Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

I hated Unohana until now. Damn Tite!!! always trolling me. That title makes her sort of incredible, sure she was Kenpachi when Soul Society began.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sollum's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JackBlack21 View Post
    So Unohana's mental-looking stingray-thing Bankai is actually a creature of great killing power? I'm not going to think this one through. I'll just accept it at face value.
    Well, you know, it's just like Water.

We are made of water, we need it to survive, a life giver! Yet, it can easily kill you.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana is Yachiru.

Did anyone even think of that being a possibility?!!? Holy shit Kubo.....you truly are the king of mindfuckery.

Shunsui being Captain Commander is really cool, but most probably saw that coming. His reaction was still priceless though. I wonder how popular he is? I want a new popularity poll.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I doubt unohana was actually the kenpachi when it all began. Unohana overall seems too young to have been kenpachi back when yamamoto seemed to be a middle aged man. More so, shunsui refers to her as a senpai which I don't think would be necessary if she was that old. Senpai is as far as I know applied to your older peers, people not significantly over you. If unohana dated back to the time when yamamoto was a younger man then she would precede shunsui and ukitake by a couple thousand years as far as we know much like sasakibe did. Shunsui seems to be in the 1000 year old or so mark, I don't see how unohana can be more than 100 or 200 years older than shunsui himself even in a extreme scenario. 200 years is already more than enough difference for shunsui to be a toddler and unohana to already be a captain in which case the sempai honorific is contextually pointless. In all likelihood by the time shunsui joined the squads unohana was already something like a seated officer which would kinda justify the sempai honorific.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Unohana is Yachiru.

Did anyone even think of that being a possibility?!!? Holy shit Kubo.....you truly are the king of mindfuckery.

Shunsui being Captain Commander is really cool, but most probably saw that coming. His reaction was still priceless though. I wonder how popular he is? I want a new popularity poll.
    shunsui's popularity will likely skyrocket and then crash and burn. He will initially seem all badass and whatnot going to every conceivable extreme past any notion of pride to get every plausible required asset to win (much like juhabach said yamamoto didn't do) and then it will all crash and burn when shunsui has trouble fighting a standard stern rittern or gets his ass handed to him by juhabach.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BrunoGF's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    He was already acting like Captain Commander since Yamamoto's death. Besides that, with Unohana role reserved as the first Kenpachi and Ukitakei sick he always will be, there's no one left.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I'm getting bored and bored by the royal place. why is that shitty vice-captain of renji allowed to walk trhough that place? I hope he won't meet the king...
    Goodness! Someone has some pent up frustration and negative feelings about Renji and the soul king. But i noticed your enthusiasm about Zaraki in a later post and figure you're probably just aching to see him do something, and you're pissed that he wasn't called to the Royal Palace with the rest of them. Well, don't worry, Kenny will get to shine when he starts training with Unohana, I am sure.

As to 'shitty VC Renji,' Kubo himself has said he made Renji a character who parallels Ichigo. Both are young (Ichi for a human and Renji for a Shinigami), both have powerful reiatsu and neither one uses kido effectively (probably because more powerful reiatsu is harder to control while using kido spells and requires more practice. I am sure that even such fine kido masters as Byakuya and Urahara had a time in their lives when they blew things up on accident with powerful reiatsu while trying to attempt kido. They simply were trained to control it properly. Ichi and Renji could be trained to do the same.) Both have bankai...and broken bankais that have to be fixed. The RG has been assigned to rebuild the Gotei 13. They are not going to 'toss aside' a person who has achieved bankai, as Renji has, just as they won't throw Byakuya out, even though he was defeated. And it was explained that Byakuya, Rukia and Renji could not be fully healed in the Seireitei. They needed greater measures. So, there are many reasons why Renji was included in the trip. Take it easy. Take a few cleansing breaths and be patient.

Believe me, when we see Zaraki again, the wait will have been worth it. He and Unohana are going to make those freaking quincys squeal like babies and run for their mommies.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't understand what's the problem of tenjiru's blood and white bone treatment,why were those 2 having troubles?
    (can someone link when yachiru and kenpachi meets and mention the title of kenpachi and yachiru?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    shunsui's popularity will likely skyrocket and then crash and burn. He will initially seem all badass and whatnot going to every conceivable extreme past any notion of pride to get every plausible required asset to win (much like juhabach said yamamoto didn't do) and then it will all crash and burn when shunsui has trouble fighting a standard stern rittern or gets his ass handed to him by juhabach.
    I don't expect him to confront Bach on his own. He knows that's the man who killed his sensei one on one, so, it's not a very plausible move. The most acceptable scenario would be him and Ukitake challenging Bach together. Since Bach is above everyone else's level at this point, it would make sense, too.
    Fullbringers or even Arrancar can be of help in standing up to regular SR and I have had an odd feeling since his character's introduction that Haschwald will be the one fighting Ichigo, at least initially, as in the case of FKT arc, when he fought Gin at the time he wasn't good enough to stand a chance against Aizen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Somehow I doubt unohana was actually the kenpachi when it all began. Unohana overall seems too young to have been kenpachi back when yamamoto seemed to be a middle aged man. More so, shunsui refers to her as a senpai which I don't think would be necessary if she was that old. Senpai is as far as I know applied to your older peers, people not significantly over you. If unohana dated back to the time when yamamoto was a younger man then she would precede shunsui and ukitake by a couple thousand years as far as we know much like sasakibe did. Shunsui seems to be in the 1000 year old or so mark, I don't see how unohana can be more than 100 or 200 years older than shunsui himself even in a extreme scenario. 200 years is already more than enough difference for shunsui to be a toddler and unohana to already be a captain in which case the sempai honorific is contextually pointless. In all likelihood by the time shunsui joined the squads unohana was already something like a seated officer which would kinda justify the sempai honorific.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Typical chime in from the 'anti-Shunsui' kkck. Your assumptions are wrong. He was already the most popular captain after his fight with Starrk according to bleach wikia polling. I think your reputation of taking jabs at him will get your popularity the "crash and burn" affect. People already liked Shunsui, bud. You know just waiting for your rebuttle on being wrong again about him is a treasure. Stop touting nonsense like the WRONG opinion that Unohana wasn't the first Kenpachi all along. Even the databook has her hobby as KENDO, if that isn't a huge hint I don't know what is. Retsu means violent, just what a Kenpachi is! Your assumptions have no basis, just because her looks or age appearance isn't that much more than Juushiro or Shunsui. Hell, look at Bach! He looks slightly older than Yachiru Unohana, yet it's been a 1000 years since he last saw Yama? Manga facts trump assumptions.
    Last edited by freshseth83; December 12, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Typical chime in from the 'anti-Shunsui' kkck. Your assumptions are wrong. He was already the most popular captain after his fight with Starrk according to bleach wikia polling. I think your reputation of taking jabs at him will get your popularity the "crash and burn" affect. People already liked Shunsui, bud. You know just waiting for your rebuttle on being wrong again about him is a treasure. Stop touting nonsense like the WRONG opinion that Unohana wasn't the first Kenpachi all along. Even the databook has her hobby as KENDO, if that isn't a huge hint I don't know what is. Retsu means violent, just what a Kenpachi is! Your assumptions have no basis, just because her looks or age appearance. Hell, look at Bach! He looks slightly older than Yachiru Unohana, yet it's been a 1000 years since he last saw Yama? Manga facts trump assumptions.
    I don't think we're enlightened enough on this age matter. Bach is a Quincy and supposedly a human being, so, him being alive after 1000 years just doesn't make sense to me.
    "Time for staying outside Shatten Bereich" may have got something to do with it, I don't know.
    At any case, I would refrain from using Bach in any sort of age comparison at this point.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

ah,here it is: http://www.mangareader.net/94-568-7/...apter-114.html ,yachiru calls for unohana,but kenpachi doesn't change his mood. here he suffers for not having a name,and then revelas the "key-factor" http://www.mangareader.net/94-568-11...apter-114.html

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I still don't understand what's the problem of tenjiru's blood and white bone treatment,why were those 2 having troubles?
    (can someone link when yachiru and kenpachi meets and mention the title of kenpachi and yachiru?
    I think that Kubo wanted to make the point that a weak shinigami could not be healed in the pools. Only very powerful shinigamis can be treated that way. So, this was a way of broadcasting to readers "Hey guys, Ichigo (especially), Byakuya, Rukia and Renji are powerful to withstand this kind of cure. Not everyone can do that.' I wondered at first why Kenpachi wasn't included in that group, but I think it was because of the whole 'Unohana is the first Kenpachi' reveal. He needed to stay in Seireitei for that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar View Post
    Renji got the fodder treatment during the war but now he is godly? Come now kubo....
    Look at the panel next to the closeup of Kirinji s face on that page. Renji's hand is shaking. http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/47831044/13

S'called lying.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't think we're enlightened enough on this age matter. Bach is a Quincy and supposedly a human being, so, him being alive after 1000 years just doesn't make sense to me.
    "Time for staying outside Shatten Bereich" may have got something to do with it, I don't know.
    At any case, I would refrain from using Bach in any sort of age comparison at this point.
    Using that logic, were not sure on anyone's specific age! Which is why I brought up Bach. He's well over a 1000 years. But his appearance isn't that of Yama. Unohana might not be quincy but the same applies. Look at Hitsugaya, he's probably approaching 100, if not over that but how old does he look? You can't base skills or positions brought up in the manga by something so simple as 'looks'.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically, Kenpachi's relationship to the Gotei 13 is like a gorilla with human intelligence hanging around a bunch of martial artists and managing to outfight all of them with nothing but his animal strength and gorilla rage.

And now they're gonna teach the gorilla how use a sword.

Oh fuck.

18. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast