Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 215 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 215 Discussion Thread

I don't really understand Tengu offering to be Zebra partner that much. All I get is Tengu just says what he heards about Zebra from Dharma Sage, nothing about forming a combo with him.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tengu is totally a delinquent
    I thought he would be more refined for #3.

They will still need good cooking equipment so they better bike fast!
    Devour this Manga

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

-Ken-
    The same with me. But still, Zebra somehow understood it as an offer and rejected it saying that he already has a candidate for a combo and that's Matsu.) I think it was more about pissing Tengu.)

It's also really interesting to see, what's going to happen in the enxt chapter since Tengu and Komatsu are considerably late already and if they go with Matsu's speed, then they will be damn late for cooking.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shadoguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal Prediction:
    • Komatsu will still come dead last in the race, but his dish will be placed between 10 and 40.
    • The next round involves taking down a high Capture Level (between 20-80) Specially or Super Specially Prepared Ingredient, and prepare it. All the other Chefs will use brute force or strange abilities in this round. With Komatsu, either:
      1. Run around until the creature is exhausted or knocks itself out.
      2. Displays a strange ability in which the beast surrenders itself as an Ingredient to Komatsu (not intimidation).
    • Either way, I think Komatsu will cut out the parts needed for cooking (all vital organs) but doesn't kill it (regenerating the cut out parts), showing both Food Honor and Revitalizing Kitchen Knife technique.
    • I don't know what will happen in the following rounds, but Komatsu will definitely make it into the finals.
    • At his point the Bishokukai will make their move.
    • The Bishokukai, though failing to capture most other chefs, will manage to kidnap Komatsu. It is possible his actions may have saved the other chefs.
    • The Four Heavenly Kings then enter the Gourmet World in order to rescue him.
    • The last meal Komatsu prepared before being captured will help evolve their cells.

P.S.: I think Komatsu's nick name might be " ______ Genius ". Maybe "Millenial" (like once in a thousand years), "Kind" (due to his personality) or "Miracle Genius" or something.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

What a nice chapter and Tengu is already one of my favourite characters.
    It seems Komatsu other than having a talent for coocking ingredients, has also a talent for obtaining allies.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the next chapter; I want see how Komatsu will overcome his handicaps.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

it was a good chapter. i liked tengu, he is like zebra's twin in character thou i am actually in need to know who the hell this dharma is? he knows both tengu and zebra (probably when he took the zebra) i was thinking at first he might be the old man from Oth that came to protect the fest but.... I cant w8 the next chapter and the food they cook

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Black Void's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cearon View Post
    it was a good chapter. i liked tengu, he is like zebra's twin in character thou i am actually in need to know who the hell this dharma is? he knows both tengu and zebra (probably when he took the zebra) i was thinking at first he might be the old man from Oth that came to protect the fest but.... I cant w8 the next chapter and the food they cook

When they fought the four beasts zebra was riding a dharma horse, the owner is the dharma eremite.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic134950_2.gif

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that Zebra wants Komatsu for his combo but I wouldn't mind seing what Zebra-Tengu gives. The two delinquents of Toriko together could be interesting.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems Buranchi asking Zebra to form a combo was apparent to both of them. When Zebra said "I will decline the offer, have Komatsu lined up" Buranchi was "Wha who the hell is Komatsu?!", if he didn't want to form a combo he would say something like "lol who said I wanted a combo with ya?"

It seems Buranchi has trained under Dharma Hermit as well, that guy seems to be top class, very interested to find out more about him.

Buranchi to win, Komatsu second place with his help, Zebra forms a combo with Buranchi so he can shove it up Toriko's nose that his guy beat Toriko's guy:P

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty good chapter...even though I saw most of it coming.

There's 2 ways to look at how Komatsu will do in this tournament; him doing great and him not doing that well...and I'm leaning toward him not doing as well as we thought. But I don't think we'll get a true winner or ranking this year because I think the Bishokukai will interrupt either during or right after this round. If Komatsu makes it to the next round I think his food will rank in between 40 and 50. Like Jorge said, I can't see him being top 50 just like that.

If it does get to the next round, I do like the idea of them going one on one with a beast/ingredient. But that would definitely be where Komatsu drops out. And this will motivate him to get physically strong so he won't be a burden to Toriko.

What I would really like to see is Tengu give Komatsu a few tips or tricks to start his training. Maybe Komatsu could only translate food honor to use for his cooking abilities and maybe Tengu will teach him some similar tricks for physical activity during the bike ride. Like how to go full speed for the whole trip without being tired.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just know Zebra/Tengu pair would be unstoppable. Zebra got the sound and Tengu got the speed. I do wonder who this
    Dharma is. It's not to many people Zebra respects.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was the Dharma that offered Zebra a combo.

And the way I see it, Komatsu does have a chance to win the fest. It's still a cooking fest. And as we all have seen it, even the most useless ingredient becomes a treasure if Komatsu handles it.

Remember that Komatsu already beat Setsuno in recreating the Century Soup. So if he beats her in this fest, I wouldn't be very surprised.

And he already have Tengu to help him in physical challenges. I think Tengu wants to help Komatsu reach the finals and see how good he really is.
    Last edited by llydnarz; December 13, 2012 at 08:52 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the bishokukai would come interrupt when the announcer is announcing "the winner of this years fest is....!!?
    I think fans would get mad if they dont get to see the fest i mean its been hinted since in the early 100 chapter and people look forward to this event. Surely the author wouldnt screw us right...right? (dying to see the whole fest here man). And if i understand how a cawk tease Shima is he will surely draw the whole fest but withheld the winning chef.

I still believe matsu will do well even in physical range. He may be slow but they didnt mention speed would be of essence. Its the journey not destination and as long as his cooking tops the other 50 doesnt matter hes dead last. Plus swimming that far, and carrying that huge sack of food is already in the realm of superhumans. Look at that meat he was holding! gotta weight at least 20kg

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member bonifide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    I think the bishokukai would come interrupt when the announcer is announcing "the winner of this years fest is....!!?
    I think fans would get mad if they dont get to see the fest i mean its been hinted since in the early 100 chapter and people look forward to this event. Surely the author wouldnt screw us right...right? (dying to see the whole fest here man). And if i understand how a cawk tease Shima is he will surely draw the whole fest but withheld the winning chef.

I still believe matsu will do well even in physical range. He may be slow but they didnt mention speed would be of essence. Its the journey not destination and as long as his cooking tops the other 50 doesnt matter hes dead last. Plus swimming that far, and carrying that huge sack of food is already in the realm of superhumans. Look at that meat he was holding! gotta weight at least 20kg
    True but he wont last in gourmet world if he dont do something. I hope he learns some defense techniques or something. I hope he doesnt win the competition either.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to see some sick skills with the best knife there is around

Both offensive/defensive and on the cutting board...
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast