Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TheNWonderman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

You guys realize this thread is for the discussion of the current chapter and the prediciton of events in future chapters to come? Where are the Mods?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member notBowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We're probably gonna get a slow pace going on. Next stage will probably not even be the beginning of the reforging Bankai process. If I were to venture I guess they'll land in Kirio's palace and eat some giant feast that may or may not have training beneficial purposes.

This will hopefully be interspersed with scenes from the more interesting goings-on in SS i.e. Kenpachi getting installed with the latest in BAMF firmware.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

We can still be made to wait about Unohana and Kenpachi. Nothing was said about him after the initial "captaincy duty in danger" call. But since Kyouraku proceeded with his plea in Central 46, it's safe to assume he already recovered his health to a good degree.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNWonderman View Post
    You guys realize this thread is for the discussion of the current chapter and the prediciton of events in future chapters to come? Where are the Mods?
    Any viable suggestions?
    Because I don't really think deleting multiple pages of discussions is something sensible.

I don't really know if you have been checking each past chapter's thread, but it has been like this more or less, at least since I arrived here this summer.

~Oh, and I know we already have a thread about power levels, but since every discussion is based on power levels in a way or another, moving every discussion to that thread wouldn't be a suitable choice, either.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; December 15, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno if Kenpachi recovered lol,from what I remember,both he and Byakuya had pretty much grave wounds,really hard to heal,that's why Byakuya was even transported to the Royal Palace,because of his injuries.I find it curious that Kenpachi was not transported,which may suggest that he recovered,in which case I am amazed by his recovery rate.

I doubt we will see soon Kenpach and Unohana training.For the next chapter,I expect to see Renji and Ichigo arriving at their destination,where Ichigo will most likely find that special "reijutsu" that will reforge his Zanpakutou.Did it occur to anyone else,that if Ichigo can use that reijutsu to reforge his Zanpakutou,then maybe Renji also has a chance of repairing his Zanpakatou?(aka his broken segments of Bankai).It would be quite awesome,as we'd see his improved Bankai and it would further raise his power,which,btw,is quite impressive,just imagine it,RENJI RESISTED A PUNCH FROM A ROYAL GUARD.(lol,that's serious character development there).

If Unohana turned out the first Kenpachi,tbh,this did not shock me greatly,I kinda was expecting smth like this for her,then why is her Zanpakutou a healing-type ? I wonder if Unohana somehow altered her Shikai's functions,just like how Yumichika did it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i imagine its not hard to believe that Kenpachi can handle taking more damage than Byakuya (and likely everyone else) though so i'm sure Unohana will be enough to help him recover

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    I wonder if Unohana somehow altered her Shikai's functions,just like how Yumichika did it.
    yeah interesting question, that might very well be the case

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
    Are we really arguing if Yamamoto was just a normal shinigami with experience? It's off-topic and completely contradicts canon.
    there wasnt much of an argument it was one person who was essentially refusing what the author himself has written

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

In Yumichika's case, it's about calling out his Shikai's name differently, and the zanpakuto not quite responding. I'm not sure if Unohana's Shikai would be prone to such an insult
    But her Shikai was a living creature or so it seems to be (I don't know if calling Mayuri's Bankai or Unohana's Shikai a living creature is the right thing), it may be open to being remodeled easily. Perhaps this was the case or Minazuki can also switch to an attacking pose which we are yet to see.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Did it occur to anyone else,that if Ichigo can use that reijutsu to reforge his Zanpakutou,then maybe Renji also has a chance of repairing his Zanpakatou?(aka his broken segments of Bankai).It would be quite awesome,as we'd see his improved Bankai and it would further raise his power,which,btw,is quite impressive,just imagine it,RENJI RESISTED A PUNCH FROM A ROYAL GUARD.(lol,that's serious character development there)
    1. And why the hell do you think he IS there? For reforging his bankai, of course...?
    2. Kubo stated, that Renji's bankai WILL change. As for now, Renji's bankai is hard to control and not very useful in close combat. And catching Quincy with this thing would be tricky as well.
    3. Development? Compare those 2 situations:

Ichigo tanked a full blow, that could have killed him if he wasn't healed, with full speed shunpo behind it. (Yakuza wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use his full speed). He counter-attacked and wounded him.

Renji took a blow to his stomach instead of face as Ichigo. And still he was shaking, even though RG held back, because he wanted to show him, that he isn't ready to go further. And his hand was hurt by Ichigo. He didn't want to kill Renji, he wanted to prove to him, that he isn't any good right now. He underestimated him.

Renji resisting that punch isn't impressive at all.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool chapter. My thoughts:

The title Kenpachi does not automatically mean you are the strongest fighter in that generation. I take it more as just a title that you are among the strongest. I always knew unohana would be a beastly fighter.

Shunsui's attitude and sharpness is the reason i like him so much. True, at the current moment he is not at the level that yama is, hence it would not make sense for him to defeat Bach. However, this will give us an opportunity to see shunsui and ukitake use their famous combination and overhwlem bach.

Kenpachi getting proper training and improving is a smart move. True he won't be at the level of yama, but he willl definitely be a powerhouse against teh SR because he does not depend on bankai. I also want to add that i believe it was Bach that defeated kenpachi, not Rroyd/Lloyd. If you look at the chapter, Bach was talking about his SRs like they were disposable trash but when Yama used the corpse technique against the Rroyd/Lloyd, he felt compassion towards his fallen comrades. Their reaction towards their comrades differs tremendously, thus making it quite clear to me that bach defeated kenpachi then switched with Rroyd/Lloyd when he sense yama's reiatsu approaching

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Renji took a blow to his stomach instead of face as Ichigo. And still he was shaking, even though RG held back, because he wanted to show him, that he isn't ready to go further. And his hand was hurt by Ichigo. He didn't want to kill Renji, he wanted to prove to him, that he isn't any good right now. He underestimated him.

He still exceeded Kirinji's expectations. Of course, he wasn't going for a killer blow. They were there for getting healed, not for getting beaten to death.
    Not being around RG level doesn't make it unimpressive alone. Kirinji knew he was up against a vice-captain and tested him bearing that in mind.

I'd say it's still impressive from a certain perspective.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    He still exceeded Kirinji's expectations. Of course, he wasn't going for a killer blow. They were there for getting healed, not for getting beaten to death.
    Not being around RG level doesn't make it unimpressive alone. Kirinji knew he was up against a vice-captain and tested him bearing that in mind.

Not so impressive to take it as a character development and to take it as Renji being close to Ichigo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak
    1. And why the hell do you think he IS there? For reforging his bankai, of course...?
    2. Kubo stated, that Renji's bankai WILL change. As for now, Renji's bankai is hard to control and not very useful in close combat. And catching Quincy with this thing would be tricky as well.
    3. Development? Compare those 2 situations:

Ichigo tanked a full blow, that could have killed him if he wasn't healed, with full speed shunpo behind it. (Yakuza wouldn't be surprised if he didn't use his full speed). He counter-attacked and wounded him.

1.Renji and Rukia and Byakuya were taken there for healing,as their wounds were too great for Unohana to heal.Ichigo was taken there to reforge his Bankai,not Renji.Of course it's also possible Renji will repair his Zanpakutou,but that was not the motive with which he was brought to the Royal Palace.

2.Did you see the new Bankai of Renji ? Ofc Kubo stated his Bankai would change,it's said that during the time-skip he perfected his Bankai,THAT's when his Bankai changed lol.We have not seen his new Bankai form and how Renji controls it now,so you can only assume and say it's hard to control,since we've not seen it.:-)

3.Ofc the RG held back when he hit Renji.I said it's impressive because he was suprised by the fact that Renji resisted and didn't fly away,despite shaking.It is impressive compared to what Renji has done up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken
    That's how I view it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak
    Not so impressive to take it as a character development and to take it as Renji being close to Ichigo.
    Now,who said that Renji tanking that attack makes him anywhere close to Ichigo lol ? I am simply trying to say that Renji has started to display finally some power,something to show that he isn't just a garbage VC.
    Last edited by g0dzax; December 15, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    It is a character development because Kubo could have easily left Renji in the healing pool and cast him aside until Ichigo went through all his journey in the Royal Dimension. Instead, Renji is also sent to the next palace, so, we may assume he'll still have a role in the rest of the journey, as small as it may be.
    Being close to Ichigo in terms of power isn't something I advocated in the first place, so, I'll pass.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    i believe it was Bach that defeated kenpachi, not Rroyd/Lloyd.

thank you, i've been wonderin about that for a while, whether or not we had actual proof that it was the Fake who had Kenpachi by the throat when we went back to that scene

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Renji and Rukia and Byakuya were taken there for healing,as their wounds were too great for Unohana to heal.Ichigo was taken there to reforge his Bankai,not Renji.Of course it's also possible Renji will repair his Zanpakutou,but that was not the motive with which he was brought to the Royal Palace.
    His bankai would change entirely. Also, I don't think Renji's and Rukia's wounds were SO much. Rukia was already awake. As for Byakuya... he was and still is in serious condition.

Quote Quote:
    2.Did you see the new Bankai of Renji ? Ofc Kubo stated his Bankai would change,it's said that during the time-skip he perfected his Bankai,THAT's when his Bankai changed lol.We have not seen his new Bankai form and how Renji controls it now,so you can only assume and say it's hard to control,since we've not seen it.:-)
    Oh, and how do YOU know, that his bankai changed during timeskip? It's just your baseless assumption. You just had to write something, didn't you?

Quote Quote:
    3.Ofc the RG held back when he hit Renji.I said it's impressive because he was suprised by the fact that Renji resisted and didn't fly away,despite shaking.It is impressive compared to what Renji has done up until now.
    Until now he was doing very good. He wasn't fodder character like, for instance, Komamura.

Quote Quote:
    Now,who said that Renji tanking that attack makes him anywhere close to Ichigo lol ? I am simply trying to say that Renji has started to display finally some power,something to show that he isn't just a garbage VC.
    Before you post, read the WHOLE thread. :P There were such posts. Ang again, it ISN'T character development. It was there just to let Renji go further with Ichigo.

Quote Quote:
    It is a character development because Kubo could have easily left Renji in the healing pool and cast him aside until Ichigo went through all his journey in the Royal Dimension. Instead, Renji is also sent to the next palace, so, we may assume he'll still have a role in the rest of the journey, as small as it may be.
    The whole journey is, resisting a punch isn't. He had to go with Ichigo. One could wonder why. To remodel his bankai...?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

the exchange between Kenpachi and Haschwald makes me wonder if Kubo hasnt already pointed out to us just who he will be facing after all....Haschwald

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/503/5

the look Haschwald gave him almost seemed like it was personal like there was something about Kenpachi even he a very calm and collected person (as far as we've seen) seems quite annoyed by

it would probably be an interesting fight

New Reply
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast