Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten in One Piece

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Top Ten in One Piece

So last chapter had a lot of votes in this category. Maybe it is deserved for once. And since we all love rankings, after a bit of reflection, which chapters would you really put in this category ?

PS : Don't just give the chapter number so that we don't have to go to a reader to see which one it is.

2. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Top Ten in One Piece

Chapter 1: start of the legend. when it got published the 1st time no 1 thought we will be here

Chapter 52: zoro's wow to luffy after getting cut by mihawk. the 1st time they got recognized by some1 important.

chapter 90: Luffy's off to being the real captain. when he explains why he is not alone.

Chapter 145: Will to carry. Dr. Hillaluk dies while making sure he still lives on. I see this chapter as the real idea of the manga

Chapter 301
    : Poneglyph mystery and the Will of D. making its entrance with full force.

Chapter 398: World's darrkness. SH's commitment to their nakama. Robin's wish.

Chapter 430: Merry's viking funeral. SHs cries.

Chapter 485: Zoro's sacrifice and endurance to live on for his captain and crew

Chapter 513: 1st time Luffy realizes his weakness. SH's disbanded.

Chapter 576: End of an Era. WB dies. Start of the new 1.

These r admittedly what i see as the significant events on course. some of them werent as important at the time but gained importance later.

4. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can pretty well agree with all of the above chapters; it's a great list. But I feel somehow you have to put Ace's death in there. That is the most poignant moment in the manga for me. It's technically 2 chapters since you can't separate 573 from 574, but it deserves inclusion. How's about we just take 573-576 as one big chapter? I might personally substitute the chapter where Luffy gives his hat to Nami (81) for 90, but 90 is a much better overall chapter. 81 just has an extremely awesome moment.

Honorable mention goes to Croc's defeat (209)., Bon Clay's sacrifice in Impel Down (548), and hell, this week's chapter (690). For comedy's sake, I always loved Ussop's fight vs Pelona, too (465).

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

A favorite of mine is chapter 218 the one Robin joins the crew. Every character traits is made into a funny joke and it has a new flavor after Water 7 saga. I can't get tired reading it.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

What chapter is the separation? I think that one should be definitely in.
    And yes, this latest chapter MAY should be considered as one...But I wont be convinced until it gets more than the 40% of the votes.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    What chapter is the separation? I think that one should be definitely in.
    And yes, this latest chapter MAY should be considered as one...But I wont be convinced until it gets more than the 40% of the votes.
    i decided only to include the 1st part since, after TS chapter points will be made clear closer or after the ending(i was very inclined to give ningyo-hime poseidon chapter but...). Also 690 may seem a cool chapter but for me,it seemed more like a forced proclamation. also it gave me the feeling, ppl overappriciated it cause arc dragged and not many real progress was made or coolness was showed (maybe excpet zoro vs monet chapter).

Quote Originally Posted by the6millionbeliman View Post
    I can pretty well agree with all of the above chapters; it's a great list. But I feel somehow you have to put Ace's death in there. That is the most poignant moment in the manga for me. It's technically 2 chapters since you can't separate 573 from 574, but it deserves inclusion. How's about we just take 573-576 as one big chapter? I might personally substitute the chapter where Luffy gives his hat to Nami (81) for 90, but 90 is a much better overall chapter. 81 just has an extremely awesome moment.

Honorable mention goes to Croc's defeat (209)., Bon Clay's sacrifice in Impel Down (548), and hell, this week's chapter (690). For comedy's sake, I always loved Ussop's fight vs Pelona, too (465).
    yes ace's death gave me a dilemma but WB's death gave the story more as an overall push. so i included it. i am not ok if we accept 573-576 as a 1 whole chapter. k-dom yelled at me (point is valid thou)
    yes bon clay sacrfice was great but after zoro's i wasnt so sure.
    Last edited by cearon; December 04, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

No it's only one chapter, if it's a serie of chapters then it makes less sense and we will ask ourselves how many chapters we can include (2, 3, 4 ?).
    As you can see, some of the chapters mentionned are biased by the fact that they became really important afterwards whereas Uriel's poll choice is really based on the instant.
    I think that some of the chapters you mentioned satisfy the instant definition (Robin flashback end, Merry's death, Zoro's sacrifice...)
    Last edited by k-dom; December 04, 2012 at 11:48 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like so much chapters cero, with the explanation between the war between Roger and Shiki. Chapter one, mainly beacuse of the hat scenes between Shanks and Luffy. And the best two for me are: the chapter with the line: "I WANT TO LIVE! TAKE ME OUT TO THE SEA WITH YOU!". You know who, you know when and where, you know why. To me that would be the best line of the manga. And the chapter with the rejoining after time skip, with the best panel of the manga. I'm sure I let go a tier with this last one.
    Last edited by ukimix; December 04, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter where Zoro takes Mihawk's slash head on was my favorite. He looked badass despite losing, and it established his character well.

I also loved how Luffy told Nami he'd help her and put his hat on hers. Symbolized what he really thought of her.

The chapter where Luffy's all "blah blah don't care if you wanna die, but do it with us!" and Robin replies with "TAKE ME WITH YOU" is top three of the chapter, and my favorite. Plus, with the epic way that the SHP appeared was pretty awesome, Nami landed on her feet while Chopper had a bad landing. xD I'm not sure what happened to Sogeking, did he get tossed?

I'm not sure if this was in the same chapter, but the way Luffy had Sogeking burn the pirate flag just for Robin was epic. It firmly solidified the kind of people SHP were, just in case anyone had any doubt. Even Sogeking didn't hesitate to make the world government his enemy, and he's usually a coward.

Though I don't care as much about this chapter, Luffy punching the shit out of the Celestial Dragon remains my favorite panel ever. That jerk deserved it, and Luffy did what we always wanted to do to assholes and punch their teeth out. Kudos Luffy, kudos.

The entire chapter with Tashigi and Zoro vs. the Harpy was my favorite because Zoro was just pure badass and awesome. No words could describe the coolness of Zoro. He might quite possibly be the most badass SHP ever.

And yeah, I don't remember the chapter number or name, but I'm sure you OP otaku do.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rody naruto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 232-233 is one of my favorite.Bellamy and his crew who just bullied Luffy and Zoro a few chapters before just for being a bunch of dreamers receive the new bounties and find out that Luffy worth a hundred million.Well the they all laughed about and thought it was a joke until Luffy confront him outside the bar,puts him down with one shop only,takes the gold and leaves.
    My favorites lines:
    Bellamy's crew member;"Well?Straw-hat kiddo,where are you going!?"
    Luffy moves his hand and they all get scared thinking he is going to hit them but he just put his finger up and says "SKY!".
    Best line ever Just pure ambiton
    Last edited by Rody naruto; December 04, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
    "Fear is only an idea success is an awareness"
    Check out my DeviantART

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also add the very dramatic chapters of Luffy crying for being incapable of protec his beloved friends of Kizaru and co in Sabaondy, the death of Ace and the chapter in which Jimbe gets that Luffy realize that life still deserve to be lived.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the chapter where luffy almost got killed by buggy then smiled the way the PK did before he got executed. I think it was also in that chapter wherein smoker was running after luffy then got saved by his dad while telling smoker let him do what he wants and then says something that goes like, do whatever you want son, just go on with your adventure until you reach your dream.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    The chapter where Luffy's all "blah blah don't care if you wanna die, but do it with us!" and Robin replies with "TAKE ME WITH YOU" is top three of the chapter, and my favorite. Plus, with the epic way that the SHP appeared was pretty awesome, Nami landed on her feet while Chopper had a bad landing. xD I'm not sure what happened to Sogeking, did he get tossed?

I'm not sure if this was in the same chapter, but the way Luffy had Sogeking burn the pirate flag just for Robin was epic. It firmly solidified the kind of people SHP were, just in case anyone had any doubt. Even Sogeking didn't hesitate to make the world government his enemy, and he's usually a coward.
    That's a mix of two chapters actually. The one where Robin says she wants to die and everyone arrive to the top of the tower then her flashback starts. The second is when her flashback ends and she says she doesn't want them to reject her one day. Luffy says I don't care and makes Sogeking burns the flag, this makes Robin change her mind.

I must say I have trouble to say which of the two I enjoy the most. The first is really cool with everyone making his entrance and the CP9 vs SH panel. The second is full of emotion and Luffy speech is great.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite will always be Chapter 398 : Declaration of War (the one where Robin yelled "I wadda live"). IMO everything was perfect in that chapter and I doubt any of the upcoming chapters could come close to that.

The rest of my top ten would be (in no order) :
    - Chapter 576 : "The Great Pirate Edward Newgate" --> Whitebeard's last moment

- Chapter 574 : "The Death of Porgas D.Ace" --> Ace's death

- Chapter 432 : "Jack in the Box" --> Revelation of Dragon and Garp's identity

- Chapter 419 : "The Legendary Hero" --> Sogeking epicly shot Spandam from a ridiculously epic distance

- Chapter 388 : "Gear Second" --> Luffy vs Blueno, short but sick fight.

- Chapter 536 : "Freezing Hell" --> Bon-chan manly sacrifice to Luffy. this guy is truly the epitome of One Piece

- Chapter 430 : "The Falling Snow of Reminiscence" --> Merry's funeral, sad yet beautiful ending to EL arc... though It didn't hit me as hard as people said.

- Chapter 145 : "The Inherited Will" --> who doesn't know Hiluluk epic death speech? arguably the best OP quote so far.

- chapter ??? --> the chapter where Norland and Calgara parted

These chapters are legendary to me and also the very reasons why I love OP as much as I do now, especially chapter 398.
    Last edited by Kukriblades; December 06, 2012 at 11:59 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

In the One Piece newspaper published in japan on the last weeks of this year, a ranking with the best scenes of One Piece appears. The ranking was based the votes of the readers of the newspaper. The results:

1. By to Going Merry / 1258 votes

2. Ace's death / 739 votes

3. When Nammy asks for help to Luffy and he accepts in Arlong Park / 567 votes

4. Robin's : I WANT TO LIVE...." My favorite / 411 votes (((and also in 4th place...)))

4. The good bye to Vivi in Alabasta / 411 votes

They have up to 71 scenes enlisted.

Here the ranking:

Here the full newspaper

Credits to Redon from Pirateking and to jackeyblood from Baidu.

Pasted version:

Last edited by ukimix; December 14, 2012 at 01:36 AM.

21. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast