization that she would be able to keep Miata's soul intact despite not being related.

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #73
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member littleangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Jordan
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Fermat View Post
    Indeed, Octavia's form exudes a degree of eerie beauty that would've suited Hysteria better. However, we can't fault Yagi for trying to emphasize Hysteria's proficiency in speed in the most obvious way design-wise: lots and lots of legs. Also, there's the traction factor, so the legs have to be pointed for skewering the ground. No other animal can offer a better palette for design than an insect. Insects also have metamorphosis, which Hysteria underwent to achieve a more beautiful form. Despite the fact that the initial image of Hysteria's form seemed lopsided/top-heavy, there are images such as this that show that Hysteria's first form wasn't all that bad.
    Indeed.. Everyone looked at her title and forgot that when warriors awaken its about releasing their full potentials (Which in her case her unbeatable speed). I always looked at Hysteria as if she had to sacrifice her looks for more powers which tells us she was a warrior to the bone! The only weakness I suppose Hysteria did hold is that she is provokable! This can be used against anyone even in real life it can make the one who is right wrong because of something done while being provoked! But in different scenarios I agree than she can rival even Isley as she is faster than him and being smaller in size might help her to be able to hit him and he can't because of him super large size.

    Quote Quote:
    This.

    I really don't think we can automatically say that Hysteria and Roxanne are really weak just because these ABs managed to damage Cassandra and avoid being eaten. Cassandra's attention is divided and she hasn't even entered DE mode yet. Cassandra immediately busted out the DE the moment Roxanne started attacking. It may very well be that Roxanne's whips travel at velocities only AO-level beings can avoid consistently. Maybe she wouldn't even need to release her blades against this lot and just chop them to pieces with her regular attacks. Hysteria's speed may also be such that these ABs won't even get the chance to transform before seeing gaping wounds in their torsos.
    That's exactly what I thought of, as if almost everyone just made their conclusion right away without giving it a second thought thinking what if it was the other way around?? Roxanne and Cassandra were on like another levels as both were able to kill the other one if only had the right plan and tactics, while here even with all the help they can get and all their numbers and powers they were just able to stop her!!!! Just how powerful were those N.1s!! Really.. I think what we saw here is the same when Teresa fought Priscilla, as we couldn't conclude just how powerful Teresa, Priscilla or even Irena from that battle (the ESs were able to do so). So if thinking about it in this way, those 3 AOs were not only strong and powerful, they were demons indeed stronger than anything we have seen. Even Isley I bet wouldn't live against a combo of all these warriors and ABs against him alone and Cassandra is looking at them as if they were garbage!

    Quote Quote:
    Oh, I'd love it if Miata were to awaken and for Galatea to demonstrate such an amazing level of yoki control and synchronization that she would be able to keep Miata's soul intact despite not being related.
    Yagi doesn't leave a character alive unless they have a purpose, even those he killed and felt they were meant for something, he provided it in an ES. So for her to live. So she either has a huge role in the main land (as a leader or something) or she will show her powers trying to stop something very dangerous from happening.

  20. #74
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    But in different scenarios I agree than she can rival even Isley as she is faster than him and being smaller in size might help her to be able to hit him and he can't because of him super large size.
    I've argued this in the past. Not many share the sentiment.

    Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    Even Isley I bet wouldn't live against a combo of all these warriors and ABs against him alone and Cassandra is looking at them as if they were garbage!
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Isley is a very formidable opponent with the ability to modify himself to suit the situation. His high-velocity homing arrows could probably take care of everyone except Octavia, who can disassemble herself like Riful and let the arrows pass through. A longsword-type weapon of utmost cutting capacity could probably take care of her. As for the bladed gal with the QS-like attack, a high enough arrow density from all directions should take care of her, as her blades can't be everywhere at the same time. Just to clarify, I'm not saying it'd be a piece of cake for him. He'd probably exert quite a bit of effort.

  21. #75
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
    (...)What you say doesn't make any sense: if you go to the sea and see an huge wave 15 meters tall you are surprised. (...)
    I meant Rigaldo not Isley, i.e.:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    (heck, even Isley Rigaldo should be much more fearsome than anyone except Octavia maybe).(...)
    As for the rest, I stand by what I said.



    Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    (...)I wonder if Cynthia would meet Cassandra in the mental world, her uncanny resemblance to her dead friend might actually play a part in bring her back. (...)
    That is a very good point. I totally forgot about that fact. I'm afraid though that when Yagi drew Cassie's friend he didn't have anything like that in mind, he was just out of the ideas and it was Cynthia's turn to be copied and pasted.

    @Fermat
    I don't think that Isley would have more of a problem with defeating Hysteria than he had with Luciella. As you've pointed out yourself he has homing arrows which should travel faster than any AO, Hysteria being no exception. And with Hysteria's armour being as weak as we've seen one shot would be enough to kill her. I think Riful would have more problems than him although IMO she would win against her too. The same goes for Luciella who would eat her the moment she would be touched by her (so during her attack). The way I see it Hysteria would be defeated by any AO if she fought them but thanks to her speed she could choose not to and just fly away or escape using ground route.

New Reply
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts