Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Reason behind the Uchiha massacre?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Reason behind the Uchiha massacre?

so i was just thinking back at everything, and i was reading some comments when i though..
    well most people dont find a real reason to why, obito would go and help killing all uchiha... well i think a good reason could be, that they could interfere with his/madara's plans!

we all know how a good set of sharingan is capable of escaping from a genjutsu made by another sharingan!.. so what if there was a chance the sharingan users could escape from the infinite tsukuyomi, and well try and stop it.. that sounds like a possible reason why to kill all uchiha, what you think?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: reason behind the uchiha massacre!?

I think Obito doesn't care who he has to kill to complete the Moon's Eye plan, because they will all be alive again in his 'perfect world' once the Infinite Tsukuyomi starts. He can't perceive anything he does right now as bad, evil, or wrong, because in his mind, none of it is real.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the author just screwed up Tobi's character. When Tobi wasn't Obito yet, everything that happened have sense and they are all acceptable. But after unmasking Tobi, it all crumbled.
    Why kill all those people who did nothing wrong to you and let the one you hated the most live?

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Aide from the obvious Madara=Tobi made a ton of sense and Obito=Tobi is just lame and creates problems i have this hypothesis.

We know:

1. Itachi found Tobi and discovered his existence.
    2. Itachi was powerfull enough that Tobi was scared of him and he could keep him in check.
    3. We know that Obito at that time was acting in secret.
    4. Obito does not give a damn who lives or dies in this reality. They will all be reborn in his reality.

So from the above he did not even kill the Uchiha, he just "put them to sleep" as it where. Obito just found it prudent to keep Itachi close for observation, keep Itachi on his side to help with his plan AND obviously killing the Uchiha did not hampered his real plan to use moon-eye thing. For Tobi it was minigless if he kills them of not, he decided to do it to keep his secret (that he is around and not that he is Obito), keep Itachi off his but and have a goot tool in Itachi to hunt for bijus. So it was a win scenario for him. It was like steping on some ants to get something out of it.
    Then killing the Uchiha weaken Konoha, made things more easy for him. If the Uchiha where in this war... It would be diferent.
    Last edited by xXan; December 05, 2012 at 03:06 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Tobi planned it so that Uchiha would be blamed? As theorized, it could be to avoid anyone breaking out of the Tsuki no me or giving him challenge. It could also be revenge for what happened to Madara, or an unintentional side effect of freeing the Kyuubi. As he said, he didn't care, so he was willin to kill the Uchiha. Of course, this was all when Tobi was planned to be Madara or at least, not Obito.

Why the elders ordered the Uchiha massacre? Simple - because they feared losing any kind of power. they were too power hungry.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ForMotherRussia's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why the elders ordered the Uchiha massacre? Simple - because they feared losing any kind of power. they were too power hungry.
    Eeeh, i thought it was because a clan going against Hokage basically meant civil war, and they did it as a preventive strike...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member samsiufan's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reason behind the Uchiha massacre?

Why keep the eyes? Is it a strange serial killer thing or is it to help with the "eye of the moon" plan? May be all those eyes are required for the genjutsu and since there was likelihood that the Uchiha clan may not cooperate with the plan, they had to be killed. After all, zetsu bodies can be given those eyes to support the plan?
    Focus on your circle of influence and not your circle of concern
    Jiraiya: Right, I need a title for the next book..Ah...Got it....
    THE TALE OF UZIMAKI NARUTO SASUKE
    About Pain: Yahiko provides the ideals and Nagato is the means

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Belize
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Reason behind the Uchiha massacre?

You all forgot one very important thing. From the time the real Madara died Obito became Madara himself, so he had to act like Madara. As we all know madara hated all the uchiha clan because they betraited him!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samsiufan View Post
    Why keep the eyes? Is it a strange serial killer thing or is it to help with the "eye of the moon" plan? May be all those eyes are required for the genjutsu and since there was likelihood that the Uchiha clan may not cooperate with the plan, they had to be killed. After all, zetsu bodies can be given those eyes to support the plan?
    I've been waiting a long time for 'wave 2' of the Zetsu army, all equipped with the sharingan Tobi looted off the dead. But it looks like we'll never get that l: l

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdno View Post
    so i was just thinking back at everything, and i was reading some comments when i though..
    well most people dont find a real reason to why, obito would go and help killing all uchiha... well i think a good reason could be, that they could interfere with his/madara's plans!

we all know how a good set of sharingan is capable of escaping from a genjutsu made by another sharingan!.. so what if there was a chance the sharingan users could escape from the infinite tsukuyomi, and well try and stop it.. that sounds like a possible reason why to kill all uchiha, what you think?
    The only people who can control the bijuu are the Uchiha. If the Uchiha live then they can thwart your plan to collect all the bijuu. If you could kill all the Uchiha, Itachi takes the blame for it and no one is wiser to your presence? It's a no-brainer.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ForMotherRussia View Post
    Eeeh, i thought it was because a clan going against Hokage basically meant civil war, and they did it as a preventive strike...
    From the flashback ET Itachi had though, it looked as if they were reluctant to give the Uchiha any kind of political power and were choosing to kill them over giving them any kind of power.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

New Reply