Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto vs. Sasuke - Deciding factors

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto vs. Sasuke - Deciding factors

going from the direction the manga is going, we are not going to get a part 1 style match, and i rather not see a part 1 style match honestly because it would just be something we already seen and both characters are immensely more powerful now. Now i do believe they should make their high powered battle more techical. For instance have naruto trick him with KB disguised as bijuudamas, hiding within the earth, setting up feints and traps, and what not. We shouldnt expect a battle with paper bombs, kunai and shuriken, high complex jutsu, because those simply arent in their primary repitoire. Part 1 fight was great without a doubt, but that was part 1, kishi will show them fight at a high level similiar to hashirama vs madara and how their battle scarred the earth

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When people ask for a Part 1 style fight, they don't mean ninja wire and shuriken and paper bombs. They mean a genuine brawl where both opponents are exhausted and hitting eachother in the faces over and over, while occasionally outwitting eachother. You can't get that kind of battle with the current powerleves as they are.

Think about it. If Naruto went all out against Sasuke in Chakra Mode or Sage Mode, and punch Sasuke in the face, his head would explode. If Sasuke went all out and hit Naruto with an Amaterasu, he'd disappear into nothing. Because of this, Naruto will continue running around all super fast, and Sasuke will sit still tanking blows in Susanoo. And that's IT.

No one wants to see this. Or rather, I don't.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    When people ask for a Part 1 style fight, they don't mean ninja wire and shuriken and paper bombs. They mean a genuine brawl where both opponents are exhausted and hitting eachother in the faces over and over, while occasionally outwitting eachother. You can't get that kind of battle with the current powerleves as they are.

Think about it. If Naruto went all out against Sasuke in Chakra Mode or Sage Mode, and punch Sasuke in the face, his head would explode. If Sasuke went all out and hit Naruto with an Amaterasu, he'd disappear into nothing. Because of this, Naruto will continue running around all super fast, and Sasuke will sit still tanking blows in Susanoo. And that's IT.

Technically it should be like this, but as power levels rise, the endurance and stamina of the characters have to rise accordingly. Actually i don't think that Sasuke would die (if not only for plot reasons) from a slap in Charka mode. I still miss the fights from part one, cause it all seemed a bit more humanly there. Apart from that Naruto was at least a little cool because of his stamina, now everyone seems to have stamina like Naruto.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke needs a boost in power and he will get it. Probably its going to be Rinnegan. As Sasuke is now he is going to get 1 shoot with Flashdama.

Thing is if they end up fighting and going by what Naruto said they are both going to die.

But if we do get one its going to be DBZ fight 100% sure thing. If not its not going to be a real fight with both of them at 100%.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't see eye to eye very often, but on this we're on the same page.
    I couldn't have explained it better

Quote Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
    Technically it should be like this, but as power levels rise, the endurance and stamina of the characters have to rise accordingly. Actually i don't think that Sasuke would die (if not only for plot reasons) from a slap in Charka mode. I still miss the fights from part one, cause it all seemed a bit more humanly there. Apart from that Naruto was at least a little cool because of his stamina, now everyone seems to have stamina like Naruto.
    Well even Naruto is pushing it, fighting non-stop for a day without taking a rest, and without sweating even a bit.
    But still things like stamina will always be an author's bane in situations like this, and they always try to justify it:
    in One Piece, its feelings. In Bleach, stamina never was an issue. In Naruto, Kishi invented that retarded "Kyuubi gives free chakra to everyone ", its pretty difficult to see someone be realistic with it.
    Expecially how the heroes conveniently collapse after their big fight

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Sasuke needs a boost in power and he will get it. Probably its going to be Rinnegan. As Sasuke is now he is going to get 1 shoot with Flashdama.

Thing is if they end up fighting and going by what Naruto said they are both going to die.

But if we do get one its going to be DBZ fight 100% sure thing. If not its not going to be a real fight with both of them at 100%.
    The initial Obito fight was incredibly good on that prospective, it was a mix of ninjutsu, speed and taijutsu.
    I hope Naruto and Sasuke gets to trade blows for some chapters before taking out the big guns

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

Thing is Obito and Minato are not DBZ caracters. Well Obito was not back then. Naruto and Sasuke are 100% that with Kurama mode and perfect Susano (that Sasuke is going to get 100% sure thing).
    The only way we can have a non-DBZ fight with these 2 is if Kishi removes the powers they have and if he does that then we are not going to get the real fight we need with both of them at 100%.
    Also if they start by going taijutsu mode its going to be so out of caracter its not even funny.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

Thing is Obito and Minato are not DBZ caracters. Well Obito was not back then. Naruto and Sasuke are 100% that with Kurama mode and perfect Susano (that Sasuke is going to get 100% sure thing).
    The only way we can have a non-DBZ fight with these 2 is if Kishi removes the powers they have and if he does that then we are not going to get the real fight we need with both of them at 100%.
    Also if they start by going taijutsu mode its going to be so out of caracter its not even funny.
    Why's that?
    Both of them usually begins their fight by going into the fray, using Taijutsu or close-range Ninjutsu.

Still I get what you mean, the closest thing we'll see from them will be Sasuke fighting with skeleton Susano'o at close range against Naruto in Chakra Mode/ Bijuu Mode.
    And Kishi will surely enable Sasuke to keep up either with Chakra Mode ( like Itachi did ) or Sage Mode ( again, like Itachi did ), I don't think he'll have problems in such an important fight

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

Close range ninjutsu would be a FRS for Naruto and RM to flatten Sasuke. I don't see how that can be a taijutsu fight. Sasuke is going to also pop Susano even if not the biggest version as i really have no idea how he can cap up with SM/RM Naruto in base mode and actualy put up a fight. If he does its just BS and i don't mean dodge or block 1-2 attacks when Naruto in RM is not going full speed but actualy putting up a fight.
    Sasuke just about poped Susano from the start since the point he got it. Vs Gaara and team, vs Mei, vs Danzo, vs Kakashi, vs Kabuto, vs Zetsu and so on.

Oh and Itachi did keep up with Naruto when he was not going full speed. Now full speed he should not be able to keep up just like Sasuke could not keep up with Raikage (Naruto is faster) if he does then its a plot hole (asuming he does not get a new power/ability). Hell not even Minato could keep up with normal speed when Raikage charge... There is no way i can belive Itachi can do that (or Sasuke). Of course they can put up Susano but pure h2h no way in hell.
    Last edited by xXan; December 10, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I firmly believe Sasuke is on par with current Naruto. Let's keep one thing on the table here; Sasuke was always several tiers above Naruto throughout the course of the manga, it's only now that he's able to reach up to him and bridge the gap, but his analytical skills are still as abysmal as ever. Alone, he wouldn't last long against any high tier ninjas without some crucial analytical help as we saw with Obito.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan
    Sasuke is going to also pop Susano even if not the biggest version as i really have no idea how he can cap up with SM/RM Naruto in base mode and actualy put up a fight.
    Sasuke would have as much trouble following Naruto as Obito and Madara are right now: absolutely none.

Chasing him around? Sure, that's a no-go. But there's no such thing as a speed blitz when Naruto is involved. Not anymore atleast. It's not the speed Sasuke needs to contend with when he fights Naruto. It's the overwhelming power.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

@shadan
    Actually, his analytical skills have improved gradually in Shippuden.
    More importantly, why does Naruto need analysis skills?
    Naruto is God tier. He would shit on most ninjas alive in the Narutoverse. So I'm saying Naruto would destroy most high tier ninja.

It's just Sasuke right now who I agree should be on par with him.
    Both of them at 100% would call for some Taijutsu. I'm pretty sure there was some fast paced physical combat between Madara VS Hashirama.

At this stage, I'm relying on the anime to bring in that special directing company that did the Naruto VS Sasuke at the Waterfalls and one ep. of Naruto VS Pein.
    The animation was perfect for those imo. They really out did the manga completely for the physical combat scenes in Naruto VS Sasuke.
    Or rather, they made Naruto do damage prior to Kyuubi unlike the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm kinda hoping that naruto would fight sasuke with his sage mode alone.

It doesn't matter of sasuke got a rinnegan or ems, but as long as naruto is knowledgeable to uzumaki clans sealing jutsus and naruto in sage mode knows how to use minato's hiraishin. That would be enough for me.

Ems/rinnegan sasuke VS sage mode naruto. ( with alot of uzumaki's sealing jutsu + hiraishin)

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    I firmly believe Sasuke is on par with current Naruto. Let's keep one thing on the table here; Sasuke was always several tiers above Naruto throughout the course of the manga, it's only now that he's able to reach up to him and bridge the gap, but his analytical skills are still as abysmal as ever. Alone, he wouldn't last long against any high tier ninjas without some crucial analytical help as we saw with Obito.
    I disagree.

Before sasuke went to orochimaru for free up grade, he already felt inferior to naruto. Naruto already surpassed sasuke when they fought gaara. Sasuke's chidori and katon and his super analytical skills couldn't matched naruto and bunta's skills.

In fact, at the chuunin exam naruto is already the strongest Gen in. When he knew how to summon bunta/frog and how to get an extra chakra from kurama, naruto can almost trash anyone.

At the chuunin exam, how can neji or sasuke or shikamaru defeat naruto if he already summon bunta at that arena?

That would be hilarious.

Neji : naruto you're just a loser. Your destiny is just a loser.
    Ten ten : sorry naruto-kun. But neji is the strongest Genin.
    Naruto : summong technique....
    Neji /ten ten :

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    While i do agree that Sasuke is a better ninja(and always will be) and that EMS Sasuke is equal with CM Naruto, the same can not be said for V2 and Bijuu mode. He completely outclasses Sasuke in every way and destroys him. Also Naruto could get dumber than he already is for all i care, when you have that much overwhelming power intelligence isn't too much of a factor.... especially when you have somebody like Kurama giving him advice and if need be switching places to battle for Naruto.

He needs a power up.

@ninjabot

While its true that Sasuke won't be getting blitzed he can no longer physically compete with Naruto. He might be able to doge or counter one attack from CM Naruto but thats it. Susanoo is his only defense against getting destroyed in CC but that as of late is way too weak to mean much against Naruto's level of power(FRS barrage, mini bijuu dama, bijuu dama, multi bijuu dama).
    Last edited by NinjaStar; December 10, 2012 at 09:58 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

This. Hundred fucking percent this.

Right now, it's gotten DBZ style with bijuu dama and Susano'o. I don't care if it's plot or stupid or whatever, but it'd be nice to see them not use Mangekyo or Kyuubi and actually fight Part I style. As said, wires aren't needed, strategy is. Right now, it looks like it'll be exchanging strong attacks with uber defense, no worrying about damage or planning to avoid. That is not the kind of fight I want between these two.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaStar
    its true that Sasuke won't be getting blitzed he can no longer physically compete with Naruto. He might be able to doge or counter one attack from CM Naruto but thats it. Susanoo is his only defense against getting destroyed in CC but that as of late is way too weak to mean much against Naruto's level of power(FRS barrage, mini bijuu dama, bijuu dama, multi bijuu dama).
    That's what I said: when it comes to full on stopping power Sasuke can't handle Naruto. Susanoo will tank any form of Rasengan he has (yes, even FRS), but Bijuudama is where the line is drawn. It's just close combat isn't something Naruto wants to try against Sasuke unless he's backed by a dozen clones. Remember, the Sharingan allows you to predict movements so that you don't need to be strong enough to endure blows from your enemy. You don't even need to be faster than them, let alone equal in speed. If Naruto went melee against Sasuke without an army we'd get a repeat of what happened when Sasuke first reached 3 tomoe, which is Sasuke ducking, juking, and counterattacking.

Granted, his blows wouldn't have the necessary stopping power to kill Naruto. Unless he had a Chidori armed from the get go. I'm just getting the point across that Naruto has yet to reach a speed that Sasuke's Sharingan won't be able to follow. His body will be too fast to keep up with, sure. But it'll be similar to what happened with Killerbee. Standing still and fighting defensively would keep him alive until Naruto busted out an army of clones or armed himself with a Bijuudama.

Though he could just get burned alive by an Amaterasu in the time it takes to make that Bijuudama so... whatever, lol.

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast