Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Tower of God Chapter 123 Discussion/124 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 123 Discussion/124 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    You're taking a theory and turning it into a fact to base your other assumptions on.
    No.

The slayers all being irregulars is still just a theory, there are arguments for and against it, but you certainly can't say for definite either way at this point.
    I wasn't, but it would be retarded to call someone a slayer who is not an irregular as they can't slay Zahard. That isn't, however, proof of anything, but I never said it was. (Hence my initial question if it was ever explained what it meant)

In what way would they be violating the laws of the tower? Yes Baam was chosen by the tower but that doesn't necessarily mean that killing him will defy the tower. Besides, Zahard's people have already tried to kill him, what about ren?
    There is that whole not interfering with regulars and taking tests issue. Killing someone trying to climb the tower breaks that.

Why would FUG go to such lengths to fake Baam's death if they didn't think he was in danger? Granted Hwa Ryun seems to have her own agenda.
    They faked his death to separate him from his friends and to make him more amenable to working with them after Rachel's betrayal.

Urek isn't exactly Baam's ally, he is just interested in him. He doesn't even know that he's an irregular and chances are he doesn't care, he just wants to leave the tower.
    He might not be Baam's BFF, but he would take issue if the government murdered someone with whom he is interested because that is how normal people react. Now maybe that wouldn't make him want to kill Zahard, but it would definitely not help his opinion of him.

Enryu and Phanta are complete mysteries, we know nothing about them so we can't assume that they'll care at all if Zahard kills an irregular.
    You absolutely can assume that any and all irregulars would care that an irregular was killed by Zahard because they are a threat to him as it inherently makes them a potential target.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Then, FUG would gamble on Baam too much. How do they know he's going to become powerful enough to take on (even with whole FUG) on Zahard, his princesses, RED and whatever army he has, plus 10 families?
    Did you even read the part you quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    And irregulars aren't pokemons, you don't collect them and then have them fight for you. Aside from Z&T10FH, there was no irregular between Urek and Baam, and that's one hell of a long time. Aside from any irregulars actually appearing, FUG would need those who can be convinced (read: forced ) to cooperate, and are weak enough at the beginning for that to actually be possible. That's too slow even for immortals, and I'm sure that's not in the plot!
    Whether it is in the plot or not, FUG wouldn't have much of a choice but to do that if Baam is not capable of killing Zahard himself, and if they don't have a choice and they are serious in their goal, they'd do everything in their power to do it.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tower of God Chapter 123 Discussion/124 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    No.
    Yes. See? I can give single worded answers too.

I wasn't, but it would be retarded to call someone a slayer who is not an irregular as they can't slay Zahard. That isn't, however, proof of anything, but I never said it was. (Hence my initial question if it was ever explained what it meant)
    That's just one implication of their title. Another would be them slaying Zahard's underlings which they should be capable of doing (aside from maybe the family heads). Another could just be that they're called slayers for the sake of it. Another could be that they can be involved in slaying Zahard, but can't actually deal the finishing blow. Either way, it's little to go on.

There is that whole not interfering with regulars and taking tests issue. Killing someone trying to climb the tower breaks that.
    But again, at what point has that stopped him? RED were prepared to kill Baam and Anak. Also, where was it stated that not killing regulars is a rule of the tower? I may have genuinely missed it but I can't remember it being stated. For all we know, it's simply Zahard's rule since regulars are essentially chosen by his system and not the tower's.

They faked his death to separate him from his friends and to make him more amenable to working with them after Rachel's betrayal.
    They could have separated them without faking his death. Baam's friends were nothing compared to FUG, they could have easily kept them apart and used much the same tactic they're using now.

He might not be Baam's BFF, but he would take issue if the government murdered someone with whom he is interested because that is how normal people react. Now maybe that wouldn't make him want to kill Zahard, but it would definitely not help his opinion of him.
    Urek doesn't care about Zahard or his throne or the tower in general, he said so himself and Zahard killing someone he had a slight interest in isn't going to change that.

You absolutely can assume that any and all irregulars would care that an irregular was killed by Zahard because they are a threat to him as it inherently makes them a potential target.
    Surely that should be obvious to them anyway? If Zahard worked so hard to establish his empire, then obviously he's going to want to kill anyone who wants to kill him and destroy his empire, it's common sense. Now whether Zahard is actually a threat to the likes of phanta/enryu/urek is another thing entirely.
    ---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Did you even read the part you quoted?

Whether it is in the plot or not, FUG wouldn't have much of a choice but to do that if Baam is not capable of killing Zahard himself, and if they don't have a choice and they are serious in their goal, they'd do everything in their power to do it.
    replies in bold.

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5