Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Welcome to The MangaHelpers Anime Awards, an awards competition where you, the fans, nominate and decide what is the best of the best in the Anime world.
The nomination process
Who will submit the nominations?
The nominations will be submitted by members of the staff and by you, the members of the site. In that way, all the members of the site will come together to decide what is the best of the best.
How to submit a nomination
Submit a nomination for the different award categories by posting in the category threads and by explaining why said series/character/event deserves to be a nominee for that award category. Please add a link to MAL where it's pertinent and please provide links to videos on youtube if available for the OP/ED/Insert song/ Anime OST categories.
- You don’t have to nominate for all the award categories, but you can make 3 nominations for each award category.
-Out of all the nominations for the different award categories, only the 5 nominations that earn the most support (“I support XX”) become the official nominees. In case of a tie (f.ex. 7 series having the same amount of support votes), there will be a short tie-breaker poll. If the poll ends in another tie, the staff will randomly choose the last official nominees.
- To show your support for a nomination, the only thing you need to do is to write a post in the specific thread indicating your support for said nomination. Please note that this counts as a "nomination", meaning you will have one (or more) less series/person/etc. to nominate.
-The nomination process will take place from 17th December to 31th December, 4 PM GMT+1. You can edit your nomination once during that period. To edit a nomination, please make a new post and follow the template to change a nomination, if you don’t, your new nomination won’t be considered.
- Once a series/character/event has been nominated, it doesn’t need to be nominated for a second time. If you agree with said nomination, please use the appropriate template to support it.
- Below are the templates to submit your nominations:
Template to make a nomination:
I nominate - *insert name of the nominee*: *insert explanation of why said series/character/event deserves to be a nominee for that award category*.
Note: Please be prudent in using spoiler tags for major events (eg death, plot twists), and label your spoiler tags with the series name so people know what they are getting themselves into.
Template to support a nomination:
I support *insert the name of the nominee*
Template to edit a previous nomination:
I originally nominated *insert name of nominee*, but now I want to change it to *insert name of new nominee*
-Please respect the opinions and nominations of others. It’s okay if you don’t like a series or a character or an event that another person nominates and it’s okay if you don’t agree with said nomination; but please do not bash the character, or the series, or event, or the person who posts the nomination. The purpose of The MangaHelpers Anime Awards is to do something as a whole community while having fun, not to initiate any kind of drama or fights.
-In case an award category doesn’t have enough nominations, the rest of the nominees will come from a panel of experts and members from the staff.
The Voting ProcessQuote:
- The 5 finalists will be selected through the first voting process. The voting will be poll-based.
-You don’t have to vote for all the award categories, but you can only vote for a category once. So please make sure you are voting for the series/characters/events you really want to vote for before clicking on the poll.
The poll is multiple-choice and will allow you to vote for 3 of the nominees
-Once you have cast your vote, please feel free to continue the discussion about the nominees and who you think will be the winners of this contest.
-The finalists of each award category will be the ones that earn the most votes.
-The voting process will take place from 2nd January to 9th January. The finals will start one day later.
- The finals will take place from 10th to 24th January, allowing you to only vote for one of the finalists. Think twice because this time, you will decide the winner!
The results of the MangaHelpers Anime Awards will be posted approximately seven days after the closing of the voting process.
-If you have any questions about the awards competition, please feel free to contact me or any of the following moderators via PM:
We hope you all will enjoy this event to its fullest!
Last edited by naruto-niichan; December 31, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
just a remark, last year we had an anime award, i think this year awards should only concern 2011-2012 animes in most categories
There seems to be some confusion so I want to clear things up:
1. The only categories limited to 2012 only are "Best new Anime 2012" and "Most Disappointing Anime 2012". "Best Classic" has a time-limit too (everything before the new millenium) but besides these three there are no time-limits.
2. This award is anime-only so please don't nominate a series that hasn't been animated yet. Doesn't matter if it's already planned or not, as long as it's not released yet it's impossible to judge and thus can't be nominated.
Same goes for characters or events which haven't been covered in the anime yet.
Silly question: Can I consider Korra? I know it's not anime, but it's an animated series highly accepted in the anime community. And I like to vote for it in some categories. :O
Can we nominate manhwa characters?
If it's a manhwa turned into an anime then YES ~niichan
Last edited by naruto-niichan; December 19, 2012 at 07:30 AM.
How is this 2012 awards when half of the people are voting for anime that hasn't aired in years?
Shouldn't we focus on and celebrate the great anime that has aired in 2012? Why should an old series deserve a spot that some new blood should have?
I personally think the focus should be on the best of this year, not the best of any other year. Anyone else agree?
I remind you to make the nomination count process getting easier by:
- Bold the nomination. Another thing is when you want to nominate a particular Anime, please explicitly state the title of the Anime that you want to be nominated instead of just vaguely "supporting it"
- When you're making nomination for Best Death/Plot Twist/WTF moment, please write the title of the Anime on the spoiler tag like this:
I noticed the thread for "Best Classic" is missing. Was it deleted?
The threads are all now restored, continue the nominations!