Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Opinion?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay!

5 27.78%
  • Nay!

12 66.67%
  • Pollwhore

1 5.56%
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Timeskip YAY or NAY

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Timeskip YAY or NAY

I wouldn't hate a timeskip, but I felt like a lot of the main shounen series (Naruto, Bleach, OP, Fairy Tail) all did 2 year or so time skips. I like the how Hunter is unconventional and it would take away from the story unless Togashi does it in a way where it makes sense or that. I wouldn't mind a few month time skip, but a 2 year time skip wouldn't work as well.

Hunter has already spanned a year or two since the first hunter exam, and it's not like it's completely oblivious to a time frame. Right now, it's estimated that Gon and Killua are about 13 and 14, respectively.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Raad's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with some of what was said about character developpement, I think we've seen quite enough of the "innocent child facing a cruel world" aspect, and I believe it'd be a good time to take a look at the fruit of that long upbringing, what kind of man will Gon become in the future? I don't think I'm the only one who asked himself this question, and I don't mean his badassery... Of course, I'd rather see this show up gradually in a continuous timeline, but taking into account Togashi, it would be understandable to wish for it to happen sooner rather than -possibly- never.

Togashi could make a "timeskip" by writing some arcs talking about the Zodiacs vs Beyond, Kurapika and maybe even Jailo's plans' unfolding while Gon is away, but that'd still depend on Gon's goals after everything that happened in the last arc. And personally, I don't think Toga's gonna let his hero disappear for that long (though I think it could be interesting), nor that he'd do a simple abrupt timeskip...

Btw, adult Gon rocks on that drawing!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Invertroid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How old is gon and Killua in the manga currently? Maybe a large timeskip isn't even necicary to age them visually.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they are between 13-14 years. It's mostly likely 14 though.
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    How old is gon and Killua in the manga currently? Maybe a large timeskip isn't even necicary to age them visually.
    They're both 13.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Invertroid View Post
    The entire events of the series has taken place over a year an a half, meaning they would both have turned 13 at one point or another given that they were both 12 at the series beginning, it was just never stated on screen that they had a birthday.

"If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I like TS teases, but not everything. I liked the Mashima timeskip in which He made the world more powerful to be on pair with the main characters (Sorta) but in HxH that wouldn't work.
    Still, some months wouldn't hurt too much. Killua travelling the world wont change that much, Gon I bet will try to find his dream and the world is shacked up to go outside. So some months skipped could be even needed.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    According to Hunterpedia (HxH wikia), Killua started at age 12 and is currently 14. Gon started at age 11 and is currently 13. I guess there is some debate as to how old they actually are and which one is the older one. Either way, Gon's 13 and Killua is 13-14, depending on whether or not he's older than Gon.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    I dont agree with you on that, It has its positives and negatives, you have listed some of the negatives, and I don't agree with you on exhausting all the possibilities they could think of, sometimes the author has large plot pieces they need to move, and it might be tedious or take a really long time, so they skip ahead. Some negatives are that it sets back character development, and after the initial timeskip there is alot of backtracking.
    You nailed it right in the head. He was being pessimistic all the way. In all honesty, I do wanna see a timeskip and I want it to be wonderful. Togashi always deliver. Everyone thought the Ant arc was gonna suck but he sure showed them one hell of a sucker punch.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member there76's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let them age on there own with a time skip.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic171590_1.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No one seems to mention how a timeskip would effect Leorio or Kuripika. I'm more interested in what Leorio would do fitting towards the story after he became a doctor he'd definitely be seen more seeing his studying would be done with. Kuripika idk he could go two routes which at the moment seems to lean towards the latter closing off his friends to a point of complete revenge. He might annihilate most of the Genei Ryodan and feel dissatisfied as if it's not enough. I hope he remembers what his true dream is because that's what's worth living.

Killua and Gon will def have the most shocking developments in terms of maturity I'm more interested especially Gon. As far as their ages go I have a question. It was said in one of the translations during the chimera ant arc that Gon was still 11? I'm not sure if it's true it wouldn't make sense since I see him being at least 12 by now anyone have any definite answer on Leorio Kuripika Gon and Killua's ages according to the current story line?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Leorio. He's the only person I'd like to see a more lengthy timeskip for. I'm going to have to say nay for Kurapika. We saw him in chapter 339 and he looked like a different person from before, and I'm interested to see what he's like now after not seeing him for about a year.

Quote Quote:
    As far as their ages go I have a question. It was said in one of the translations during the chimera ant arc that Gon was still 11? I'm not sure if it's true it wouldn't make sense since I see him being at least 12 by now anyone have any definite answer on Leorio Kuripika Gon and Killua's ages according to the current story line?
    The one I read said Gon was 12, and that's when he went on the date with Palm. Gon started out at age 11 in the Hunter Exam, and his birthday's in May. So sometime during Heaven's Arena he turned 12, and he's been 12 through Greed Island and the Ant Arc. He would have turned 13 sometime during the end of the Ant Arc, as the election arc took place approximately a year after Heaven's Arena in HxH time. Since everyone had their birthdays around the same time, it can be assumed that our main four are 2 years older than they were when they met during the exam. Gon's 13, Killua's 14 (or 13 depending on how you interpret the manga), Leorio's 21, and Kurapika's 19.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mmhm ^ All true. Its been one year and 8 months since the Hunter exam arc.

PS - I think Killua is 13 : P Idk why, its either or though.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kazna's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't we already have a timeskip for Kurapika ? And Leorio too. Haven't seen them for a year since the YS arc, right?

Btw, Gon's birthday is in May, and Killua's in July, but who's younger? Many seem to take that Killua's 10 months older than Gon, is there any evidence for that?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on how you interpret the manga. Gon introduces himself as being almost 12 when he meets Killua, and Killua says "just like me". This could either imply that he's also almost 12, or that he's 12 already. But then during Heaven's arena, he says he was sent there by his father at the age of 6 and was there for 2 years before he reached floor 200, when he was around 8. And when he's there with Zushi and Gon, he says he left 4 years ago. Hunterpedia (HxH wikia) says he's 14, and I personally think he's 14, but it doesn't really matter too much in terms of the series, nor is it really relevant.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; December 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast