Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1] Awful/Boring

2 1.72%
  • 2] Average

4 3.45%
  • 3] Good

20 17.24%
  • 4] Great

58 50.00%
  • 5] Epic

32 27.59%
  • 6] Top Ten in One Piece

0 0%
New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 692 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 692 Discussion / 693 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It probably dissipates after some time, like any gas. Designing it to be permanent would make no sense. It can be hours or days but it's probably going to clear out on it's own if not affected by someone before that.
    Well it took like two years for most of the gas at PH to naturally dissipate after CC's gas bomb went off and that was when Aokiji and Akainu fought there. And on top of that CC was saying that he and Smiley would meet again and that after it transformed into Shinokuni that it came to life. So i don't think its just a random mass of gas that functions naturally. For all we know after its done CC can turn it back into Smiley and repeat the process.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Weapons of mass destruction don't have to be used, just possesing them makes you more powerful, as they can be used as a way of deterrence. So it doesn't really matter if the gas turns a place uninhabitable.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Well it took like two years for most of the gas at PH to naturally dissipate after CC's gas bomb went off and that was when Aokiji and Akainu fought there. And on top of that CC was saying that he and Smiley would meet again and that after it transformed into Shinokuni that it came to life. So i don't think its just a random mass of gas that functions naturally. For all we know after its done CC can turn it back into Smiley and repeat the process.
    I thought this was clear already no ? Isn't Smiley a combination of the gas and the DF (certainly a " Smile "), thanks to CC's powers and scientific knowledge, so I think that the plan is that : Gas ---> turns back to Smiley ---> Transform into gas again ----> turns back to Smiley

Well we didn't get to see that process since Luffy and Law spoiled the experimentation that CC was conducting, but I don't see the point of a gas like weapon that would take years to dissipate, it would be a bit ridiculous IMO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

And on top of that CC was saying that he and Smiley would meet again and that after it transformed into Shinokuni that it came to life.
    I took it as just another one of the lies he tells his subordinates.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    I took it as just another one of the lies he tells his subordinates.
    Except he wasn't talking to his subordinates when he said, only Vergo, Monet, Luffy, Smoker, Tashigi, Law, Franky, Robin were present back then, and considering that Smiley was nothing more than the gas of the precedent experimentation + DF power...

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

It's clear that amongst the brokers there are revolutionaries,such as iva. They should be reeally interested in getting in league with the underground to destabilize the WG in the new world. And they will help Rufy against joker,as it's clear (according to the Jack issue and to the other broker) that most of the bystanders will support doflamingo,therefore rufy and law have to be helped,not to have their ass kicked...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

But that toxic gas was result of an experiment gone wrong, it wasn't a manufactured weapon yet. Thanks to those results, CC managed to make an actual usable weapon. And it took him 4 years to complete it, supposedly. Besides, what's the use of toxic weapon made for conquering if it renders an island uninhabitable for years? It would make more sense if CC created a weapon that spreads fast, kills fast and goes away fast.

But that's just my view.
    Last edited by Razh; December 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Except he wasn't talking to his subordinates when he said, only Vergo, Monet, Luffy, Smoker, Tashigi, Law, Franky, Robin were present back then, and considering that Smiley was nothing more than the gas of the precedent experimentation + DF power...
    Hmm... have to re-read then.

As for Luffy and Law getting their asses kicked... not gonna happen. Okay, Law, probably gonna happen. Not Luffy.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I hoped this arc of ph would last long,but now I hope it ends soon,as it's clear that the main fights won't take place here,and that we have to move throughout the new world to involve other characters such as the brokers. now,I predict that they are gonna go towards the g5,where they will find coribo (I hope the commodore has already killed him,though)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I hoped this arc of ph would last long,but now I hope it ends soon,as it's clear that the main fights won't take place here,and that we have to move throughout the new world to involve other characters such as the brokers. now,I predict that they are gonna go towards the g5,where they will find coribo (I hope the commodore has already killed him,though)
    You don't like PH arc but you would like it if SH, after all that happened with Big Mom, Law and Doflamingo, went to G5 to find some shitty Coribo dead?
    I'm confused.

I'd like it if Luffy decided to go straight to Big Mom and send her flying. Of course, they shouldn't go straight to her right away. After the situation with CC resolved we still have marines, children and Kinemon. My guess is, aftrer saving the children, Smoker will take them to G5 and return them to their homes. If WG doesn't intervene. I don't think they will allow the world to find out about CC's experiments and Vergo's cover up. Thinking about it now, I think it would be better if the kids didn't go with Smoker. Either way, Smoker's probably gonna get promoted.

Kinemon and his son is hard to predict at this point. Maybe they will go home or join with SH for a while. I don't see any of them as a real new member.

As for Law's crew, I think they are waiting for him somewhere.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are being setup for a reverse-Robin arc. Either:

a) Doflamingo's people get CC and the Strawhats go after him to Dressrosa and destroy the place; in this scenario, CC is a reverse-Robin.

b) or the Strawhats get CC (or even Baby 5, since we know Doflamingo destroys entire islands to kill her suitors) and the Doflamingo pirates go after them; in this scenario, the Strawhats are the reverse-Ennies Lobby.

Still, I think Doflamingo being defeated so soon would be a waste. Oda built him up so well, I thought he'd be one of the final villains. But hey, they all fall down, so by all means, take him out now.

Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    I think we are being setup for a reverse-Robin arc. Either:

a) Doflamingo's people get CC and the Strawhats go after him to Dressrosa and destroy the place; in this scenario, CC is a reverse-Robin.

b) or the Strawhats get CC (or even Baby 5, since we know Doflamingo destroys entire islands to kill her suitors) and the Doflamingo pirates go after them; in this scenario, the Strawhats are the reverse-Ennies Lobby.

Still, I think Doflamingo being defeated so soon would be a waste. Oda built him up so well, I thought he'd be one of the final villains. But hey, they all fall down, so by all means, take him out now.
    Dofla will be defeated, the issue would be this : who will defeat him ? Luffy or Law ?

If the Yonko who is making business with Dofla is indeed BM, kidnapping CC and therefore no more Smile for her would be another reason for her to hunt Luffy (+ the bomb inside the Tamatebako), and Dofla himself will be surely beyond pissed off and will make his move too, but Law said something quite strange tho, that all this is for the purpose of defeating a Yonko, I know Law didn't told Luffy about his plan in detail, but it seems as if he omitted Dofla or that he won't attack right after CC's kidnapping, leaving them some time to deal with the Yonko

But I won't be surprised if actually Luffy/Law will take on both Dofla/Yonko (BM certainly), with Luffy dealing with BM, Law dealing with Dofla, and that would the best thing actually for me, because Luffy won't take 2 big shots in a fast succession, and that at least his rivals would be relevant to the story, if it' just Luffy defeating big shots and not his rivals, it would be useless and stupid, because only one rival would still be left and that would Blackbeard, hence why I believe Oda will make the other SN (especially Law, Drake, Hawkins, Kidd) shine too
    Last edited by Zehahaha; December 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this was clear already no ? Isn't Smiley a combination of the gas and the DF (certainly a " Smile "), thanks to CC's powers and scientific knowledge, so I think that the plan is that : Gas ---> turns back to Smiley ---> Transform into gas again ----> turns back to Smiley

Well we didn't get to see that process since Luffy and Law spoiled the experimentation that CC was conducting, but I don't see the point of a gas like weapon that would take years to dissipate, it would be a bit ridiculous IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    But that toxic gas was result of an experiment gone wrong, it wasn't a manufactured weapon yet. Thanks to those results, CC managed to make an actual usable weapon. And it took him 4 years to complete it, supposedly. Besides, what's the use of toxic weapon made for conquering if it renders an island uninhabitable for years? It would make more sense if CC created a weapon that spreads fast, kills fast and goes away fast.

But that's just my view.
    What i was getting at is that as we've seen it isn't just a regular gas that functions like a regular gas. There is a method of control that is required to keep that gas going and then reusing it. I mean if CC is going to sell this to multiple individuals then after they get done using it and it goes back to being Smiley then i'm assuming that its services will be given to the next highest bidder. It definitely didn't seem as if CC had created more then one Shinokuni and was in mass production or anything like that. Which means that when Shinokuni is used it isn't just going to evaporate and disappear into thin air over the course of a shot time span, because if it did then there would be no more Shinokuni and CC's statement that he and Smiley would meet again wouldn't make sense. I'm looking at Shinokuni as being a reusable weapon thats here to stay rather then a one time thing thats recreated from scratch all over again by CC.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My prediction for Dress Rosa fights

Luffy vs. Doflamingo

Zoro vs. Law (DD forces his hand)

Sanji vs. Vergo (rematch)

Usopp vs. Yeti Cool Bros (as Law's Crew)

Nami vs. Monet (Continuation)

Robin vs. Baby 5

Franky vs. Ceaser Clown

Chopper vs. Little Girl (with a most likely awesome ability)

Brook vs. Buffalo (Could Work)

Kinemon/Momonuske vs. Iron Sabo

Jinbe??/Smoker??/Kidd?? vs. Misc

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Dofla will be defeated, the issue would be this : who will defeat him ? Luffy or Law ?

If the Yonko who is making business with Dofla is indeed BM, kidnapping CC and therefore no more Smile for her would be another reason for her to hunt Luffy (+ the bomb inside the Tamatebako), and Dofla himself will be surely beyond pissed off and will make his move too, but Law said something quite strange tho, that all this is for the purpose of defeating a Yonko, I know Law didn't told Luffy about his plan in detail, but it seems as if he omitted Dofla or that he won't attack right after CC's kidnapping, leaving them some time to deal with the Yonko

But I won't be surprised if actually Luffy/Law will take on both Dofla/Yonko (BM certainly), with Luffy dealing with BM, Law dealing with Dofla, and that would the best thing actually for me, because Luffy won't take 2 big shots in a fast succession, and that at least his rivals would be relevant to the story, if it' just Luffy defeating big shots and not his rivals, it would be useless and stupid, because only one rival would still be left and that would Blackbeard, hence why I believe Oda will make the other SN (especially Law, Drake, Hawkins, Kidd) shine too
    adding that to the list of what I'd wanna see... in fact it'd be better if Dofla is actually someone Luffy can't defeat and Law ends up beating him, while Luffy switches over to kicking Big Mam's ass...
    Last edited by RezzieThaRapper; December 16, 2012 at 06:46 PM.
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RezzieThaRapper View Post
    adding that to the list of what I'd wanna see... in fact it'd be better if Dofla is actually someone Luffy can't defeat and Law ends up beating him, while Luffy switches over to kicking Big Mam's ass...
    It's way too soon after Impel Down and Marineford for Luffy to meet someone he can't defeat. He already had too much trouble with Hody when everyone else crushed their opponents at Fishman Island (despite all the mitigating factors, like being underwater, OD'ing on those pills, etc...). He already got defeated and captured by Caesar.

Luffy needs to be dominant for a while. I don't say we need to see him curbstomp everyone like he eventually did to Caesar, but we need to see him go toe-to-toe with a monster and win on sheer power. I know that the tradition is that Luffy gets his ass kicked before he wins (Arlong, Crocodile, Lucci, Moria)... but this is post Marineford-Luffy. This is "I will never lose again"-Luffy. I am not saying that we need to remove all suspense from the story, but Luffy needs to be more decisive than he used to be.

New Reply
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast