Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/1/14 - 9/7/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 by cnet128 , Gintama 509 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Necron View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/11
    The one on Captain Commander's left, the lady with the long hair, could be Unohana. (The one on the right could be the Yakza guy for that matter)
    However it is really fitting that she's a beast. Because since I can remember she always wanted things to be peaceful and calm. Maybe she just saw to much horrible things in the past and wanted to forget all that by doing the exact opposite to all the killing and executing - which would be healing people.

This would also explain her - for her standarts emotional - facial expression to what the Yakuza guy said http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/517/17
    "What you're meant to do now is not healing (...but fighting and killing the Quincy, since you were so good at that in the past)"
    The guy behind everyone is 100% "Bold Guy" look at the sandle's they have huge heels
    Spoiler show

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, so Unohana was the first Kenpachi and her first name is actually Yachiru; who would said that she was related in any way to Kenpachi? We'll see the sensible side of Ken-chan soon

P.D.: Who's going to occupy the free seats on 8th division? I'll say that gonna be some of the left vizards (if not, new characters?)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuryuu View Post
    Wow, so Unohana was the first Kenpachi and her first name is actually Yachiru; who would said that she was related in any way to Kenpachi? We'll see the sensible side of Ken-chan soon

P.D.: Who's going to occupy the free seats on 8th division? I'll say that gonna be some of the left vizards (if not, new characters?)
    A VC could also get promoted. Unlikely, but possible.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    A VC could also get promoted. Unlikely, but possible.
    Impossible considering there's at least an ex captain in the human world, who would be stronger than a VC anyway, Love seems like a good choice for me honestly, and I think the rest of the Vizards will be called

One thing I found shameful, was the fact that Tessai didn't get to fight at all : Hachigen, who was his lieutenant fought against Barragan and showed us how Kido can be awesome, I hope Tessai will get to fight too and show some amazing Kido techniques (I believe he may've helped Urahara to come up with the seals Urahara used)

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I'm wondering. Removing a Captain is fine if the VC's there to pick up the reins, but without Shunsui or Nanao, the 8th Division is leaderless. Well, I guess the 3rd seat could assume the role, but are they even qualified? And since the Vandenreich's massacre it's not like there are many people to choose from as a replacement.

Actually, Zehahaha's right, there are ex-Captains lurking around Earth. But I suspect there's a reason they didn't return to the Gotei 13 in the first place. Maybe it's just because there was no need for them, with all the seats filled, but they could have chosen not to. Hiyori for one actively hates Shinigami. Love may have a chip on his shoulder too. I can see Lisa joining as a favour to Shunsui, though. I feel like she has a grudging loyalty to him.

And yeah, even with all this going on, we haven't heard a peep from the Kido Corps Captain and VC. Given that they don't rely on Zanpakuto and Bankai like other Shinigami do, you'd think they'd be a valuable asset against the Quincy.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; December 12, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted toussaintac's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. Removing a Captain is fine if the VC's there to pick up the reins, but without Shunsui or Nanao, the 8th Division is leaderless. Well, I guess the 3rd seat could assume the role, but are they even qualified? And since the Vandenreich's massacre it's not like there are many people to choose from as a replacement.

Actually, Zehahaha's right, there are ex-Captains lurking around Earth. But I suspect there's a reason they didn't return to the Gotei 13 in the first place. Maybe it's just because there was no need for them, with all the seats filled, but they could have chosen not to. Hiyori for one actively hates Shinigami. Love may have a chip on his shoulder too. I can see Lisa joining as a favour to Shunsui, though. I feel like she has a grudging loyalty to him.
    Maybe the people from the kiba clan will head 8th division. No one knows how strong they really are.

Didn't all of the Vizards already rejoin?
    "We hunt you down without mercy; Hunt you down all nightmare long."

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toussaintac View Post
    Maybe the people from the kiba clan will head 8th division. No one knows how strong they really are.
    You mean Shiba ? Only two members were shown : Ganju and Kukaku, I doubt any of them are captain level... Also, why would they choose them and let people like Love, Hachi and co doing nothing in the human world ?
    Last edited by Zehahaha; December 12, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they rejoined already. However, Just because they aren't a part of Gotei 13 doesn't mean they won't help. the Chiba clan can take over 8th division. I have no reason to think they are weak or strong. There plenty of characters made to look weak only for them to be really strong. Kubo can flip that switch whenever.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they rejoined already. However, Just because they aren't a part of Gotei 13 doesn't mean they won't help. the Chiba clan can take over 8th division. I have no reason to think they are weak or strong. There plenty of characters made to look weak only for them to be really strong. Kubo can flip that switch whenever.
    Last time we saw them was in Karakura town, so they certainly haven't joined Gotei 13 because there's no place for them (Shinji, Kensei and Rose took back the division they had command over, and since there is already VC there, Hinamori and Kira and Hisagi, people like Mashiro for example couldn't become the VC of the 9th, or Lisa becoming the VC of the 8th because there's Nanao etc)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana the 1st Kenpachi......well we definetly know where all the 'fear' of Unohana came from, but i gotta say i wasnt too surprised to find out she was this kind of person...even tho i wouldnt have guessed THE KENPACHI, ever since i read that her real Zanpakuto form is the Nodachi that sort of told us someone who wields that type of sword is a brute force type....
    great fucking chapter tho!!

had a smile on my face for a good 15 minutes at work after reading it ppl were lookin at me funny

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Last time we saw them was in Karakura town, so they certainly haven't joined Gotei 13 because there's no place for them (Shinji, Kensei and Rose took back the division they had command over, and since there is already VC there, Hinamori and Kira and Hisagi, people like Mashiro for example couldn't become the VC of the 9th, or Lisa becoming the VC of the 8th because there's Nanao etc)
    Well, if that's the case, thenthey may be added to division 8, but there would still be two more spots right? Might as well give the division to the Chiba clan.The Vizards would likely help no matter what. In the end, it doesn't really mean much who is in the position. Everyone will fight.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, the chapter was damn interesting.
    We found an info that Ichigo seems to ba a monster if he is able to use faster Shunpo in his base form that a Freacking Royal Guard member who was the first God of Flash and who easily managed to do a fodder threatment to Soi Fong. So Ichigo even without his Bankai has an unbelievable speed. As expected. As well as his physical strength letting him crack one of the Royal Guard's members bones.
    Thus no matter how people look at it, but Kirge made a damn great performanse against Ichigo, considering his skills and level of strength.

Shunsui finally getting Captain Commander position was expected, but it's still a great thing to finally be revealed. Among the current Captains he seems to be the fittest for the job. He seems to be the one respected by everyone in SS, by Royal Guard and Yama himself. And his power seems to be rivaled only by Unohana.

Well, Unohana being the first Kenpachi was one of the most unexpected things in the manga. Her appearence in the end of the chapter was beyond badass. I really like her facial expression at that moment. And her teaching Zaraki would be a great thing. And it would be a pity if we won't witness at least a bit of it.
    Also Unohana having a name Yachiru seems to be damn interesting. The current Yachiru seems to be destined to become the next Kenpachi.

The only thing I didn't like was Renji being able to withstand a punch from a Royal Guard. Come on! Renji was always close to useless and practically always lost badly in every Arc with rare exeptions, when he was fighting some fodder like Jackie and now he becomes strong out of place? I just can't buy it.
    Woah!!! Smiley Overload!! Calm down over there lol...

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sp0nje's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder. Will Zaraki kenpachi finally learn to use shikai or even bankai?
    Well.. We will see soon enough

Ow and this remind me of some time ago when I posted this:

Quote Quote:
    The guy tells Unohana:
    What you're meant to do now.. is not healing..

The expression of Unohana and the look of Kyouraku Shunsui towards her after that.
    What does this mean guys

OW YEA!! She is finally going in combat!!

Edit: Now that I think about it. The expression of Unohana is of someone who doesn't want to fight at all. Also Unohana a student of someone who looks to be in the same age has her? Ofcourse it is possible with the ages in bleach. But I think their is more behind it. Her is what I think:

Unohana was never a healer to begin with. She was actually in a normal squad. I guess that after some unpleasant event she decided to stop fighting and ended up has a student of the zero squad guy. It could explain some things. Why ppl are terrified of her. Why she never fights.
    Last edited by sp0nje; December 12, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't all of the Vizards already rejoin?
    Isn't the Shiba clan kind of disgraced in Soul Society? I forget, but they used to be a noble family but are no longer, is that right? Although Zero Division is evidently happy to use their 'transportation' services. But Ganju was struggling to survive against Yumichika, a 5th seat, so he's no where near VC material. We don't know how strong Kukakku is, but regardless, without knowing exactly what their relationship is with the Gotei 13 I don't know whether or not they'd even be allowed to join.

Hachi, Lisa, Hiyori, Love and Mashiro are still in the human world. Well, I say that, but we haven't seen all of them. Hiyori, Mashiro and Hachi are definitely in the human world, the others are unaccounted for.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia Khan View Post
    I think Unohana has left and changed herself and became a healer after being accidentaly becoming soft hearted
    I think thats certainly one possibility. Unohana was the first Kenpachi because she was around back when the Gotei 13 were first created and she could have been one of the "monsters/demons" that Bach described. Which would make her very old, but then again appearances haven't proven to bee that great with telling age in Bleach. Another possibility is that Unohana was the first Kenpachi when that tradition of the 11th Division was first established and continued to be carried on thereafter. We've seen this with 12th Division and Urahara when he changed it into the Research and Development Institute. And i'm even sure that the 2nd Division wasn't always the Onmitsukio.

Either way Unohana doesn't initially appear to fit the role of a Kenpachi all that well given the fact that the 11th Division looks down on anyone who uses Kido or anything other then raw skill/swordsmanship for that fact. But i'm sure there is a great back story to all of this. Maybe as time wore on Unohana came to regret the things she did and decided to repent for those acts by not participating in battles and decided to save lives rather then take them. Another interesting thing that i can't help but think was very important foreshadowing was the fact that Kubo showed us Kyoraku's entire name. That definitely wasn't just for show.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

New Reply
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast