Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 215 Discussion Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 215 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sicarius View Post
    I want to see some sick skills with the best knife there is around

Both offensive/defensive and on the cutting board...
    A must for any chef battle! knife action, frying skills, awesome foods, beautiful plate decor, mouth watering full course gourmet experience!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is that... Komatsu was never meant to be strong as Setsuno for example I think. Shima made him that way, someone a little clumsy on fights and exercise but being bound to evolve and be the best chef someday. I think the other kind of skills required to survive in the gourmet world will come, but not as Toriko ofc... He would be like Toriko when he is old or something (that is how Shima show the Chefs that can take on a high level Bishokuya like Toriko anyway)

Sure, he will level to a good point eventually...

And the other chefs have gourmet cells do they? Komatsu need a special treatment too lol.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you can't survive in Gourmet World if you aren't strong enough and if you can't adapt to the environment. And well... Komatsu can't do it. If Toriko, when he first went to the Gourmet World and was like a pussy their and couldn't do practically anything and would have died if not for Jirou's help, so how come Matsu can survive their? I really doubt that even special protective suites will help in such a case...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko became more powerful but not komatsu. I would understand your point if they have grown up in parallel but that's not the case. If he manages to become stronger hyper fast when Toriko required all these difficult trainings, that would make no sense.
    Last edited by k-dom; December 14, 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I think author has maybe unintentionally made a great mystery about how can someone like Komatsu survive in the GW without getting gourmet cells and becoming super strong.

One important example to prove my point would be Ootake. He has apparently received gourmet cells and vastly increased his power in a short period of time, maybe a month or so and is able to enter the GW. Is it possible that in a month's time he's become more powerful than Toriko, extremely powerful and experienced combatant, who's trained his whole life and who's been obliterated by that same GW? The obvious answer is no, Ootake was, and still is, nothing but a fodder compared to Toriko in strength. He's seen going to the GW in a special transportation beast. What prevents Komatsu entering the GW in the same manner and staying in the controlled environment like 0th Biotope for example? I believe that's exactly what's going to happen.

I don't think he will get gourmet cells in the foreseeable future, or get extremely strong, being week is what makes him such a great guy and great character. He will become ultra powerful, like Setsuno and other top chefs in time, no doubt, but it has to happen progressively, for us to really see and feel his growth without getting disconnected from him, or ruining his character.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Until we get confirmation that Frohze had Gourmet Cells or not, I would still believe that Komatsu will never had them. I think his talent is unparalelled, and could one day surpass Frohze, if the latter was just a simple human like Komatsu, then all the more to keep him that way.

Also, Komatsu did improve : his cooking skills, and we've seen how " hard " for him to cook (example : Century Soup when it took him a lot of efforts to make it)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Setsuno has gourmet Cells, so in my opinion she has become quite powerful after years and years of hard training.
    Thus I think that Komatsu could improve very much, but only progressivly as someone already stated.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Zasz
    This just doesn't make sense. Setsuno obviously has Gourmet Cells no matter how you look at it. Shr can freaking stand and run on the water and she is easily able to enter Death Falls that require an enormous amount of stregth with eaze.
    It's obvious that most of the topdogs have Gourmet Cells. Especially those who can enter Gourmet World.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though I think there are some strong characters out there without Gourmet Cells, I still believe that majority if not all of the top dogs have Gourmet Cells. If it came out that Setsuno did NOT have Gourmet Cells, the author would have a lot of explaining to do to tell us the difference between those "with" who have special powers and those "without" who have special powers. This whole time special powers have been linked to people with Gourmet Cells eating good food to evolve their cells (and artificially through GT Robos). I don't think he would introduce something different at this point. I mean come on...even Rin has Gourmet Cells.

I can't remember the chapter but I remember seeing a flashback picture of Setsuno running for her life from a wild beast. Here's the PICTURE though.
    I doubt she would do that now. But Jirou was also in that pic as a younger man...and if Jirou was Acacia's 2nd disciple who lived centuries ago...and we pretty much know that Jirou lived a very, very long time because of his Gourmet Cells...so wouldn't that mean either Setsuno has Gourmet Cells or she would've been dead by now?

As far as Komatsu goes, I predict (just a prediction) that Komatsu will train to become stronger, some type of life threatening event will happen to Komatsu and they will give him Gourmet cells to save his life. I also think there will be a time skip before Toriko and company go to the Gourmet World and Komatsu, while not super powered the way Setsuno is now, he'll be powerful enough to survive the environments and not be in the way when it comes to battles. Only time will tell though...

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Zasz
    This just doesn't make sense. Setsuno obviously has Gourmet Cells no matter how you look at it. Shr can freaking stand and run on the water and she is easily able to enter Death Falls that require an enormous amount of stregth with eaze.
    It's obvious that most of the topdogs have Gourmet Cells. Especially those who can enter Gourmet World.
    Still I will wait for a confirmation of the autor on this matter.
    I know that she did superhuman feats, but she could be a person who just trained hard.
    Sorry if I'm being stubborn.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Im with Zasz on this. I dont think everyone would have gourmet cells. It would be weird for a chef to have them since with gourmet cell if you eat something compatible your cell would grow stronger. I think chefs have different method of getting stronger. And i wouldnt want komatsu to get them. Right now its because he doesnt have strength like toriko that he is able to accomplish his things. Imagine he wouldnt meet buranchi if hes up there in front. He wouldnt be able to get that fish in death falls. He wouldnt get his knife. There are some things that only weak people can do and its been hinted lots of time.

And gourmet world is not a simple place where you can survive with strength alone as proven by toriko and sani. You just need to be alert and you can avoid all those traps or understand what will trigger those attacks. So i will align myself with the NO STRONG KOMATSU faction! lol
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; December 15, 2012 at 09:54 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I am 99.9% sure that Setsuno has gourmet cells. She's Jirou's combo. And the picture of them in their young years tells us that they're about the same age. And we all know that Jirou's age now is way over ordinary humans.
    And if someone who doesn't have gourmet cells do all those remarkable things at an age like that, it could only mean one thing. That she's a freaking Saiyan.

But seriously, a normal human can train to be strong and prolong his/her life a bit by eating healthy foods. But to have super strength at a very old age seems impossible. Her body would eventually grow old, lose it's strength, durability and agility. Her muscles would weaken and her bones would be brittle.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    I am 99.9% sure that Setsuno has gourmet cells. She's Jirou's combo. And the picture of them in their young years tells us that they're about the same age. And we all know that Jirou's age now is way over ordinary humans.
    And if someone who doesn't have gourmet cells do all those remarkable things at an age like that, it could only mean one thing. That she's a freaking Saiyan.

But seriously, a normal human can train to be strong and prolong his/her life a bit by eating healthy foods. But to have super strength at a very old age seems impossible. Her body would eventually grow old, lose it's strength, durability and agility. Her muscles would weaken and her bones would be brittle.
    Not only that, but she must be super old... Remember that she knows Ichiryuu from the days he was still young, we all know that Ichiryuu is a few centuries old, 200 years ago he was the one who stopped the Four Beast, he's at least 200 years old, if Setsuno knows him since he was young, that means she's also at least 200 years old, I doubt any normal human would survive that long even if he eats the most healthiest food there, it's Gourmet Cells obviously

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

guyz why are u thinking that in a manga , ppl would get weak with age ?

This is a freaking manga!! in this , ppl grow stronger as they age . The prime of a manga character is like 1 nanosecond b4 their death .

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    guyz why are u thinking that in a manga , ppl would get weak with age ?

This is a freaking manga!! in this , ppl grow stronger as they age . The prime of a manga character is like 1 nanosecond b4 their death .
    Haha how true. And some even got stronger after their death!!(yes im looking at you dbz and naruto)

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast