Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Will Yuri be defeated in this arc?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and good riddance to the weasel.

2 22.22%
  • No, this is just the beginning for the weasel king!

7 77.78%
  • Other (please post)

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Noblesse Chapter 261 Review

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse Chapter 261 Review

I'm writing this review early as an apology for least week's super late one. Cold Days was great by the way. If anybody is ever looking for a good book you should join me in the land of Dresden addiction.

The poll last week was on whether people were glad that Raizel used his powers. It was dead even too; much to my delight. I read the opinion as being pretty conflicted on this, since there is so much good and bad. Raziel needs to selflessly use his power to be Raizel, and looks awesome when he does it, but at the same time every time he does it's like we're watching him die a little.

Onto the review!

Chapter Summary

"She's only got eyes for Shin Woo.....loser"

This week starts out with the 10th Elder on his knees trapped inside Raziel's blood field and stunned to discover that there was somebody even stronger than Seira here. Faced with a bad situation he give a little evil monologue which boils down to "The Nobles cheated by being so damn good." Regis is irritated by this and points out that trying to use hostages is what "he" calls cheating. The elder answers by saying that is natural for such peons to sacrifice themselves for their betters, which pretty much lays out the difference between Nobles and Union for all to see.

Deciding there is no way out, the 10th charges Raizel with a suicide attack in hopes of dragging him along to hell. Things don't go as planned though, as Raizel stops him and dissipates the explosion; expending more power than Franky is comfortable with in the process.

Then Raizel turns his attention to Bonerre and somehow knows that he is the one with the information they need. At this point Franky tells Regis and M-21 to take Raizel home, as he has expended a great deal of power. Raizel reluctantly goes, but instructs Franky to bring Tao and Takeo home "without fail".

Meanwhile, off in a warehouse somewhere, Tao and Takeo are getting the crap kicked out of them by Yuri. Who seems to be less interested in getting information than he is enjoying himself. Cryptically saying "You'll spit out everything you know once 'he' deals with you.".

As he continues the beatdown he complains about his work and daydreams about Seira a little. Which draws a comment from Takeo which elicits more beating. Eventually Yuri turns to go and as he leaves mentions to them that needles in their handcuffs release a cell destroying substance so they may die even before their true interrogator gets there. Shortly after, Yuri leaves he see moving through the city he sees Bonerre flanked by Franky and Seira; and for once he doesn't look amused.

Meanwhile, back at the house Regis serves Raizel coffee and finds that Raizel's hand can no longer seem lift the cup. But before Regis can fully absorb this M-21 bursts in and tell them M-24 has vanished.

Chapter Review

What a question to ask while wearing a fur thong in public.

Substance

Three Union Elders down, ten to go. In hindsight, both were something of a letdown for me but their removal allows us to focus on the possibility of Franky or Seira smashing Yuri into paste; which makes me smile. His creepiness is starting to wear thin with me.

As for the other two Union guys, Bonerre seems to understand he's totally outgunned but even so he's being pretty cooperative; which makes me wonder if he's leading Franky and Seira into a trap of some sort. M-24, for his part, seems to have gotten what he was after and gotten out clean. My guess is that he will turn out to be "Mr. Interrogator" as well. Seems like that would be fitting.

The cell destroying poison thing that Tao and Takeo have apparently been dosed with is interesting. Could they actually die here? I doubt it. But it wouldn't surprise me if Raizel is forced to save them by trying that awakening thing, which takes a ton of his power. That would also seem fitting.

Presentation

Art was a shade above average. Detail was hit and miss again but at the same time it all looked all clear and was especially easy to understand. The backgrounds weren't always impressive but they were always there when they needed to be and good enough not to stand out in a negative way.

On a more general note I'm really liking the "energy lines" thing which have become the new standard method for displaying mid to low level currents of supernatural energy. It's appearance is somewhere between an aura and an electrical current. I'm a fan.

Pacing seemed a little off to me. It was solid from the part with Franky on the roof top all the way through Yuri's part but then, at the end, Raizel's part seemed awkwardly tacked on; with him just suddenly home drinking coffee. I realize this was show the effects of his power usage but it just seemed awkward to jump to those events there so quickly in pace with everything else.

Overall Rating

A solid fight wrap up, which keeps things moving with a rescue mission in progress. Unfortunately, I was left feeling that it tried to do a little too much too quickly.

I give it a 3 out of 5

Predictions Section

New Prediction
    • The interrogator Yuri spoke of is Mark-24.

Old Predictions: (20 Wins/ 22 Losses)

"The 10th Elder will die and the Bonerre will be "persuaded" to tell them where Tao and Takeo are." - Win

I guessed this one perfectly. (It happens once a year)

Spoiler: Ongoing show
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member strixflash's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noblesse Chapter 261 Review

I think Yuri was talking about Crombell.
    It was good that authors used different fighting method in Rai's fight.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I was also thinking that the 'he' that was mentioned was Crombell. However, since M-24 can absorb cells and even memories - I can see how Mark could be some-kind of interrogator here. I'm not surprised that Raizel was aware that Bonerre knew something, he has the ability to judge things like this.

Is there a way to skip a head 10 chapters?

6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Blackdynamite410's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also think that Yuri was talking about Crombel but considering Marks skills he might be able to do something. I don't think that Yuriy will engage both Franken and Seira at the same time, he's been shown to be much smarter than that but given his obsession with Seira I can see him making an appearance.

Even if Franken gets Tao and Takeo back Crombells the big winner here. 2 more elders have been eliminated and he's gotten some valuable info.

With Rai's condition worsening and the killing of two elders by a clan leader and a being believed to be the Lord I see Lukedonia getting involved even if its just to investigate. The question is who's going to come?

My guess (preference) is Gejutel and Karias with the possibility of Rozaria. The other three seem to have defined roles and will no doubt be with the Lord whenever she makes her appearance.
    Last edited by Blackdynamite410; December 04, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can easily see how you would think Yuri was talking about Crombell.

Though it seemed to me Yuri was speaking in the short term. Like the next couple of hours. If that's the case, it couldn't be Crombell. As he is probably not even in South Korea.. As it wouldn't be too bright of him to hang around where his scheming could have been discovered by the other Elders (before they died anyway). So I think Mark or Bonerre to be more likely, and Mark seems like the "type" to me.
    Last edited by Jammin; December 04, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

10. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MangaPage's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter. I agree Yuri won't engage them directly, it's just not his way of doing things nor would it seem fitting to his character and intelligence. I don't know how strong he really is but he can't really be confident against such opponents even if he's very strong, and he must also have realized they've beaten the elders since Bonerre was with them. He'll probably just try to head back there faster and change Takeo-Tao's location, if he goes at his maximum speed he can probably arrive there in time, and if he can't he'll probably arrive a few seconds before and use Takeo-Tao as hostages to escape. Either way I think he will probably be nearby at some point to see if Bonerre really betrayed Crombell or if he's just leading them to some sort of trap. It was funny when Yuri was thinking of Seira, but I don't think that is such a serious thing that it will act as a factor for him to meet them. Also, Franky can't kill Bonerre in any situation, can he? Because he's the only hint he has. Of course that will change if he spots Yuri at some point.

I didn't really see a problem with the pacing, I understand the story was in the middle of the action right before the Rai-in-the-house page but it doesn't come to me as being awkward or bad, it also leaves a good cliffhanger for the chapter with us wondering what Yuri will do and what will happen on the other side of the story and M-21 other's reaction. M-24 being the interrogator is also a good theory, hadn't thought of that.

By the way, at the beginning Franky has no shirt at all but when he is seen by Yuri he appears to have it back or at least he has his black coat back unscathed, did he put it aside for the fight and them put it back or it's a mistake? There was a similar mistake in chapter 259 so maybe it's on purpose, like he has a set of 100 white shirts and black coats always with him hidden in some kind of way , haha.

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to propose a prediction!

"Yuri will be silenced by Seira."

Wow, isn't Seira popular. Even an enemy can see beyond her cold, wild fighting self into a more charming Seira. I'm so happy for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MangaPage View Post
    By the way, at the beginning Franky has no shirt at all but when he is seen by Yuri he appears to have it back or at least he has his black coat back unscathed, did he put it aside for the fight and them put it back or it's a mistake? There was a similar mistake in chapter 259 so maybe it's on purpose, like he has a set of 100 white shirts and black coats always with him hidden in some kind of way , haha.
    That's Frank for you. He is a wild card in battle but never fails to keep his appearance lovely enough when he has to support his master somewhere.

14. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@ MangaP - Franky has the ability to restore his clothing. He has shown that previously when he met the lord back in the lukedonia arc

@Phio - - the idea.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply