Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.72%
  • 2] Average

4 3.45%
  • 3] Good

20 17.24%
  • 4] Great

58 50.00%
  • 5] Epic

32 27.59%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece 692 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 692 Discussion / 693 Prediction

I doubt that Baby 5 and Buffalo will be defeated this arc.
    Franky is strong, but he shouldn't be strong enough to handle two of Joker's subordinates at once. However both also shouldn't be able to beat the rest of the Starwhats and their allies that will arrive there soon. So I can see two possible scenarios:

1. The Strawhats and Law capture CC and move on with Laws plan to defeat a Yonkou. Baby 5 and Buffalo (perhaps with Vergo and Monet?) will chase after them to get Caesar back.

2. Baby 5 and Buffalo rescue Caesar. The Strawhats and Law will chase after them, possibly to Dressrosa.

I would like the first scenario more. I think we had enough of chasing Caesar.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Gorgias's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine Franky being defeated after being out of the focus that long. Otherwise it seems unlikely that DoFla's underlings will go down. Will there even be a fight? - As far as I remember, the last information Franky has about the plan, thar Ceasar should be kidnaped. A clash of interests seems inevitable; and a battle between B5 and Franky would be suitable.

My prediction: Fight starts. But B5 and Buffalo will flee after the arrival of Law, Luffy and Smoker. Before, some interaction will happen: maybe an exchange of information or a highly political statement of Luffy to DoFla (like on FMI).

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky doesn't need to deal with them. He just needs one good shot to make them fall.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member molecularpepsi's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McNuss View Post
    I doubt that Baby 5 and Buffalo will be defeated this arc.
    Franky is strong, but he shouldn't be strong enough to handle two of Joker's subordinates at once. However both also shouldn't be able to beat the rest of the Starwhats and their allies that will arrive there soon. So I can see two possible scenarios:

1. The Strawhats and Law capture CC and move on with Laws plan to defeat a Yonkou. Baby 5 and Buffalo (perhaps with Vergo and Monet?) will chase after them to get Caesar back.

2. Baby 5 and Buffalo rescue Caesar. The Strawhats and Law will chase after them, possibly to Dressrosa.

I would like the first scenario more. I think we had enough of chasing Caesar.
    i agree, but mostly because i doubt that Joker would send two weaklings to backup Vego, CC and Monet. Buffalo is huge! i mean his face seems to be bigger than Baby5's entire body! i have a feeling he's must be a beast.

i think your 2nd scenario is more likely to happen, that way the Law-SH alliance will be forced to face Joker earlier than expected.
    one word describes BB the best: opportunistic
    my favorite character of the series!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda drew a ministory about the mermaid in the Dupont's lighter and pen kit. Here a pic of the story.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Yeah, "Jack" is among the more exotic names I heard of. Don't know where else Oda could have picked up the name "Jack".

As far as I recall, the name Jack appeared 2 times in One Piece. "Giant Jack" in Skypiea was one and the chapter "Jack in the Box" was two.
    http://www.thewayofthepirates.com/fa...ck-rackham.php

Quote Originally Posted by hossice View Post
    So, I don't know if this was discussed but Kinemon got hit by the gas and turned....and Brook rescued him.....but how did Brook not get affected? -_-
    "Oh no, the gas is clinging to my skin... wait, I have no skin!"

Anyone else here thinks Usopp will end up accidentally eating a devil fruit while in Punk Hazard?

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Those people are rare exceptions at best. Most of the people in One Piece can't produce hurricanes, aren't robots and don't have weather controling gadgets. Not every island has Dragon protecting it, or Buffalo, or Franky, or Nami.

I don't know how many ducks/sleds would it take to save everyone from Alabasta/Drum if it were attacked by Shinokuni. Besides, it's designed as a surprise attack weapon. Nobody beside those people who watched transmision knows about it. And those are not the kind of people who are concerned with well being of the innocents, otherwise they wouldn't deal with a guy like CC.
    i just pointed out how the strawhats could've handled shinokuni, they don't necessarily have to run. it would've been more awesome if it's stronger bird flu or the one from mission impossible type of virus kind of weapon.

let me put it this way, if im part of that underground community id make tons of money selling protective gears.
    Last edited by kulugo; December 14, 2012 at 04:34 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulugo View Post
    i just pointed out how the strawhats could've handled shinokuni, they don't necessarily have to run. it would've been more awesome if it's stronger bird flu or the one from mission impossible type of virus kind of weapon.
    I know. There are at least 3 or 4 people among SH who could blow the gas away at least partly. Nami with her Weatheria techs, Franky with hid Coup and Luffy with his Gear 3 (filling himself up than blowing air at it). Zoro could maybe even do something with his swords. It's good that the weapon has vulnerability of some kind.

But on the other side, I do agree that it's a shitty weapon if it doesn't kill people as soon as they are covered. Which seems likely because I don't think Kinemon just died like that.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be real funny if Doflamingo does capture Caesar only to find out Luffy put him in a coma.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber34 View Post
    It's going to be real funny if Doflamingo does capture Caesar only to find out Luffy put him in a coma.
    Lol, amnesia

I don't think he's gonna get back. Franky should really be enough at least to stall them and rest of the guys are on the way anyway.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be a good occasion to see what Franky's robot can do, I was disappointed a bit by it at FI (especially the weapons part), I hope it still have some cool and awesome weapons there (can't believe that Franky could only come up with just that while he was in VP's lab)

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    Anyone else here thinks Usopp will end up accidentally eating a devil fruit while in Punk Hazard?
    If I were Ussop, or Robin or Nami, I would be worried about Luffy and the smiles, given his intelligence and his appetite.

I don't think he's gonna get back. Franky should really be enough at least to stall them and rest of the guys are on the way anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    It would be a good occasion to see what Franky's robot can do, I was disappointed a bit by it at FI (especially the weapons part), I hope it still have some cool and awesome weapons there (can't believe that Franky could only come up with just that while he was in VP's lab)
    Yeah, It was as watching a flamboyant amazing spacial ship that barely took off the floor. Kind of disappointment there. According to wikia Oda would like to make a mecha manga. Let's wait this time the machine works.

Said that, I really think that Franky is not going to succeed against Baby 5 or/and Buffalo. Or to say it better: that Buffalo and Baby will succeed in rescuing Caesar. Because it would be a good connection between this arc and Dress Rosa arc. Tho, the other possible scenario would be Doflamingo and his crew trying to hunt Luffy and Law, to rescue Caesar.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner garcon's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi people, didn't post for a long time (didn't have much to say)

I won't really comment on the chapter, all has been said.

Just a quick reaction about "Jack", some of you think it might be a reference to Jack Sparrow but with other reference much more historical like "moby dick" or "black beard" we can also think about Jack Rackham (know as "calico jack" and who already inspired Hergé for "rackham the red") .

http://www.famtic.com/Person/191/Calico-Jack-Rackham

to sum up: he was pretty much a loser but got famous thanks to two ladies member of his crew :

-Anne Bonny http://www.famtic.com/Person/187/Anne-Bonny#scroll ( yeah "Bonny" is pretty much pronounced like "Boney" as in Jewelry Boney, come on, make a crazzy theory, you know you want to)

and

-Mary Read http://www.famtic.com/Person/190/Mary-Read#scroll

so just a thought I wanted to share

(also I like the card theory "Jack" "Joker" and shit)

anyway have a good day

edit : mmh... maybe I should have read all the pages of this thread, Morlun already mention Jack Rackham, sorry
    Last edited by garcon; December 14, 2012 at 08:56 AM.
    because a little ad doesn't hurt, if you like comics :

http://www.watchcomics.com/?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/pages/WATCH...ref=ts&fref=ts
    (only in french for now, sorry)

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tobi Uchiha's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post

yeah i do! i was actually hoping that he might get the sara sara no mi, that was reborn into an apple when smiley died. I think that the axolotl-zoan could be pretty interesting, due to the fact that in real life the axolotl itself is awesome
    ( quote wikipedia: the axolotl does not heal by scarring and is capable of the regeneration of entire lost appendages in a period of months. Some have indeed been found restoring the less vital parts of their brains)

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

well it would be cool if Usopp's slingshot would eat a DF.. it already has a teeth..

25. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast