Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    I'm gonna hold on to my irrational hope that Hitsugaya would face off against Zanka no Tachi.

Yes, yes, I know ZnT is with Bach and Ichigo will face Bach...but somehow, I want Hyorinmaru vs ZnT.
    Match-ups aside, when Captain-Commander went Bankai, Hitsugaya was unable to use Hyourinmaru, so, it looks like you will be let down

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    I agree.

If you're gonna replace Shunsui at a time of war like this one, ideally, you'd replace him with a captain of equal calibre or at least someone who's the closest to Shunsui of all the candidates.

Love fits the bill (he's more capable than Renji) and if you take Urahara out of the list.
    Absolutely.
    Actually, he's even more experienced than Urahara as a captain, so, he should be number one candidate out there.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; December 17, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notBowen View Post
    I think it's pretty clear it was broken because of the protrusion of the bone. It's beyond even being merely swollen:
    Riiiight, because in Bleach it is very clear what type of injuries characters receive and how they are affected by them. Seeing a boo boo on someone's hand is definitely a concern and calls for an immediate investigation as to who was responsible for giving this man such a vicious love tap. Some of the nitpicking and straw grasping that goes on gets a tiny bit out of hand.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    uhhh, care to explain why?

Its just that, I'm not getting why he would not be offered the position.

The only reason he could not return in the first place was because the 3 vacant spots where filled by his fellow Vizards.

Also his best friend Rose rejoined, I see no reason why he would not be offered or want to rejoin them given the emergency at hand.
    The person I was talking about was Renji. Since I think Love is going to be the first option, I can't see Renji getting an offer.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; December 17, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    True, but not when Byakuya is in this state, I think.
    Not to mention the bond between the two has seemingly strengthened over the time.
    Hmm, we'll just have to see

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    Yeah good point. Becoming a captain would be the next step, or at least one of the steps, in surpassing Byakuya. I just can't see him leaving him for a while. At least not until he thinks he's learned all he can from him.
    True, it might take another while. Another thing is, who would replace Renji? Maybe some new third seat character we haven't heard of, like with Okikiba (the old guy that guarded Yama's office)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

my prediction for the next chapter- 50/50 split between ichigo and SS.
    for ichigo and renji they get to the next area and are involved in some sort of comic relief.
    then a brief explanation as to how this special jutsu works that is supposed to restore/reforge the broken bankai-
    Renji will be uber excited to find out he gets to fix his bankai also-

Meanwhile-
    in SS- the new captian commander continues filling the ranks and assigning captains until the seats are filled up- this excludes those not present for promotion.
    Then Kenpachi tries to resist the training- and unohana shows her uberness, then near the end of the chapter, we see Unohana and kenpachi in a discussion about the art of killing or at least the beginning of that discussion.

somthing like ok- lesson 1: go for the kill, not the enjoyment,
    or Lesson 2: your zanpaktou and you, lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Add to that, if Renji left, the sixth would no longer have the 'hottest Captain/VC' spot clinched! LOL, unless maybe Grimmjow would consider a Vc post! (And for the slow, that's a joke...).

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    my prediction for the next chapter- 50/50 split between ichigo and SS.
    for ichigo and renji they get to the next area and are involved in some sort of comic relief.
    then a brief explanation as to how this special jutsu works that is supposed to restore/reforge the broken bankai-
    Renji will be uber excited to find out he gets to fix his bankai also-

Meanwhile-
    in SS- the new captian commander continues filling the ranks and assigning captains until the seats are filled up- this excludes those not present for promotion.
    Then Kenpachi tries to resist the training- and unohana shows her uberness, then near the end of the chapter, we see Unohana and kenpachi in a discussion about the art of killing or at least the beginning of that discussion.

somthing like ok- lesson 1: go for the kill, not the enjoyment,
    or Lesson 2: your zanpaktou and you, lol.
    To add to this: I think the next RG will be Shuutara. If we're gonna go into the "Fix the bankai" part, then it makes sense that Shuutara is next coz I assume she still has Ichigo's Tensa Zangetsu.

I'm burning for some Urahara stuff as well. I won't mind the next chapter being a Urahara and Royal Palace mixture.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Shutara does not necessarily have TS. We never saw her put the bodies in the ponds either or even give them to tenjiro. The best we could argue at the moment is that TS is precisely where it needs to be.

Now, the issue here would be whether ichigo is actually meant to go through all the cities and what he could possibly gain from each. Healing and bankai repairing are the obvious ones however if ichigo is meant to go through all the cities then there are 3 other things ichigo is supposed to do. If he goes to kirio's place then perhaps that step will require eating (due to her title involving cereal). Perhaps ichigo will eat a special cereal which will further replenish his strength and reiatsu? Anyways, with her I would expect special food. Then we have 3 other royals, one of which is supposed to repair TS. The repair of tensa zangetsu I would argue will be left for the guy with the huge beads. A super reijutsu is something I would expect him to take care off. Then we have shutara and that RG who disappeared earlier. Her ability relates to hands and apparently her ability to "grab" things so perhaps she will grab something from "within" ichigo? I doubt her ability will be what reforges TS for that matter... Perhaps she will grab ichigo's soul or something and help with his bankai? Is shutara a she or a he? Then we have the last guy and I can't really conceive what his role will be... Perhaps ichigo is not meant to visit all the cities though.

Now, I do wonder what the actual purpose of ichigo visiting the RP is. The royals said they were not taking him there to heal however it seems that his first steps there were just for that. Tenjiro also said ichigo was not there to meet the king either.... Perhaps he actually is there just to fix his bankai? Or he is there to meet the king and the royals were not actually told what they were bringing ichigo in for?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Blood Moon's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Oh, I looked over that fact.
    Anyway, Yoruichi probably has a Bankai, but I doubt she will show it. That's why I said she wasn't even shown carrying a zanpakuto.
    By the way, do we exactly know Kaien didn't have a Bankai or is it just an assumption, I don't remember it well.
    • The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye...until we meet again.
    • Hendrix

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

People still saying that Aizen could beat Yama? Well he defintely is the only person bar Juha Bach who is on his level but no one in Bleach can beat Yama 1 v 1, with no sealing / stealing tricks. Its that simple. Kubo has blatantly showed us that so many times its really pointless to continue the speculation. Yama > Everyone fair and square. Kubo has shown us that and every villain has gone through great measures to avoid facing him. Kubo has even stated that there has not been a shinigami born in the last 1000 stronger than Yama. I mean both times Yama lost it wasnt fair and iit wasnt 1 v 1. I understand that people may not like him but to say that he is not the most powerful character in the manga thus far is delusional.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You figure Kubo would have Lisa Yadomaru join the shinigami rather than stay behind with the Vizards. I don't really see her being the vice captain for the 8th division either, probably Hiyori will get chosen. Kubo should've killed off just enough minor captains and vice captains in either the Arrancar arc or this invasion to have all Vizards be captains/vice-captains, though it's interesting how some of them don't want to go back and some do. I really want to see Kubo show us more about the kind of relationship Nanao and Shunsui have with Lisa, and I REALLY want to see what it is like with Hisagi and Kensei.

Now that I think of it, just because Shunsui isn't the captain of the 8th division doesn't mean Lisa won't return to her old division.....she and Love didn't seem to be that close, but Hiyori probably hates SS the most out of all of them, Hacchi would probably rather join the Kidou Corp, and Love probably wouldn't pick Mashiro since she's so annoying. It probably will be Lisa.
    Last edited by exacta; December 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member notBowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Moon View Post
    Indeed. Corresponding manga page.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Did everyone forgot that Yoruichi herself said "the only captain in the gotei 13 that doesn't have a shikai/bankai is Zaraki" ?
    which implies everyone who's currently and has been a captain most likely has a shikai/bankai including herself. Just look at soi-fon, she utilizes her speed mainly but when push comes to shove she reveals her zanpaktou and it's likely Yoruichi will do the same when the time comes.

Love is by far the number one candidate to replace Kyouraku's position, unless Urahara or Yoruichi decides to join (unlikely) then there's no reason for any VC to be promoted to be a Captain of a division especially since they're in a state of emergency right now. Love's experience beats all VC by light years
    Last edited by hollowdemon; December 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM.

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Riiiight, because in Bleach it is very clear what type of injuries characters receive and how they are affected by them. Seeing a boo boo on someone's hand is definitely a concern and calls for an immediate investigation as to who was responsible for giving this man such a vicious love tap. Some of the nitpicking and straw grasping that goes on gets a tiny bit out of hand.
    Spoiler show

Mangapanda's translation says that it left a crack in his hand, BadKarma's says it got fractured. That injury looks different from the normal type. It's broken. This and the end of last arc have been building Ichigo as insanely strong and a mere aching hand for a RG member wouldn't do.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    People still saying that Aizen could beat Yama? Well he defintely is the only person bar Juha Bach who is on his level but no one in Bleach can beat Yama 1 v 1, with no sealing / stealing tricks. Its that simple. Kubo has blatantly showed us that so many times its really pointless to continue the speculation. Yama > Everyone fair and square. Kubo has shown us that and every villain has gone through great measures to avoid facing him. Kubo has even stated that there has not been a shinigami born in the last 1000 stronger than Yama. I mean both times Yama lost it wasnt fair and iit wasnt 1 v 1. I understand that people may not like him but to say that he is not the most powerful character in the manga thus far is delusional.
    Yamamoto was only stronger than Aizen because of his Zanpakutou. Everywhere else they were equal. So Yamamoto can't beat anyone fair and square. That claim that no Shinigami stronger than him had been born was just Yamamoto talking big as he always does. How would he even know? Does he even keep track of it? Aizen was a Shinigami and worked close to him for over a century and he never knew.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Spoiler show

That injury looks different from the normal type. It's broken.
    Does this topic really needed to be bumped again? You say it's proben, I say it's swollen. Pictures of different swollen or broken hands aren't gonna make your statement any more true than mine.

For all we know, SS and the past wars have confirmed that Yamamoto was trully the strongest shinigami of the last 1000 years until proven differently.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31