Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter! (Average rating: 7.1 / 10)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (It's over 9000)

2 6.06%
  • 9 (top five BEST chapters)

0 0%
  • 8 (Epic)

14 42.42%
  • 7 (Good)

10 30.30%
  • 6 (Average)

4 12.12%
  • 5 (Below Average)

0 0%
  • 4 (Bad)

1 3.03%
  • 3 (Horrible)

1 3.03%
  • 2 (top five WORST chapters)

0 0%
  • 1 (Painful- words can't even describe it)

1 3.03%
New Reply
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore 134 Discussion / 135 Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Friday's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 134 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by God Eye Galatea View Post
    Thank you Gene for the early chapter! Happy New Year to you too!

Here is my translation. =)

Hades' Battle Prowess

The warriors are played by Cassandra, in the midst of danger during this battle, appear in front of them is Octavia leading the awaken beings who have endured countless battles!!

• Miria: You guys...
    • Octavia: Really good for nothing eh. At this time even if we have to finish her, we must stop this girl (child).
    • Miria: Ku.
    • Octavia: Ah.
    • Helen: Wha..
    • Octavia: Hmm-- No way it's stopping her, no matter how much we attack those head diversions, her main body is still not affect at all.
    • Octavia: Really sorry for calling you guys good for nothing, facing this kind of top level opponent, you guys are already doing you best.
    • Helen: Wha..
    • Miria: Wild Horse Octavia
    • Helen: Oww.
    • Miria: Hurry back away, we will be caught up in it.
    • Tabitha: Cassandra's footsteps have stopped.
    • Tabitha: Right now, let's pull out Cassandra's sense of self that is deep within.
    • Lars: This... What is this thing?
    • Lars: A monster that appeared in this place that is even stronger that the monster that surpasses the Abyssal.
    • Lars: The victor is being revealed.
    Cassandra has stopped her footsteps... Priscilla is being crushed by the youngling of the Abyssal... A heavenly assistance could not even be thought of, would the plan of stopping the merging be a success just like this...!?
    can we class this as the least dialogue in the entire series?????

this chapter was more action and less talk

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year Wish all the best of luck this year And for Claymore as well..

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

BTW I just noticed that it was Lars who said that Riful is stronger than Priscilla and since I take his talk the entire opposite, then it's Priscilla that is stronger.
    Last edited by littleangel; January 02, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

@littleangel
    Yep, Ryus has pointed it out earlier and made a great post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
    Crap chapter... agree with Goral (BTW Goral can't translate ATM... computer died, stuck with cell phone only. Worse car died at the same time so stuck fixing that first so be a while for PC to get fixed (hard disk dying, car issue unknown... maybe I'm in a bad mood due to that and more be going on with me ATM, sorry if I come off as rude))

Anyways as stated before this CH was all needless hype before the destined merging take place... so what if Lars called Riful/Dauf the winner since Kronos didn't. So what if the ABs can destroy a head each... Claire destroyed half a dozen at once and actually hit the main body. Art work was good but not great and that spiked ball AB, really is Yagi trying any more? If this is what we're going to get from now on just end it quickly and stop the needless hyping already... we all know how it will turn out with the ABs killing each other off and the power of sisterhood saving every last warriors life with Claire and Raki getting a happy ending.

As for "usual customers", it's true that real life may be one of the reasons they're not posting but it's only a small part of the problem. Arturro, Cyclone and some others have always (by that I mean since 2007) been busy with work and RL but they could somehow find the time nonetheless. 10sigh thanks to whom we have the best parts of Claymore translated has also lost interest in the series ever since Extra Scenes started to appear. We practically had to beg him on digitalpanic forum (where he resided and was a moderator) to translate ES 4 which he considered as crappy. To be honest I'm surprised that he went as far as translating to 80th chapter. And it's not because he didn't have time since later he switched to much better manga - Dorohedoro (where the author cares more about presenting her own story rather than presenting a story that would appeal to masses which I think Yagi was doing until 12th volume).
    On the other hand many others I've mentioned still post rather frequently on other forums (Ryus for example is more interested in Fairy Tail than in Claymore, at least when it comes to discussing it) and Claymore lost the top spot in their eyes. I also prefer many other manga than Claymore but I still love to discuss it and have a sentiment/fondness for it (not to mention that it comes out only once a month so it's not that hard to find at least some time to discuss it).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

First off all... Happy New Year to everyone

Second off all, regarding Claymore story... I agree to what some of people said here: the story has gone far from it's original run in an attempt to make it a little longer. I must admit that there is a LOT of things we didn't see and that are more than interesting ( the mainland, it's war, Askaram... ), but Claymore started with one simple plot - a women who lost everything and who is on it's path for revenge.

Claymore has always been around Clare and her journey, her motives and ultimate fate. Shortly after the manga started ( after chapter 24, 25 ) we already knew what will this story be about - revenge. in order to achieve it Clare sacrificed everything, even her own Humanity to get to it ( in a sense that she is no more human in physical form, not in mind or her emotions ). And along the way we have this boy Raki, who was abandoned and who was taken care by her. Ultimately this boy represented her way back to Humanity, because Clare started to worry more about his safety then her revenge. We can see that after she finished her fight with Ophelia, if she was her old self she would return to Organization. But she did exact opposite, she became a deserter in order to find him and protect him ( never mind the kiss ).

The way I see it, Yagi is probably trying to cut all the lose ends before he finish Claymore. We can see that seven years skip, when he stooped focusing story only on Clare. Until then the story was focused primary on her ( with the exception of Teresa path ), after the seven years skip he started to cut all lose ends of the manga. He first started with Galatea, showing us how she turned from warrior into holy sister and how she changed from being silvered eyed slayer into protector and defender ( also caretaker ) of ordinary Humans. Then he changed to Isley, showing us some of his real motives ad ultimate end. Then he shifted to Riful and showed us her ultimate end, after Riful came the demise of Organization and now probably the finale - the demise of every AB left on the continent.

Now this is where most people find Claymore boring, because it was no more about Clare but story shifted to one plot after another without Clare interfering or doing anything ( the biggest one she was absent was probably the Organization fall, if she was present there there would be a lot less unnecessary blood shed ). But in a way Yagi also started to bring her story line to the end. First we have her following the Ghosts and again never living her search for that boy that she lost along the way, after she again got separated from the main group first she meet Rubel ( now what are the chance of that ? ) who immediately gave her instructions on what to do ( true to be told, it was more of advice then actual order. But after he put it like he did who would do the opposite of that? ). Then we have her meeting Raphaela who warns her about some big mistake she is going to make after witch she inherit all her memories. After that we have her finally meeting Priscilla after Teresa's death and she almost die if not for Helen, Deneve and the Destroyer, here we could see that she is not yet strong enough to kill her. After that she is absorbed into the destroyer together with Priscilla ( acting as some form of lock that keeps Priscilla in check ), from witch she is only released after hearing/sensing that boy again from seven years ago. And now he have her more powerful then even and unlike at the beginning of the manga - with friends.

We can see that Yagi also worked on her story but as a result of putting Clare's story at corner and working with the resolution of other ones that cost him some popularity points ( witch proves one thing - there is no story without main protagonist ). Even now he is keeping her at side while all the main fighting is done by others ( but this is normal because Clare always act on the side and making a real difference later during the battle, just like she did in Awakened Being hunt and Pieta battles ). Now we have alrge parts of the story moved onward, we have Priscilla, Clare, Ghosts, Riful, and the remaining AB's fighting in one battle while the "last" of MiB is observing it from the side. It is safe to assume that this battle will probably be the last on Claymore island regarding AB's and AO's, the only question here is will it be the decisive battle regarding Clare and her original path of revenge.

For me at least this is how the story will progress:

-Priscilla and Clare will face again in battle and this time Clare will kill her ( normally after Raki bring her back to her senses and thus making her vulnerable for Clare to make her killing move ). This will conclude story in no more than two years and max. of 20 more chapters.

or:

-Something happened during the battle and Priscilla run away, she somehow end on the Mainland and Clare goes on Mainland with her friends ( Ghosts and Raki included, but I also wouldn't be surprised if several more characters like Diethrich or Anastasia come along too ). This move can continue the story for a long time, it can very well bring Claymore one day up to 200'th chapter.

Now I would personally love for option 2 because I would also love to see how the Mainland looks like. But it will probably be the option 1 because almost all requirements are met to end the Claymore original story ( AB's will be no more, Organization is done for as well, Yoma will not last long against 50+ Claymores hunting them all across the continent ), the only problem being how will Clare kill Priscilla. She is still not strong enough even with all of her powerups, but in Claymore it was not always the question of strenght - but tactics and planning. And if we take into consideration what Chronos told Raki I am pretty sure that he will be the key in bringing her down. But even this is far-fetched because anything could happened and Yagi-san has a lot of option on his hands.

In the end, I would not mind if Yagi don't finish the story here and prolong it. But as Shiek927 said, it would be best if Claymore was to end here, with this battle and Yagi start another series based on Mainland war later. We will what will happened, it all depends on the next several chapters.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MalakTawus's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, about Riful and Isley, one must keep in mind that when a warrior awakens their state of mind changes and that means that when Riful and Isley awakened they could've been like Luciella just wanted to get out and the destruction seemed to be done not because she attacked but because she simply awakened inside the Organization and that resulted into killing half of the Organization with its trainees.

You are absolutely right, when warriors awakens i guess they need a transition period to really regain some kind of "mental equilibrium" since they are probably overwhelmed by the unknown sensations and urges of their fresh new awakened body.

Quote Quote:
    And BTW I tried the quick read and really like the chapters that I thought were half good!

I suggested that since it happened to me too.
    When i was waiting for Claire's return i was quite annoyed by the story continuing to focus on other things since personally i feel that this manga gives its best when focuses on Claire and use her to narrate what happens all around.....but with my great surprised, as soon as read the whole story in rapid succession i noticed that there was no discontinuity at all and that the flow of the story had no problem at all, infact even now i recently reread the whole manga till now and even Claire's interminable absence in real time feels actually very short story-wise and the reader has no perception at all that the story loses its focus.

Like i already said, it's possible that this changes from people to people, but for me reading the whole story in succession was very good and eliminated the "feeling" that the story in the second part (after time-skip) was taking a bad turn and losing focus on the main theme of the manga.

And i also agree about ZAOs, for some strange reason even for me they didn't felt "out of place" anymore,lol.......probably (but i'm not sure, i'm just guessing) because looking the manga as a whole picture it's easier to see that in reality strange things happened since the very beginning.
    Hell, actually one of the most strange and mysterious creature in the whole claymore universe is Claire herself, the main character, lol.

Quote Quote:
    And as for all who stopped commenting here on the forum, I can't blame them, because I knew many of those like for more than 5 years and 5 years shouldn't be taken lightly as some may have got married and have children and don't have time for Claymore.. I'm still 19 but some I remember when I joined AS were in their late 20s so after all this time, I don't think that any manga not even Claymore got a time on their busy schedule not to mention that many are ashamed especially when they get married and have children to keep reading mangas so I don't blame them at all.. After all we have things to keep us super busy in real life so I'm not taking this as a way to say Claymore has gotten worse or anything but its time that keep moving and life is getting busier.
    Probably this is not the case for everyone that left, but it's surely something to consider.
    I myself, even if i love Claymore, have not as much free time like in the past (surely not as much as when i started following Claymore.....Oh, god!It's more than 10 years!!! I didn't celebrate the anniversary!!!LoL) infact even if i always try to follow the forum there are periods where i can't at all.......but of course this is true for all the adults that like mangas, this is life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR to EVERYONE

PS: Don't mind the font,lol.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

@Shiek

About the whole AS situation i want to say to you just one simple thing: don't worry.
    No really, i admit that it was quite sad how things ended over there, but i think most of the "veterans" over there were able to see that there were good reasons behind it (or at least a difference in view that arrived to a point where it couldn't be ignored anymore), it's not that it happened suddenly, the situation was already deteriorating for quite some time (and the irc channel surely was one clear indication) so what happened was something that would have happened anyway sooner or later, at least that's what i firmly belive.

Anyway, i already said this in the past, but since there is another occasion i want to express my gratitude to "mangahelpers" that accepted us and i'm sure that here will become another "Claymore-house" like the old AS forum (technically it already is) for all the fans of this manga, both the old "veterans" from AS and for all the other newer fans that we met here.
    Afterall, even if it's true that some people are not active like in the past (maybe they are lurkers? I also have periods where i'm mainly in lurker-mode), it's also true that we came to know also new fans here
    Last edited by MalakTawus; January 01, 2013 at 06:02 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently I'm reading quite a great posts here in the forum which is really interesting especially from those who are trying to defend the story and Claymore..

Quote Quote:
    Like i already said, it's possible that this changes from people to people, but for me reading the whole story in succession was very good and eliminated the "feeling" that the story in the second part (after time-skip) was taking a bad turn and losing focus on the main theme of the manga.
    I do feel that just like you said, because most people are talking about the time-skip as it was a bad thing, but I'm seeing it as a logical way to give Clare and everyone time to get powers in an acceptable way (Not like when Clare got Raphaela's memories which is a very special case to get powers but this cant happen to all the ghosts so 7 years although are long but they serve as a good ground to build characters and power up those from the old days). Even Galatea got her powers increased in those 7 years by increasing her Yoki sensing range and acuity which served as an important thing for the ghosts to relay on when Tabitha's or Clare's powers couldn't handle it. One thing that really disappointed me in the story was that Clare never focused on her Yoki sensory skills not till she got Raphaela's powers which is something I really wanted to see, as she can be with the QS the ultimate defense in the universe. But who knows maybe with time she will show us more of this and combined with Raphaela's technique she could accomplish much.

Quote Quote:
    -Priscilla and Clare will face again in battle and this time Clare will kill her ( normally after Raki bring her back to her senses and thus making her vulnerable for Clare to make her killing move ). This will conclude story in no more than two years and max. of 20 more chapters.
    I always thought that the best way for Claymore to end, is to end with a mystery! Just like that:
    Clare: I now stand as a new being, liberated from my first thought to be my sole purpose to live, and here after killing Priscilla I shall hold my sword and fight to free the world from the wicked of the Organization and all those monsters which dwells in it. Although I started alone, but now I'm no longer that, and with all my friends I march to the mainland.

Maybe someone with better English than me can write something better but still I hope you got my point.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

@Goral, I must say that people change the way they look at something with time, as we all know Claymore changed in plots over the time and that suited some and some didn't like that and as Coa said, Yagi is trying to finish everything left before the final battle because after that it would be meaningless like Bleach now so what he is doing is the right thing IMO else I would be less interested in the manga after Clare's and Priscilla's battle.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy new year to everyone.
    Anyways I really like the transformations of the ABS, all without exception.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Cassandra: “hmmm, tastes like shit. You must be a number 2!!! ):< "

14. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ulquihorror View Post
    Cassandra: “hmmm, tastes like shit. You must be a number 2!!! ):< "
    Do you know just how much I'd give to keep hearing Cassandra's excrement talk? lol I absolutely love her for that.
    She only have a total of four darn !s in this chapter!!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Claymore chapter MiB version:

Online (Batoto) | Tishare | Boxnet | Imagebam

Edit:
    Thank Gernot: http://mangahelpers.com/t/gernot/releases/36665
    Last edited by Goral; January 03, 2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Thank Gernot !

17. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

It's actually kind of gratifying to see Priscilla on the receiving end of an ass kicking for a change. Still wondering what Riful-thing actually is, though. All I can think of is that part of the Destroyer merged with Riful's remains somehow, but I don't think that's actually the case. Hmmm...

Anyway, I don't see the awakened beings taking down Cassandra, but if the Claymores succeed in bringing her out of her trance, she may just abandon the journey to fuse with Priscilla and settle in some region of the land like the previous Abyssal Ones did. But I wonder if what's actually going to happen is that Riful-thing is going to fuse with Priscilla instead - that would be bad news.

And what of the Destroyer anyway? Since both Clare and Priscilla are out of that cocoon, surely there's nothing keeping the Destroyer at bay? Shouldn't it also be free? Now that I think about it, maybe it is free, but it's simply transformed once again. Maybe Riful-thing is actually the Destroyer itself, having taken on the form of one of Priscilla's victims just to fight her in.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks for the chapter.

Nothing really changed, but the questions still remains. The most interesting part here are Lars and Chronos, they look scared. Just a moments ago Chronos was happy and smiling, now he is scarred and worried.
    And I too agree with others who criticize Lars and hos "the winner is decided thing", he just don't know Priscilla as well as we do

But overall the chapter is mediumcore, I understand why Ghosts had to retreat. After all every AB's and AO's battles have great splash damage when they are fought. So the Ghosts avoid getting hurt in it, and let the monsters fight among themselves. But these AB's don't look that much tough to me now, Clare alone was able to do much grater damage than all of them together. What is more interesting is that Cassandra has stooped and she is just sitting there silently, maybe she is having inner fight like Priscilla with Destroyer? It will be interesting to see if Tabitha, Cynthia and Uma will brign her back or is this just one trick to get all those AB's close to her so that she could finish them.

What I am most interested about for next chapter is Priscilla, she was beaten before but never this badly and she was never this close to death ( at least not since Teresa ). I just can't wait to see if she will regenerate in a nanosecond or transmit her yoki to Riful doll and absorb her body as well.

Now this is one thing I am confused, Lars said that Riful doll is a "monster that exceeds monster that exceeds the Abysal Ones". That would make Riful doll even stronger than Priscilla, witch is pure nonsense. What is everyone's thought about this?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    And what of the Destroyer anyway? Since both Clare and Priscilla are out of that cocoon, surely there's nothing keeping the Destroyer at bay? Shouldn't it also be free? Now that I think about it, maybe it is free, but it's simply transformed once again. Maybe Riful-thing is actually the Destroyer itself, having taken on the form of one of Priscilla's victims just to fight her in.
    Destroyer and Priscilla are in the same body, fighting mental battle for it's control and whoever wins will absorb the other and became stronger. That's the Ghost theory at least...

But I like your theory about Riful doll being controlled by destroyer to help itself win this battle.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the ghosts hoping Cassandra will join them ? Because isnt it strange that instead of trying to kill Cassandra while shes not interested in them they're trying to pull her free, and once her personality has returned shell probably wipe those Awakened out in seconds and might even attack the Ghostsfull force, unless Cynthia Tabatha and Yuma make her personality like it was when she was a Warrior ? I wonder though, what will Cassandra's reaction to having been controlled by Priscilla ? Will she still head towards the fight ?

Also, did anyone else think Priscilla was reaching out to the Riful-Doll before her arm was ripped off ?
    Last edited by BleachFan2010; January 02, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rifulnator rocks! But I wonder what's the aim of more overabyssals? Priscilla's uberstrong already, I can't imagine how the rest were going to take her down... maybe Rifulnator will beat Priscilla half-dead and vanish, so that there is a chance for Claire and co.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hiking_Bear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Still wondering what Riful-thing actually is, though. All I can think of is that part of the Destroyer merged with Riful's remains somehow, but I don't think that's actually the case. Hmmm...
    I really think that it is the child of Riful and Dauf. When Priscilla killed Riful, she didn't know that Riful was pregnant. The child survived the attack and emerged from Riful's womb. That is why it possesses the attack powers of both Riful and Dauf and it is stronger than both of them combined. When you merge two abyssals, you get something that is on the level of Priscilla/Destroyer. Technically Dauf isn't as strong as Riful, so maybe this thing isn't more powerful than Priscilla after all. Priscilla doesn't really care if most of her body gets destroyed (remember the fight against Isley?), so maybe she's not even worried. In Priscilla's fight against Destroyer-Dauf, she even welcomed being torn apart, because it helped her remember her fight against the Claymore that defeated her. Maybe this time she'll fully remember Teresa.
    Last edited by Hiking_Bear; January 02, 2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
    Edo Tensei summons the soul, not the body.

New Reply
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast