Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: WIll Orochimaru be interested in Obito?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, he's too old

4 26.67%
  • Yes

1 6.67%
  • Kishi probably won't even address this

10 66.67%
  • Maybe

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply

Thread: Will Orochimaru be interested in Obito?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Will Orochimaru be interested in Obito?

Now that Tobi has been unmasked, and there is officially another living Uchiha besides Sasuke, will Orochimaru continue to focus all his hopes on dreams on Sasuke?

From what Kabuto said during his fight with Itachi and Sasuke, it would seem that Orochimaru was interested in becoming the next So6P. Wouldn't Obito's body be far more tempting to Orochimaru, since Obito is an Uchiha who already has Hashirama's cells (another thing Orochimaru was interested in) and a Rinnegan on top of it all?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will Orochimaru be interested in Obito?

Depends on the power levels. It's highly probable his target was Sasuke just because Itachi would be a lot more tougher to defeat (if he could, of course).
    After his ninjutsu were sealed away, Orochimaru didn't have the power to deal with Itachi, so, he tried to get Sasuke through manipulation.

Now, if he ever comes back to his full power somehow, he'll be definitely targeting either Uchiha.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no way in hell Orochimaru can take on Rinnegan Obito. Madara having his back means that Orochimaru is just a fly. Sasuke himself would trash Oro so bad its not even funny (asuming Kishi does not end up giving Oro some boost somehow).

But i have to say. Orochimaru is the only REAL vilain this manga got to show us. The most of the rest just whant peace (more or less) but with some insane ways. Even Madara himself (from what we know) he wants to create a paradise world.
    Last edited by xXan; December 05, 2012 at 01:41 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Orochimaru has the power to approach Obito and take over his body.
    But who know he could something unexpected and become the true final boss of the manga, like it should be.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Now, if he ever comes back to his full power somehow, he'll be definitely targeting either Uchiha.
    I had the thought that Orochimaru could return himself to 'full power' by possessing Obito, making them both into proper villains again. Depending on what he needs help with, Sasuke might even agree to give Obito to Orochimaru, especially if he finds out that Obito helped with the Uchiha massacre.

I can't think of a better punishment for Obito, a simple death or execution could never make up for what he did to his own clan, but spending an eternity being molested by Orochimaru would be a good start.

@xXan I agree, it was my yearning for Orochimaru to reclaim his title as head villain that led me to think of this possibility. It would make my day if Sasuke and Naruto got to team up against the only real villain in this manga just one more time before the story ends. Unfortunately, Orochimaru would need a serious power up to be able to contend with even one of them as they are now, which is why I think he needs to absorb an Uchiha somehow.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

kishi has already made it pretty clear he wants sasuke's body. for him to change his mind would be too much for the story as he is already dealing with kakashi and what not.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

why would oro aim for obito when his creation >"madara uchiha reloaded" is right there...infinite chakra...infinte regeneration...max evolved sharingan/rinnengan...and hashirama's DNA...what more would that guy ask for ?? ...i still suspect oro left something in madaras body as a loophole by which he can takeover him... i mean why would he make madara's body perfect if he can't even control it... maybe it was his plan to make perfect hybrid body so that he can find an eternal container for his soul

also plotwise only Orochimaru is the TRUE villian in naruto...he is far far more evil than emochihas or danzo or anyone else and that too without any reason ....he is just EVIL(in naruto world) ...does not need a reason to be evil like anyone else in manga...
    Last edited by dex; December 04, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point, even if he regain his full power, he is no match for even Sasuke. The only reason he defeated the 3rd hokage was because he was old. 20 years younger, the sandaime would have destroyed him.

Really, Orochimaru, Jiraiya and Tsunade are seriously overestimated, they're all very weak, now none of them can even touch Naruto or Sasuke.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    I had the thought that Orochimaru could return himself to 'full power' by possessing Obito, making them both into proper villains again. Depending on what he needs help with, Sasuke might even agree to give Obito to Orochimaru, especially if he finds out that Obito helped with the Uchiha massacre.

I can't think of a better punishment for Obito, a simple death or execution could never make up for what he did to his own clan, but spending an eternity being molested by Orochimaru would be a good start.

@xXan I agree, it was my yearning for Orochimaru to reclaim his title as head villain that led me to think of this possibility. It would make my day if Sasuke and Naruto got to team up against the only real villain in this manga just one more time before the story ends. Unfortunately, Orochimaru would need a serious power up to be able to contend with even one of them as they are now, which is why I think he needs to absorb an Uchiha somehow.
    well what if they are unsealing the death god? he would get his arms back.....and maybe Sasuke knows were itachi's sealing sword is(oro said he was looking for it all his life, so i assume that it existed someone else before itachi gained it ....as there would be a time were itachi was not alive and the sword would have still existed
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oro's a pedo. No way he's gonna take somebody in his 30's when he has a better choice ie. Sasugay... Ok, seriously Oro's had his eyes on Sasugay since Part 1, so I don't think he'll switch to somebody else for now..

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@okaneman

He is going to aim at Sasuke because Madara or Obito are you of his league (Sasuke himself is but its closer). You can be damn sure Orochimaru would whant a rinnegan over EMS only Sasuke... Rinnegan is the big dady of all jutsus and allows you to use all afinities. Imagine taking over Madara and having EMS + Rinnegan... Now that would make him a broken dude.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if Orochimaru's body possession would work on an ET, and if Sasuke's hatred could stop Orochimaru from possessing him, then surely Madara's could as well right?

I picked Obito because he had already has his resolve broken, and doesn't care about anything anymore, so I think Orochimaru could probably overpower his mind. He would probably give his body to Orochimaru if Orochimaru offered to bring Rin back to life. (Even though he should be able to do that himself now)

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Tonix

Sasuke's hate was not what stopped Oro's possession, the power of his eyes did just like with Itachi. Also and yes Madara should have no problem duplicating this and if this jutsu works on ET... Well we have no idea.

Obito does not have his resolve broken and he does care, he has a goal, something to fight for. His perfect world where Rin is allive. He does not care for who he is in this reality or what happends to this reality but he does care about doing everything he can for that perfect world to happen. Rin as ET zombie would not exacly be what he needs, also him dead is also not what he needs. He needs the perfect world where peopel don't die, there are no "trash" and he is alive WITH Rin.

New Reply