Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Will Raizel die within 50 chapters.(Chapter 312 )

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he will.

5 29.41%
  • No, he will not.

8 47.06%
  • 4 23.53%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 262 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Noblesse Chapter 262 Review

In last week's poll of whether or no Yuri would get killed, the majority thought Yuri would live and they were right. He lives to get pulverized another day.

Now onto the review.

Chapter Summary

Normally, I'd make some joke about Raizel not being immune to banana peels but I can't...too sad.

This week begins with Frankenstein and Seira walking into the storage room where Tao and Takeo are tied up and in rough shape, with Bonerre in tow. While Seira and Franky cut them loose Bonerre considers the situation and concludes that Yuri's escape would be the top priority. He attacks with one of his balls of light and is immediately pin-cushioned by Franky.

As Bonerre lay on the ground dying Franky asks him if he came all this way to die. To which Bonerre replies that his attack was not intended for him or Seira. Franky then notices that the attack somehow made both Tao and Takeo's condition take to turn for the worse so Franky and Seira quickly pick them up and head toward Franky's lab for treatment. As they leave Bonerre dies.

Elsewhere, Crombell notices the passing of one of his assassin's and he gets a call from Yuri that confirms that Bonerre is dead; and goes on to say that both Elders have also died. This news surprises Crombell but when he asks who killed them Yuri can't say for sure but he knew they were fighting and Frankenstien and Seira. He also gives an update that Mark is returning with the data from Franky's computer, news which greatly excites Crombell.

Back at Franky's house, he and Seira return the injured to the lab only to find it smashed and M-24 missing. Which proves to be particularly bad since Franky can't heal Tao and Takeo with his lab in this state. They go through all the options (KSA who lack the equipment, and his backup lab which is a day away from being ready) but the sad reality is that, without his lab, Franky can't save them.

As they are agonizing over this Raizel walks in and announces that he will awaken them. Franky tries to talk him out of it but Raizel insists. Hearing the dangers both Tao and Takeo also try to tell him not to. They thank him and tell him it's been so much fun living lately that they don't mind this end. Raizel refuses them too, saying that their safety is his responsibility and adding that he had a lot of fun too. With this is he takes a bit of each of their blood and awakens them then he collapses.

Meanwhile, the Union Elders holds a meeting about the deaths of the 10th and 11th Elders. After a short deliberation they decide that Lukedonia must have been involved and that from now on the Union is at war; something which the Elders seem disturbingly pleased about. Their first move is to send the 5th, 7th, and 8th Elders to South Korea to "pass judgement" on those involved in the deaths for the 10th and 11th.

Chapter Review

Not to rub salt in a wound there pal, but you didn't make it very far.

Substance

Now things are really picking up. A war between Lukedonia and the Union is officially "on"; and the first battle will be fought in South Korea as a group of three higher ranked Elders are on the way. With Raizel's condition worse than it's ever been.

Raizel collapsing after awakening both Tao and Takeo is big. We won't know until next week how big but it sure seems like his candle is burned almost all the way down. His condition has gone from barely noticeable to debilitating in less than 50 chapters and things show every sign of getting harder as the Union starts a war in earnest.

Speaking of the war, the deployment of the 5th, 7th, and 8th Elders is obviously a huge deal. According to the theory that the 6 ex-Clan Leaders are the top six elders of the union, the 5th Elder is a former Lukedonia Clan Leader. In addition to that, one of the Elders made the comment that "It's been far too long" since he fought nobles. Which is quite an ominous declaration. So this group is likely to be an a whole other level from anything we've seen before.

Crombell's goons were frustratingly successful this arc. Mark snagging Franky's computer files is something that seems like it will become the seed of future troubles; particularly if it contains information on the Dark Spear (which it probably does) possibly even enough information for him to copy it. Yuri got away clean, again, but seems to be sticking around South Korea. I have to satisfy myself with the truly pathetic death of Bonerre.

The only positive to come out of this chapter was Tao and Takeo being awakened. It's unclear how much power they will gain but hopefully it will be enough so that their next "conversation" with Yuri goes a little differently.

Presentation

Artwork was fine. There weren't any problems that I noticed, other than M-21's nose looking a bit funny in one panel, but neither was there anything I found to be all that impressive. Detail was moderate to low. Backgrounds looked fine. Facial expressions expressed the emotions they needed to but didn't exactly "hit it out of the park". Overall, I'd rate it a little on the shady side of average.

Pacing was really good. This chapter covered a lot of ground in the story and did it seamlessly without feeling rushed at all.

Overall Rating

A chapter that feels bigger than it really was due the sheer scale of some of it's implications. Unfortunately, the presentation didn't seem quite as strong as it could have been.

I give it a 4 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • The 5th Elder is a ex-Lukedonia Clan Leader

Old Predictions: (20 Wins/ 25 Losses)

"The interrogator Yuri spoke of is Mark-24" - Loss

Like I said last week me guessing something perfectly right happens..once a year. I'm not sure we'll ever know who his interrogator was going to be, so I'll call this my loss.

"M-24 will die." - Loss

He lives to get ganked another day.

"Na Yontsu will get mixed feeling about recruiting Shin Woo and Ikkan." - Loss

Also wrong. Has been for a while, actually. I just forgot about it.

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Last edited by Jammin; December 10, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 262 Review

I agree that the 5th is a former clan leader and whichever one mentioned something about fighting nobles probably participated in Regis and Seiras fathers deaths.its not looking good for Rai. I have a far fetched theory that the second ragnarock might be used to somehow save Rai.... or make the Lord strong enough to attempt to walk in his shoes...

Rai said that the awakening won't give them much of a boost but any would help. Does it put them closer to Regis or did it just push them to the same level that their pills do?

Bonerre had potential but he was in a no win situation.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone noticed that 6th is not participating? Surely he's a trump card for Lukedonia or his identity is something which cant be revealed to Lukedonia.
    I dont think all the traitors are the part of Union...... Hope something grand happens in the upcoming arc.

Can the data stolen by Mark only contains information about Ramen?? lol. Crombell's reaction would be awesome if thats the case.
    Last edited by strixflash; December 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to think that all 6 might not be in the union also. Maybe one or two will show up and try to redeem themselves.

The 6th elder might not participate because he was given another mission that we don't know about like Mark was. It could be possible that the 5th is a Noble and the 6th isn't and by sending a traitor they will be able to identify exactly who has been killing the elders and dispose of them.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@Stir -

I read that somewhere-else.
    That would be an epic defeat for Crombell and Mark.

All the classified info on that computers database mentions on how to make the most perfect and delicous cup of ramen.

@ Jamin - nice reivew.
    I also thought Rai is not got make it but voted on the nooooo xD.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Haaaahahahahaa, that 3rd choice is the bee's knees.

Yeah, I also suspected that maybe the fake M-24 only ended up stealing the ramen info.

Not sure why the 6th wasn't sent, but maybe it's because he/she is currently spying in Lukedonia, acting like they're still a clan leader?

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

To the poll: I don't think Rai'll die. I don't think he'll appear much in... standing state... in the next who knows how many chapters, and won't get to fight for a long time. He might die later on, but it won't be soon.
    He also won't need to fight soon, because there're 10 (or 9, since Crombell is a wildcard and might break away from the union) elders vs. Franky and ALL THE Lukedonia.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Once this batch of elders have been disposed of, half of the elders will be dead not including Crombel since he's his own faction and I think he'll end up taking out the 9th. After the events that just happend I'm expecting a visit from Gejutel and possibly another clan leader to check on the situation personally. This would also help make up for Rai's absence. Rai going down is going to force everyone to step up and should make things interesting if he's down for some time like I think he will be. I wonder if Rai will go back to his shrine in Lukedonia if someone like Gejutel were to stay in Korea? I doubt it but its a thought...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see someone other than Gejtuel step in - maybe the lord?

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of his connection to Rai I believe if anyone comes to Korea it will be Gejutel. If he's accompanied by anyone I think Karias or Rajak would be the most likely ones to do so. I hope its Karias since we haven't seen his soul weapon yet.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I would love to see someone other than Gejtuel step in - maybe the lord?
    I'm rooting for the Raskreia or Karias; or better yet..both.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

About the poll, I don't think Rai will die so soon despite his apparently critical condition. Mainly because I think he will only die quite near the end of the manhwa and even if things have been speeding up recently Noblesse still has more than a mere 50 chapters to go. I don't think it would make much sense having many chapters even after his death or him dying before the Union business is concluded.

I agree with Jammin, the downpart of this chapter is certainly the art. It's kind of "medium art" for Noblesse, but no more than that, which would have been ok for a "medium chapter" but with events of such importance going on it definitely seems very mild and should have had at least some bigger impact to keep up with the story part. I guess that was the major (and probably the only) disappointment for me in this chapter, the presentation could have been much better.

Why does everyone seem to be bothered by the fact the 6th wasn't chosen? I don't think there needs to be a specific reason for him not going, he just happened not to be chosen. The Union decided to be careful and sent the 5th instead of him, and decided with him there to manage things there would be no need to deploy the 6th as well, I guess. It' not like there is any pattern that they should send them one ranking after another with no gaps of position. That what I think anyway.

About reinforcements form Lukedonia I think it's exaggerated for Raskreia to come. Since she's the Lord, she should stay in Lukedonia at least for now, to command the other clan leaders. We saw it seems to be a very serious and official position, I don't think she can go so simply to the human world. Well, maybe that's also because I'm not too much of her fan but I would be more than satisfied with Gejutel and with some luck Karias coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdynamite410 View Post
    Once this batch of elders have been disposed of, half of the elders will be dead not including Crombel since he's his own faction and I think he'll end up taking out the 9th.
    You're speaking like this batch of elders has already been disposed of Well, I don't think it will go so smoothly this time, and actually I'd be disappointed if the 3 of them are killed. This arc was the first one in Noblesse to have some big consequences against the "good" side (excluding death of M-24 back in the first chapters) and I think it will start being more frequent from now on, especially with Rai out of the game for some time (probably). I think even if the elders prove to be defeated at least one will manage to escape. Since you mentioned Crombell, I think starting an all-out war Union vs. Lukedonia was predictable but it sort of confuses me because I don't think Crombell will be the final villain but it will be difficult to have big interruptions from this confrontation to conclude the matters with Crombell. Well, I guess it can still happen after the 3-elders-in-Korea arc, or it could just go at the same time but separately from the other Union business. Also, too bad it doesn't seem we'll have much of a break with Shin-woo and the other kids, which we usually have at the end of an arc, since there seems to be not much room for pauses .
    Last edited by MangaPage; December 14, 2012 at 02:26 AM.

23. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply