Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member raderack's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post
    well you cant be sure now, unhona has that healing meat bird as bankai still she is the first kenpachi. i think being swordmaster has nothing to do with bankai.
    That was her skikai..we never managed to see her bankai
    Im learning/training/ about cleaning. So if you have any tips let me known. :P

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adbanginwar View Post
    well you cant be sure now, unhona has that healing meat bird as bankai still she is the first kenpachi. i think being swordmaster has nothing to do with bankai.
    Maybe that is the reason she left the 11-th Division. Her shikai( and her bankai maybe) was not suitable for the direct-combat Division....
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If looks could kill, Unohana could kill Aizen and Bach with that stare... my God, is that epic.

Fantastic development in this chapter; we see Unohana is definitely not just the peace loving mom of the Gotei 13, we see Shunsui punking the Central 46 and acting like a bad mofo, and Ichigo and Renji gets mad props from a Zero Squad member. Dare I say, is the manga starting to surpass the SS arc? We're getting epic chapters week after week, and there's still so many big things to see (Isshin's back story, Ichigo's quincy roots, the remaining Bankais) with more being added each week (the Soul King and wtf does he want, what are the Quincies doing now, what's Urahara doing in HM, Unohana training Zaraki). Absolutely amazing. Can't wait to see what twist in Ukitake's character development we're going to see seeing as how the Senior Captains are becoming the focus SS wise.

EDIT: As far as Unohana's zanpaktou goes, the abilities were never actually explained. I'm just going to guess that the big whale thing was just one part of her shikai seeing as how she's the only Captain that hasn't said her actual shikai's release command. The healing properties could have also developed after she became 4th Squad captain in order to fit her new role better.
    Last edited by the6millionbeliman; December 12, 2012 at 05:44 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sky Render's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how the best chapters in shonen manga are always the ones in between fights.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

yachiro was a name that subconsiously came to zaraki to name his VC...now we know its the name of the first kenpachi, brilliant twist...and who better to teach him how to speak with his sword, he will be more than a monster maybe gets to zero squad after the war, zero aquad seem to have a screw lose and he fits in perfectly..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter. Thought the role would go to Unohana, but Shunsui was my second bet. Captain Commander Kyoraku. But what of the 8th division? Who's going to step in as Captain or VC? His comment about Byakuya and the rest was interesting - "we don't know if they'll come back safe", it sounds like he's wary of the Soul King's reasons for having them brought up therem which makes sense.

So I guess Kenpachi really is all that. Honestly I find that kind of... not annoying, but I am a little bored of him and his whole act of just throwing his power around. So now he gets more power and then I guess it's more of the same. Still, I'm interested to see where he goes. But is the implication that even Yamamoto feared him? Because I hate that idea. I just hope Kubo doesn't take it as far as it went in that Spirits are With You book. If Kenpachi surpasses Yama, sorry but I won't like it at all. At least we know why he's a Special War Potential now, anyway.

The most interesting thing is Unohana's reveal. So she stepped down and 10 generations of Kenpachi have come along since - she is old, maybe older than we thought. Didn't Kenpachi say Yachiru was the name of the only person he ever cared about, when he gave Pink Yachiru the name? Could he mean Unohana? I don't remember ever seeing her and Kenpachi together besides in Captains' meetings, now that I think about it. Plus back when Kenpachi was roaming the streets of Rukongai, Unohana must have already been a Captain of Seireitei. Perhaps he had a hero worship thing going on? But thus far we've never been given any hint of a connection between the two. Interesting...

Renji's actually a really tough guy. I mean, he always was, but to take a punch from Hairdo in his state was impressive. So now those two are done healing, where next? I'm guessing it's off to Hikifune's palace where she's going to feed them ridiculous amounts of food to replenish their enregy.

I was kind of expecting to see the Soul King in full this week, but I'm not surprised that we didn't, and I'm not too disappointed either since what we did get was interesting.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

too surprised. I never expected Unohana was the first Kenpachi.
    So now Shunsui is new CC, & Nanao will be the Vc of 1st Div. I wonder who will charge of Captain & VC of 8th div
    I think Shunsui will appoint his former VC, Lisa, as new captain of 8th div.
    Candidates for Captain & VC of 8th div:
    _Captain: Lisa, Hiyori, Love, Mashiro, or Hachi, or Kukaku.
    _VC: Ikkaku, Yumichika, Ganju,....

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

And that's how we won't hear about the Soul King for a year (or more).

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Good chapter, probably Zaraki will accept to train with Unohana since he got beat up so easily. I think he will be fine to try to achieve bankai so he could enjoy fights even more

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i still think its possible that "Yachiru Kusajishi" is Zarakies manifested Zanpakuto and the sword hes holding is just a old rusty sword
    --
    The Mangas i like:

One Piece; Naruto;
    Hajami no Ippo; Hunter x Hunter;
    Beelzebub; Toriko; Fairy Tail
    Bleach; Hitman Reborn; Gantz

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana is the first Zaraki? whoa......I didn't see it coming.
    Another excellent chapter, so excllent that I want to see the next one already.
    Shunsui becoming CC was predictable and I think that this is a reasonable choice.
    In regard of the rest of the chapter, it's awesome the fact that Renji and Ichigo exceeded Kirinji's expectations; now I wonder why the Rei'o is so interested in Ichigo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raderack View Post
    That was her skikai..we never managed to see her bankai
    what's a skikai?

just teasing. hehe
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! what a chapter!
    Kubo i applaud you for the epicness of this chapter today. What an amazing chapter. We find out who the next CC is which was pretty predictable but still awesome to see we find out that the zero squad hotspring can literally kill you if you have low reiatsu and i love kirinji seriously turning into one of my favorite characters. We see that nanao wont be allowed to serve under kyoraku and the biggest piece of information this week was about zaraki and unohana. I was definitely not expecting unohana to be the first 11th squad captain and i like the nice tie in with the flashback with kenpachi naming yachiru because that was the only person he ever respected, i can see why now hehe. So now questions are popping up like crazy did kenpachi know her well before or heard of her and if he did know he did he recognize her when he entered the G13...
    I wonder what palace ichigo is going with renji to next.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

well , maybe these two ( Zaraki and Unohana ) knew eachother before their death .........

If I remember correctly , Zaraki fight and clear his way from 80 level of soul society to Gotei 13 , so he should had some though behind that ....
    خداحافظ

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew captain Unohana was not to be fucked with. I knew there was a reason why everyone feared and respected her. Her secretive past must be fucking awesome. I wonder what made her change? maybe peace times? tiredness of killing? I don't know but this twist is jaw dropping.

Now the former Kenpachi is going to train the current Kenpachi. This is so sweet. Fuck 9000 Kenpachi is going to get SSJ type power up. They're going to feel his power all the way at the Royal Palace.

I declare this Bleach chapter was spectacular
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast