Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: What was the coolest part of the chapter?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mr. Badass Death God/Pirate Shunsui becoming Captain Commander

24 12.24%
  • Unohana turning out to have been the "First Kenpachi"

159 81.12%
  • Ichigo footplanting Glasses-kun

4 2.04%
  • Renji showing his badass level by resisting Mr. Toothpick's punch

9 4.59%
New Reply
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 520 Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member notBowen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 520 Discussion / 521 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    By the way, do we exactly know Kaien didn't have a Bankai or is it just an assumption, I don't remember it well.
    I don't know if it was explicit but in Renji's conversation with Ikkaku he labeled Ikkaku as being the only VC with a bankai and one presumes that if Kaien had achieved bankai Aaroniero would have utilized it.

Also during Turn Back the Pendulum Kaien wasn't even yet a VC so it's doubtful he would have achieved bankai in such a short timespan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    heh well than in that case i called it back when Kubo released his repeat and reboot...i mean unless you ACTUALLY called her being the first kenpachi....i'm pretty sure its been discussed quite a bit previously about how scary she was and what that meant.....and her wielding the only Nodachi type Zan in the G13 (massive longsword) etc..... :P

not to rain on your parade tho

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

man i've been trying to say that its been pointed out to us by Kubo himself for a while now...so now i'll jus have to quote him....he literally told us that its not her true form

"Q: Unohana will finally fight?

Kubo: In the next arc, I’ve decided that Unohana will enter the battlefield. Her zanpakuto’s true form will also be revealed. I can also add that when Unohana fights, she unravels her large braid."

ultimately back then this prompted me to do some research on her Zan and this is what i got

"Nodachi (野太刀 (のだち); meaning "field sword"): The nodachi was more difficult to wield due to its size and weight. The length of the nodachi's hilt varied between twelve to thirteen inches (30 to 33 centimeters). Its cutting capability and range exceeds that of a katana, due to its weight and size."

so none of this points to a healer.....and never did

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

i'm not lookin for a trophy or anything lol, jus helpin out, Kubo gives us hints left and right about some things and when they happen people are always so shocked or angry or scream TROLL.....lol although he does seem to mess with us alot because he often chooses not to elaborate on many of the ones that seem like hints

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

apparently Lisa Yadomaru (Vaizards) is the only other person who wields a Nodachi based Zan.....and she's pretty aggressive and manly in her ways too so i guess the Unohana we saw was never who she was from the start

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

oh and in case anyone's interested

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Zanpakut%C5%8D
    I pointed out that the revealing of something major was going to revolve around Shunsui and Unohana. I said years ago she was more than a healer. As early as ss arc i knew this in part because her long sword and her catching Aizen in the act before he left SS. Also said to watch both their characters because the foreshadowing was there. Hitsugaya also has a long sword btw.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kubo
    Kubo: In the next arc, I’ve decided that Unohana will enter the battlefield. Her zanpakuto’s true form will also be revealed. I can also add that when Unohana fights, she unravels her large braid."
    So,by saying her Zanpakutou's true form,I reckon Minazuki isn't really her Shikai then ?...Or maybe,Minazuki is her Shikai,only a modified version,and when it returns to it's true form it will pawn ass.lol

I don't remember in which chapter,Bach was talking about how bloodthirsty was the CC and his companions before forming the Gotei 13,and it showed a panel with Yama-jii surrounded by his fellow buddies,all looking like they were going to kill everyone,and I remember a woman being in that panel,and many of us speculated on her being Unohana,since her hair was unraveled...

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken
    By looking at the respective periods, it is plausible indeed. Byakuya became a captain around 49 years ago and Renji wasn't even a VC at that point. He had just recently joined the Gotei 13, I guess, like Rukia or even later than her, since Rukia's graduation was setup by the Kuchiki family. He achieved the Bankai in less than 50 years, without being a genius.
    This just goes to show,that with enough motivation and ambition,everything is possible.Renji had set an impossible goal in his life,that of overcoming Kuchiki Byakuya,and hence he trained beyond his limits and tried his very best and achieved Bankai,despite being a common Shinigami...and yeah,he wasn't a genius.I guess if you have proper motivation and not a genius,you can become very strong...yet,if you have proper motivation and are a genius(Hitsu),you can become really,really strong...that's why I have great expectations for Hitsugay(a).He has motivation (Momo) and he is a genius....so I expect great things from him...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BaddAzzKenpachi74 View Post
    Anyone else wondering who will fill Shunsui's now vacant spot?

My guess is either

1.Love

or

2.Renji

Now before you guys start asking "why isn't ikkaku,Urahara,or Yourichi listed", the reason is that those 3 are less likely to even accept a Captains position back.

With Love there simply was no opening left after the return of his fellow Vizards Shinji,Rose,and Kensei to the ranks of the gotei 13 so its likely that he may want to join back up should a spot become open. After all his best friend Rose has returned to being a Captain and i'm sure that Rose could persuade him to rejoin if for some reason Love did not want to, after all, this is a emergency.

And as for Renji, the reason for him is more simple, Its a emergency and I believe he has indeed gotten a lot stronger over this time, just not strong enough to be able to beat any of the current Captains.
    Love is the most likely candidate to me, but I could see Renji filling that position. He is probably about to go through the best training session a normal shinigami could hope for. I agree with you that Yoruichi and Urahara are unlikely to accept the position of Captain again, especially considering how incompetent the ruling body of Soul Society is. Those two are much more effective operating behind the scenes instead of in the spotlight walking around with white robes while being hindered by Central 46 ridiculous rules or concerns. I bet that as a conditoin for rejoining the Gotei 13 Rose, Kensei, and Shinji were ordered not to use their masks anymore by them.

I was hoping that Hisagi had grown powerful enough to be promoted if a position opened up but he seems to progress in power at the rate of an average Shinigami. However the fight he had with Driscoll might be deceiving, he probably did attain Bankai during the timeskip and just did not use it because he had heard about the Captains Bankai being stolen. Also he may have been struggling in Shikai form but so was every Captain except for the Commander of course.
    The price of arrogance.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SaitoSpike View Post
    heh well than in that case i called it back when Kubo released his repeat and reboot...i mean unless you ACTUALLY called her being the first kenpachi....i'm pretty sure its been discussed quite a bit previously about how scary she was and what that meant.....and her wielding the only Nodachi type Zan in the G13 (massive longsword) etc..... :P

not to rain on your parade tho

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

man i've been trying to say that its been pointed out to us by Kubo himself for a while now...so now i'll jus have to quote him....he literally told us that its not her true form

"Q: Unohana will finally fight?

ultimately back then this prompted me to do some research on her Zan and this is what i got

"Nodachi (野太刀 (のだち); meaning "field sword"): The nodachi was more difficult to wield due to its size and weight. The length of the nodachi's hilt varied between twelve to thirteen inches (30 to 33 centimeters). Its cutting capability and range exceeds that of a katana, due to its weight and size."

so none of this points to a healer.....and never did

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

i'm not lookin for a trophy or anything lol, jus helpin out, Kubo gives us hints left and right about some things and when they happen people are always so shocked or angry or scream TROLL.....lol although he does seem to mess with us alot because he often chooses not to elaborate on many of the ones that seem like hints

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

apparently Lisa Yadomaru (Vaizards) is the only other person who wields a Nodachi based Zan.....and she's pretty aggressive and manly in her ways too so i guess the Unohana we saw was never who she was from the start

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

oh and in case anyone's interested

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Zanpakut%C5%8D
    I pointed out that the revealing of something major was going to revolve around Shunsui and Unohana. I said years ago she was more than a healer. As early as ss arc i knew this in part because her long sword and her catching Aizen in the act before he left SS. Also said to watch both their characters because the foreshadowing was there. Hitsugaya also has a long sword btw.
    Actually, the type of sword that Retsu uses is a Tachi, not a Nodachi, which can, at times, extend to well over two metres long.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else wondering who will fill Shunsui's now vacant spot?

My guess is either

1.Love

or

2.Renji

Now before you guys start asking "why isn't ikkaku,Urahara,or Yourichi listed", the reason is that those 3 are less likely to even accept a Captains position back.

With Love there simply was no opening left after the return of his fellow Vizards Shinji,Rose,and Kensei to the ranks of the gotei 13 so its likely that he may want to join back up should a spot become open. After all his best friend Rose has returned to being a Captain and i'm sure that Rose could persuade him to rejoin if for some reason Love did not want to, after all, this is a emergency.

And as for Renji, the reason for him is more simple, Its a emergency and I believe he has indeed gotten a lot stronger over this time, just not strong enough to be able to beat any of the current Captains.
    Out of the two I would bet on Love. Like Hakuteiken said I can't see Renji leaving Byakuya's side. He seems more like Ikkaku in that respect. Fight and die under his captains command. If it is Love though I'm hoping Lisa comes back as his VC. Figure she's already been a part of the 8th squad. What would be bad ass though is if Lisa achieved bankai at some point and can become captain of the 8th.

P.S. if i was Shunsui and was going to pick two vice captains I would went with Nanao and Lisa instead of Okikiba. hehehehe

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    What do you think that sword on her back is? She's also the leader of one of the five noble houses. It would be weird if they are the only ones odd out. Let me dream. :'(
    That could be a sword just like the one Ganju have, if that was a Zanpakuto, don't you think he'd have used it in SS arc vs Yumichika for example ? And let's suppose it is some almighty Zanpakuto that is extremely dangerous, why not use it against Byakuya in the Shishinro, but he didn't

I'm not disregarding the possibility actually, she's a noble, she used Raikoho already which suggests that she is well versed in Kido, but so far I haven't see a clue pointing to that sword being her Zanpakuto

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hollowdemon's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    That could be a sword just like the one Ganju have, if that was a Zanpakuto, don't you think he'd have used it in SS arc vs Yumichika for example ? And let's suppose it is some almighty Zanpakuto that is extremely dangerous, why not use it against Byakuya in the Shishinro, but he didn't

I'm not disregarding the possibility actually, she's a noble, she used Raikoho already which suggests that she is well versed in Kido, but so far I haven't see a clue pointing to that sword being her Zanpakuto
    I'm not dismissing the fact that it could be a zanpaktou because several people haven't unveiled their true power yet, whether it is shikai or bankai. Bankai's go from Urahara, Kyouraku, Shunsui, Unohana. Shikai's for Isshin, Unohana's true shikai is probably still hidden, Yoruichi. Don't count it out, it might wear her out too quickly maybe that's why she didn't want to use it yet.

*The sad story behind the smile of the mask....*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shnugin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only who's not a Renji fan? I mean, I liked the guy during the SS Arc but after that it just went blah and boring for me.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bajan4eva1 View Post
    Out of the two I would bet on Love. Like Hakuteiken said I can't see Renji leaving Byakuya's side. He seems more like Ikkaku in that respect. Fight and die under his captains command.
    I think he might want to become a captain, because his goal is to surpass Byakuya after all

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    I think he might want to become a captain, because his goal is to surpass Byakuya after all
    True, but not when Byakuya is in this state, I think.
    Not to mention the bond between the two has seemingly strengthened over the time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Yeah good point. Becoming a captain would be the next step, or at least one of the steps, in surpassing Byakuya. I just can't see him leaving him for a while. At least not until he thinks he's learned all he can from him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Especially when Love is a strong candidate with captaincy experience, he'll most likely not be offered the position, too.

uhhh, care to explain why?

Its just that, I'm not getting why he would not be offered the position.

The only reason he could not return in the first place was because the 3 vacant spots where filled by his fellow Vizards.

Also his best friend Rose rejoined, I see no reason why he would not be offered or want to rejoin them given the emergency at hand.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Please try not to get distracted from the topic.
    Especially refrain from having debates about something not really related to the manga to begin with.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna hold on to my irrational hope that Hitsugaya would face off against Zanka no Tachi.

Yes, yes, I know ZnT is with Bach and Ichigo will face Bach...but somehow, I want Hyorinmaru vs ZnT.

uhhh, care to explain why?

Its just that, I'm not getting why he would not be offered the position.

The only reason he could not return in the first place was because the 3 vacant spots where filled by his fellow Vizards.

Also his best friend Rose rejoined, I see no reason why he would not be offered or want to rejoin them given the emergency at hand.
    I agree.

If you're gonna replace Shunsui at a time of war like this one, ideally, you'd replace him with a captain of equal calibre or at least someone who's the closest to Shunsui of all the candidates.

Love fits the bill (he's more capable than Renji) and if you take Urahara out of the list.

New Reply
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast