Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 6.06%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

14 42.42%
  • 7 (Good)

10 30.30%
  • 6 (Average)

4 12.12%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 3.03%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 3.03%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 3.03%
New Reply
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

He fixed this for the tankobon version, the raws weren't missing anything, he just added it later so that volumes would be even better. Something similar happend in Agatha chapters. Volume 14 had some significant changes too although this one takes the cake I think. See here:

Spoiler show

Translated version here (thanks to Cyclone): http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...27#post2220927

BTW, regarding chapter 129, notice that Yagi has put in extra work in redrawing Clare's tits :]. They were rather sketchy before.
    Last edited by Goral; January 09, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    He fixed this for the tankobon version, the raws weren't missing anything, he just added it later so that volumes would be even better. Something similar happend in Agatha chapters. Volume 14 had some significant changes too.
    Yeah, mangakas (as well as comic western book artists) tend to do that every once in a while.

BTW, regarding chapter 129, notice that Yagi has put in extra work in redrawing Clare's tits :].
    And I am very grateful for that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Goral
    Thank you for those pictures
    I thought that Clare's scar went all the way down, but it does not. And as Brother Coa said, Yagi added a few more drawings as well for two more pages.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shiek927's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very very much Gooral -- happy to see that this wasn't because of a censorship issue or anything like that.
    You know, there are as many ways to live as there are people in this world...and each one deserves a closer look.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Version 2 of chapter 130 - this one has even more significant changes: http://mibscanlations.blogspot.com/2...version-2.html

Compare:
    Spoiler: old version show

With:
    Spoiler: new version show

One page was removed, 3 were added and the scene was changed completely (the flow of the story is better when you compare it with chapter 129). Miria didn't even have a chance to try and stop Priscilla, lol. Looks like Yagi is reading my criticism ;P.

Thank Gernot for translating these additional pages (by going to his translation page, assuming you haven't done this already).
    Last edited by Goral; January 10, 2013 at 06:19 AM.

7. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Goral:

What do you make of these additional pages? Why did Yagi not publish these during the initial release? Are the a kind of "Director's Cut" as with movies that later released in DVD/Blue-Ray? Without a doubt, the changes enhance that part of the story give it a better flow. Some of the pictures are just simply of higher quality. Yagi's initial drawing of Clare with the frontal scar was "amateurish" at best. The figure looked wretched. The revision was far more representative of a young lady.

It's the same with the revised Chapter 130. Why say that Miria's attack proved unsuccessful. The first panel of the third page that shows us Priscilla's gaze is more direct/poignant than any words/phrase. Clearly the Apocalypse has returned, and with great fury.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    One page was removed, 3 were added and the scene was changed completely (the flow of the story is better when you compare it with chapter 129). Miria didn't even have a chance to try and stop Priscilla, lol. Looks like Yagi is reading my criticism ;P.
    I think it's the other way around! With this, he reduced Priscilla's speed and made Miria capable of attacking her!! Because before Priscilla was the ultimate speed and Miria was less than her, but with this, she has a chance now.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those new pages are even better than the other ones! Now we got to see a little bit more of Clare and Raki's reunion. Clare even embraces Raki

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member God Eye Galatea's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Goral and Gernot for those additional pages of Chapters 129 and 130!

It's looks like Priscilla wasn't able to break free from the blob, but rather after Clare is kicked out or pushed out, Priscilla just took off with the whole blob, doesn't look like any blacken mass was left behind now. Thus, it increases the probability even more that parts of the Destroyer is physically fused with Priscilla now, so the Destroyer Priscilla would likely be able to recover even after getting its head rip off by Riful-Doll, since the Destroyer is part of that body.
    (Worst case scenario, there would be two Destroyer Priscillas! The body would regenerate another head and the head regenerate another body... it can continue to do after getting its head rip apart, but hopefully it would be a bit weaker each time since the body is being divided... The only way to kill it would be depleting its yoki or shredding all the Destroyer Priscilla spawns to pieces like fighting the hellcats... Well, it could be one way for Clare, the ghosts, and the awaken being to actually being able to defeat Destroyer Priscilla, but before that Riful-Doll would have been finished off by all the Destroyer Priscillas)

I agree with littleangel that now Miria may still have a chance of actually being able to attack Destroyer Priscilla, since she never actually unleashed her fastest Phantom Sword Technique on her.

All the additional pages, the ghosts facial reactions and Clare embracing Raki back made this scene much more touching and less rushed.

After seeing the scar again, I remember something I forgot to mention before, the stitching for the scar is probably organic matter and may likely be their hair. Much like Anastasia's hair for her Winged technique, if the stitching is indeed their hair then it would react to yoki and reinforced itself so that it wouldn't break easily even under extreme movements. Remember one string of Anastasia's hair is able to support the weight of a warrior, unless Anastasia's hair is unique only to her, I think it's the Claymore biology that their hair is reactive to yoki. It's just Anastasia is more skilled at putting out hair web as a technique.

15. Like 8 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

The idea of division is quite smart and if used may be a key of how Clare defeats Priscilla without impossible situations like unleashing Teresa's powers. But for the hair thing, I don't know, because hair is made of keratin and keratin is quite resistant to most proteolytics and that's why you can't digest hair (so if you are starving, hair won't help).. But the thing is there is something that occurs when the body has a large foreign body in it, the macrophages fuse and make what is called foreign body giant cell which causes a chronic inflammation.. Anyway, I don't know if this can digest keratin (haven't taken that and I cant find an answer in my books.. So some expert help is needed). So if it is not broken down by this complex or the other leukocytes, then it is possible, else I think it could be something else that is indeed unbreakable or digestible by the body and even by microbes. But both ways, great post indeed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Goral for sharing there, this version of Chapter 130 was WAY better than the original.
    Love the extended Clare/Raki scene, it's good that he showed that she actually hug him and smiled. She looked so cold in the original release.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest though, such extensive changes make me worried. Yagi making such significant corrections as in chapter 130 might be interpreted as him making shit up as he goes and not thinking too far ahead.

Anyway, personally I disagree with littleangel's and God Eye Galatea's interpretation, i.e. that Yagi removed Miria page so that he would have a room for her attack later. The way I see it it would make more sense if Yagi would decide that Priscilla would be far too fast for Miria to even attempt doing it, i.e. even though she wanted to attack Priscilla and planned the thing that we've seen in previous version, it was futile since before she could even release enough youki Priscilla was gone. Of course, she could have tried releasing youki earlier, before even Raki had a chance to free Clare but she probably waited to see whether it would work or not (since going over the limit should be dangerous although for some reason it doesn't seem to apply to Miria).

But to be honest, even if Miria would attack and be fast enough, if she couldn't even scratch Cassandra I don't see how she could do any better against Priscilla. So in the end I'm not sure why this change was made. One thing's for sure, it must have been important since the whole scene changed and he basically ripped some people off. If every volume would have so many and so significant changes as volume 23, Yagi would assure that people who bought Jump SQ magazine for Claymore would also buy tankobon version just to see the right ending. Heck, for all we know Yagi might redo whole manga again, one in which Miria dies in chapter 107 (or whatever it was) ;P.

Well, there is also the possibility that anime is in the works and a page without narrator is better suited for this (it doesn't feel as artificial or infantile and it shows that mangaka isn't using short-cuts since an all-knowing first person telling us what to think is taking shortcuts, at least for mangakas).

BTW, I wonder how Galatea managed to "treat" herself. Unless someone else knew about it she shouldn't be able to do it herself, she's blind after all (not to mention that it doesn't look like a 1-person job. So God Eye Galatea, how did you do that? ;P
    Last edited by Goral; January 10, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The way I see it it would make more sense if Yagi would decide that Priscilla would be far too fast for Miria to even attempt doing it, i.e. even though she wanted to attack Priscilla and planned the thing that we've seen in previous version, it was futile since before she could even release enough youki Priscilla was gone.
    That's the thing Yagi is trying to prevent, as he wants Miria now to be the fastest in Claymore. Indeed the fastest doesn't mean the strongest and this is the case of Cassandra plus when we go back Miria was near death in that situation as Hysteria did an outstanding damage to her, so maybe she can do better now that she is completely healed (except for the X on her face!).

Quote Quote:
    (since going over the limit should be dangerous although for some reason it doesn't seem to apply to Miria).
    Probably another thing Yagi wanted to add, but still she could go mad at that time as she wished because Cynthia, Yuma and Tabitha were present and so she had a Yoki synchronization support to pull her back if she is near awakening.

Quote Quote:
    But to be honest, even if Miria would attack and be fast enough, if she couldn't even scratch Cassandra I don't see how she could do any better against Priscilla.
    I don't know, but I generally disagree with this point, because if you go back, Priscilla didn't have that powerful armor or tough skin but Cassandra on the other hand does, so Miria has a chance to damage Priscilla but less likely to do so to Cassandra unless like I said at that time she was so beat up that couldn't do it and barely did what she did with Hysteria only for Cynthia's and Yuma's treatment.

Quote Quote:
    Well, there is also the possibility that anime is in the works and a page without narrator is better suited for this (it doesn't feel as artificial or infantile and it shows that mangaka isn't using short-cuts since an all-knowing first person telling us what to think is taking shortcuts, at least for mangakas).
    It barely happened in the manga as Clare was doing this job most of the time but only when she was talking about something of the past or stuff in her brain else I don't remember this happening. But this indeed increases the chance for the anime to have a second part or like FMA: brotherhood which is what I want.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway the changes are great, they are surely much better than the original release. Yagi probably thought that Miria acted a little out of the line when she attacked Priscilla herself, and he corrected that by making her and ghosts around her to make a stance and wait for her attack. That showed us that Miria is not rushing always toward death alone but actually waiting with her comrades for the attack. Why Yagi probably retconned her fastest attack to use it later int he manga, but like Goral said if she was not able to even scratch Cassandra what good could she do against Priscilla? We wil lsee, maybe her fastest attack will play some role in the end...

Scene with Clare in 129 was redone for better details ( breats and that scar needed to be redone, Yagi probably read forums where people were wondering how long the scar actually goes ) and to show everyone's joy for Clare's return, that was hearth touching and nice add on to the scene.

Scene with Clare in Raki in 130 should have been added in the beginning, to show us that Clare is still carrying for Raki, before this we had Raki hugging her and in next scene she is already prepared for battle... this add on made that scene much better imo, it shows us that Clare is still loving Raki even if she said earlier that she only wanted to say good-buy and go die in battle against Priscilla.

Oh God Emperor please let this be true...
    But they will need to correct the original lending if they want to do continue the anime where they have stopped.
    A ten to fifteen episode OVA ( each around 40 minutes ) would be much better option.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
    Anyway the changes are great, they are surely much better than the original release. Yagi probably thought that Miria acted a little out of the line when she attacked Priscilla herself, and he corrected that by making her and ghosts around her to make a stance and wait for her attack. That showed us that Miria is not rushing always toward death alone but actually waiting with her comrades for the attack. Why Yagi probably retconned her fastest attack to use it later int he manga, but like Goral said if she was not able to even scratch Cassandra what good could she do against Priscilla? We wil lsee, maybe her fastest attack will play some role in the end...

Scene with Clare in 129 was redone for better details ( breats and that scar needed to be redone, Yagi probably read forums where people were wondering how long the scar actually goes ) and to show everyone's joy for Clare's return, that was hearth touching and nice add on to the scene.

Scene with Clare in Raki in 130 should have been added in the beginning, to show us that Clare is still carrying for Raki, before this we had Raki hugging her and in next scene she is already prepared for battle... this add on made that scene much better imo, it shows us that Clare is still loving Raki even if she said earlier that she only wanted to say good-buy and go die in battle against Priscilla.

Oh God Emperor please let this be true...
    But they will need to correct the original lending if they want to do continue the anime where they have stopped.
    A ten to fifteen episode OVA ( each around 40 minutes ) would be much better option.
    my lord you are set on a OVA lol

But if they are doing another anime they would be starting over from the start(they may even change/do scenes in a new way?) remember they would want to be able to sell the "new season"......but dont hold your breath if there is ever going to be a anime it will be after claymore is finished (once the last chapter is written they can start working on a anime.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

New Reply
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast