Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Do you find my comic interesting?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you find my comic interesting?

I've been making a comic, it's a ton of work but it's not producing any results.
    I'm trying to find if the problem is the comic contents/story that isn't interesting or simply the fact that is poorly advertised.
    Can you please help me figure it out?

http://www.nagori.co

Chapter 1: Complete (30)
    Chapter 2: Complete (34)
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; December 21, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner KyuRyu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you find my comic interesting?

Well, if I could give a bit of a critique here... I really like the attention to minor details. The backgrounds and mob scenes are for the most part wonderfully drawn. However, the characters and other detailed humans are rather uncanny valley.

The facial expressions almost stopped me from reading at points. The way some of the characters smiled blankly was just sorta creepy to me. That being said, you seem to have possibly figured it out for yourself, because after the first chapter the facial expressions got a lot better and less... robotic (Ironic given that chapter's introduction of a robotic girl). It's still not great, but its progressing. Anatomy gets kinda weird in areas, but other areas is fine, so work on consistency. The story does seem to flow oddly, as I'm still trying to understand a few of the key elements connecting the chapters together, and it seems like the kind of story that gets stronger after it has time to flesh out. Also, interesting as it is, it is rather unnerving to read due to the near random acts of violence that occur, which may also turn away readers. The deaths that had happened thus far, while eye catching attention drawing scenes, aren't really deaths that progress the story, even though they're set up like ones that would.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I rather draw a whole forest than a single bulding or human...can't be helped
    Traces of The Past : InkBlazers | Batoto

MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, ClaFan^^

Tbh (and maybe I'm a soft reviewer xD), after taking a quick look, I like what I saw. I was surprised 'cause I thought it would be a shonen, but in the end it's a seinen and I wasn't prepared for some of the ... bloody pannels I found there xD That element of surprise is a great thing, imo, since the story seemed to be evolving to a soft thing but got serious pretty quickly. Also, the story seem to be intriguing.

I agree with KyuRyu, though, you could work a bit on your expressions and, sometimes, in the way that the body seems to move, so it looks more natural. But I believe that it comes gradually, since we often see how somebody's art mature within time (you can just check Nobuhiro Watsuki in Rurouni Kenshin, and many other famous mangakas in their main work). Maybe, for now, you could just work on advertising about it everywhere, like you seem to be doing so far^^

New Reply