Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member notBowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

This panel takes on new meaning:

I wonder why now Yammamoto kept her cooped up during the invasion. Was he a)Telling the truth and keeping her back as a healer b) Respecting her wish to abstain from violence or c) Trying to prevent her from reverting to some bloodthirsty berserker type that she'd been rehabilitated from.

I vote for C, it'd make the tastiest flashback sequence!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SaitoSpike's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

based on that look i definetly wouldnt doubt that she would have been an original member of Yama's apparently murderous crew pre-G13, thats the kind of look that screams 'yep they had to put me in rehab to get me where i am/was until just now'

is it just me, or was that the scariest look we've ever seen given in Bleach, i mean Aizen had some chill factor looks he gave but this is some if you blink you die type shit lol....thats one thing i love about Kubo's art, the facial expressions can tell quite a story, still unmatched on that end

sure enough this is one of 3 people Aizen seemed slightly (even if slight) worried about, so we're 2/3 since we really got to understand why Aizen knew better than to take on Yama with his Zan, and now we know a bit about the true Unohana so now i wonder what does Kubo have in store for the biggest mystery of them all mr Urahara Kisuke....there's another guy who gives you looks that are hard to read yet seem like there's so much in them (usually followed by a goofy grin to brush it aside)
    Last edited by SaitoSpike; December 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Only one thing stirs my emotion. Aku. Soku. Zan. For the sake of my justice alone!

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daman246 View Post
    We all know kenpachi will be strong after this powerup but people please stop putting him on Aizen/Bach,Yamas lvl is totally ridiculous.
    people are literally taking the Fearing comment to a whole different lvl, there many reason as to why kenpachi was never thought the art of killing,
    1. We all know Kenpachi has no self controll and can really cause a havok in a fight regarless or his surroundings, Kenpachi is basically a Untrained Dog with no sense. so why someone train someone like that if its not really necessary.
    2. Once Kenpachi is fighting he forgets everything that is happening outside, Is like the fight is surrounded by empty space for him, If kenpachi were to have Yamas Bankai, he would have used it without a 2nd though on how many people would die.
    3. Unlike Kenpachi, Shunsui and Unohana have self controll.
    You may not like it and you may not approve of it, but this chapter officially confirmed Kenpachi's potential to be top tier. He only seems weak because he had no interest in learning how to properly wield his tremendous power. His brief usage of the most basic form of Kendo is proof enough that should he even begin to only use a slight bit more control and refinement, he can double his power. So if he ever learns how to take full control of his spiritual energy, he'll become a beast. And if he ever learns how to communicate with his zanpakuto spirit, then forget it. Only a transcendent force like Ichigo would top him.

It shouldn't come as any surprise to those who know of the "spirits are forever with you" novels. Because regardless of how canon they are (or aren't), Kubo officially acknowledged the author as sharing the same vision he had of Kenpachi's hax strength. That's to say, he approved of Kenpachi's potential to defeat an enemy that only the royal guard was able to take into captivity, to overcome hax abilities through dominate spiritual energy alone, and to endure hundreds of simultaneous 90's level kido spells with ease. Kubo seems to really love this character. So this recent turn of events has came as no surprise to me. Kubo wants Zaraki to become one of the most powerful characters in this manga.
    Last edited by xmacex; December 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nafycuk's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Simply amazing chapter. I was fascinated with the last page.

Do you see that? Not "admired", but "ever cared"!!
    Maybe Unohana is his love?~ Ex-wife? Something like that?
    Want to check the original japanese text though.

But, neverthless, this chapter was simply great.
    From Japan with Facepalm

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    I don't expect him to confront Bach on his own. He knows that's the man who killed his sensei one on one, so, it's not a very plausible move. The most acceptable scenario would be him and Ukitake challenging Bach together. Since Bach is above everyone else's level at this point, it would make sense, too.
    Fullbringers or even Arrancar can be of help in standing up to regular SR and I have had an odd feeling since his character's introduction that Haschwald will be the one fighting Ichigo, at least initially, as in the case of FKT arc, when he fought Gin at the time he wasn't good enough to stand a chance against Aizen.
    I guess it depends on how he decides to handle the situation and how he chooses to fulfill his duties as captain commander. Technically speaking it would be in fact shunsui's duty to take on juhabach while the rest of the captains fight other people. The situation is complicated. If shunsui as captain commander is having trouble fighting a lone stern rittern then juhabach is basically free to finish off the rest of the shinigami. If shunsui tries to live up to his title of captain commander and tries to face juhabach alone then he is screwed. Either way, the numbers are against SS in general. I guess it depends on how the final battle plays out in that regard. If in the end they do manage an united front against the stern rittern involving every plausible ally they could gather then they would indeed be able to actually take on the stern rittern and then gang up on juhabach.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nafycuk's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Found the original japanese spelling: 俺が唯一人こうありたいと願う人の名だ
    Which I would personally translate as "The name of only person I would like to be like".
    Eh, so no love affair betwen Zaraki and Unohana, I guess

Last edited by Nafycuk; December 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
    From Japan with Facepalm

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Typical chime in from the 'anti-Shunsui' kkck. Your assumptions are wrong. He was already the most popular captain after his fight with Starrk according to bleach wikia polling. I think your reputation of taking jabs at him will get your popularity the "crash and burn" affect. People already liked Shunsui, bud. You know just waiting for your rebuttle on being wrong again about him is a treasure. Stop touting nonsense like the WRONG opinion that Unohana wasn't the first Kenpachi all along. Even the databook has her hobby as KENDO, if that isn't a huge hint I don't know what is. Retsu means violent, just what a Kenpachi is! Your assumptions have no basis, just because her looks or age appearance isn't that much more than Juushiro or Shunsui. Hell, look at Bach! He looks slightly older than Yachiru Unohana, yet it's been a 1000 years since he last saw Yama? Manga facts trump assumptions.
    When I said "when it all began" I meant something more along the lines the actual start of the squads(I guess I could have been a tad more clear on that part). Sasakibe alone seems to have been well over 2000 years old and genryusai at the time was already a well known and powerful warrior with a middle aged appearance. The manga doesn't say there has been a kenpachi since the day the squads started, for all we know the tradition some 1000 years ago or so and through that millennium the kenpachi have been recklessly killing each other hence how they got to the 11th one. And even then, I never suggested that what I said was a fact, it was just a thought, there is no need to be rude or insult me.

And what does shunsui already being a popular character have to do with anything? I am well aware of the fact and if anything I am a fan too (I admit I don't think he is nearly as powerful as most people make him out to be though). Still, shunsui went through a big change just now. He is no longer the badass, carefree captain who goes to any length to win a fight. Now he is the captain commander which means he has to fulfill expectations to the readers and to other manga characters and the shoes he have to live up to as captain commander are quite big (yamamoto dwarfed shunsui in terms of power and was himself pretty popular as far as I recall). Shunsui is in a position where he is definitely not a match for juhabach, he does not have more power than the rest of the captains combined and by extension the capacity to simply beat the shit out of a captain for talking out of line. Can you imagine shunsui beating up byakuya and kenpachi for not taking care of their haori? Even if shunsui does not actually care about the haoris it wouldn't change that a captains reaction to being beaten up by shunsui is unlikely to be quite the same as a captain's reaction to being beaten up by genryusai. Genryusai was described by kubo himself as an unshakeable foundation of the squads at some point which by all intents and purposes means the 13 squads just lost their very foundation. Not even losing 6 captains 112 years ago thanks to aizen represented the sheer amount of change the squads are about to go through and all of it will be on shunsui's shoulders which may or may not work out for him in terms of popularity and in terms of how other characters see him.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobeulp View Post
    Unohona + Zeraki combo = EPIC!!!... Even if I know that Unohana is an epic character I don't even imagine him to be the first Kenpachi I guess Unohana is quite an epic fighter I want to know her past to know why does she needs to learn to heal etc... Bleach is really top quality this past few months I dunno why but it is the opposite of how Naruto is doing that it is declining quickly ^^ while Bleach is getting better and better ^^

I can tell you exactly why Naruto is falling behind bleach. It's because of this stupid shinobi world war arc. After the two year time skip, Kishimoto tried to make the series about a catch phrase, now the problems with that are finally catching up with him, and, more importantly, the readers, and the current anime episodes aren't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    When I said "when it all began" I meant something more along the lines the actual start of the squads(I guess I could have been a tad more clear on that part). Sasakibe alone seems to have been well over 2000 years old and genryusai at the time was already a well known and powerful warrior with a middle aged appearance. The manga doesn't say there has been a kenpachi since the day the squads started, for all we know the tradition some 1000 years ago or so and through that millennium the kenpachi have been recklessly killing each other hence how they got to the 11th one. And even then, I never suggested that what I said was a fact, it was just a thought, there is no need to be rude or insult me.

And what does shunsui already being a popular character have to do with anything? I am well aware of the fact and if anything I am a fan too (I admit I don't think he is nearly as powerful as most people make him out to be though). Still, shunsui went through a big change just now. He is no longer the badass, carefree captain who goes to any length to win a fight. Now he is the captain commander which means he has to fulfill expectations to the readers and to other manga characters and the shoes he have to live up to as captain commander are quite big (yamamoto dwarfed shunsui in terms of power and was himself pretty popular as far as I recall). Shunsui is in a position where he is definitely not a match for juhabach, he does not have more power than the rest of the captains combined and by extension the capacity to simply beat the shit out of a captain for talking out of line. Can you imagine shunsui beating up byakuya and kenpachi for not taking care of their haori? Even if shunsui does not actually care about the haoris it wouldn't change that a captains reaction to being beaten up by shunsui is unlikely to be quite the same as a captain's reaction to being beaten up by genryusai. Genryusai was described by kubo himself as an unshakeable foundation of the squads at some point which by all intents and purposes means the 13 squads just lost their very foundation. Not even losing 6 captains 112 years ago thanks to aizen represented the sheer amount of change the squads are about to go through and all of it will be on shunsui's shoulders which may or may not work out for him in terms of popularity and in terms of how other characters see him.
    Would it not make more sense for Zaraki Kenpachi to fight Juha Bach after the training? At the same time it is almost a given that Ichigo will be fighting Haschwald.
    Last edited by shane1594; December 14, 2012 at 01:16 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Curtarc's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, who knew Unohana was this strong...But I have to agree with one thing, after the preposterous Fullbringer arc, Bleach has been getting better and better.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the plan is to make Kenpachi as strong as God tier here. I cannot foresee this at this point. But if he could learn a couple of more tricks, his monstrous power without Bankai may be too much for other SR, so, he may be put against them in the most likely case.
    The reason he wasn't continued to be trained was his attitude. He is a being that enjoys killing and shows little interest in anything else. Who would want to give a power up to such a person?
    On the other hand, I'll be very disappointed if he can go from not being able to do a thing against Royd to standing up to Bach in such a short amount of time.

I wonder about the second assault pairings, though. Will everyone come to face their first round opponents again? I don't know, but it'd seem plausible and within the context of a plan.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the plan is to make Kenpachi as strong as God tier here. I cannot foresee this at this point. But if he could learn a couple of more tricks, his monstrous power without Bankai may be too much for other SR, so, he may be put against them in the most likely case.
    The reason he wasn't continued to be trained was his attitude. He is a being that enjoys killing and shows little interest in anything else. Who would want to give a power up to such a person?
    On the other hand, I'll be very disappointed if he can go from not being able to do a thing against Royd to standing up to Bach in such a short amount of time.

I wonder about the second assault pairings, though. Will everyone come to face their first round opponents again? I don't know, but it'd seem plausible and within the context of a plan.
    I think that the reason he discontinued his training is because there wasn't anyone that he could fight and last very long. He enjoys a long fight, so he literally make himself weaker for that. So after his first official lost, he should have a more positive attitude. He now knows that there are worthy opponent and he need to get much stronger to be able to enjoy a long fight against such enemies.

I believe that the match-ups in the second round will swap a bit. Byakuya would want his revenge on As nodt so it'll be the same for him. But shinigami captains and their allies this time will try their best to get an advantageous match-up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I'm getting bored and bored by the royal place. why is that shitty vice-captain of renji allowed to walk trhough that place? I hope he won't meet the king...
    another unsatisfied, constant complaints and endless rant.
    The royal realm has only been 3 chapters so far, go enjoy the endless fights in Naruto or somewhere that interest you a whole lot better then.

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Unohana is Yachiru.
    Did anyone even think of that being a possibility?!!? Holy shit Kubo.....you truly are the king of mindfuckery.
    Unohana....is Kusajishi? wait....that couldn't be possible, they're two different people...

Why would you be? Zaraki was practically useless against Royd as Juha and it would be completely stupid if Zaraki learns the art of killing then not at least being able to stand up to Juha. He's going to be on the same tier as Unohana, Kyouraku and Ukitake by what it sounds like (since I don't want to be too quick to say stronger than them.)

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hollowdemon View Post
    Unohana....is Kusajishi? wait....that couldn't be possible, they're two different people...
    Exacta is saying that Unohana Yachiru is the person Kusajishi Yachiru is named after.

And yeah, I was completely blindsided by that one.
    This page makes a lot more sense now: http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/99970223/20

"Retsu"
    Last edited by Exodi; December 13, 2012 at 02:15 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Unohana is Yachiru.
    If this was aimed at me and the german fellow then no that was not what we were saying, we were saying that Kens VC could be a manifistation of his Zanpaktou/Bankai. Unohana was not part of the equation. If not then ignore this post.
    Meh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I would assume this as much: That Unohana was once more powerful than Yamamoto until he realized his full potential. Maybe that was the time when Yamamoto and his original gang called her "Kenpachi".

Now for Zaraki being able to surpass Yamamoto, why not? It is up to Kubo to make this into a reality or not.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

New Reply
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast