Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    ---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

shunsui's popularity will likely skyrocket and then crash and burn. He will initially seem all badass and whatnot going to every conceivable extreme past any notion of pride to get every plausible required asset to win (much like juhabach said yamamoto didn't do) and then it will all crash and burn when shunsui has trouble fighting a standard stern rittern or gets his ass handed to him by juhabach.
    Well, I could kinda see that, people on this site are quick to complain when a character gets beaten up, even when its a first encounter with the main antagonist of the arc. Unohana probably is the first Kenpachi. I doubt it's a lie, plus shinigami age extremely slow. Also fits with her character.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kubo just enjoys trolling. Unohona? Ahahahaha.

Man. You know, I love this story but I wish Kubo would stop being so vague, about everything.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

# of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know Japanese names have to parts, first the family name and then the given name. I never heard anything about a middle name. That's why I asked if this was comparable to the genryusai bit which seems to be a sort of title or honorific. What is the actual meaning of genryusai and tadaoki for that matter?
    I think that has something to do with nobility or aristocracy (like a courtesy name); for example Oomaeda is from a lower noble house and has three given names; and Kyouraku is from a lower house too. Dunno if Sasakibe came from a noble family too, but I think is something like that (on ancient Japan have existed this too, if I'm not wrong).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Well, the chapter was damn interesting.
    We found an info that Ichigo seems to ba a monster if he is able to use faster Shunpo in his base form that a Freacking Royal Guard member who was the first God of Flash and who easily managed to do a fodder threatment to Soi Fong. So Ichigo even without his Bankai has an unbelievable speed. As expected. As well as his physical strength letting him crack one of the Royal Guard's members bones.
    Thus no matter how people look at it, but Kirge made a damn great performanse against Ichigo, considering his skills and level of strength.

Shunsui finally getting Captain Commander position was expected, but it's still a great thing to finally be revealed. Among the current Captains he seems to be the fittest for the job. He seems to be the one respected by everyone in SS, by Royal Guard and Yama himself. And his power seems to be rivaled only by Unohana.

Well, Unohana being the first Kenpachi was one of the most unexpected things in the manga. Her appearence in the end of the chapter was beyond badass. I really like her facial expression at that moment. And her teaching Zaraki would be a great thing. And it would be a pity if we won't witness at least a bit of it.
    Also Unohana having a name Yachiru seems to be damn interesting. The current Yachiru seems to be destined to become the next Kenpachi.

The only thing I didn't like was Renji being able to withstand a punch from a Royal Guard. Come on! Renji was always close to useless and practically always lost badly in every Arc with rare exeptions, when he was fighting some fodder like Jackie and now he becomes strong out of place? I just can't buy it.
    simply put i agree 110% with everything written here lol
    including the smiley faces cuz i absolutely loved this chapter
    ---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abyozuu View Post
    how could rukia resist the temperature while her lower body was floating naked. does she release sode no shirayuki subconsciously?

i mean this: http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/520/14
    it was mentioned by Kubo that the real form of her Zanpakuto would be revealed in this arc, furthermore if you look into it she's the only shinigami who wields a Nodachi, so essentially a very long sword, it seems she has ALWAYS been the powerhouse of the Gotei 13 in terms of brute force

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

shunsui's popularity will likely skyrocket and then crash and burn. He will initially seem all badass and whatnot going to every conceivable extreme past any notion of pride to get every plausible required asset to win (much like juhabach said yamamoto didn't do) and then it will all crash and burn when shunsui has trouble fighting a standard stern rittern or gets his ass handed to him by juhabach.
    and yet i dont remember a time when Shunsui wasnt a popular Captain....unless you mean in the top 5 fanboy/girl type of skyrocketing, imo he's always been coolest lookin guy just by even the way he looks (drawn) since most people love that Samurai or Ronin type of character in every manga

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    Kubo just enjoys trolling. Unohona? Ahahahaha.

Man. You know, I love this story but I wish Kubo would stop being so vague, about everything.
    its not trolling there's been MANY hints when it comes to Unohana, its been hinted even back when it was just at the thought of how scary she is when the other captains would be talking, there's been MANY hints

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

but anyways the whole Yachiru thing is one thing i'm really kinda baffled by, is she A Yachiru or is she ACTUALLY Yachiru the vice captain (who is coneveniently never anywhere to be found during battles) it begs the question who else would be able to survive Kenpachi's reatsu all the time anyways (who's a lil kid)...although imo her actually BEING Yachiru seems random and i'm leaning towards unlikely....but not because im sure, but because i just dont get it lol

was reminded that Yachiru was only the name Kenpachi gave her, per his admiration for said person....
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; December 12, 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just thinking about Kenpachi's impending upgrade, and I'm wondering what the purpose of it is. By that I mean that Kubo wouldn't be giving him that boost for no reason - he's going to use that power on somebody, and I'm wondering who. I don't think it will be Juha Bach; there's no revenge angle for the beating Kenpachi received, since it was actually Royd who handed his ass to him. Plus, I have a hard time believing that Kenpachi will ever be able to take on Bach, especially now that he has Zanka no Tachi in hand. Also there are other people in line to take Bach down; Ichigo, since he's a) the protagonist and b) there might be some connection between the two; Shunsui, Ukitake or Unohana, as devoted followers of Yamamoto, and the elders of the Gotei 13, etc.

Kubo's not going to introduce a new level of power in Kenpachi and then have him waste it on some fodder. So someone strong has got to show up to take Kenpachi on and make him work for the victory, but who could that someone be if not Juha Bach himself?
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; December 12, 2012 at 07:43 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW. Unohana the first Kenpachi was really unexpected. I cant believe it. Kubo is on a role. Strategically it makes alot of sense. He has potential to be on a uber tier level but his limitations are pretty much self inflicted. With a teacher like Unohana he can finally achieve his full potential. Kyoraku being the CC wasnt really shocking but i am glad that Kubo is showing us continuity in confirming certain matters and simply not leaving them implied. Between the Fullbriingers being back, the ouken being a part of the RG, the Soul King's appearance, his interest in Ichigo and finally Unohana being the first Kenpachi we have gooten quite alot of plot development in only two chapters along with comedy. Pretty well equated formula adapted by Kubo sensei. I am very impressed. I mean for a shounen its pretty damn solid story building from a literary POV. I always had faith in Kubo. I know Bleach can drag at times but when its like this, its damn awesome. Words cant even illustrate how pumped i am for the upcoming chapters. We still have alot of things that can potentially happen. Grimmy's appearance. Aizen's potential return. The Quincy / Yama back story. Isshin's backstory. Masaki's backstory. The FB's role in all of this. The SK's role in all of this. The former antagonist alliance of the FB / hollow. Ishida's role in all of this. Urahara's role in all of this. The Shiba clans role in all of this. I can go on and on. Kubo has a plethora of potential plot threads he can weave together to culminate Bleach. It's going to be epic.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I was just thinking about Kenpachi's impending upgrade, and I'm wondering what the purpose of it is. By that I mean that Kubo wouldn't be giving him that boost for no reason - he's going to use that power on somebody, and I'm wondering who. I don't think it will be Juha Bach; there's no revenge angle for the beating Kenpachi received, since it was actually Royd who handed his ass to him. Plus, I have a hard time believing that Kenpachi will ever be able to take on Bach, especially now that he has Zanka no Tachi in hand. Also there are other people in line to take Bach down; Ichigo, since he's a) the protagonist and b) there might be some connection between the two; Shunsui, Ukitake or Unohana, as devoted followers of Yamamoto, and the elders of the Gotei 13, etc.

Kubo's not going to introduce a new level of power in Kenpachi and then have him waste it on some fodder. So someone strong has got to show up to take Kenpachi on and make him work for the victory, but who could that someone be if not Juha Bach himself?
    im pretty sure the only people left on Bach's side are all powerhouses the SRs that are left anyway, i'm sure there's someone out there Because imo Juha Bach has thought every part of his lil war through and if he knows he also has to deal with the RG he probably has some people he hasnt revealed

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Heleos's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, I'm a bit new here but there's just so much exciting stuff going on in this chapter I'd like to maybe toss in a prediction or two.
    Looking back on Chapter 517, where Kriniji says "what you should be doing right now... is simply leaving the mess to the pros" Unohana looks very downcast and again in the panel in the top right of that same page where her back is facing us. Considering what we know now, with her being the first Kenpachi (indicating her great strength), it would mean she's been around for a long time now, probably since the Zero Squad was first appointed.
    For some reason though, she isn't in it herself and is no longer Kenpachi but instead a healer. As I see it, from the manner in which Kirinji talks to her, and the following panel in which her eyes and Kyoraku's are again downcast, I think some sort of an "accident" must have occurred in the past. (If so, it would probably be related to her monstrous strength, the zero squad's familiarity with her, and the fact that she is no longer Kenpachi or participating in any combat whatsoever)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DR.DOOM's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

is she stronger than yama ji I doubt that though?

We do nothing.The fight will be over without me lifting a finger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

What i want to know is with the FB who are going to be captain class, the vizards already captain class, Grimm and Halli also captain class, the RG almost Yama / Aizen level and the Urahara faction all teaming up with SS including a newly upgraded Kenpachi, a killer Unohana and a Kyoraku who is now the CC so with all that responsibilty he is going to be uber focused how are the VR going to compete? Are there enough captain class VR to face this alliance?
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe everyone can guess that Kenpachi's bakai is extremely powerful, but who has the most dangerous and scariest bankai? Shunsui or Aizen? Anyway, there are some doctors who use corpses to further advance their knowledge, hence in this case Unohana has been practicing killing techniques with corpses for more than 100 years.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction regarding the Zaraki & the "Yachiru" connection:

We know Zaraki gave his VC her name based on someone he admired. Unfortunately, I don't recall Zaraki ever going into great detail about this. In other words, we don't know if he ever knew this individual personally, or if he only knew the one named "Yachiru" through various rumors, stories, and legends. My bet is on the latter. Yachiru Unohana was probably a known name (if not THE name) to be feared and respected within the district Zarakai grew up in. And its the legend she left behind that Zaraki grew to admire.

So if my prediction is correct, it should be interesting to see his reaction upon learning who the identity of his hero is.
    Last edited by xmacex; December 12, 2012 at 09:20 PM.

13. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Bouvet Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Who would have thought that Yachiru has been a gal? Lol I had also assumed Zaraki fought with this "Yachiru" person and admired "his" strength too.

I wonder how many captains knew about this "secret".

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice chapter kubo is the best at twists unohona being the first kenpachi and the one to inspire kenpachi to give his VC her name. so it seems kenpachi was purposely held back cause they fear him. he will become an even bigger monster after the training.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why is it that every other forum i go to Everyone is overhyping Kenpachis powerup to the point of stupidity, over there i hear about kenpachi reaching Bach lvl or surpassing Yama what kind of bullshit is that lol.
    Kenpachi will never surpass Yama with 1 powerup, It will take him years to surpass the old man, If unohana and shunsui couldnt after hundreds of years what makes people believe kenpachi can in a few days or weeks.
    Kenpachi is so overestimated is ridiculous,
    We all know kenpachi will be strong after this powerup but people please stop putting him on Aizen/Bach,Yamas lvl is totally ridiculous.
    people are literally taking the Fearing comment to a whole different lvl, there many reason as to why kenpachi was never thought the art of killing,
    1. We all know Kenpachi has no self controll and can really cause a havok in a fight regarless or his surroundings, Kenpachi is basically a Untrained Dog with no sense. so why someone train someone like that if its not really necessary.
    2. Once Kenpachi is fighting he forgets everything that is happening outside, Is like the fight is surrounded by empty space for him, If kenpachi were to have Yamas Bankai, he would have used it without a 2nd though on how many people would die.
    3. Unlike Kenpachi, Shunsui and Unohana have self controll.
    Last edited by daman246; December 12, 2012 at 09:48 PM.

New Reply
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast