Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Urahara...as bad as Aizen?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara...as bad as Aizen?

Massive Spoilers Below!! Read at your own peril!

Spoiler show
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; January 17, 2013 at 04:35 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara...as bad as Aizen?

As far as I remember, the Ouken and the Hougyoku are not the same thing.
    The first allow to enter in the Spirit palace dimension and the latter litteraly grant wishes.
    In any case it was Aizen who sacrificed people to create the Hougyoku, while Urahara used a different method.
    In little words I don't think that he is evil in any way and his relation with the Spirit King is still unclear, so we will have to wait in order to give a proper judgement.
    Last edited by Zasz; December 09, 2012 at 03:05 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

No they're not the same, they have different purposes...
    As for the process of the creation of Hogyoku, it is still a bit unclear... Aizen said that in order to complete the Hogyoku, he sacrificed a lot of souls who bore Shinigami talents, yet it wasn't satisfied... Now, what Aizen said here only apply to the completion of the Hogyoku, not the " creation " of it, maybe to create it you need a different process (be it worse than sacrifying people)

But, Urahara's Hogyoku wasn't complete either, according to Aizen too, hence why he decided to stole to present it to his own Hogyoku (makes me wonder if Urahara is aware of the fact that Aizen create his own Hogyoku way before him)

But yeah... Urahara is still a shady guy, Kubo never showed as being totally " good ", heck there's no character (except for the main character and his friends) that are good, I think nearly all of them are more like " grey ", not bad and not good either

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    No they're not the same, they have different purposes...
    As for the process of the creation of Hogyoku, it is still a bit unclear... Aizen said that in order to complete the Hogyoku, he sacrificed a lot of souls who bore Shinigami talents, yet it wasn't satisfied... Now, what Aizen said here only apply to the completion of the Hogyoku, not the " creation " of it, maybe to create it you need a different process (be it worse than sacrifying people)

But, Urahara's Hogyoku wasn't complete either, according to Aizen too, hence why he decided to stole to present it to his own Hogyoku (makes me wonder if Urahara is aware of the fact that Aizen create his own Hogyoku way before him)

But yeah... Urahara is still a shady guy, Kubo never showed as being totally " good ", heck there's no character (except for the main character and his friends) that are good, I think nearly all of them are more like " grey ", not bad and not good either
    Toshiro is always good
    Meh

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan
    Toshiro is always good
    You must remember ...INOUE TOO ! Toshiro and Inoue should just hook up,lol!

But seriously...we don't know how one creates a Hogyoku,and what truly is strange is that they are sentient beings lol.If it needs to be fed souls,I wonder what is required for it's creation.Probably must be something nasty,and Urahara falls in the shadows yet again.

Urahara is not as bad as Aizen.At least,he wasn't shown to be,but he is a helluva shady guy...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    Toshiro is always good
    And Ukitake. White haired guys are in general good. Even Gin was redeemed in the end

Anyway, regardless, there is an ongoing discussion about the theories on final villain and if it could be Urahara or not. You may all check that thread if you still didn't;
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...in-Bleachverse

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If the orb could be used as a royal key then aizen wouldn't have needed to make a royal key to enter the palace, he would have only needed the orb. It seems there are a few comparable points. The orb was made from the fusion of the prototypes of aizen and urahara and it seems aizen also fed the orb a huge number of souls. To make the key aizen needed power in karakura town along with the souls of 100000 people. I don't think the similarties go beyond that, in terms of purpose the orb and key differ radically. I guess the royal key can be said to be sentient too if the royals are actually the key.

I do wonder if actually transforming into a royal key has a direct effect on the royals. If the royals and aizen's key are similar then the royals are basically infused with a huge number of souls (which could come from the flow of souls between world or are created by the king) so perhaps that would result in a change in the power the royals have to some degree.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    And Ukitake. White haired guys are in general good. Even Gin was redeemed in the end

Anyway, regardless, there is an ongoing discussion about the theories on final villain and if it could be Urahara or not. You may all check that thread if you still didn't;
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...in-Bleachverse
    In the context of Bleach right? Because white hair is normally surrounded in infamy lol

Sephiroth
    Kuja -___-
    Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)
    Vergil (DMC)
    Magneto (Xmen) etc...etc

As it concerns this thread, if the soul jewel needs to fed souls what was used in it's creation? And if it's humans I don't know if I'd be surprise that Urahara went down that road. We hardly know anything about him and Kubo loves his twist soooo...

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

cracker: Let me add Gin (Gintama)

But there's hardly such a thing as "bad" in Bleach.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as the manga told us the orb was exactly what it was supposed to be though. I would think that the royals being fused with orbs would cause a few weird plot points. Any one of them could at random turn into something like what aizen was which is weird enough as it is. Not to mention that it was never said the orb was something actually necessary to make the keys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

no way is urahara anywhere evil... to compare him to aizen is just short sighted.
    Urahara is more akin to Yoda, or like Obiwan,,,, the older version,, not the younger version.

He cares about his friends, he has shown proper judgement, loyalty to SS, loyalty to the king,,,, he has gone out of his way to try and save those that were hollowfied by Aizen,,, and his research is for the most part... ethical... now if we compare him to mayuri then I think it becomes even more clear that he does not wish to overtly do harm by his actions....

Also, he offers a choice to those he helps and mentions the risk... it may be a crappy choice,, but at least it is one.

IMHO.

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    White haired guys are in general good.
    And brown haired guys are evil - Keigo is the final villain!
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no need to go that much off topic and start spamming.

Urahara evil? No way in hell, do you want the plot to turn into total shit with two mighty, scientific and at first good characters to change sides? The idea that he would repeat that pattern is disturbing, to me it would be the death of creativity.

PS: Where are the spoilers? That's just an assumption and a wrong one at that. If anything the Hogyokou and the SK are similar, but not the key itself.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly though why would Urahara being the main villain be absurd or of the table? It would be the twistiest twist of all, M. Night Shyamalan style but kind of after it was all so obvious everyone figured it out.
    It doesn't have to be the death of creativity though, what matters is how it is handled. Take the recent Naruto "Twist". Very predictable, that was ok though, the problem was how it was done, very disappointing and suddenly something that was very predictable and believable became more and more unbelievable.
    Urahara needs a good motive for this, also this twist would have had to be planned for a long time for us to tie the bits and pieces together.

Anyho, I have not been able to drop the possibility of Urahara being the main baddie since I saw it in the thread posted by Hakuteiken.
    Meh

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that I find strange is, why is Urahara meeting with Karin? Unless he's doing it for Isshin's sake. What does he gain from that?
    They must be pretty tight, and it'd be nice to find out why.

Urahara as a bad guy could work, the guy obviously has a shady side to him...but in a way, it would be awkward and a little Obito-style. It'd feel like kind of a retcon.

Ukitake was also presented in a shady light in the FB arc, Kenpachi is insane, Mayuri is both shady and insane.
    So with this logic, anyone that's kinda in the grey-zone is a potential villain.
    Last edited by Notak; December 11, 2012 at 05:54 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast