Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Urahara...as bad as Aizen?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Urahara...as bad as Aizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Notak View Post
    Ukitake was also presented in a shady light in the FB arc, Kenpachi is insane, Mayuri is both shady and insane.
    So with this logic, anyone that's kinda in the grey-zone is a potential villain.
    SS is the grey zone itself, we've been given that countless times in the manga. But that means being shady or insane does not make you a potential villain. It's the ability to plan forward and prepare for turning against SS, that does. Aizen had that, and Urahara does as well.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara is good but ruthless. He has no problem to sacrifice anybody (sacrificing Rukia) as long its for the greater good. Remember how Mayuri refers him during his jailer era as unpleasant?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara definitely has the possibility of becoming the final antagonist or at least associated with the final antagonist but that is mostly because there is so much mystery to his character. Either Kubo is lazy and doesn't want to develop Urahara anymore or there is a strategy behind this mystery. However, he was kicked out of Soul Society.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Most individuals of this manga are ruthless or voilent or shady & etc (eccept for the main character(s)).

Urahara & co, gotei 13, arrancars, xcution consist of shady or ruthless individuals.

Isshin is just as shady as Urahara imo. WTH kinda father would permit the beat dowm of his son, keep so many secrets from him (especially till this day), etc & be ok with that? Worst father in bleach.

Ichigo is changing them & he will continue to influence them (maybe even the Royals).

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I don't think Urahara will be any villain, it's just his character (a character that has developed 100s of years) to be a shady SOB.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    keep so many secrets from him (especially till this day), etc & be ok with that? Worst father in bleach.
    So, little Ichigo! We had Romeo and Juliet story going on with your mom, we went to Earth, your mother was probably murdered by Quincy or Hollow. You don't what that is? Something you can't see. There are lots of people that... don't like me and you'll get to know them if you ever try to become Shinigami! Oh, did I mention, that I probably got exiled and I hide in human world? And I'm not really a human. Well, your mother wasn't exactly a human. And that makes you... not a human! But NOT telling you all those things when you're a teenager and you don't know anything about me and your mother makes ME a worst father. Well, whatever.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    So, little Ichigo! We had Romeo and Juliet story going on with your mom, we went to Earth, your mother was probably murdered by Quincy or Hollow. You don't what that is? Something you can't see. There are lots of people that... don't like me and you'll get to know them if you ever try to become Shinigami! Oh, did I mention, that I probably got exiled and I hide in human world? And I'm not really a human. Well, your mother wasn't exactly a human. And that makes you... not a human! But NOT telling you all those things when you're a teenager and you don't know anything about me and your mother makes ME a worst father. Well, whatever.
    but you misunderstood. I'm especially referring to the recent Ichigo (almost 18 years of age).

He is still a shady as hell father though.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    but you misunderstood. I'm especially referring to the recent Ichigo (almost 18 years of age).

He is still a shady as hell father though.
    Still it's too much to handle for him. He believed his mother was normal human, that was killed by Hollow. Wrong, she was freakin' MURDERED. And no, she wasn't even normal human. Ichigo doesn't need those informations to live his life. But now Isshin can't hide it for much longer. Soon we'll get our answers. When Ichigo goes back from RG. I think we'll get next big revelation about his family there. Then he'll have to get some answers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    No they're not the same, they have different purposes...
    As for the process of the creation of Hogyoku, it is still a bit unclear... Aizen said that in order to complete the Hogyoku, he sacrificed a lot of souls who bore Shinigami talents, yet it wasn't satisfied... Now, what Aizen said here only apply to the completion of the Hogyoku, not the " creation " of it, maybe to create it you need a different process (be it worse than sacrifying people)

But, Urahara's Hogyoku wasn't complete either, according to Aizen too, hence why he decided to stole to present it to his own Hogyoku (makes me wonder if Urahara is aware of the fact that Aizen create his own Hogyoku way before him)

But yeah... Urahara is still a shady guy, Kubo never showed as being totally " good ", heck there's no character (except for the main character and his friends) that are good, I think nearly all of them are more like " grey ", not bad and not good either
    I actually think aizen didnt make his own hogyoku....He realised that the hogyoku created by uruhara wasnt complete and tried to complete it by himself.. It is nowhere stated in the manga that aizen created his own..

visit me here

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post
    I actually think aizen didnt make his own hogyoku....He realised that the hogyoku created by uruhara wasnt complete and tried to complete it by himself.. It is nowhere stated in the manga that aizen created his own..
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...29-page-6.html
    How would you explain this, then? Aizen first talks about the Hougyoku and presenting souls to it, and then about Urahara's as "also incomplete". The "also" meant there were 2 different Hougyoku, both incomplete. (One of them being the one created by Aizen and the other by Urahara.)
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...29-page-6.html
    How would you explain this, then? Aizen first talks about the Hougyoku and presenting souls to it, and then about Urahara's as "also incomplete". The "also" meant there were 2 different Hougyoku, both incomplete. (One of them being the one created by Aizen and the other by Urahara.)
    And then he said he "presented it to his own Hogyoku". And it's enough of a proof.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to tell what Urahara has planned. He's a genius, it's been said time and again. He never seems to wonder, always composed as though he alone knows of a grand event that will happen in the future...

I do predict that Urahara is readying himself for something far bigger than anything else that has happened or for that matter, been alluded too. He seems to be building a team and a powerful one at that. Tessai, Yoruichi, Issin are already perfectly loyal to him. Jinta and Ururu are being groomed to be formidable as well. I also believe that Urahara is betting on Ichigo and his friends to be loyal allies to this potential major event that I ambiguously predict.

I think he and his crew will be staying out of the Quincy war in an effort to keep his secrective presence and plans intact. We will have to wait for more revelations to predict any further!

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Urahara's character has tipped the alarms in the past many times. Questions were raised against his motives. As for me, I do not think he is an evil character. Sure, he has made me suspicious numerous times. He is a genius and he may misuse or rather make use of the events but I do not see him as a bad guy. It has to be an epic deception, to deceive someone like Isshin and others.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he's bad like Aizen at all, he's willing to make certain sacrifices and break certain rules, but really this doesn't put him on a level different from most Captains. Even in Rukia's case, he was willing to sacrifice her powers as a Shinigami, but he sent Ichigo and co. to SS with the intention of saving her life (though whether that was about her life or stopping Aizen from getting his hands on the Hogyoku I can't say). What's interesting though is that Urahara seemed to have a certain understanding of Aizen. I think the reason Aizen hates Urahara is because he knows he sees things the same way he does, but refuses to act upon it the same way. Rather than trying to instigate change, Urahara complies with things as they are.

Look at the Hogyoku. Urahara devised it as a means for breaking the barrier between Hollow and Shinigami, though to what end, we don't know. But when he realised how dangerous it might be, he sealed it and hid it away. Aizen created a Hogyoku, sacrificed hundreds of people (their actual lives or just 'pieces' of their spirit, it's not clear) in order to awaken it, and when he finally did awaken it, used it to fuel a war and turn himself into a living god. They have the same capacity for vision, but they're two very different people.

But you never know. There's no denying that Urahara is shady in his own way. He might just have his own, more covert schemes for changing the world for what he and Aizen know as 'the better'.
    Last edited by NoOneInParticular; February 12, 2013 at 07:29 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Fact still remains that Urahara may not be as Evil as Aizen but we also can't out right say he hasn't played a huge part in some of what Aizen did, Yes okay he didn't try to take over the SK but still why make such a object in the 1st place? Why because he wanted to recreate the SK's power (which is pretty much what Hogyoku is) to what purpose we still don't have a clue but not one person in this forum can say that Urahara doesn't have his own agenda what ever that is
    Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The official explanation was that Urahara made the Hogyoku to transcend Human and Shinigami in order to save the lives of the ex shinigamis who were hollofied by Aizen..was it not?

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast