Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    Once it's stolen, I think the mediallion holds the bankai regardless of the user's death. That's my prediction.
    Of course it does -.- Driscoll had Sasakibe's bankai...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Of course it does -.- Driscoll had Sasakibe's bankai...
    Not the bankai user's death, I meant the death of the Quincy using the medallion. Gonna go edit that now...

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the bankai user's death, I meant the death of the Quincy using the medallion. Gonna go edit that now...
    Well, that'd be troublesome. Aizen would lay his hands on this medallion and... Yamaji's dead, who can retrieve it? Noone, so Aizen'll have transcendental shit, Yamaji's bankai and his own bankai (if he has one). Damn, I don't like where this is going. I hope medallions are linked to user's soul.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that'd be troublesome. Aizen would lay his hands on this medallion and... Yamaji's dead, who can retrieve it? Noone, so Aizen'll have transcendental shit, Yamaji's bankai and his own bankai (if he has one). Damn, I don't like where this is going. I hope medallions are linked to user's soul.
    The medallion with Zanka no Tachi is with Bach, remember? How's Aizen gonna get it?

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually.. it doesn't. It doesn't mean anything. If he said "before I left" it'd make sense. "Before I come back" would suggest he told him before leaving to 1st Division Baracks. But "Before I CAME back" doesn't mean anything. He told him this before coming back from where?
    From the 1st division barracks?
    But that could support the theory that Ken-chan was beaten by Bach himself, who then left.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

The medallion with Zanka no Tachi is with Bach, remember? How's Aizen gonna get it?
    Supposing he gets free, it is nothing for mindfuck-type-zanpakuto aka Kyoka Suigetsu. He goes to Bach, he makes him believe there is 10242042112909 medallions in room he is in. Then says "Let's play a game" and then, rolls on the floor laughing, when Bach can't find correct one. Or he makes him believe he isn't moving at all, when he is actually taking his medallion. For someone who has bankai saying shikai's name isn't necessary, so seeing Aizen's sword is game over. And if he goes transcendental Hollow-like form that could mop the floor with everyone... he can kill Juha and take it.

Damn, he has thousands of ways how to do it if he gets free. ;x

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    From the 1st division barracks?
    But that could support the theory that Ken-chan was beaten by Bach himself, who then left.
    And how would that make sense? If he told him that BEFORE COMING BACK, that would mean he WASN'T WITH YAMAJI AND ROYD because he HASN'T COME BACK YET when he was telling ROYD (that was with Yamaji) that...
    Last edited by Duniak; December 15, 2012 at 06:10 PM.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

That's an interesting thought. But Juha seemed pretty confident of bringing out Zanka no Tachi South. And Bach is on the same level as Yama (or higher). Theoretically, in Driscoll's case he should have been able to do the same. To be able to steal Sasakibe's bankai, he should have been on the same (if not higher) power level. Therefore, he should have been able to use the full potential of the bankai. I dunno why or how he wasn't able to.

I've always assumed that it was the medallion that mattered. Break the medallion and you get your bankai back. Or undo whatever mechanism is in the medallion and you get your bankai back.

Just from what Bach said to Yama, it seems like the wielder's power is significant when the stealing process is taking place. Once it's stolen, I think the mediallion holds the bankai regardless of the death of the medallion wielder. That's my prediction. But we'll have to wait and see if that's the case.
    That could be the truth behind it or a simple taunt to Captain-Commander, I'm not sure.
    I developed a theory that to contain the stolen Bankai inside the medallion, the Quincy use their own spirit power. In that regard, if Royd were to steal it, not only he wouldn't be able to control it, but also he wouldn't be able to suppress it within his medallion and perhaps his medallion would get broken due to his lack of suppressing force and Bankai will return to the Shinigami.

Just a theory of mine, though.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, pretty soon Urahara's going to give an explanation of the Bankai-stealing medallions. Since As Nodt apparently got vaporized, the medallion may have been destroyed too. Byakuya may now be in a similar state to Ichigo and Renji, and have his Bankai in the state of being "broken" like theirs are? Maybe we'll get to see a different form for Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

About the medallions, the info we have to go off of seems to be:

1. They are Quincy tools, developed recently. (From what Kirge said, + it was said the Quincy developed them. I guess they could turn out to be a modified Shinigami device, but I doubt it.)

2. You need to be strong enough to contain the Shinigami's power. (From what Bach said, you need to be strong enough to handle it at all.)

3. After stealing it, you aren't necessarily strong enough to use it to full effect. (From what Yama said when fighting the guy who stole Sasakibe's bankai. The Bankai was a lot weaker than when Sasakibe used it.)

4. You can use it even after the Shinigami you took it from dies. (From the use of Sasakibe's Bankai.)

---

Beyond that, I'm not sure we have any other info. So apparently, only Quincy can use them, and you need to be a really strong Quincy to both steal and use the Bankai to its full effect. I don't think a Shinigami (except maybe Ichigo) could use a medallion.

This makes me wonder if something might happen, like Mayuri giving his Bankai to Ishida, in order to win a fight, so no one else can steal his Bankai. Of course, he'd be holding Ishida hostage somehow, like with poison or something, haha.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

And how would that make sense? If he told him that BEFORE COMING BACK, that would mean he WASN'T WITH YAMAJI AND ROYD because he HASN'T COME BACK YET when he was telling ROYD (that was with Yamaji) that...
    Calm down...
    I believe this is more of a grammar than plot issue. Bach told Royd "Don't do anything before I come back". It's not that Bach told Royd "Don't do anything" with coming back referring to the future.
    REVOLUTION! FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrs View Post
    Well, pretty soon Urahara's going to give an explanation of the Bankai-stealing medallions. Since As Nodt apparently got vaporized, the medallion may have been destroyed too. Byakuya may now be in a similar state to Ichigo and Renji, and have his Bankai in the state of being "broken" like theirs are? Maybe we'll get to see a different form for Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.
    Byakuya's bankai is one of those bankais whose range, techniques etc have been covered completely. It could be that what Kubo's going for right now, with both Byakuya and Ichigo for that matter, is a partial reboot of their bankais.

I for one would love to see a rebooted bankai from both of them.

About your list:

I dunno if they were developed recently, slightly confused...Yamamoto seemed to display some kind of knowledge about them, implying that they did exist at least 200 years ago or maybe even waaay back during the first Quincy war. I know he was proven wrong to a certain extent but I can't help but think what he said about the "knowledge of the bankai" being key....might be true. If it is true, then it could mean that the medallion, in some shape or form, existed before the current battle and Yama knew about it.

My theory is that the medallion used to be a spell (remember Ivan v Ichigo?) that Quincies used to use during their wars against the Shinigamis. And these spells required that you knew certain key things about your opponent's bankai. You would then weave these keywords into the spell and, eventually, steal their bankai. All they've done is put that mechanism into a medallion now.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh so 3rd seat okikiba is still alive,I thought juha killed him...well,that fodder was a new character so it's okay that he has still to be developed...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

To me it's obvious that Renji is growing rapidly in strength and skills, that is however not to say at same pace and level as Ichigo.

Rukia isn't a clueless shinigami, I think many of us can agree to that? She knows skills when she sees them, (Think back to very early Bleach where Byakuya and Renji came to capture Rukia for her crimes lending her powers to Ichigo), back then when Renji attacked her.
    She clearly commented on how Renji had grown quite a lot in skills as for what she normally would expect, and Rukia in their flashback was always shown to be good with shinigami arts, never the opposite which Renji was shown to be until he attained his massive almost impossible goal at the time to grow stronger than Byakuya.

Rukia seem to attain skills naturally (But also lacks strong motivation unlike Renji), while Renji has to fight for them, much like how many humans are in real life, and if we really have to go there, it's similar to Sauske/Naruto...
    ... No I didn't just bring in Naruto, it was an illusion you read
    But in all seriousness, think about it for a moment, Renji is the type that has to work hard for skills, but that doesn't necessary make him weak, as many wants to box him into being.

Renji and Rukia were only in Gotei for about roughly 40 years, it took Renji 40 years from a novice who attained a serious goal (To grow stronger than Byakuya) to attain Bankai (Still not surpassing Byakuya at this point).
    That's quite a serious feat, mind you Ichigo is extraordinary + Urahara's bankai doll help, but 40 years is still amazing for a shinigami to grow from nothing but a clueless shinigami schooler, to bankai.

During timeskip he then (According to some claims from an interview with Kubo) masters his bankai, maybe not perfectly, but to a great deal perhaps?
    Well even so, if it's true, which is likely considering his pace of growth thus far, then it's yet another milestone in his potential to Gotei 13 (I won't compare to Ichigo, lets not go there).
    Gotei 13 was recently in more ways called/shown weak compared to its history, so this seems to indicate that not only will Renji grow in strength and skills, the entire Gotei 13 has to power up.

Here are the more obvious ones...
    - Zaraki learning from Unuhana.
    - Unuhana picking up her sword to fight (Kubo interview)
    - Renji growing at a rapid pace.
    - Shunsui picks up responsibility, perhaps his battle abilities will follow up on that (His sword likes games after all).
    - Hitsugaya, due to Shunsui's words about him taking 100 years to grow stronger than Shunsui himself, I don't think we should expect much from him, however, I think he'll show a great deal more than he did in the past in his final show down (Probably when many other captain bankai's will be revealed too).

Taboo for the Vizards to be allowed to use their hollow abilities and not just keep them under control? Perhaps and I think likely was it prohibited for the Vizards to use their hollow abilities, and thinking on how cowardly and stupid Central 46 are, I don't think that's stretching it.

Right... Back on trail leaving the Gotei 13's growth out of the picture once more.
    Now Renji might get a much better bankai ability? Perhaps an altered version of his bankai?
    Honestly, at this rate, where will Renji's growth stop?
    There is so much more than just bankai to learn, so many more and different ways to grow in strength and skills, Aizen in particular explained this at some point, and it's shown in many other characters, bankai and bankai mastering isn't everything.

I don't think Renji will surpass Unuhana, Shunsui, Zaraki, Shinji and Kensei (with mastered hollow mask/abilities, they didn't seem to master hollowfication against Aizen).
    However, I think he'll be up there near them in skills and strength, not because I want him to, but it seems to indicate that this is where he's heading, where does his growth stop? At some point it will have to, but is it really now when he did throw through the entire freaking manga and recent SS history?

It seems that Gotei 13 relied too much on old man Yama's strength, and this is probably also why they grew weaker, they relied too much on him.
    A future Gotei 13 could be much more balanced in powers between captains, and it seems to me that all captains and potential captain candidates with perhaps a few exceptions, will showcase what Gotei 13 truly is meant to be in the near future.

Gotei 13 has to redeem themselves after this failure, this is a shounen after all, + Shunsui's new plans for Gotei 13 has to be shown pay off.
    I think Renji is a vital piece to Shunsui's goal for Gotei 13, (Of course not the only one but vital), while he may not know Renji's true potential yet, I think he'll be aware of it sooner or later. I'm talking about Shunsui's goal as new CC, not his plan, since this is all about restoring SS to its former pride, and not about how he does it.

Well... Sorry for this absurdly long post, I even surprised my self when I took a look at how long it became... But f you made through it, you got my compliments, whether you agree, share same views, or disagree

15. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch
    I think people overlook the fact that the reason why Renji wasn't sent flying is because Kirinji's hand was already broken by Ichigo's counter attack.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*side note*

Good to be back from my "break".

(ontopic)

Thought this was a great chapter.

Can't wait to see Kenpachi finally reach his true potential.

Also happy to see Shunsui as the new CC and Unohana revealed as the "First Kenpachi".

Over all, chapter was a 10/10 for me.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Quantized

Kensei looks strong but he doesn't have any solid feats and he got off panelled by Wonderwiss, though that would probably happen to almost anyone lol

New Reply
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast